Inserted Picture Position

Hi

I am trying to create a catalogue using pictures and images. The images will
be all different sizes, but I would like them to all be centred in the
'insert as photo' field box that I have. Is there a way to do this? Hope this
makes sense, any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Andi
0
Andi1 (23)

Are you using the catalogue merge? What version Publisher?

Help here
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH062524751033.aspx

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Andi" <Andi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I am trying to create a catalogue using pictures and images. The images will
> be all different sizes, but I would like them to all be centred in the
> 'insert as photo' field box that I have. Is there a way to do this? Hope this
> makes sense, any help would be appreciated.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Andi

0
mary-sauer (6480)
9/28/2007 11:48:30 AM
Hi Mary

Thanks for your reply. I am using 2003 version.

I have worked out how to use the catalog merge and can get the pictures to
load into the catalogue no problem. However because the pictures are
different sizes/shapes I have created a large box for them to display in.
What I would like to ensure is that the images are centred in the box no
matter how big or small or orientation they are. Is it possible to set it so
that all merged images will appear centered in the box on each page?

Many thanks

Andi

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Are you using the catalogue merge? What version Publisher?
>
> Help here
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH062524751033.aspx
>

> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Andi" <Andi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > I am trying to create a catalogue using pictures and images. The images will
> > be all different sizes, but I would like them to all be centred in the
> > 'insert as photo' field box that I have. Is there a way to do this? Hope this
> > makes sense, any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > Many thanks
> >
> > Andi

0
Andi1 (23)
10/1/2007 1:23:00 PM
Andi, Whatever size you decide for your first picture will determine the rest.
The aspect will be correct unless you change it in the picture format.
I reckon if you have a lot of pictures, in step 5 create a new publication and
manually insert the pictures.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Hi Mary
>
> Thanks for your reply. I am using 2003 version.
>
> I have worked out how to use the catalog merge and can get the pictures to
> load into the catalogue no problem. However because the pictures are
> different sizes/shapes I have created a large box for them to display in.
> What I would like to ensure is that the images are centred in the box no
> matter how big or small or orientation they are. Is it possible to set it so
> that all merged images will appear centered in the box on each page?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Andi
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Are you using the catalogue merge? What version Publisher?
>>
>> Help here
>> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH062524751033.aspx
>>

>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Andi" <Andi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > I am trying to create a catalogue using pictures and images. The images
>> > will
>> > be all different sizes, but I would like them to all be centred in the
>> > 'insert as photo' field box that I have. Is there a way to do this? Hope
>> > this
>> > makes sense, any help would be appreciated.
>> >
>> > Many thanks
>> >
>> > Andi

0
mary-sauer (6480)
10/1/2007 2:35:53 PM
Hi Mary

I have created a big square box, but when the catalogue is created the
pictures which are portrait are justified to the left of the box and the
landscape ones are justified to the top. Ideally I would not like to go
through and insert the pictures manually as the whole point of the catalogue
is do things automatically. It seems strange that the images cannot be set to
display in the centre?

Thanks for your reply though.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Andi, Whatever size you decide for your first picture will determine the rest.
> The aspect will be correct unless you change it in the picture format.
> I reckon if you have a lot of pictures, in step 5 create a new publication and
> manually insert the pictures.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Andi" <Andi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Mary
> >
> > Thanks for your reply. I am using 2003 version.
> >
> > I have worked out how to use the catalog merge and can get the pictures to
> > load into the catalogue no problem. However because the pictures are
> > different sizes/shapes I have created a large box for them to display in.
> > What I would like to ensure is that the images are centred in the box no
> > matter how big or small or orientation they are. Is it possible to set it so
> > that all merged images will appear centered in the box on each page?
> >
> > Many thanks
> >
> > Andi
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> Are you using the catalogue merge? What version Publisher?
> >>
> >> Help here
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH062524751033.aspx
> >>

> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "Andi" <Andi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Andi1 (23)
10/1/2007 4:04:04 PM
Hi

Sorry just to let you know I've worked out how to do it.

I created a 1x1 table and then inserted the photo field into that. I then
centered the photo filed inside the table and so now the photos are all
centered within the table irrespective of the size/orientation.

Thanks for your replies though!

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Andi, Whatever size you decide for your first picture will determine the rest.
> The aspect will be correct unless you change it in the picture format.
> I reckon if you have a lot of pictures, in step 5 create a new publication and
> manually insert the pictures.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Andi" <Andi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Mary
> >
> > Thanks for your reply. I am using 2003 version.
> >
> > I have worked out how to use the catalog merge and can get the pictures to
> > load into the catalogue no problem. However because the pictures are
> > different sizes/shapes I have created a large box for them to display in.
> > What I would like to ensure is that the images are centred in the box no
> > matter how big or small or orientation they are. Is it possible to set it so
> > that all merged images will appear centered in the box on each page?
> >
> > Many thanks
> >
> > Andi
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> Are you using the catalogue merge? What version Publisher?
> >>
> >> Help here
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH062524751033.aspx
> >>

> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "Andi" <Andi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Andi1 (23)

format cell to show zero if not a positive number
How can I format a column of figures to show that if the result is zero or negative amount it will just show a zero or be left blank. I am attempting to show the difference between figures that have been invoiced to figures that have been added and thus need to be invoiced. Use a custom format like #,##0.00_);; or #,##0.00_);"0";"0" HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "TechnoGram" <mumzee3@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4183a06c-5eb1-4699-9efd-fd8a4bdd4e07@d62g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > How can I format a column of figures to show that if the result i...

