Ingetrating Digital Pro with Publisher

I just upgraded to Publisher 2003 with Digital Pro 10. Is is possible to edit
photos embedded in a Publisher using Digital Pro from within the Publisher
program? Right now I'm copy photos into Publisher after enhancing them in the
Digital Pro program. If I want to make further changes after the photo is the
Publisher document, I go back to the save photo in Digital Pro and then copy
that photo into the document. If possible, I'd like to work on the photo
already placed in the document and save the changes there. Any suggestions?

Dean
0
Dean1 (103)

Dean <Dean@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter:
> I just upgraded to Publisher 2003 with Digital Pro 10. Is is possible
> to edit photos embedded in a Publisher using Digital Pro from within
> the Publisher program? Right now I'm copy photos into Publisher after
> enhancing them in the Digital Pro program. If I want to make further
> changes after the photo is the Publisher document, I go back to the
> save photo in Digital Pro and then copy that photo into the document.

*Copy and pasting images into Publisher is not a good idea*

Repeat 500 times.

Save the image to disk, then import from there into Publisher using Insert >
Picture > From File.

You can then if you wish import the image as a link (using the down arrow
next to the Insert button in the Insert Picture dialog), and when you change
the file from within DIP10, Publisher will update it (probably the next time
you open the document).

> If possible, I'd like to work on the photo already placed in the
> document and save the changes there. Any suggestions?

I'm not sure whether DIP10 can act as an OLE server - you could try Insert >
Object and looking for Digital Image Pro. (I'm asssuming that's the product
you mean, as I've never heard of Digital Pro.) I'd recommend against it,
though.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
4/26/2006 12:48:19 PM
Dean wrote:
> I just upgraded to Publisher 2003 with Digital Pro 10. Is
> is possible to edit photos embedded in a Publisher using
> Digital Pro from within the Publisher program? Right now
> I'm copy photos into Publisher after enhancing them in
> the Digital Pro program. If I want to make further
> changes after the photo is the Publisher document, I go
> back to the save photo in Digital Pro and then copy that
> photo into the document. If possible, I'd like to work on
> the photo already placed in the document and save the
> changes there. Any suggestions?
>
> Dean
==================================
Your current method is correct...even though
these programs are purchased as a package
they are not integrated.

--

John Inzer

0
oobie (2069)
4/26/2006 12:56:31 PM
Thanks Ed. I'll work with your suggestions. Just for knowledge's sake, what
is the downside of copying a photo into Publisher versus inserting it?

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> Dean <Dean@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter:
> > I just upgraded to Publisher 2003 with Digital Pro 10. Is is possible
> > to edit photos embedded in a Publisher using Digital Pro from within
> > the Publisher program? Right now I'm copy photos into Publisher after
> > enhancing them in the Digital Pro program. If I want to make further
> > changes after the photo is the Publisher document, I go back to the
> > save photo in Digital Pro and then copy that photo into the document.
>
> *Copy and pasting images into Publisher is not a good idea*
>
> Repeat 500 times.
>
> Save the image to disk, then import from there into Publisher using Insert >
> Picture > From File.
>
> You can then if you wish import the image as a link (using the down arrow
> next to the Insert button in the Insert Picture dialog), and when you change
> the file from within DIP10, Publisher will update it (probably the next time
> you open the document).
>
> > If possible, I'd like to work on the photo already placed in the
> > document and save the changes there. Any suggestions?
>
> I'm not sure whether DIP10 can act as an OLE server - you could try Insert >
> Object and looking for Digital Image Pro. (I'm asssuming that's the product
> you mean, as I've never heard of Digital Pro.) I'd recommend against it,
> though.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
Dean1 (103)
4/26/2006 6:15:02 PM
Thanks  John. I'll make the best of it.

