index_files : Directory Publishing Problem

Each time I publish my site to the web using Publisher I have to go into the
index.htm file and remove index_files from the paths (currently about 300
times) This is getting annoying. How do I make publisher do it right?

The other things is it puts all my files in www.a45.i8.com/index_files
instead of using the root path of www.a45.i8.com. Please help this is getting
bad!
0
Adam6979 (1)

Adam6979 wrote:
> Each time I publish my site to the web using Publisher I have to go into the
> index.htm file and remove index_files from the paths (currently about 300
> times) This is getting annoying. How do I make publisher do it right?
>
> The other things is it puts all my files in www.a45.i8.com/index_files
> instead of using the root path of www.a45.i8.com. Please help this is getting
> bad!

If you leave all the files in index_files and leave the paths pointing
to index_files, it will work fine. Otherwise, you'll need to change
both. Or look at Tools > Options > Web > Organize supporting files in a
  folder.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

clip art appears in publisher document blurred but prints clearly.
When I insert clip art into my newsletter it is blurry, making it difficult to edit, but when I print it the picture is clear. Could be one of two things: 1. Go to View > Pictures > and choose detailed display or 2. Update your video driver: Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 and older are critical about video drivers. Usually upgrading (or downgrading in some cases) will fix the problems you are encountering. I would recommend is restarting your computer in 'Safe Mode'. To get to Safe Mode, restart your computer and press "F8" at the beginning of the boot process. ...

OWA web page problems.. help
Hi folks, If a client opens an OWA page (myserver/exchange) and selects "premium" rather than "basic" as the interface preference, the page comes up disfunctional and with javascript errors. Lots of "object expected" type of JS errors. Most of the OWA page interaction will not work. For example, all the toolbar buttons do nothing. There is no way to view emails (no preview pane), etc. However in "basic", everything is fine. Any ideas? The "premium" OWA web page works fine if used on the server itself. I tried downgrading my IE6 s...

Problem with DllMain without a CWinApp
Hello I have a TSP (Telephony Service Provider) DLL. This DLL has two parts: a GUI-part which uses some MFC stuff and a non-GUI part (doesn't use MFC). Everything works fine. I don't have a CWinApp object and I don't want / need one. Now I need to add some multithreading support and therefore need to initialize a critical section Win32 object only once (when loading / unloading the DLL). This can only be done in DllMain as far as I found out. When I define such a function, I get a duplicate symbol (DllMain) linker error conflicting with uafxcwd.lib(dllmodul.obj). Current ...

Open to default directory in Excel
Hello All, Thanks for all of the help, I really do appreciate it. I just have one more question. The following macro below allows me to import a text file into an existing excel spredsheet. Is it also possible for it to default to a specific directory to look for the text file. I am still fairly new to writing macros in excel and for that matter VBA and I really do appreciate it. '---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Public Sub ImportTextFile(FName As String, Sep As String) Dim RowNdx As Integer Dim ColNdx As Integer Dim TempVal As Var...

moving Directory trees to existing directories
I am running outlook 2007 sp2 on windows xp 32 bit system and I'm wondering if there is a way to do this. We migrated from groupwise to MS Exchange 2007 about 6 months ago and most of us are still new to Outlook 2007. I have a user that has 2 large directory trees and we will call them Old and New. The old Directory tree contains a lot of folders and emails from Groupwise and the new Directory tree contains a mixed amount of emails from groupwise and recent emails from exchange. And Both Email structures have folders with the exact same names. Is there a way they can comb...

changed directories
Hi there, How would I find out on a windows 2003 stas server the changed directories, sizes and the respective owners? In order to keep track on disk space usage. Thank you Tester wrote: > Hi there, > How would I find out on a windows 2003 stas server the changed > directories, sizes and the respective owners? In order to keep track > on disk space usage. Thank you If you just want overall tracking of owner usage - diskquota will work. If you have 2003 R2, then file server reource manager can give you more detail by directory,file, directory tree. dir command can...

Publisher 2007 full version
I have the home and student version 2007 and it does not come with publisher. I am looking at purchasing publisher 2007 but need to know if I can install it on more than 1 computer like you can with the home and student program. any help would be appreciated, thanks. On Sep 3, 6:48 pm, bones <bo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have the home and student version 2007 and it does not come with publisher. > I am looking at purchasing publisher 2007 but need to know if I can install > it on more than 1 computer like you can with the home and student program. > any h...

