Inserting files and formatting cell size

Is there a way to insert a Microsoft Publisher file into another Publisher
file, like you can do with Word files? I have two seperate Publisher files
that I would like to make into one document. Would Merge work? If so, how?

Also, is there a way to change the size of one cell of one row without
changing the size of the cells in the other rows? For instance, I would like
the first cell of the first row to be 2 inches and the second cell to be 4
inches. However, I'd like the first cell of the second row to be one inch and
the second cell of the second row to be 5 inches. When I try to change the
cell sizes in the first row, it also changes the sizes in cells below, which
I don't want.

Any help you can give me will be appreciated. I'm used to using Word.

By the way, I have Microsoft Publisher 2003.
0
Toody (13)

Publisher doesn't have the capability to change cell size the way Word can.
Create guides and enable snap to guides.

Combining documents is usually a copy/paste operation. If you are will to try a
merge I have a method here, it is rather complicated.
http://msauer.mvps.org/combining_publisher_documents.htm

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Toody" <Toody@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to insert a Microsoft Publisher file into another Publisher
> file, like you can do with Word files? I have two seperate Publisher files
> that I would like to make into one document. Would Merge work? If so, how?
>
> Also, is there a way to change the size of one cell of one row without
> changing the size of the cells in the other rows? For instance, I would like
> the first cell of the first row to be 2 inches and the second cell to be 4
> inches. However, I'd like the first cell of the second row to be one inch and
> the second cell of the second row to be 5 inches. When I try to change the
> cell sizes in the first row, it also changes the sizes in cells below, which
> I don't want.
>
> Any help you can give me will be appreciated. I'm used to using Word.
>
> By the way, I have Microsoft Publisher 2003.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
8/23/2007 9:38:20 AM
Thanks, Mary!

I'll check out your link. As for changing the cell size, I figured as much!

Have a great day!

Jackie

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Publisher doesn't have the capability to change cell size the way Word can.
> Create guides and enable snap to guides.
>
> Combining documents is usually a copy/paste operation. If you are will to try a
> merge I have a method here, it is rather complicated.
> http://msauer.mvps.org/combining_publisher_documents.htm
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Toody" <Toody@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is there a way to insert a Microsoft Publisher file into another Publisher
> > file, like you can do with Word files? I have two seperate Publisher files
> > that I would like to make into one document. Would Merge work? If so, how?
> >
> > Also, is there a way to change the size of one cell of one row without
> > changing the size of the cells in the other rows? For instance, I would like
> > the first cell of the first row to be 2 inches and the second cell to be 4
> > inches. However, I'd like the first cell of the second row to be one inch and
> > the second cell of the second row to be 5 inches. When I try to change the
> > cell sizes in the first row, it also changes the sizes in cells below, which
> > I don't want.
> >
> > Any help you can give me will be appreciated. I'm used to using Word.
> >
> > By the way, I have Microsoft Publisher 2003.

0
Toody (13)

Looking for cells containing numbers
Hi, in a column with cells containing either text or numbers I have to exclude those with text in an arithmetic formula as is runs through the whole column, hence avoiding an error as a result when reading text cells. A cloumn holding an intermediate result of the reading as "0" or "1" or something will be just fine. How to? Cheers, Thorkild You might be thinking of something like this ? Assuming the col with text/numbers is col A, A1 down Put in B1: =IF(ISTEXT(A1),0,A1) Copy B1 down Then use col B instead of col A for downstream calcs -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, ...

There is no change to Print (from web format) in my file menu.
I am attempting to change a file from web format to print document format. Your help response is to click on "change to print" in the file menu. This option is not in my file menu. Can you help? ...

format cell to show zero if not a positive number
How can I format a column of figures to show that if the result is zero or negative amount it will just show a zero or be left blank. I am attempting to show the difference between figures that have been invoiced to figures that have been added and thus need to be invoiced. Use a custom format like #,##0.00_);; or #,##0.00_);"0";"0" HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "TechnoGram" <mumzee3@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4183a06c-5eb1-4699-9efd-fd8a4bdd4e07@d62g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > How can I format a column of figures to show that if the result i...

Opening xml file in excel
Hello, When a xml file is opened in excel, a dialog is displayed asking [to open with stylesheet or do not open with stylesheet]. When the file is opened in vb this dialog is not shown. How to open a xml file in vb applying the stylesheet. thanks Menon ...

conditional formatting
I am trying to evaluate publisher to see what limitations there are for printing a smal booklet? How can I turn images on and off or assign an image depending on a data field on a merge without coding VB? Is it possible or do I have resort to writting code? I would like to dynamically change images on a template and also turn on and off. What is the best way possible to do this? Thanks, AL AL_LONGO <ALLONGO@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > How can I turn images on and off or assign an image depending on a > data field on a merge without coding...

change a word file back to a pdf file
i changed a pdf file in to a word file how can i change it back to a pdf file in microsoft outlook. Also i could not read the file in word Please Help You post Word, PDF question in Outlook group? "Ann" <Ann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A6AFC3C-2780-4182-BAFC-C07D3D9A7FF3@microsoft.com... >i changed a pdf file in to a word file how can i change it back to a pdf >file > in microsoft outlook. > > Also i could not read the file in word > Please Help Did you change it by simply renaming the file extension? -- Kathleen Orland - MVP...

Count with Hidden cells
Is there a way to count the number of text filled cells excluding the cells that I have hidden? Depends on the version of excel, excel 2003 works like =SUBTOTAL(103,A1:A10) won't count hidden cells -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Stretch" <Stretch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F387E47-FC1F-4AEB-8A6C-2B37BC012DD1@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to count the number of text filled cells excluding the > cells > that I have hidden? What does the 103 stand for? "Peo Sjoblom" wrote: > Depends on the v...

