Insert page in Link Sequence

I am using Publisher 2000 on a Windows 2000 machine. I have a document that is linked all throughout it. My problem is that I'd like to add a page in the middle of the document and have the linking remain (with the new page linked as well). There does not seem to be any easy way to get this done... or is there

Cheers!
0
anonymous (74717)

Pall what type of 'links' are these?
We are talking here about a paper publication - we are yes?
--

"If you don't know where you are going,
any road will take you there!"

0
donotknock (1942)
4/30/2004 1:59:49 AM
Text Field link... where the overflow of one text field automatically goes into the other field.
0
anonymous (74717)
4/30/2004 4:41:05 AM
A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Pall
<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"...
> I am using Publisher 2000 on a Windows 2000 machine. I have a
> document that is linked all throughout it. My problem is that I'd
> like to add a page in the middle of the document and have the linking
> remain (with the new page linked as well).

Go the page before the space where you will be inserting the page.
Disconnect the link on last text box on that page.
Now go to Insert > Page, create your objects, etc.
Now link up the text boxes (you should only need to create two links)

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6344)
4/30/2004 6:24:11 AM
The linking will remain if you insert a page.

Inserting pages does not break the linking in any way and never has done.

--

"If you don't know where you are going,
any road will take you there!"

0
donotknock (1942)
4/30/2004 4:50:31 PM
Pall you have something seriously wrong if the linking between frames is
broken when you insert a page.  To my knowledge there is no known issue of
what you describe happening.

--

"If you don't know where you are going,
any road will take you there!"

0
donotknock (1942)

Linking a Column List to a Row List #2
Thanks for the help, it worked perfectly -- Mo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Moe's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1250 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27428 ...

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

Subclassing in property pages
I have tree-like combo box subclassed in my property page (derived from CPropertyPage). It works fine until I drop list and move property sheet, then drop down list stays at the same place whilst rest of dialog (property sheet) was moved. I guess that this is something with ownership but how to fix it. This is how I subclass combo: BOOL ParentSettings::OnInitDialog() { CPropertyPage::OnInitDialog(); ctlComboTree.SubclassDlgItem(IDC_PARENTS, this); return (TRUE); } ParentSettings class is derived from CPropertyPage. I created dialog associated with property pade using resource ...

Insert trigger

How do I format publication design after page 18?
After I hit page 18 I could no longer format the publication design onto the page. Thought it might be considered the back cover but I even tried inserting pages and it still happened. Any suggestions? What formatting are you using? Text? When you setup your project did you use a wizard? What version of Publisher are you using? Have you tried, insert page, duplicate all objects on page XX? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "gw" <gw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91BA1FA9-6AA2-44C7-81D...

Editing views on the activites page
I have stumbled upon the ability to edit views for activities by using the viewmanger.aspx page and changing the object type code to the code for activities (134). I have made these changes and have published them using deployment manager in a test environment, and they seem to be working great. The question I have is why did Microsoft hide these pages. It is possible to edit other objects (leads, opportunities, accounts, ect.) by just using the standard interface. It seems like the may not be showing these pages for a reason, but I have no idea why. If anyone has any input on this i...

inserting hrs and minutes

can't execute remote proc linked servers....MSDTC error?
Error: The adapter "SQL" raised an error message. Details "HRESULT="0x80040e14" Description="The operation could not be performed because OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI" for linked server "xxxx" was unable to begin a distributed transaction." HRESULT="0x80040e14" Description="OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI" for linked server "xxxx" returned message "No transaction is active."." Here's a snippet of code similar to what I have on Server1 (note the "exec" command which runs a pr...

Link subform with main form
I am trying to create a Exception Tracking form in Access. I have created a sub form in Main form. Let me first explain what is in sub form. Sub form has all the main fields to track the exception. It is in datasheet view. ExceptionID, Type,CustID, UserID, LastUpdated, Comments, DeptID,etc.. In Main form : It has two combox : ExceptionID (Form ExceptionID table), DeptID (From Department table) Also it has few buttons : Save, Exit, ViewInfo, Find Now what I want to do that I want to link these two forms such that When I select ExceptionID and DeptID from drop down combo box ...

Change page orientation to suit selection
I have a macro to quickly print the selection. In order to get the maximum sized print, I would like to change page orientation to maximise it. Is there any way to find the size of the selection so I can get the height / width ratio? You might not have ever noticed, but the row height and column width in Excel are not measured to the same standard. Don't ask me why, because I don't know other than two different people came up with the idea of how to measure them. The standard row height is 12.75 and the standard column width is 8.43, yet when you look at the wo...

Should be able to view the 2nd page in Journal Viewer
You should be able to view the second page of a receipt in Jounal Viewer. The only way now that you can see the second page is to reprint the receipt. Reprinting is not efficient. RMS Store Operations Manager Version 1.3.1004. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the mess...

Why does Invoices take two pages when only half the first page is
Its annoying that I have to send multiple pages, 2 & sometimes even 3 pages when there is enough space on the first page to fit everything!!! Does anyone know how to remedy this? Or is switching to another accounting software the only answer? =?Utf-8?B?ZGlhbGtpbmc=?= <dialking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 28 Mar 2008 in group microsoft.public.money: > Its annoying that I have to send multiple pages, 2 & sometimes even 3 > pages when there is enough space on the first page to fit > everything!!! > > Does anyone know how to remedy this? Or is swit...

Insert with a where condition

Linking Report into CRM 3
Hi, I'm using CRM3, SQL Server 2005 and VS 2005. I have created a Report Project in VS2005. I have one shared data source, and 5 reports. Actually, I have 1 report containing 4 sub reports. My main report use a parameter (the ticket number) and each subreports use it too. Everything works very well in VS2005. I push everything onto my report server. And here begin my questions... :) Onto my SQL Report Server, VS2005 has created a folder with all items. Question 1 : Is it possible to say in VS2005 to push everything into the report folder of crm? I have moved all my items into the C...

Page Orientation
Is it possible to set the page orientation (portrait or landscape) for individual pages? If so, then how? Whenever I set the page orientation, it is applied to all pages in the document. I'd like for some to be portrait and some landscape. Thanks! On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 13:51:13 -0700, "Smithers" <A@B.COM> wrote: >Is it possible to set the page orientation (portrait or landscape) for >individual pages? If so, then how? > >Whenever I set the page orientation, it is applied to all pages in the >document. I'd like for some to be portrait and some lan...

Insert

embed x.s sheet to HTmL page
Hi, I have a file called Bonds.xls located on my C drive in a flode called Support. I want to insert this file to a HTML pae. I trie embed, object and everything I could find but i cant get it to insert I am using office and OS wkin200. Can anybody give me some help? I dont know if I am using tags wrong o just wrong tags. thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Have you tried saving the worksheet in html format? You can incorporate this html code into the web page. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ ...

60 page file, in magazine format, pages are reversing.
Hey I created a mock up magazine, and there are about 60 pages. When I converted it to PDF, it turned in 30 pages, and in those 30 pages they doubled two pages into ONE page and THOSE pages were from complete opposite ends of the magazine. I want to read from start to finish like a magazine, 1, 2-3, 4-5, and so on and so fourth and the last page would be 60. This is kind of important, so if you could help me in any way I'd appreciate it. Sounds like you created your project in booklet form. If you print out the file it will assemble in the correct order. -- ...

how to insert data in a table

Print Chart in New Sheet on Two Pages
Is there a way to print a chart on more than one page if it is a "new sheet" as opposed to an object in a worksheet? I noticed that Page Break Preview is disabled in this case. Thanks ...

insert downloads into power point