Outlook Personal Folder problem
I have created a personal folder, that I file e-mails to, lately it worked fine for a long time. Then I was moving an e-mail to a folder in my personal folder and I get the following message " Can't move the items. The item could not be moved. It was either already moved or deleted, or access was denied" The first time this happen, I went throughall the properties settings trying to figure it out, ending up creating a new personal folder file, transferred all the folders from the old pst file and it work fine for about two weeks, then it happen again. Can anybody help...

Reading directories
How would I go about reading directories and displaying the file names in a listbox? I used SHBrowseForFolder to select the directory and display the directory name in an edit box, but how do I list the file names in a list box? Roger "R.H." <roger.huggins@intermec.com> wrote in message news:O1G5b19RDHA.2316@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > How would I go about reading directories and displaying the file names in a > listbox? I used SHBrowseForFolder to select the directory and display the > directory name in an edit box, but how do I list the file names in a list &...

Problem with Hook
You can view my source at the following: http://www.qtextender.com/code/DllMain.cpp http://www.qtextender.com/code/DllMain.h I call the InstallShellHook() function within my DLL and it seems that the only shell hook notifications I receive are for the actual application that I am debugging. I start Notepad, or any other application and I don't receive a HSHELL_WINDOWCREATED, HSHELL_WINDOWACTIVATED, or any other message for that matter. Any ideas as to why the hook callback would only be triggered for the application that installed the hook? TIA. [CppNewB] > the only shell...

Windows Live Mail Problem Running In XP and No MVP Response
Hello - I have a Problem with WLM on XP Service Pack 3 Situation : Calendar - Custom Recurrence - Every Second Thursday Problem : Calendar shows succeeding months' recurrence occurring on the Wednesday instead of the Thursday. Tried the same situation on WLM running in Vista, and the calendar shows Thursday as it should. It has been suggested that this is a result of XP First Day of Week settings - but this does not appear to be valid. Is there a problem with Windows Live Mail and XP. I am a volunteer teacher (retired programmer) teaching older people in Rockhampton to ...

after publishing error
Hi my name is Ziyad I am new to frontpage and I made a website from the ready templates inside frontpage Its the blog templates so I didnt do any thing I just downloaded to my webspace and when I am trying to make apost inside my website there always error how that could be its aready template plz help this is where my site is dvdstore.x10hosting.com thx FrontPage does not come with a Blog template - ask your template provider or host that you downloaded the blog template from -- _____________________________________________ SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsof...

Looking for an IT service catalog template MS Publisher or Word
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/results.aspx?Scope=TC&Query=service -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Help" <Help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C72911B9-77E7-4BC7-A1FF-62223D592D92@microsoft.com... > ...

Activity customization / publishing
I saw several posts refering to the holy grail of MSCRM 1.2, the form editor or objectmanger for the activity forms. It seems like it should be possible to customize the activity screen from these forms, however I can't figure out how to publish customizations or add new fields for activities. Deployment manager wont allow new fields and there's nowhere to publish them from either. I know its unsupported (and will be in version 2.0 (wink, wink) but i find it hard to believe that its not possible. I didn't notice a solution in any of the threads but was wondering if any...

How do I create a 46 page member directory?
I was wondering if publisher can create a membership directory that would be 46 pages in length? The front of the handbook would be the names/adresses and so forth and the back part would be images of each businesses business card. Is publisher the right software for this? I was volunteered for this job, so any help would be most helpful! Thanks, Bryan I'd use Publisher if I was doing that job. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Bryan" <Bryan @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D94BC8CE-1B55-443E-9925-65AC606F5A52@microsoft.com... >I wa...

Problem with XMLDataDocument...
I'm relatively new to this sort of thing, so forgive me if this is completely off base, but I'm having a problem getting the XMLDataDocument to do what I need it to. I have a small test application that has a DataSet with two data tables, Person and Home. I've setup Home as a child of Person. What I want to do is to load data into these two tables, and then have the data document create the xml with the child nodes (home) nested under the parent node (person). Is this possible??? The code snippet I have to load and output the xml is as follows: DsTester ds = new DsTester(); D...

