Inserting a file from FTP

Hello i have a FTP server that host's files for my office to share.
>From one computer that has publisher 2000 on it has problems inserting
a file from the ftp into a publisher document. The error i recive from
that computer is that it has a problem linking a file that is not on
the computer or on the network.  The odd thing is that every other
computer in the building can connect to the FTP and insert images from
it. Also the computer can connect to the FTP through Internet Exlplorer
so connectivity isn't a problem. Any help on this would be great. Also
most the other computer's are running publisher 2003.

starmog wrote:
> Hello i have a FTP server that host's files for my office to share.
>>From one computer that has publisher 2000 on it has problems inserting
> a file from the ftp into a publisher document. ... every other
> computer in the building can connect to the FTP and insert images from
> it. ... Also most the other computer's are running publisher 2003.

Publisher 2003 has fewer problems with using non-local files than
Publisher 2000 did.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

There is no change to Print (from web format) in my file menu.
I am attempting to change a file from web format to print document format. Your help response is to click on "change to print" in the file menu. This option is not in my file menu. Can you help? ...

Opening xml file in excel
Hello, When a xml file is opened in excel, a dialog is displayed asking [to open with stylesheet or do not open with stylesheet]. When the file is opened in vb this dialog is not shown. How to open a xml file in vb applying the stylesheet. thanks Menon ...

change a word file back to a pdf file
i changed a pdf file in to a word file how can i change it back to a pdf file in microsoft outlook. Also i could not read the file in word Please Help You post Word, PDF question in Outlook group? "Ann" <Ann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A6AFC3C-2780-4182-BAFC-C07D3D9A7FF3@microsoft.com... >i changed a pdf file in to a word file how can i change it back to a pdf >file > in microsoft outlook. > > Also i could not read the file in word > Please Help Did you change it by simply renaming the file extension? -- Kathleen Orland - MVP...

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

Reading XML files on WebServer
Hi, I am wanting to read an XML file sitting on a server and am wondering if I will run into problems with firewalls and/or proxy servers using the following simple bit of code: XmlTextReader reader = new XmlTextReader ("http://www.myserver.com/myxmlfile.xml"); It works fine with my interent connection. If some of the users are behind a proxy server it may cause a problem. Especially authentication proxy server. If you concern about these circumstances I suggest creating a WebRequest object and set the correct credentials, proxy server and then get the WebResponse objec...

Insert trigger

reducing file size
In an excel file, I just deleted a picture. When saving the fil again, I noticed that the file size grew instead of being reduced. Does anyway know if excel "save" things you delete, and if so how can you permantly delete things to reduce file size? Your used range has probalby gotten messed up. Look for any sheet where the scroll bars take you well past the end of the data. Hitting Ctrl + End on these sheets will also take you out the the data range. Here is a link on fixing the used range. http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- HTH... Jim Thomlins...

XL 2000 Changes File Name for Save
When I save my Excel spreadsheet, Excel adds a 1 to the file name (file.xls becomes file1.xls). When I remove the 1 and save it, it responds with the overwrite message? It just started doing this several weeks ago and I can't figure out why. Anyone know what's going on? Are you sure that the additional 1 is added when you're doing the save? Could it have been added when you were opening the workbook? If you try it again, do you see: File1 (instead of File.xls) in the title bar? If yes, then it sounds like you've opened the file via a double click in windows explorer. And ...

inserting hrs and minutes

Read 3 txt input files and create an XL spreadsheet
I have 3 txt files that contain data and i want to generate a single spreadsheet. 1 Text file contains the data as below: USER = GARYG PU SU CL CR CG 2. Text file contains data as : GEN WINDOW_LIST GARYGWL EXCEPTION = N ,INSTALLATION_DATA = NONE =MA , CAN , MULTI , WA , SDR , ETEL ; 3. Text file contains data as: USERCODE "GARYG" DEFAULT_WINDOW = NONE ,WINDOW_LIST = GARYGWL ; The report i am looking should be like this: USER ...

Reducing File Size???
I have the same file performing the exactly the same thing but one is double the other. It appears to me that the more I work with the worksheet the bigger the size of the file. how can I remove this redundant memory space? Cheers Jio, You probably have formatted or otherwise used some rows below or columns to the right of your data. On the bloated workbook, select the sheets individually and press Ctrl + End. If the last row and column is well below where you think it should be, you'll need to delete the empty rows and columns. Check here for an example of how to do this both manua...

Insert with a where condition

What can i use to read the transaction log files?
If I open the e00XXXXX.log files using notepad they are encrypted is some way. Is there a tool I can use to be able to read the log file? No, and I would recommend you don't open them in anything, what exactly are you looking for? -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "llewell" <llewell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E75FC280-0F6D-4183-977C-1D6157E5C27F@microsoft.com... > If I open the e00XXXXX.log files using notepad they are encrypted is some > way. Is there a tool I can use to be able to read ...

Can't create html file from pub file
I don't have Frontpage and I used Publisher for doing web page. Now I can't acess to some funcions, in the wb, because I have made a ".pub" file instead a ".html" file! What can I do??? Run Publisher, open your file and do, File Save as a Web page This will create the html files and the gif files. Upload all the files except the .pub file. And don't do what I did on my first web page project, deleted the pub file. You will need it to make changes with your web page. You open the pub file, make changes, save as a web page and upload the new files. Don ...

Insert

Max size of OST files
Hi all, I'm making this post on behalf of a friend. They have a single Exchange2000 server. Not sure if it's SBS or Exchange2000 Std. There are approx 20 mailboxes on this server. The users all use Outlook 2003 (SP3) as their mail client and Outlook's account type is Exchange and not POP3 or IMAP. One of the users mailboxes is approx 6Gb in size. What they would like to do is use offline mode to create a .ost file of this persons mailbox for his laptop however the file limit on ost files appears to be 2Gb. We did find a MS k/b article that explained how to create the requi...

how to insert data in a table

In Excel: If I know a file has 147,000 records, but Excel will on.
In Excel: If I know a file has 147,000 records, but Excel will only load 65,000, how do I get to the rest of the file? MVP Chip Pearson's website has some code that may help you out: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.htm HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >In Excel: If I know a file has 147,000 records, but Excel will only load >65,000, how do I get to the rest of the file? >. > > attached a VBS script that I wrote to do that. Was unable to save it, Jim .. Could you paste it in the message itself ? Thanks -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22...

double picture files
How can I find double picture files in MS Office picture database ? ...

insert downloads into power point

How to combine Excel 2002 files and remove duplicate records?
I’ve recently took over a task at my job of managing some Excel files. I am using Excel 2002. There are several Excel files that need to be combined into one file however, if I do this, I will have some duplicate records that I will have to delete. The only way I know how to do this is to copy and paste and then look for duplicate records manually and delete them as I find them. Is there an easier way to do this? Thank you for you support and help. Yes, there is. I would use VBA to do that job, but I need more info. When you say there are duplicate records, exactly what is duplicated? ...