Inserting a PDF into a Publisher document

I have a PDF that I would like to insert into a booklet I am making in
Publisher.  Is that possible?  I just want it to take up one of my pages
within the booklet.  If I copy and paste it only leaves a blank square.  Help!

Try inserting it as an Object.

--

Rob Giordano
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

"Kelly Edwards" <KellyEdwards@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I have a PDF that I would like to insert into a booklet I am making in
| Publisher.  Is that possible?  I just want it to take up one of my pages
| within the booklet.  If I copy and paste it only leaves a blank square.
Help!

0
webmaster911 (1600)
7/9/2007 8:28:06 PM
I was able to do it on my older system but haven't tried it on this one yet.
I suspect I could because I have Acrobat Pro.

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"Kelly Edwards" <KellyEdwards@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a PDF that I would like to insert into a booklet I am making in
> Publisher.  Is that possible?  I just want it to take up one of my pages
> within the booklet.  If I copy and paste it only leaves a blank square.
> Help!

0
jl_paules (2767)
7/9/2007 8:29:04 PM
I figured it out.  If you open the PDF and click Edit then Copy to Clipboard.
 Then, go to your Publisher doc. and right click and click paste it will
paste the document!  Yeah!  Thanks!

-Kelly

Kelly Edwards wrote:
> I figured it out.  If you open the PDF and click Edit then Copy to Clipboard.
>  Then, go to your Publisher doc. and right click and click paste it will
> paste the document!  Yeah!  Thanks!

This can and does adversely affect the resolution, causing blurring when
printing.

For a guide on how to avoid this, hit up
http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/convertpdf

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

OL 2002 SP3: Documentation bug about client-only rules
There is incomplete information under the "My rule name contains Client Only" section of "Troubleshooting Outlook Rules" page (located at mk:@MSITStore:C:\Program%20Files\Microsoft%20Office\Office10\1033) It fails to mention that adding a rule to look for specific words in recipient's address also will also cause the rule to become client only. ...

change a word file back to a pdf file
i changed a pdf file in to a word file how can i change it back to a pdf file in microsoft outlook. Also i could not read the file in word Please Help You post Word, PDF question in Outlook group? "Ann" <Ann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A6AFC3C-2780-4182-BAFC-C07D3D9A7FF3@microsoft.com... >i changed a pdf file in to a word file how can i change it back to a pdf >file > in microsoft outlook. > > Also i could not read the file in word > Please Help Did you change it by simply renaming the file extension? -- Kathleen Orland - MVP...

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

Mail merge with Excel in Publisher 200
Whenever I open a merged document in Publisher with I merged with an Excel spreadsheet, I must re-establish my link with the spreadsheet (including any filters I originally set)--quite annoying. This is has not always been the case; I have some connections which have stayed connected. These could possibly be ones I did in an earlier version of Publisher. Is this a problem with just Publisher 2000 or is there a way to permanently connect my publisher document with my Excel spreadsheet? Thanks much! ...

publisher 2000 #11
this goes out to the ones who said that publisher 2000 had nothing wrong with it and the HP's lj 4500 had a problem and that tech support basically sucked for saying that the problem was in the publisher 2000. the problem was in the 2000 and that some printer will not work with publisher, so be sure to ask that question. once i load 2002, the problem was gone and the printer works like a champ. i guess i am obviously incredibly gullible and that HP lied through their teeth. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from brent <anonymous@discussi...

