Inserting calendars into Publisher

I want to insert a monthly calendar into a church newsletter that I have
created using Publisher 2002. The calendar will be on a page by itself. The
calendar will have entries for activities throughout the month. If I can
insert the calendar with the rest of the newsletter, then I will be able to
send it directly from my computer to a high quality printer, resulting in a
better looking publication. Is there a Microsoft product that I can use to
accomplish this? If not, is there a product on the market that I can use with
Publisher to achieve this objective?
0
Dean1 (103)

The "Design Gallery" has standalone calendars that can be inserted. Have you
tried one of those? Insert, Design Gallery Object.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Dean" <Dean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to insert a monthly calendar into a church newsletter that I have
> created using Publisher 2002. The calendar will be on a page by itself. The
> calendar will have entries for activities throughout the month. If I can
> insert the calendar with the rest of the newsletter, then I will be able to
> send it directly from my computer to a high quality printer, resulting in a
> better looking publication. Is there a Microsoft product that I can use to
> accomplish this? If not, is there a product on the market that I can use with
> Publisher to achieve this objective?

0
mary-sauer (6480)
4/12/2006 8:10:52 AM
I did try it, but I could not enter any activity data into the calendar.
Currently, I produce this calendar separately in Broderbund's Calendar
Creator and print the remaining newsletter pages with Publisher. Then I use a
feature on our copier to produce the newsletter. Picture quality suffers
because the final product has second generation photos. If I could integrate
a calendar, then everything goes from the computer straight to the copier.
Are there any products that will work with Publisher?

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> The "Design Gallery" has standalone calendars that can be inserted. Have you
> tried one of those? Insert, Design Gallery Object.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Dean" <Dean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I want to insert a monthly calendar into a church newsletter that I have
> > created using Publisher 2002. The calendar will be on a page by itself. The
> > calendar will have entries for activities throughout the month. If I can
> > insert the calendar with the rest of the newsletter, then I will be able to
> > send it directly from my computer to a high quality printer, resulting in a
> > better looking publication. Is there a Microsoft product that I can use to
> > accomplish this? If not, is there a product on the market that I can use with
> > Publisher to achieve this objective?

0
Dean1 (103)
4/12/2006 11:53:02 AM
Dean, I don't understand why you couldn't insert activity data into the
calendar. You can select the rows and make the date font smaller and left
justify. That leaves plenty of room for your text. You could insert a small
image as well, place your cursor in the cell, fill, fill effects, picture tab.

Have you used the New Publication catalog and created a calendar, copied and
pasted into your newsletter?

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

>I did try it, but I could not enter any activity data into the calendar.
> Currently, I produce this calendar separately in Broderbund's Calendar
> Creator and print the remaining newsletter pages with Publisher. Then I use a
> feature on our copier to produce the newsletter. Picture quality suffers
> because the final product has second generation photos. If I could integrate
> a calendar, then everything goes from the computer straight to the copier.
> Are there any products that will work with Publisher?
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> The "Design Gallery" has standalone calendars that can be inserted. Have you
>> tried one of those? Insert, Design Gallery Object.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Dean" <Dean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I want to insert a monthly calendar into a church newsletter that I have
>> > created using Publisher 2002. The calendar will be on a page by itself. The
>> > calendar will have entries for activities throughout the month. If I can
>> > insert the calendar with the rest of the newsletter, then I will be able to
>> > send it directly from my computer to a high quality printer, resulting in a
>> > better looking publication. Is there a Microsoft product that I can use to
>> > accomplish this? If not, is there a product on the market that I can use
>> > with
>> > Publisher to achieve this objective?

0
mary-sauer (6480)
4/12/2006 2:35:06 PM
Mary, no I have not used the New Publication catalog. I'll take a look at
that and I'll also try your suggestion for entering text. Thank you very
much. I'll let you know how it goes.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Dean, I don't understand why you couldn't insert activity data into the
> calendar. You can select the rows and make the date font smaller and left
> justify. That leaves plenty of room for your text. You could insert a small
> image as well, place your cursor in the cell, fill, fill effects, picture tab.
>
> Have you used the New Publication catalog and created a calendar, copied and
> pasted into your newsletter?
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Dean" <Dean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I did try it, but I could not enter any activity data into the calendar.
> > Currently, I produce this calendar separately in Broderbund's Calendar
> > Creator and print the remaining newsletter pages with Publisher. Then I use a
> > feature on our copier to produce the newsletter. Picture quality suffers
> > because the final product has second generation photos. If I could integrate
> > a calendar, then everything goes from the computer straight to the copier.
> > Are there any products that will work with Publisher?
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> The "Design Gallery" has standalone calendars that can be inserted. Have you
> >> tried one of those? Insert, Design Gallery Object.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "Dean" <Dean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Dean1 (103)
4/12/2006 4:32:02 PM
Mary, your suggestion provided the solution that I was seeking. It works
well. Thanks so much.