"John Inzer" wrote:

> Dean wrote:
> > I just upgraded to Publisher 2003 with Digital Pro 10. Is
> > is possible to edit photos embedded in a Publisher using
> > Digital Pro from within the Publisher program? Right now
> > I'm copy photos into Publisher after enhancing them in
> > the Digital Pro program. If I want to make further
> > changes after the photo is the Publisher document, I go
> > back to the save photo in Digital Pro and then copy that
> > photo into the document. If possible, I'd like to work on
> > the photo already placed in the document and save the
> > changes there. Any suggestions?
> >
> > Dean
> ==================================
> Your current method is correct...even though
> these programs are purchased as a package
> they are not integrated.
>
> --
>
> John Inzer

0
Dean1 (103)
4/26/2006 6:24:01 PM
Dean <Dean@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter:
> Thanks Ed. I'll work with your suggestions. Just for knowledge's
> sake, what is the downside of copying a photo into Publisher versus
> inserting it?

Copying and pasting photos into Publisher has been known to cause file
corruption.  In addition, depending on the source and destination apps (not
sure about DIP), you may not get the full-resolution photo.  And Design
Checker will complain as it's not able to find the file from which the photo
was taken.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)

Deduction Pro Download with Money 2005 Premium
Has anyone been able to download H&R Block's Deduction Pro which is claimed to be free with Money 2005 Premium? I have Money 2005 Deluxe and the booklet that came with it gave the H&R Block web address to download the free software but all I get is a H&R Block Web site saying PAGE NOT FOUND. It says it is a limited time offer, maybe the offer expired already. On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 11:38:57 -0700, "Regina A. Pelkman" <pelkman@cox.net> wrote: >Has anyone been able to download H&R Block's Deduction Pro which is claimed >to be free with Money 200...

Ingetrating Digital Pro with Publisher
I just upgraded to Publisher 2003 with Digital Pro 10. Is is possible to edit photos embedded in a Publisher using Digital Pro from within the Publisher program? Right now I'm copy photos into Publisher after enhancing them in the Digital Pro program. If I want to make further changes after the photo is the Publisher document, I go back to the save photo in Digital Pro and then copy that photo into the document. If possible, I'd like to work on the photo already placed in the document and save the changes there. Any suggestions? Dean Dean <Dean@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Digital ID???????
When ever I try to encrypt an email message with windos mail it always comes up witha message saying I don't have a digital ID. How do I create one? Please post your message in a newsgroup devoted to your area of concern. -- Charles Allen, MVP "BENVNV" wrote: > When ever I try to encrypt an email message with windos mail it always comes > up witha message saying I don't have a digital ID. How do I create one? ...

canot merge in publisher
merges documents, with otlook2003/ then cannot email merged selection , Merge them in Publisher. Open each file with a separate running of Publisher and cut or copy and paste. -- Don Vancouver, USA "progolfer2" <progolfer2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:98391CA8-0912-4F59-9672-5AD718C12FBB@microsoft.com... > merges documents, with otlook2003/ then cannot email merged selection , progolfer2 <progolfer2@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > merges documents, with otlook2003/ then cannot email merged selection I tak...

Publisher #9
I have someone who translated their PUblisher 98 document into Latin. How do i get it back to english? I used the Language setting button and nothing happened. Please Help. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from VP <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I have someone who translated their PUblisher 98 document > into Latin. How do i get it back to english? I used the > Language setting button and nothing happened. There is no way to translate a document automatically. If the person did translate their document, the original text...

2-digit
I have two lists of product codes (2-digit and 6-digit), each of which has an import value (in otherwords 4 columns) as follows: 1 2 3 4 Prod code (2 digit) importval ($) Prod code (6-digit) import value ($) 01 50 010001 25 010002 10 010003 15 02 75 020001 12 020002 18 020003 20 020004 25 As you can see the 6-digit product codes are a dissaggregated from the 2-digit codes. That is if you sum the value of the 6-digits imports it will equal the value of the 2-digits imports. So for product 01 = $50 = 010001 +010002+010003=50. The same occurs for product 02 and so in for my real data set. N...

Digital Imaging Pro #2
Great tools! Question is, can I convert a (B&W) photograph to a line drawing? -- CharleneM Carla wrote: > Great tools! Question is, can I convert a (B&W) photograph to a line > drawing? We wouldn't know. This is a Publisher group. -- In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/ Yes, I know it's a Publisher group, but since Dig Imaging Pro is bundled with Publisher and since I can't find a Dig. Imaging Pro forum, I was hoping someone working with Publisher and DIP might know as such a conversion would be most appropriate in black and white materi...

