Insert .psd in Publisher 2003

I'm trying to insert a logo that is a .psd into Publisher.  When I hit
insert, it asks me what I'm trying to convert from.  What do I do?  Is it
possible to insert a photoshop file, or do I need to convert it first?
0
Brenda1 (81)

You'll need to change the format of the Photoshop file before you insert it
in your document.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"brenda" <brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to insert a logo that is a .psd into Publisher.  When I hit
> insert, it asks me what I'm trying to convert from.  What do I do?  Is it
> possible to insert a photoshop file, or do I need to convert it first?

0
jl_paules (2767)
7/9/2007 2:36:37 PM
Can you tell me what format I can use?

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

> You'll need to change the format of the Photoshop file before you insert it
> in your document.
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>
> ~~~~~
> How to ask a question
> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>

> "brenda" <brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm trying to insert a logo that is a .psd into Publisher.  When I hit
> > insert, it asks me what I'm trying to convert from.  What do I do?  Is it
> > possible to insert a photoshop file, or do I need to convert it first?

0
Brenda1 (81)
7/9/2007 2:48:01 PM
..jpg, .gif, .png, .bmp, etc
Take your pick.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

> Can you tell me what format I can use?
>
> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>
>> You'll need to change the format of the Photoshop file before you insert
>> it
>> in your document.
>>
>> --
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>
>> ~~~~~
>> How to ask a question
>> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>>

>> "brenda" <brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I'm trying to insert a logo that is a .psd into Publisher.  When I hit
>> > insert, it asks me what I'm trying to convert from.  What do I do?  Is
>> > it
>> > possible to insert a photoshop file, or do I need to convert it first?

0
jl_paules (2767)
7/9/2007 2:56:18 PM
Thank you JoAnn and have a great Monday!!

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

> ..jpg, .gif, .png, .bmp, etc
> Take your pick.
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>
> ~~~~~
> How to ask a question
> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>

> "brenda" <brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Can you tell me what format I can use?
> >
> > "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
> >
> >> You'll need to change the format of the Photoshop file before you insert
> >> it
> >> in your document.
> >>
> >> --
> >> JoAnn Paules
> >> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> >>
> >> ~~~~~
> >> How to ask a question
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
> >>

> >> "brenda" <brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Brenda1 (81)
7/9/2007 3:02:02 PM
Great and Monday? Those two words rarely ever belong in the same sentence.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

> Thank you JoAnn and have a great Monday!!
>
> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>
>> ..jpg, .gif, .png, .bmp, etc
>> Take your pick.
>>
>> --
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>
>> ~~~~~
>> How to ask a question
>> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>>

>> "brenda" <brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Can you tell me what format I can use?

0
jl_paules (2767)
7/9/2007 3:31:22 PM
brenda <brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Can you tell me what format I can use?

She answered you.  In the future, remember that the PSD format is ONLY
usable by Photoshop.
0
unclegrumpy (297)
7/10/2007 2:47:47 AM
Uncle Grumpy wrote:
> In the future, remember that the PSD format
> is ONLY usable by Photoshop.
====================================
There are other apps that can open .psd files.

Three examples are: IrfanView, MS Picture It!
and MS Digital Image.

--

       John Inzer
    MS Picture It! -

      Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie (2069)
7/10/2007 5:15:58 AM
"John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.xyz> wrote:

>Uncle Grumpy wrote:
>> In the future, remember that the PSD format
>> is ONLY usable by Photoshop.
>====================================
>There are other apps that can open .psd files.
>
>Three examples are: IrfanView, MS Picture It!
>and MS Digital Image.

COOL.
0
unclegrumpy (297)
7/10/2007 7:00:19 AM
John Inzer wrote:
> There are other apps that can open .psd files.
>
> Three examples are: IrfanView, MS Picture It!
> and MS Digital Image.

....although in my (somewhat limited) experience, the only application
that will open a (non-trivial) PSD file exactly as it was created is
Photoshop.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

PagePlusX2 now supports psd files.

Mike

Ed Bennett wrote:

> John Inzer wrote:
>
>> There are other apps that can open .psd files.
>>
>> Three examples are: IrfanView, MS Picture It!
>> and MS Digital Image.
>

> ...although in my (somewhat limited) experience, the only application
> that will open a (non-trivial) PSD file exactly as it was created is
> Photoshop.