Dean

"Dean" wrote:

> Mary, no I have not used the New Publication catalog. I'll take a look at
> that and I'll also try your suggestion for entering text. Thank you very
> much. I'll let you know how it goes.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
> > Dean, I don't understand why you couldn't insert activity data into the
> > calendar. You can select the rows and make the date font smaller and left
> > justify. That leaves plenty of room for your text. You could insert a small
> > image as well, place your cursor in the cell, fill, fill effects, picture tab.
> >
> > Have you used the New Publication catalog and created a calendar, copied and
> > pasted into your newsletter?
> >
> > --
> > Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> > http://office.microsoft.com/
> > http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >
> > "Dean" <Dean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I did try it, but I could not enter any activity data into the calendar.
> > > Currently, I produce this calendar separately in Broderbund's Calendar
> > > Creator and print the remaining newsletter pages with Publisher. Then I use a
> > > feature on our copier to produce the newsletter. Picture quality suffers
> > > because the final product has second generation photos. If I could integrate
> > > a calendar, then everything goes from the computer straight to the copier.
> > > Are there any products that will work with Publisher?

0
Dean1 (103)
4/13/2006 6:33:01 PM
Glad it worked for you, I appreciate your taking the time to post back.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Mary, your suggestion provided the solution that I was seeking. It works
> well. Thanks so much.
>
> Dean
>
> "Dean" wrote:
>
>> Mary, no I have not used the New Publication catalog. I'll take a look at
>> that and I'll also try your suggestion for entering text. Thank you very
>> much. I'll let you know how it goes.
>>
>> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>>
>> > Dean, I don't understand why you couldn't insert activity data into the
>> > calendar. You can select the rows and make the date font smaller and left
>> > justify. That leaves plenty of room for your text. You could insert a small
>> > image as well, place your cursor in the cell, fill, fill effects, picture
>> > tab.
>> >
>> > Have you used the New Publication catalog and created a calendar, copied
>> > and
>> > pasted into your newsletter?
>> >
>> > --
>> > Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> > http://office.microsoft.com/
>> > http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> >
>> > "Dean" <Dean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
mary-sauer (6480)
4/13/2006 7:05:03 PM
This is exactly what I would like to do. I don't have publisher but am
thinking about purchasing. Can you tell me how well Publisher Calendar works
for you? Can you insert recurring events? Or are they simple text boxes?
Thanks,
Sandi

"Dean" wrote:

> I want to insert a monthly calendar into a church newsletter that I have
> created using Publisher 2002. The calendar will be on a page by itself. The
> calendar will have entries for activities throughout the month. If I can
> insert the calendar with the rest of the newsletter, then I will be able to
> send it directly from my computer to a high quality printer, resulting in a
> better looking publication. Is there a Microsoft product that I can use to
> accomplish this? If not, is there a product on the market that I can use with
> Publisher to achieve this objective?

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

Mail merge with Excel in Publisher 200
Whenever I open a merged document in Publisher with I merged with an Excel spreadsheet, I must re-establish my link with the spreadsheet (including any filters I originally set)--quite annoying. This is has not always been the case; I have some connections which have stayed connected. These could possibly be ones I did in an earlier version of Publisher. Is this a problem with just Publisher 2000 or is there a way to permanently connect my publisher document with my Excel spreadsheet? Thanks much! ...

Insert trigger

inserting hrs and minutes

How to print a greet. card from Publisher on a 2-side card stock?
Publisher has a pre-set printing option for greeting cards to print on an A-4 paper. How can I change it so it sould print on a regular two-sided card stock size 5.5"x 8.5"? Thanks Booklet setup on letter size stock. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "CLX" <CLX@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B45E658D-EB23-4365-A82E-33CA1D71EC9B@microsoft.com... > Publisher has a pre-set printing option for greeting cards to print on an A-4 > paper. How can I change it so it sould print...

