Index Page

Is there a way to print an index page or thumbnail page of the pages in my
publilcation.  I just want a general overview without printing every page and
wasting paper.  Please help!  Selina
0
selina (1)

You can have many pages showing at once in print preview. Do a print screen,
open Paint and paste.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"selina" <selina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to print an index page or thumbnail page of the pages in my
> publilcation.  I just want a general overview without printing every page and
> wasting paper.  Please help!  Selina

0
mary-sauer (6480)

how to set up a "batch print job" that only prints certain pages
I have a safety manual from which I only want to print selected pages for an orientation manual. The safety manual is a living document, always changing so when I need to do a new worker orientation I want the most current version of the selected pages, otherwise I would just photocopy the orientation manual. Not good enough to just note page numbers. This changes with time as well. It is difficult to imagine a means of printing a goup of pages which will change over time, unless they can be specifically identified without user interference. The following macro will print...

To index or not to index
I have a table of stuff stored in a repository and an attached table of inventory dates, linked one-to-many by an Autonumber ID field. I regularly need to find the oldest or newest inventory dates (or all, in order by date) for each item record in the inventory table, which is normally an automatic case for indexing. But this stuff is not inventoried very often, so far, only two out of over 80,000 records have three records in the inventory table, all others have zero, one or two inventory records. This is NOT going to change. It will likely be decades before there are as many as...

INDEX/MATCH help
I just learned about the INDEX/MATCH function while searching some of the Excel tip pages - and I think I can make good use of it. What I want to do is this: worksheet 1 - is the format of our Income Statement worksheet 2 (titled TB) is our Trial Balance. I want worksheet 1 to read TB (worksheet 2) and pick up the YTD amount for each account #. I tested this out and my formula is working fine. However, sometimes an account # on worksheet 1 doesn't appear on Worksheet 2 because there wasn't any activity. In this case I get a $N/A. I need to edit my formula so that if there ...

Duplicate page;
I was wondering if there is possibility to make fast an exact duplicate of page. What I mean is, to take contents of one page and to put it to another but on the exact same location of page. Is this possible? Regards. Sasa You can select all the shapes on a page (Ctrl + A), copy them (Ctrl + C), then navigate to the new page and paste the shapes (Ctrl + V). -- Andy Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Sasa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09b701c3bfd1$0bbece70$a301280a...

Page size for 1 to 1 ratio printing
I need to print a .jpg at @ 1 to 1 ratio after editing in Powerpoint. My question is at which dimension of the .jpg do I set the page size to? The ..jpg inserted into Powerpoint is cropped outside the border of the subject matter. Do I set the page size to the .jpg dimensions or to the actual border dimensions of the subject matter that needs to be printed out 1 to 1? Thanks to the forum for the help. In article <C1BFE7FD-A844-4D6A-BBDC-F2CA4066FEF8@microsoft.com>, