Insert acrobat capability has disappeared on MS Publisher

MS Publisher 2003. I used to be able to insert a pdf file as an object. This
capability has vanished from the "insert object" menu. This may be because my
original Publisher has had an automatic update from version 11.5525.5606 to V
11.8212.8221. I have removed and reinstalled Publisher but the version level
remains the same and the capability is still not there. My machine also has
Acrobat V7 installeed but this has not changed.
0
Lad (3)

Have you tried Office Diagnostics in the Help menu?
Right-click a toolbar, click customize, Options tab, see if Resetting menu and
toolbar usage data works for you.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Seavington Lad" <Seavington Lad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> MS Publisher 2003. I used to be able to insert a pdf file as an object. This
> capability has vanished from the "insert object" menu. This may be because my
> original Publisher has had an automatic update from version 11.5525.5606 to V
> 11.8212.8221. I have removed and reinstalled Publisher but the version level
> remains the same and the capability is still not there. My machine also has
> Acrobat V7 installeed but this has not changed.

0
mary.sauer (2018)

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

Mail merge with Excel in Publisher 200
Whenever I open a merged document in Publisher with I merged with an Excel spreadsheet, I must re-establish my link with the spreadsheet (including any filters I originally set)--quite annoying. This is has not always been the case; I have some connections which have stayed connected. These could possibly be ones I did in an earlier version of Publisher. Is this a problem with just Publisher 2000 or is there a way to permanently connect my publisher document with my Excel spreadsheet? Thanks much! ...

Insert trigger

inserting hrs and minutes

Scheduling via MS Outlook/Exchange from POS
I'm hoping to find a way to use a custom button to call up a new appointment in Outlook. I want to create resources in Exchange that represent my delivery trucks and then schedule the delivery trucks from POS. Anyone? Thanks, Tom -- The worst words in business: "We''ve always done it that way" -- Stop Fishing for eMail. Hi Tom If you add a reference to the Microsoft Outlook library in your project you should be able to write some code to this. Setting this to be triggered by a custom button would be exactly the same procedure as what you are doing using the Al...

How to print a greet. card from Publisher on a 2-side card stock?
Publisher has a pre-set printing option for greeting cards to print on an A-4 paper. How can I change it so it sould print on a regular two-sided card stock size 5.5"x 8.5"? Thanks Booklet setup on letter size stock. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "CLX" <CLX@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B45E658D-EB23-4365-A82E-33CA1D71EC9B@microsoft.com... > Publisher has a pre-set printing option for greeting cards to print on an A-4 > paper. How can I change it so it sould print...

Hyperlinks when published
When I add hyperlinks to other docs or sites to my page, they work with "ctrl - click" in Publisher, but don't work in the preview or when published. The only links that do work are the ones that relate to an email address. Any ideas? Publisher 2003, IE7, XP. ...

how do I format text as strikethrough in Publisher 2003?
I am copying over text from a WordPerfect document into Microsoft Publisher 2003. Text that has been formatted as "Strikethrough" in the WordPerfect document comes over as plain text with no strikethrough. I have even tried to just import the document which it looks like it does fairly well at, except that all text formatted as strikethrough is imported as plain text. I can possibly believe that Publisher does not have any way to format text in this way, but I have looked everywhere and cannot figure out how to format the text in this way. Can anyone help? You will have to ...

Insert with a where condition

Insert

Is there any specific setting for MS excel to download CSV in fin.
I have set my local setting of my PC to finnish and trying to download CSV file. But the data is displayed in a single cell instead of splitting across various cells. Is there any specific setting that should be set in EXCEL to display CSV files in the correct format? Hi try renamin the file to *.txt and open this file in Excel. >-----Original Message----- >I have set my local setting of my PC to finnish and trying to download CSV >file. >But the data is displayed in a single cell instead of splitting across >various cells. >Is there any specific setting that should ...

Lost my Acrobat menu when upgrading to Office 2007
In our Company we use the Snagit and the Acrobat Writer which places automatic menu for each program on the Menu Bar on top. Well when our Company pushed the upgrade of the Office 2007 these menus no longer appear. How can we get them back. Please advise You probably just have to activate the addins. Office button => Word Options => Add-Ins => Go button at the bottom. On a side note, Office 2007 comes with its own pdf generation tool which is often faster (and better) than the Acrobat one. Yves "giosejo" <giosejo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

how to insert data in a table

insert downloads into power point

Insert dataset to another database

Insert a blank row

How do I insert a letter into an existing word document?
I am working on a large document that I need to add several letters that are on our letterhead. If I cut and paste the letter, the letterhead header becomes skewed. This is just one issue I'm having with the document! Also need to know how to merge 3 separate documents together once I insert the letters that I need! Help! What do you mean by "skewed"? To preserve the data from the header of the document, you will need to insert it into a Section of its own separated from the rest of the document by Next page Section breaks before and after it with the headers...

Data validation list arrows disappear randomly
I am using Excel release 9.0. When I set the "Data Validation List" and select "In-cell drop down" the arrows initially appear. About 25% of the time, especially after I have done some editing in macros, or other program work, when I return to the cells, the arrows have disappeared. The only way I can get them back is to exit Excel, restart Excel and re-open the file. They always come back but may disappear again. I can live with the problem, but the application is written for relatively novice users who will not tolerate it. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks...

How do I insert backround into my picture inserts?
Could you please elaborate on your question, and give us details such as your version of Publisher. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "TAMOS" <TAMOS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1B3ABEC-F208-4A23-B695-9C0EEFBF649F@microsoft.com... > How to Compose a Good Newsgroup Post http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm How to Act Smart on Usenet http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html Getting Your Post Noticed - and Answered http:...

Can I export to publisher
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel Afternoon A client would like me to set up some templates for him to use in Publisher. He is on a pc and I a mac. I have the full office suite but don't know what program/export setting I have to use. Any help?? Thanks in advance!! Since you need to help a client with a specific application, you might be better off installing Windows and Publisher on your Mac and do your work in there. If that is not an option, I guess it might be possible to create a template in Word and to import that template into Publisher. Note that you sho...

Error "disappears" in Break Mode
In my A2K app, there is a place where I get a runtime error. But if I go through that section in break mode, the error disappears. More specifically, when I debug the line giving the error, Access says there is a type mismatch because the variable in the line of code is Null. But the variable is not and should not be Null. Somehow the program has wiped out the variable. In break mode, the variable doesn't lose it's value, and that's why there is no error when I hit the offending line of code. I've had a similar weird behaviour in Excel VBA, and I discovered that the ...