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

Insert trigger

inserting hrs and minutes

Change position of Navigation Buttons?
Is it possible to change the position of the inbuilt navigation buttons? (And if so, how??) Or can they only be displayed in the bottom left of a form? Many thanks CW On Sun, 3 Feb 2008 10:30:00 -0800, CW wrote: > Is it possible to change the position of the inbuilt navigation buttons? (And > if so, how??) Or can they only be displayed in the bottom left of a form? > Many thanks > CW As far as I know they can only be displayed at the lower left corner of the form. However, you can set the form's Navigation Button property to no, and then add your own command buttons to the...

Insert with a where condition

Saving pictures as trasparent
Hello! Having problems when I'm having two pictures in my file. The first one is a background, and the second one should be transparent. How do I do that? Thanks -- - Lars I would suggest the version of Publisher you are using does not support transparency. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Guantanamo Bay. We have the 2003 version of publisher. Should the picture be created transparent before pub? -- - Lars "���MS�Publisher���" <donotknock@nobodyhome.com> wrote i...

Insert

Quick way to change negative #s to positive
Alot of times at work I need to take a column of numbers and change them to either postive or negative numbers. I would like to be able to select the cells I want then click a button to change the signs of all the cells I selected. Is there such a button, like a +/- button?? If not is the fastest way to do this I can find is to select the cells, hit ctrl H and replace the - with blank. I'm not sure if you want to reverse the sign of each number, or simply convert all numbers to say, positive, even if some already are positive. This gives you 3 options: Sub ChangeSign() Dim ...

Picture in Outlook
I just tried to put an Enhanced Metafile picture into and outlook message and when it was received, the picture had changed to a bitmap. Can someone explain why this happens and what needs to be done to ensure it doesn't happen again? Thanks ...

how to insert data in a table

double picture files
How can I find double picture files in MS Office picture database ? ...

insert downloads into power point

Insert dataset to another database

Insert a blank row

How do I insert a letter into an existing word document?
I am working on a large document that I need to add several letters that are on our letterhead. If I cut and paste the letter, the letterhead header becomes skewed. This is just one issue I'm having with the document! Also need to know how to merge 3 separate documents together once I insert the letters that I need! Help! What do you mean by "skewed"? To preserve the data from the header of the document, you will need to insert it into a Section of its own separated from the rest of the document by Next page Section breaks before and after it with the headers...

How do I insert backround into my picture inserts?
Could you please elaborate on your question, and give us details such as your version of Publisher. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "TAMOS" <TAMOS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1B3ABEC-F208-4A23-B695-9C0EEFBF649F@microsoft.com... > How to Compose a Good Newsgroup Post http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm How to Act Smart on Usenet http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html Getting Your Post Noticed - and Answered http:...

Inserting images into excel conditionally
I have a large product price list (1200 items) with one column for quantity. I would like excel to import the appropriate image for a product once the condition entered is that quantity is > 0. Is this possible? If so then please help. Thanks Pav One way http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html can be adapted to your situation -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Pav" <Pav@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37DC7373-14E6-4F11-9136-71DC3AD93CC2@microsoft.com... > I have a large product price list (1200 items) with one column for quantity. > I would l...

How to create a member picture ID with text on both sides.
I would like to know if anyone here knows how to go about creating a picture ID, but also include text on the reverse side. I have heard you can create many projects with Publisher or Word. I succeeded this with MGI Photosuite3, the "Fun IDs" project but it does not print on the reverse side. You can email me to JP-Graphics@juno.com Do you have a duplex printer? Otherwise create a two page publication, print the first page (current page) turn it over and print again. Keep in mind if "Bob's" picture is on the left side of the card sheet on the front, "Bob...

How do I insert a reference to lookup and insert a name
How do I insert a reference code in one column which will then look up a reference table and then insert the name in the next column. eg if I type the letter b in column 1 then the word 'bank' will appear in column 2. If I type the letter i in column 1 then the word 'insurance' will appear in column 2 etc etc look at VLOOKUP in Help. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Jan K" <Jan K@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6CDAC92-DB48-49A7-803F-BF494F5221AB@microsoft.com... > How do I insert a reference code in one column which will then look up a > r...

Positioning a form on the screen
I would like to be able to position a form on the screen when the Access Window is minimized. I'm using the apiShowWindow to minimize the Access Window and the form has to be set to popup. You can't use DoCmd.MoveSize whent he Access window is minimized, right? Thanks sure was hoping that an expert would be able to answer this... anyone know how to position a popup form on the screen?? -- not in the Access window. "Simon" <Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B776F462-402E-4238-BA9B-5999F5512F71@microsoft.com... > sure was hoping th...