What I've learned about Publisher this week...
Merging a mailing list from Excel into Word and then into Publisher is NOT a fun task. Formatting is lost or boogered up. I've had to do things twice....and sometimes three times. I'm on my fourth pass over the list of just under 700 students to get the formatting the way I want it so that when the inevitable changes are emailed to me, I can just pop them in with little work. (Ha ha ha ha! Like THAT will really happen.) <sigh> Back to work -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] I did the same thing when I was composing a directory for a local chamber of commerc...

Publish completed with errors, CRM failed
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0026_01C514DB.882B0040 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I have CRM 1.2 server and Database server installed in one system. All = these Days I used to add one or more attributes to CRM using deployment = manager. Now I have requirements for adding few more attributes, hence i = have added few more attributes and trying to do publish customization. I = have select Lead and then seleted target CRM server and said next then = it says "Publish completed ...

Microsoft Publisher Wizard
can i downalod Microsoft Publisher Wizard without the installation CD? bigbumsm wrote: > can i downalod Microsoft Publisher Wizard without the installation CD? No. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org/ ...

how do i open publisher 2003 files using publisher 2000
Hi I've done some work on Publisher 2003 using someone elses computer. Just wondering if there is anyway I can open the file using Publisher 2000 without having to re-save using Publisher 2003 Hi Tony (Tony@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || Hi || I've done some work on Publisher 2003 using someone elses computer. || Just wondering if there is anyway I can open the file using || Publisher 2000 without having to re-save using Publisher 2003 No. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provide...

Publisher 2003 download
I have a valid key for Publisher 2003, but I lost my disc. Does anyone know where I can download Publisher 2003? I doubt very much that it's available for download. Your best bet may be to buy it on Ebay. Bruce "JanetP" wrote: > I have a valid key for Publisher 2003, but I lost my disc. Does anyone know > where I can download Publisher 2003? Too late for that now that Pub 2007 is the current version. I'd suggest looking for that disk again. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Ja...

Converting Hundreds of 2000 pro to XP pro
Good day, I'm in the Point of Sale field. I have well over 200 pos terminals with 2000 pro on them. I'm told that when MS stops updating it, that they all will not be PCI Compliant and they must be upgraded. Some have 2000 pro product keys and others don't. I took over this area from an out of business dealer. Any ideas as to the best, fastest and most affordable way to accomplish this? Any help will be appreciated. ecpos -- ecpos Now you know why the other dealer went out of business: His customers were too cheap to invest in regular hardware up...

Digitally signature
Hi We have an excel spreadsheat that different people fill out. Is it possible for every person to digitally sign the excel spread sheet when they have filled out the excel spreadsheet?? Regards Morten ...

How to Publish my ExchangeServer2003?
Dear, Please in detailed steps, How to make my exchange server 2003 published - how to connect it to the Internet - in order to: - Enable my users to send and receive using the server to any internet e-mail - Enable any Internet User to send to my users NOTE: I have registered DNS Name for my company My E-Mail boxes now are hosted on my ISP server Thank You So Much Create an A record for your Exchange server then create an MX record and point it to the fqdn of the A record. That will provide SMTP connectivity. You of course have to make sure that Port 25 is open on your firewall for ...

Different Versions of Publisher #2
I'm trying to take documents created at home on Windows XP Prof/Publisher and opening them at my son's school. When I try to open my docs, I get a message stating, "Can not open different versions." Is there a way around this? Save your Publication as a 2000 file. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm news://msnews.microsoft.com "Cokie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:030a01c3d70f$f2571360$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I'm trying to take documents created at ...

what fonts are supplied with Publisher 2003 Professional?
I need a list of Publisher 2003 Professional fonts; my office is considering purchase. Thanks. http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/default.aspx http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;837463&Product=offxp -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "cesle" <cesle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF3B2FA2-5295-460B-AF23-00C880218206@microsoft.com... >I need a list of Publisher 2003 Professional fonts; my office is considering > purchase. Thanks. Thanks so much. ...

importing quattro pro files
Can anyone tell me how to open a *.qpw file in excel? The downloads I have found on the microsoft web site to convert quattro pro to excel do not work for this file extension. Hi if you have access to Quattro Pro try saving this file as Excel file format -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "AGM" <amartin@texamenergy.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1381801c44417$ff8a0b30$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Can anyone tell me how to open a *.qpw file in excel? > The downloads I have found on the microsoft web site to > convert quattro pro to excel do not work for this f...