Hyperlinks when published
When I add hyperlinks to other docs or sites to my page, they work with "ctrl - click" in Publisher, but don't work in the preview or when published. The only links that do work are the ones that relate to an email address. Any ideas? Publisher 2003, IE7, XP. ...

how do I format text as strikethrough in Publisher 2003?
I am copying over text from a WordPerfect document into Microsoft Publisher 2003. Text that has been formatted as "Strikethrough" in the WordPerfect document comes over as plain text with no strikethrough. I have even tried to just import the document which it looks like it does fairly well at, except that all text formatted as strikethrough is imported as plain text. I can possibly believe that Publisher does not have any way to format text in this way, but I have looked everywhere and cannot figure out how to format the text in this way. Can anyone help? You will have to ...

Insert with a where condition

Insert

Publisher Calendar Reverting changes
I've added new info to my Publisher Calendar and would like to change just the month and not my new information. Unfortunately, it reverts back to the old information every time... Requiring me to redo the text again. Any assistance is appreciated. thanks You could setup a merge if all the information is the same. You could copy the calendar, paste to a new publication, you can restore the color with color schemes. You will have to change the date range manually but your text will be retained. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msne...

Uploaded Checking acct data
Using 2005 Just successfully uploaded all 2004 (YTD) for main checking account. That said, why does the calender not reflect the payments? My calendar shows nothing just "Add New" Is there some steps that I need to do or is the calendar information updated only if I, step-by-step, pay bills in the system? TIA Dennis The data that you have uploaded will be in the account register, not in the bills/deposits area which populates the calendar. To get it in the calendar, you'll need to add it to the bills/deposits area. You can do this by either entering it manually or by...

how to insert data in a table

insert downloads into power point

Insert dataset to another database

Insert a blank row

How do I insert a letter into an existing word document?
I am working on a large document that I need to add several letters that are on our letterhead. If I cut and paste the letter, the letterhead header becomes skewed. This is just one issue I'm having with the document! Also need to know how to merge 3 separate documents together once I insert the letters that I need! Help! What do you mean by "skewed"? To preserve the data from the header of the document, you will need to insert it into a Section of its own separated from the rest of the document by Next page Section breaks before and after it with the headers...

Deleted Meeting in Calendar
My meeting is not in the calendar...When I invite my coworkers the meeting was deleted (at the same time),,,My colleagues are able to respond and accept the meeting...I receive their response but no longer see the meeting in the calendar...It is in the deleted folder but don't know how to recover the meeting in the calendar maintaining the track with the invitees without resending the meeting to all of them...Thank you ...

How do I insert backround into my picture inserts?
Could you please elaborate on your question, and give us details such as your version of Publisher. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "TAMOS" <TAMOS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1B3ABEC-F208-4A23-B695-9C0EEFBF649F@microsoft.com... > How to Compose a Good Newsgroup Post http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm How to Act Smart on Usenet http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html Getting Your Post Noticed - and Answered http:...

Can I export to publisher
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel Afternoon A client would like me to set up some templates for him to use in Publisher. He is on a pc and I a mac. I have the full office suite but don't know what program/export setting I have to use. Any help?? Thanks in advance!! Since you need to help a client with a specific application, you might be better off installing Windows and Publisher on your Mac and do your work in there. If that is not an option, I guess it might be possible to create a template in Word and to import that template into Publisher. Note that you sho...

Inserting images into excel conditionally
I have a large product price list (1200 items) with one column for quantity. I would like excel to import the appropriate image for a product once the condition entered is that quantity is > 0. Is this possible? If so then please help. Thanks Pav One way http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html can be adapted to your situation -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Pav" <Pav@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37DC7373-14E6-4F11-9136-71DC3AD93CC2@microsoft.com... > I have a large product price list (1200 items) with one column for quantity. > I would l...

Strikethrough in Publisher 2000
I need to use the strikethrough feature in my Publisher 2000 document. How do I do THAT? Thanks for any tips!! Use the line tool, only way... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm news://msnews.microsoft.com "Gloria" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68e401c40143$69534d00$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I need to use the strikethrough feature in my Publisher > 2000 document. How do I do THAT? > > Thanks for any tips!! Somebody just asked this last week. Draw a line and move it...