0
wordwiz (948)
7/10/2007 6:43:52 PM
Corel Photo-Paint supports .psd files too.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Mike Koewler" <wordwiz@fuse.net> wrote in message
> Ed,
>
> PagePlusX2 now supports psd files.
>
> Mike
>
> Ed Bennett wrote:
>
>> John Inzer wrote:
>>
>>> There are other apps that can open .psd files.
>>>
>>> Three examples are: IrfanView, MS Picture It!
>>> and MS Digital Image.
>>

>> ...although in my (somewhat limited) experience, the only application that
>> will open a (non-trivial) PSD file exactly as it was created is Photoshop.

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Outlook 2003 Navigation Pane
Whenever I switch to Outlook Today, the Mail bar appears in the Navigation Pane. (Evidently this is the default) How do I change this, to, say, the Shortcut Bar? In other words, I want the Shortcut Bar displayed whenever I display the Outlook Today window. ...

Mail merge with Excel in Publisher 200
Whenever I open a merged document in Publisher with I merged with an Excel spreadsheet, I must re-establish my link with the spreadsheet (including any filters I originally set)--quite annoying. This is has not always been the case; I have some connections which have stayed connected. These could possibly be ones I did in an earlier version of Publisher. Is this a problem with just Publisher 2000 or is there a way to permanently connect my publisher document with my Excel spreadsheet? Thanks much! ...

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

publisher 2000 #11
this goes out to the ones who said that publisher 2000 had nothing wrong with it and the HP's lj 4500 had a problem and that tech support basically sucked for saying that the problem was in the publisher 2000. the problem was in the 2000 and that some printer will not work with publisher, so be sure to ask that question. once i load 2002, the problem was gone and the printer works like a champ. i guess i am obviously incredibly gullible and that HP lied through their teeth. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from brent <anonymous@discussi...

Insert trigger

Outlook 2003 & Act 6
Does anyone have any info on the popup message (a program is trying to access email messages....) from Outlook 2003 when using it with Act 6? I want to utilize Outlook 2003 but cannot roll it out while having this annoying popup issue. dj It's the security feature added to Outlook 2000 post SP1. Your best bet is contact ACT and see if they have a fix for it, since it needs fixed from the accessing program's side unless you use Exchange server. For more information on the security features, see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Autho...

inserting hrs and minutes

OWA 2003 Front End logout error
Only on my OWA 2003 front end server do I get this error: If you click the Logout button in OWA I get the login box again. If you click cancel it gives you a blank page with the error "Access is denied, but if you use the Back button in your browser you are still logged in. All three of me Exchange servers are 2003 on Windows 2003. If I logon to OWA directly to non-Front End servers the logout button works correctly. It's only on my front end server and happens using both http or https. Thanks for any advice. Make sure that on that FE server, you have anonymous set on the Exch...

Publisher Not Responding
I installed MS Office Small Business. Excel and Publisher are locking up as soon as I try to do anything. When I CRTL ALT DEL the programs are "not responding." Is there a file that could be missing. I remember something about a kernel file from MS Office 98. I would apppreciate your help. Thanks. Have you installed the service packs? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displaylang=en -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm "Steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Exch 2003 Crashes
(Long post, please bear with me and read it all.) I've been working with MS PSS for about 15 hours so far on this and they're unable to help. I've been talking to both the Exchange and IIS groups. Nothing found here on the NG or Google, so I thought I'd post fresh. PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN!!! I have a Win2003 (standard) DC with Exch 2003 (standard) on it. It also has Veritas BackupExec 9.0, Sybari Antigen 7.5, and Symantec NAV Corporate 8.1. NAV is only scanning the web directory - not the Exchange directories. This machine is a new Dell PowerEdge 2650 with 3 drives in RAID...

Outlook 2003 #175
Signatures keep dissappering. Can you help? Not without a LOT more information. Disappearing from where? What are you doing when you expect to find them? Are you using Word as the message editor? Did you set a default signature in Word? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Pauly asked: | Signatures keep dissappering. Can you help? After setting up ...

How to print a greet. card from Publisher on a 2-side card stock?
Publisher has a pre-set printing option for greeting cards to print on an A-4 paper. How can I change it so it sould print on a regular two-sided card stock size 5.5"x 8.5"? Thanks Booklet setup on letter size stock. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "CLX" <CLX@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B45E658D-EB23-4365-A82E-33CA1D71EC9B@microsoft.com... > Publisher has a pre-set printing option for greeting cards to print on an A-4 > paper. How can I change it so it sould print...

