Insert eps image into Publisher 2003

Client created eps images in Illustrator. Said they have TIFF preview
available. When the images are inserted into Publisher, they only appear as
blank box. Rendered the document as a PDF and we can see the image but she
needs to see the image in Publisher in order to modify, resize, etc. When
inserting it, we get the converter window, but she needs it to stay in eps
format in Publisher. Are there any settings in Publisher to change to allow
the eps image to display in the Publisher document?
--
maryj
0

Are you using a post script printer?

Pieces of an EPS graphic may appear to be missing on the preview screen in
Publisher 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827303/en-us

PUB: Importing and Printing an .EPS Graphic
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/92485/en-us

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"maryj" <maryj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Client created eps images in Illustrator. Said they have TIFF preview
> available. When the images are inserted into Publisher, they only appear as
> blank box. Rendered the document as a PDF and we can see the image but she
> needs to see the image in Publisher in order to modify, resize, etc. When
> inserting it, we get the converter window, but she needs it to stay in eps
> format in Publisher. Are there any settings in Publisher to change to allow
> the eps image to display in the Publisher document?
> --
> maryj

0
mary-sauer (6480)

publisher 2000 #11
this goes out to the ones who said that publisher 2000 had nothing wrong with it and the HP's lj 4500 had a problem and that tech support basically sucked for saying that the problem was in the publisher 2000. the problem was in the 2000 and that some printer will not work with publisher, so be sure to ask that question. once i load 2002, the problem was gone and the printer works like a champ. i guess i am obviously incredibly gullible and that HP lied through their teeth. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from brent <anonymous@discussi...

Insert trigger

images
How can I get attached images to display in the body of the email message instead of just as attachments? Outlook can only display images "inline" if the sender used HTML or Rich Text format for the message and embedded the image into the body. If the image was sent as an attachment, you will always receive it as an attachment. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:054101c3a0d1$84dcae90$a301280a@phx.gbl, innkeepers@churchtowninn.com...

Mail merge with Excel in Publisher 200
Whenever I open a merged document in Publisher with I merged with an Excel spreadsheet, I must re-establish my link with the spreadsheet (including any filters I originally set)--quite annoying. This is has not always been the case; I have some connections which have stayed connected. These could possibly be ones I did in an earlier version of Publisher. Is this a problem with just Publisher 2000 or is there a way to permanently connect my publisher document with my Excel spreadsheet? Thanks much! ...

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

Outlook 2003 Navigation Pane
Whenever I switch to Outlook Today, the Mail bar appears in the Navigation Pane. (Evidently this is the default) How do I change this, to, say, the Shortcut Bar? In other words, I want the Shortcut Bar displayed whenever I display the Outlook Today window. ...

Publisher w/ digital imaging incl'd in prof office?
I apoligize for submitting this question here but can't find the answer on microsoft anywhere. I want to upgrade to Professional office and I use publisher all the time and am wondering if the Publisher 2003 w/ digital imaging comes in that suite. I am trying to decide what office to buy and that will make a huge impact on my decision. Thanks charles wrote: > I apoligize for submitting this question here but can't > find the answer on microsoft anywhere. > > I want to upgrade to Professional office and I use > publisher all the time and am wondering if the Publ...

Outlook 2003 & Act 6
Does anyone have any info on the popup message (a program is trying to access email messages....) from Outlook 2003 when using it with Act 6? I want to utilize Outlook 2003 but cannot roll it out while having this annoying popup issue. dj It's the security feature added to Outlook 2000 post SP1. Your best bet is contact ACT and see if they have a fix for it, since it needs fixed from the accessing program's side unless you use Exchange server. For more information on the security features, see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Autho...

inserting hrs and minutes

OWA 2003 Front End logout error
Only on my OWA 2003 front end server do I get this error: If you click the Logout button in OWA I get the login box again. If you click cancel it gives you a blank page with the error "Access is denied, but if you use the Back button in your browser you are still logged in. All three of me Exchange servers are 2003 on Windows 2003. If I logon to OWA directly to non-Front End servers the logout button works correctly. It's only on my front end server and happens using both http or https. Thanks for any advice. Make sure that on that FE server, you have anonymous set on the Exch...

Publisher Not Responding
I installed MS Office Small Business. Excel and Publisher are locking up as soon as I try to do anything. When I CRTL ALT DEL the programs are "not responding." Is there a file that could be missing. I remember something about a kernel file from MS Office 98. I would apppreciate your help. Thanks. Have you installed the service packs? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displaylang=en -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm "Steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Outlook 2003 #175
Signatures keep dissappering. Can you help? Not without a LOT more information. Disappearing from where? What are you doing when you expect to find them? Are you using Word as the message editor? Did you set a default signature in Word? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Pauly asked: | Signatures keep dissappering. Can you help? After setting up ...