Insert trigger

Exporting Documents
How do you export an excel document into word without changing the way it was setup? Go into word and open up your excel document from word. If you don't have the converter installed you may have to install it. Try opening the excel workbook first, if you don't have the converter installed it will tell you. Hope this helps. >-----Original Message----- >How do you export an excel document into word without >changing the way it was setup? >. > ...

inserting hrs and minutes

Publisher Not Responding
I installed MS Office Small Business. Excel and Publisher are locking up as soon as I try to do anything. When I CRTL ALT DEL the programs are "not responding." Is there a file that could be missing. I remember something about a kernel file from MS Office 98. I would apppreciate your help. Thanks. Have you installed the service packs? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displaylang=en -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm "Steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

How to print a greet. card from Publisher on a 2-side card stock?
Publisher has a pre-set printing option for greeting cards to print on an A-4 paper. How can I change it so it sould print on a regular two-sided card stock size 5.5"x 8.5"? Thanks Booklet setup on letter size stock. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "CLX" <CLX@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B45E658D-EB23-4365-A82E-33CA1D71EC9B@microsoft.com... > Publisher has a pre-set printing option for greeting cards to print on an A-4 > paper. How can I change it so it sould print...

Publisher w/ Digital Imaging
I just bought Publisher with Digital Imaging. I actually bought it for Publisher and just wanted to check out the bonus program that came with it. Wow! Digital Imaging is my favorite program now. You can do so many cool things with it. I also own Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro. Digital Imaging is, I think, better than both of them. Why is it not sold separately? The only suggestions I have for Digital Imaging, are that a background eraser be added as in Jasc Paint Shop Pro and templates with more frames and photo projects be made available on the microsoft website for download. Also, PLEA...

Hyperlinks when published
When I add hyperlinks to other docs or sites to my page, they work with "ctrl - click" in Publisher, but don't work in the preview or when published. The only links that do work are the ones that relate to an email address. Any ideas? Publisher 2003, IE7, XP. ...

XML -> PDF
Which is the easiest way to transform XML into PDF? Which tool/.Net library I should use? Zika Mustikla wrote: > Which is the easiest way to transform XML into PDF? Which tool/.Net library > I should use? It depends on what kind of typographic quality you want, and how much effort you want to put into getting it. The canonical answer is XSL:FO, using one of several FO processors (some free, some commercial). This has the advantage of using XML syntax, and thus "staying within the fold", but doing anything other than fairly trivial formatting means reinventing rather...

Publisher 2000 #12
How can I convert or update my Publisher 2000 to 2002 version Hi Jack D (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || How can I convert or update my Publisher 2000 to 2002 version http://www.microsoft.com/products/info/list.aspx?view=22&pcid=46c5310d-26ef-434a-a9fd-5419c61a71aa&type=ctg&sortcolumn=0&sort=0&page=3 The above link takes you to the latest version available for sale, Publisher 2003. If you want Publisher 2002, visit ebay.com as there are many up for auction. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Pu...

how do I format text as strikethrough in Publisher 2003?
I am copying over text from a WordPerfect document into Microsoft Publisher 2003. Text that has been formatted as "Strikethrough" in the WordPerfect document comes over as plain text with no strikethrough. I have even tried to just import the document which it looks like it does fairly well at, except that all text formatted as strikethrough is imported as plain text. I can possibly believe that Publisher does not have any way to format text in this way, but I have looked everywhere and cannot figure out how to format the text in this way. Can anyone help? You will have to ...

Problem while saving a shared excel'07 document
Hi, in my bussiness, we have a shared excel 2007 document. This document worked fine with Excel 2003, but now we're migrated to 2007, we've got all kind of problems.. When I try to save the document, 6 out of 10 times, the saving failed with an error that Excel could not track changes. You should close the document and try it again, but then you loose all you're changes. You can also turn 'Share Workbook' off, and on again, then you can save the file, but all the changes other people have made are gone... I can't find any solution, so maybe there's...

Insert with a where condition

Insert

Publisher Calendar Reverting changes
I've added new info to my Publisher Calendar and would like to change just the month and not my new information. Unfortunately, it reverts back to the old information every time... Requiring me to redo the text again. Any assistance is appreciated. thanks You could setup a merge if all the information is the same. You could copy the calendar, paste to a new publication, you can restore the color with color schemes. You will have to change the date range manually but your text will be retained. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msne...

how to insert data in a table

insert downloads into power point