Publisher w/ Digital Imaging
I just bought Publisher with Digital Imaging. I actually bought it for Publisher and just wanted to check out the bonus program that came with it. Wow! Digital Imaging is my favorite program now. You can do so many cool things with it. I also own Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro. Digital Imaging is, I think, better than both of them. Why is it not sold separately? The only suggestions I have for Digital Imaging, are that a background eraser be added as in Jasc Paint Shop Pro and templates with more frames and photo projects be made available on the microsoft website for download. Also, PLEA...

Installing Office 2003 is a mess
I purchased Office 2003 on disk and I installed it on my old XP machine. When I used the same disk to install Office 2003 on my new Vista machine, I was taken by surprise when I was asked if I wanted Office 2007. I said yes, thinking that it was a free update for Vista. Now I have the following 3 problems, of which I have solved only the first one: 1. When I open a Word file by double-clicking in Explorer, the file opens under Office 2007 and asks if I want to install it, which I do not. I solved this problem by first opening Word 2003 with the icon on the desktop and now ...

Hyperlinks when published
When I add hyperlinks to other docs or sites to my page, they work with "ctrl - click" in Publisher, but don't work in the preview or when published. The only links that do work are the ones that relate to an email address. Any ideas? Publisher 2003, IE7, XP. ...

Outlook 2003
Hello there, I am trying to send e-mail from Outlook 2003 using Act 6. That is no problem: the problem is my old sent messages. Is it possible to see those in Outlook 2003? I want to keep using ACT as an address database. Thanks in advance, Toon Schilder "gautama" <toonschilder@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1132576277.676676.289060@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hello there, > > I am trying to send e-mail from Outlook 2003 using Act 6. That is no > problem: the problem is my old sent messages. Is it possible to see > those in Outlook 2003? > >...

Publisher 2000 #12
How can I convert or update my Publisher 2000 to 2002 version Hi Jack D (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || How can I convert or update my Publisher 2000 to 2002 version http://www.microsoft.com/products/info/list.aspx?view=22&pcid=46c5310d-26ef-434a-a9fd-5419c61a71aa&type=ctg&sortcolumn=0&sort=0&page=3 The above link takes you to the latest version available for sale, Publisher 2003. If you want Publisher 2002, visit ebay.com as there are many up for auction. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Pu...

Insert with a where condition

unable to see messages in outlook 2003
after setting up outlook on vista machine i am unable to see messages in inbox or any of the personal folders, despite successful download from mail server. have also checked filters. i had plenty of issues during setting up outlook with 2007 version & with setting up mail data folders, but it finally worked. any assistance will be appreciated. -- mahim http://forums.slipstick.com "mahim" <mahim.45jx5y@invalid> wrote in message news:mahim.45jx5y@invalid... > after setting up outlook on vista machine i am unable to see messages in > inbox o...

Imail to Outlook 2003
Hi all: I have an Imail server which I'm taking offline, I can see folders on the Imail system but I can't seem to get them off so I can put it on Outlook. For example: uder Inbox there are folders, but they don't download to Outlook when I'm running in either Pop3 mode of IMAP I have tried posting with iMail, but they are useless!!! That's why I'm taking it offline and going to Exchange (eventually) Thanks, Bob J ...

how do I format text as strikethrough in Publisher 2003?
I am copying over text from a WordPerfect document into Microsoft Publisher 2003. Text that has been formatted as "Strikethrough" in the WordPerfect document comes over as plain text with no strikethrough. I have even tried to just import the document which it looks like it does fairly well at, except that all text formatted as strikethrough is imported as plain text. I can possibly believe that Publisher does not have any way to format text in this way, but I have looked everywhere and cannot figure out how to format the text in this way. Can anyone help? You will have to ...

Outlook 2003 / Contacts / Flags
Hi! Can anyone help on this one..... I wish to flag over 100 contacts with a follow-up flag. I have listed the relevant contacts through using a filtered view and I had hoped that I could select all the filtered contacts and then flag them.... but apparently not. I have the following observations: 1. My customised toolbar looses the flags in Contact view and I cannot add them to my toolbar. 2. The follow-up flag under Actions is greyed out, but I can use it on a single contact at a time, but it wants me to go through the rigmarole of setting end dates etc,.... (far too long-winded) 3....