HOW DO I STOP ILLEGAL OPERATION POP UPS IN PUBLISHER
EVERYTIME I USE CLIP ART OR ANY TEMPLATES IN PUBLISHER A POP UP APPEARS SAYING I HAVE PERFORMED AN ILLEGAL OPERATION AND THE PROGRAMME SHUTS DOWN. i HAVE TRIED RELOADING IT TWICE. HOW DO I STOP THIS? ANDREA wrote: > EVERYTIME I USE CLIP ART OR ANY TEMPLATES IN PUBLISHER A POP UP APPEARS > SAYING I HAVE PERFORMED AN ILLEGAL OPERATION AND THE PROGRAMME SHUTS DOWN. i > HAVE TRIED RELOADING IT TWICE. HOW DO I STOP THIS? Have you tried turning off Caps Lock? It sounds like you're running Windows 95/98/ME. Which version are you using? Which version of Publisher are you using? W...

Publisher #71
I use Publisher for a newsletter (two-columns) which varies from fortnight to fortnight. What is the easiest way to make text flow to each column. I have trouble when I add columns -cannot get it to flow. -- Rena Are you creating a new text box? If you are, select the first text box, on the toolbar there is a chain-like icon, click it, the cursor will turn into a pouring bucket, click the new text box. You can make any text box into a multiple column box. Right-click the text box, format text box, text box tab, columns button. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ htt...

Publisher Web Site
My web site www.murrays-holdings.com when typed in the www comes up on screen to the left hand side. How do I get it to the center of the screen. Thanks Richard Publisher websites are by design left justified. There is no built-in way to center the pages. We have developed a way to hack the code, but the method depends on the version of Publisher. Please repost your question in the webdesign group and tell us which version of Publisher you are using and we will help you there: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign or http://www.microsoft.com/o...

Using Self Certify Digital ID with Shared Files
You can use the MS Self Certification utility to create a Digital ID to share macro enabled files with other XL users, even those running at high security. Here's how: File Originator: 1. Run c:\program files\OfficeXP\Office10 \selfcert.exe (if file not found, use add/remove on MSOffice, it's in Office Tools) 2. Enter a name (eg John Doe, ACME Corp) 3. Open XL file you want to certify and open up VBE 4. Go Tools|Digital Signature 5. Click Choose 6. You should see the name of the cert that you just created on this list. Select it then click OK, then OK again 7. Save and Close fi...

convert Outlook 2003 pst's to Outlook XP Pro
Have a boss coming from a different div. that used applications from Office 2003. We have Office XP Pro and he needs to convert his pst files down to XP. Is this possible? Thanks I don't believe there is a need for file converstion. All outlook clients can read *.pst's created from any version. "Rodey" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1d7db01c45403$0e6dd2d0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Have a boss coming from a different div. that used > applications from Office 2003. We have Office XP Pro and > he needs to convert his pst files do...

How do I get a copy of Publisher 2002?
I'd like to get a copy of Publisher 2002. I still have Windows 98 on my computer and don't want to upgrade to XP right at this time. Other than ordering off of e-bay or other sites I'm not familiar with, is it possible to get a copy of Publisher 2002 that would be compatible with Windows 98? Amazon.com -- Don Vancouver, USA "Crystal1365" <Crystal1365@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33518C70-6D02-4E03-B9C2-2C1FDEEB4A68@microsoft.com... > I'd like to get a copy of Publisher 2002. I still have Windows 98 on my > computer and don...

Digital Signature
I am trying to apply a digital signature to my XLS doc. I have created a couple of macros and when I go into the VB editor and go to Tools>>Digital Signature and select my Digital ID It shows [No Certificate]. I then proceed to select choose and select my Digital ID from the list. After hitting ok it will now show The VB project is currently signed as [my Digital ID] but when I exit out of the VB editor and out of excel and reopen the xls it doesn't have the digital ID attached anymore. It shows The VB project is currently signed as [no certificate] Am I missing a step he...