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

Reading XML files on WebServer
Hi, I am wanting to read an XML file sitting on a server and am wondering if I will run into problems with firewalls and/or proxy servers using the following simple bit of code: XmlTextReader reader = new XmlTextReader ("http://www.myserver.com/myxmlfile.xml"); It works fine with my interent connection. If some of the users are behind a proxy server it may cause a problem. Especially authentication proxy server. If you concern about these circumstances I suggest creating a WebRequest object and set the correct credentials, proxy server and then get the WebResponse objec...

Numerical Formatting in a Report
Hello, I am trying to whittle down some duplicate files on our server. One of the lines in the report provides a summary of a particular duplicated file. In the text box control, I have the following: ="There are " & [subCounter] & " additional copies of '" & [File_Name] & "' potentially using up to " & [footsum] & " MB of space." which works, but is ugly. The [footsum] entity is calculated by dividing the file size in bytes by 1024 and again by 1024 to yield MB. Is there a way to round the [footsum] calculation to ...

Insert trigger

reducing file size
In an excel file, I just deleted a picture. When saving the fil again, I noticed that the file size grew instead of being reduced. Does anyway know if excel "save" things you delete, and if so how can you permantly delete things to reduce file size? Your used range has probalby gotten messed up. Look for any sheet where the scroll bars take you well past the end of the data. Hitting Ctrl + End on these sheets will also take you out the the data range. Here is a link on fixing the used range. http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- HTH... Jim Thomlins...

inserting hrs and minutes

colour formatting
hi all.. Has anyone any idea how to chnge the colour of the text in say a1, a2, a3 simply from the results of what word is placed in cell a4 TIA Use the Format-->Conditional formatting command. 1. Select cells A1:A3 2. Click Format-->Conditional formatting 3. Change the first dropdown (on the left) to "Formula Is" 4. Enter the following formula in the textbox to the right of "Formula Is": =$A$4="Hello" Where: $A$4 = the cell you're testing "Hello" = the word/phrase that will make the font color change. Make sure ...

XL 2000 Changes File Name for Save
When I save my Excel spreadsheet, Excel adds a 1 to the file name (file.xls becomes file1.xls). When I remove the 1 and save it, it responds with the overwrite message? It just started doing this several weeks ago and I can't figure out why. Anyone know what's going on? Are you sure that the additional 1 is added when you're doing the save? Could it have been added when you were opening the workbook? If you try it again, do you see: File1 (instead of File.xls) in the title bar? If yes, then it sounds like you've opened the file via a double click in windows explorer. And ...

Automatic conditional formatting from a list
Hi All I need a macro that colours cells if the product name in column A on it's row matches any in the product list. There is a list of product names in C17:End(xlUp).Row, that have different backgrounds applied to each cell in the list. The macro looks at Column A in the worksheet & compares it to the product name list. Where it finds a product name match, it goes across to columns I:BJ (on the matched row) and applies the product name's background colour to any "active cells" (i.e. value >0). The following code does this but it's applies...

Read 3 txt input files and create an XL spreadsheet
I have 3 txt files that contain data and i want to generate a single spreadsheet. 1 Text file contains the data as below: USER = GARYG PU SU CL CR CG 2. Text file contains data as : GEN WINDOW_LIST GARYGWL EXCEPTION = N ,INSTALLATION_DATA = NONE =MA , CAN , MULTI , WA , SDR , ETEL ; 3. Text file contains data as: USERCODE "GARYG" DEFAULT_WINDOW = NONE ,WINDOW_LIST = GARYGWL ; The report i am looking should be like this: USER ...

Reducing File Size???
I have the same file performing the exactly the same thing but one is double the other. It appears to me that the more I work with the worksheet the bigger the size of the file. how can I remove this redundant memory space? Cheers Jio, You probably have formatted or otherwise used some rows below or columns to the right of your data. On the bloated workbook, select the sheets individually and press Ctrl + End. If the last row and column is well below where you think it should be, you'll need to delete the empty rows and columns. Check here for an example of how to do this both manua...

Insert with a where condition

borders not aligned with cell content when printed
When I print a simple array of individually bordered cells, the result has the top few rows fine, but lower edges of each cell pushed up into the cell content, with the worst distortion at bottom of array. In other words, the borders are fine in print preview, but misaligned during print. Thanks, Andy Hi What does Print Preview show you? It sounds like a printer driver problem. Check you have the latest correct version. -- Andy. "andy g" <andy g@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4ED27CC-2702-425B-AAA6-8120FC2B9C03@microsoft.com... > When I print a ...

Can't create html file from pub file
I don't have Frontpage and I used Publisher for doing web page. Now I can't acess to some funcions, in the wb, because I have made a ".pub" file instead a ".html" file! What can I do??? Run Publisher, open your file and do, File Save as a Web page This will create the html files and the gif files. Upload all the files except the .pub file. And don't do what I did on my first web page project, deleted the pub file. You will need it to make changes with your web page. You open the pub file, make changes, save as a web page and upload the new files. Don ...

What can i use to read the transaction log files?
If I open the e00XXXXX.log files using notepad they are encrypted is some way. Is there a tool I can use to be able to read the log file? No, and I would recommend you don't open them in anything, what exactly are you looking for? -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "llewell" <llewell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E75FC280-0F6D-4183-977C-1D6157E5C27F@microsoft.com... > If I open the e00XXXXX.log files using notepad they are encrypted is some > way. Is there a tool I can use to be able to read ...