Inserting Photos into a blank Publisher 2003 Document

When I go to insert & select a photo to insert, I can NOt see the photo but I
can resize it.  The graphics manager task pane shows all my pictures as
"embedded"!?  How can I stop photos from being embedded?  They never used to
be?
0
K (139)

Read the fourth FAQ here:
http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Teresa K" <Teresa K@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I go to insert & select a photo to insert, I can NOt see the photo but I
> can resize it.  The graphics manager task pane shows all my pictures as
> "embedded"!?  How can I stop photos from being embedded?  They never used to
> be?

0
mary-sauer (6480)

removing blank fields in a query
I need to build a table using a old database. the field I want has some data in them but can also have blanks. I do not wan the fields with blanks how do I accomplish this. -- Les >>I do not wan the fields with blanks Just omit that field. Or do you not want records that have blank fields? Use criteria of Is Not Null on the field. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "Les" wrote: > I need to build a table using a old database. the field I want has some data > in them but can also have blanks. I do not wan the fields with blanks how ...

How do I setup GC Proxy on Exchange 2003?
A good friend of mine who is MCSE cert along with having his ISA 2004 cert (says there are only 7 people in Canada who have ISA 2004 cert) suggested that I setup MAPI for my clients but that I need to do the leg on the Exchange side of it and he'll be happy to do the ISA 2004 setup for me. Apparently from what I gather from him is that under ISA 2004 you don't need to go through hassle of installing SSL and RDC/HTTP on the Exchange box like you do when setting up MAPI clients under ISA 2000. Anyhow, were I am currently stuck is I have not been able to find any info on how to se...

Mail merge with Excel in Publisher 200
Whenever I open a merged document in Publisher with I merged with an Excel spreadsheet, I must re-establish my link with the spreadsheet (including any filters I originally set)--quite annoying. This is has not always been the case; I have some connections which have stayed connected. These could possibly be ones I did in an earlier version of Publisher. Is this a problem with just Publisher 2000 or is there a way to permanently connect my publisher document with my Excel spreadsheet? Thanks much! ...

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

Outlook 2003 Navigation Pane
Whenever I switch to Outlook Today, the Mail bar appears in the Navigation Pane. (Evidently this is the default) How do I change this, to, say, the Shortcut Bar? In other words, I want the Shortcut Bar displayed whenever I display the Outlook Today window. ...

Exporting Documents
How do you export an excel document into word without changing the way it was setup? Go into word and open up your excel document from word. If you don't have the converter installed you may have to install it. Try opening the excel workbook first, if you don't have the converter installed it will tell you. Hope this helps. >-----Original Message----- >How do you export an excel document into word without >changing the way it was setup? >. > ...

Insert trigger

PO's printing Blank
When a user creates a PO and prints to screen they are coming up blank Please Help Hi What happens when they print to printer? Does the printer prints a blank page? "Edward Perrier" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2c00701c469a4$56b91660$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When a user creates a PO and prints to screen they are > coming up blank Please Help Are they completely blank, or are the lines missing. If it is just the lines, it could be the release dates? Carol "Edward Perrier" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

Publisher w/ digital imaging incl'd in prof office?
I apoligize for submitting this question here but can't find the answer on microsoft anywhere. I want to upgrade to Professional office and I use publisher all the time and am wondering if the Publisher 2003 w/ digital imaging comes in that suite. I am trying to decide what office to buy and that will make a huge impact on my decision. Thanks charles wrote: > I apoligize for submitting this question here but can't > find the answer on microsoft anywhere. > > I want to upgrade to Professional office and I use > publisher all the time and am wondering if the Publ...

blank business cards from printer
I can print preview the cards I created but paper comes out blank. printed test page and other documents. Printer goes thru the motions but no ink. using publisher 2003. Is the content of the card an image rather than a mix of images and text? If the card content is a picture, be sure you have "Print full-resolution linked graphics" enabled. (Advanced Print Settings in the print dialogue). Are you using a template from the built-in templates that are part of the Publisher program? Special Paper Business cards will not print the built-in images. These cards have to be purch...

new office 2003 outlook
My email account is set up exactly like the old office, old earthlink set-ups, old folders, etc., yet i cannot Send/Receive in the new Outlook 2003. Any ideas? SOunds exactly like my problem with OL2003 as posted today: URGENT: OL2003: can receive e-mail ONLY ONCE (?!?) Except that I can't get ANY account to work. btw it's all POP3 with me, and I can receive them exactly on the first start of OL2003 after creaton of the profile and the accounts settings, and no more after OL2003 has been closed and re-opened. Philotech "Sandy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com...

Outlook 2003 & Act 6
Does anyone have any info on the popup message (a program is trying to access email messages....) from Outlook 2003 when using it with Act 6? I want to utilize Outlook 2003 but cannot roll it out while having this annoying popup issue. dj It's the security feature added to Outlook 2000 post SP1. Your best bet is contact ACT and see if they have a fix for it, since it needs fixed from the accessing program's side unless you use Exchange server. For more information on the security features, see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Autho...

inserting hrs and minutes

GETPIVOTDATA and (blank)
I have created a spreadsheet which has two pivot tables in it on separate sheets. In addition there is a summary sheet which I use the GETPIVOTDATA function to extract data from the pivot tables referencing adjacent cells for the Manager and Rep ID's. The original data includes some rows without ID's in either the Rep or the Manager fields resulting in some "(blank)" entries on both pivot tables. Where this has happened on the first table I have entered "(blank)" in my reference cell on the summary sheet and the data is extracted as nomal. When I...

OWA 2003 Front End logout error
Only on my OWA 2003 front end server do I get this error: If you click the Logout button in OWA I get the login box again. If you click cancel it gives you a blank page with the error "Access is denied, but if you use the Back button in your browser you are still logged in. All three of me Exchange servers are 2003 on Windows 2003. If I logon to OWA directly to non-Front End servers the logout button works correctly. It's only on my front end server and happens using both http or https. Thanks for any advice. Make sure that on that FE server, you have anonymous set on the Exch...

Publisher Not Responding
I installed MS Office Small Business. Excel and Publisher are locking up as soon as I try to do anything. When I CRTL ALT DEL the programs are "not responding." Is there a file that could be missing. I remember something about a kernel file from MS Office 98. I would apppreciate your help. Thanks. Have you installed the service packs? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displaylang=en -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm "Steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

How to print a greet. card from Publisher on a 2-side card stock?
Publisher has a pre-set printing option for greeting cards to print on an A-4 paper. How can I change it so it sould print on a regular two-sided card stock size 5.5"x 8.5"? Thanks Booklet setup on letter size stock. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "CLX" <CLX@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B45E658D-EB23-4365-A82E-33CA1D71EC9B@microsoft.com... > Publisher has a pre-set printing option for greeting cards to print on an A-4 > paper. How can I change it so it sould print...

Outlook 2003 #175
Signatures keep dissappering. Can you help? Not without a LOT more information. Disappearing from where? What are you doing when you expect to find them? Are you using Word as the message editor? Did you set a default signature in Word? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Pauly asked: | Signatures keep dissappering. Can you help? After setting up ...

Exch 2003 Crashes
(Long post, please bear with me and read it all.) I've been working with MS PSS for about 15 hours so far on this and they're unable to help. I've been talking to both the Exchange and IIS groups. Nothing found here on the NG or Google, so I thought I'd post fresh. PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN!!! I have a Win2003 (standard) DC with Exch 2003 (standard) on it. It also has Veritas BackupExec 9.0, Sybari Antigen 7.5, and Symantec NAV Corporate 8.1. NAV is only scanning the web directory - not the Exchange directories. This machine is a new Dell PowerEdge 2650 with 3 drives in RAID...

Hyperlinks when published
When I add hyperlinks to other docs or sites to my page, they work with "ctrl - click" in Publisher, but don't work in the preview or when published. The only links that do work are the ones that relate to an email address. Any ideas? Publisher 2003, IE7, XP. ...

Installing Office 2003 is a mess
I purchased Office 2003 on disk and I installed it on my old XP machine. When I used the same disk to install Office 2003 on my new Vista machine, I was taken by surprise when I was asked if I wanted Office 2007. I said yes, thinking that it was a free update for Vista. Now I have the following 3 problems, of which I have solved only the first one: 1. When I open a Word file by double-clicking in Explorer, the file opens under Office 2007 and asks if I want to install it, which I do not. I solved this problem by first opening Word 2003 with the icon on the desktop and now ...

Outlook 2003
Hello there, I am trying to send e-mail from Outlook 2003 using Act 6. That is no problem: the problem is my old sent messages. Is it possible to see those in Outlook 2003? I want to keep using ACT as an address database. Thanks in advance, Toon Schilder "gautama" <toonschilder@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1132576277.676676.289060@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hello there, > > I am trying to send e-mail from Outlook 2003 using Act 6. That is no > problem: the problem is my old sent messages. Is it possible to see > those in Outlook 2003? > >...