How to print a greet. card from Publisher on a 2-side card stock?
Publisher has a pre-set printing option for greeting cards to print on an A-4 paper. How can I change it so it sould print on a regular two-sided card stock size 5.5"x 8.5"? Thanks Booklet setup on letter size stock. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "CLX" <CLX@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B45E658D-EB23-4365-A82E-33CA1D71EC9B@microsoft.com... > Publisher has a pre-set printing option for greeting cards to print on an A-4 > paper. How can I change it so it sould print...

Exch 2003 Crashes
(Long post, please bear with me and read it all.) I've been working with MS PSS for about 15 hours so far on this and they're unable to help. I've been talking to both the Exchange and IIS groups. Nothing found here on the NG or Google, so I thought I'd post fresh. PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN!!! I have a Win2003 (standard) DC with Exch 2003 (standard) on it. It also has Veritas BackupExec 9.0, Sybari Antigen 7.5, and Symantec NAV Corporate 8.1. NAV is only scanning the web directory - not the Exchange directories. This machine is a new Dell PowerEdge 2650 with 3 drives in RAID...

Hyperlinks when published
When I add hyperlinks to other docs or sites to my page, they work with "ctrl - click" in Publisher, but don't work in the preview or when published. The only links that do work are the ones that relate to an email address. Any ideas? Publisher 2003, IE7, XP. ...

Installing Office 2003 is a mess
I purchased Office 2003 on disk and I installed it on my old XP machine. When I used the same disk to install Office 2003 on my new Vista machine, I was taken by surprise when I was asked if I wanted Office 2007. I said yes, thinking that it was a free update for Vista. Now I have the following 3 problems, of which I have solved only the first one: 1. When I open a Word file by double-clicking in Explorer, the file opens under Office 2007 and asks if I want to install it, which I do not. I solved this problem by first opening Word 2003 with the icon on the desktop and now ...

Outlook 2003
Hello there, I am trying to send e-mail from Outlook 2003 using Act 6. That is no problem: the problem is my old sent messages. Is it possible to see those in Outlook 2003? I want to keep using ACT as an address database. Thanks in advance, Toon Schilder "gautama" <toonschilder@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1132576277.676676.289060@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hello there, > > I am trying to send e-mail from Outlook 2003 using Act 6. That is no > problem: the problem is my old sent messages. Is it possible to see > those in Outlook 2003? > >...

Publisher w/ Digital Imaging
I just bought Publisher with Digital Imaging. I actually bought it for Publisher and just wanted to check out the bonus program that came with it. Wow! Digital Imaging is my favorite program now. You can do so many cool things with it. I also own Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro. Digital Imaging is, I think, better than both of them. Why is it not sold separately? The only suggestions I have for Digital Imaging, are that a background eraser be added as in Jasc Paint Shop Pro and templates with more frames and photo projects be made available on the microsoft website for download. Also, PLEA...

Publisher 2000 #12
How can I convert or update my Publisher 2000 to 2002 version Hi Jack D (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || How can I convert or update my Publisher 2000 to 2002 version http://www.microsoft.com/products/info/list.aspx?view=22&pcid=46c5310d-26ef-434a-a9fd-5419c61a71aa&type=ctg&sortcolumn=0&sort=0&page=3 The above link takes you to the latest version available for sale, Publisher 2003. If you want Publisher 2002, visit ebay.com as there are many up for auction. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Pu...

Insert with a where condition

unable to see messages in outlook 2003
after setting up outlook on vista machine i am unable to see messages in inbox or any of the personal folders, despite successful download from mail server. have also checked filters. i had plenty of issues during setting up outlook with 2007 version & with setting up mail data folders, but it finally worked. any assistance will be appreciated. -- mahim http://forums.slipstick.com "mahim" <mahim.45jx5y@invalid> wrote in message news:mahim.45jx5y@invalid... > after setting up outlook on vista machine i am unable to see messages in > inbox o...

Imail to Outlook 2003
Hi all: I have an Imail server which I'm taking offline, I can see folders on the Imail system but I can't seem to get them off so I can put it on Outlook. For example: uder Inbox there are folders, but they don't download to Outlook when I'm running in either Pop3 mode of IMAP I have tried posting with iMail, but they are useless!!! That's why I'm taking it offline and going to Exchange (eventually) Thanks, Bob J ...