Forms Read Only Problem
I think I inadvertently set a form to read only on my personal computer. I would like to disable the read only restriction. The properties Allow Edits, Allow Deletions, and Allow Additions are all set to Yes. The records are not locked. Does anyone have any suggestions? John 134 Here are some possible things to check: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-61.html -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com If my post was helpful to you, please rate the post. __________________________________ "John134" wrote: > ...

Publisher 2003 will not open Publisher 97 files
I have a system running XP Pro with Office 2003 (including Publisher 2003) installed and just discovered Publisher 2003 will not open any if the publisher 97 files from my old system. I checked MS support and the only reference I found to this problem was that Norton security can interfere with the conversion process.... NO HELP as my current system does not nad has never had Norton installed on the system Does anyone have a solution for this problem? DTC wrote: > I have a system running XP Pro with Office 2003 (including Publisher 2003) > installed and just discovered Publisher ...

Save Publisher as JPG, TIFF or GIFF!!!!!!
I have Publisher 2000... How do you save as JPG, TIFF or GIFF... I looked all over for this and I can't use the Pack and Go option... I even tried to open it with Adobe and of course you can't do that... This is stupid... Why does it have to be so hard? It should be simple... Nobody even uses Publisher in the real world if you try to send something to a commercial business... Everyone wants Adobe... All I want to do is send my fucking artwork in to make some CDs... How hard can that be? I've even run into problems taking artwork into Kinko's... You have to download their progra...

Problems with (not deactivated) add-ons?
Hi there! Vista 32-bit SP2, all current updates, IE8 (resetted completely), Windows Mail, AV deinstalled I've problems to display *.mhtml files in IE, and with the same reason Windows Mail isn't able to display mail content. (Message "trouble with displaying of mhtml content" in Group Windows Vista / Windoes Mail.) If I start IE8 without add-ons by right click I'M ABLE (!) to display the problematic *.mhtml files. If I start IE normally (even with all add-ons deactivated) the page cannot be displayed message appers after timeout. (It happens o...

Can not create Custom Borders in Publisher
In microsoft publisher, when selecting the create custom border option, it keeps telling our user population that they can not open file. A power user has this option, but if you change the security rights on the publisher folders it totally destroys the files and nothing works and then you have to do a completel reinstall. Is there anyway to let users have the access to create custom borders without having to make them power users? djw6776 wrote: > In microsoft publisher, when selecting the create custom border > option, it keeps telling our user population that they can not ope...

index_files : Directory Publishing Problem
Each time I publish my site to the web using Publisher I have to go into the index.htm file and remove index_files from the paths (currently about 300 times) This is getting annoying. How do I make publisher do it right? The other things is it puts all my files in www.a45.i8.com/index_files instead of using the root path of www.a45.i8.com. Please help this is getting bad! Adam6979 wrote: > Each time I publish my site to the web using Publisher I have to go into the > index.htm file and remove index_files from the paths (currently about 300 > times) This is getting annoying. Ho...

Problem with Rules
I've set up a series of very simple rules. They follow this pattern : if e-mail is received with (e.g.) "AAAA" in the message body, move it to folder "AAAAFolder". The rules work perfectly when Run Now is used, but they don't work automatically. Any ideas, folks? Thanks Stephen Mulholland ...

Unable to obtain DNS hostname of Active Directory domain controlle
Hi , I am trying to use deployment Manager to upgrade trial license but whenever i am running Deployment Manager i get error Unable to obtain DNS hostname of Active Directory domain controller, I am using Full Domain Admin right for CRM Admin user, i done repair install without any issue but still having the same error, CRM server and SQL databases are install on the same server. There is no firewall installed. The server details are the following, Server = 2003 R2 SQL 2005 with SP2 CRM Server 4 Thanks Shakil Error on Deployment Manager. Server stack trace: at System.Directory...

Date formatting problem.....
Hi All, I use the following code to create a string containing the current date. Dim sDate As String sDate = Format(Date$, "mmm d, yyyy") This code works fine here in the US, but a user in the UK is reporting that it's giving incorrect results. For example, on Nov. 5th, 2009, this code creates the string 'May 11, 2009' on the UK machine. Obviously, the code is confusing the month (11) and the day (5) and transposing them. I've played with this a bit, but haven't found a solution. Suggestions? Thanks, John Nobody wrote: > "John...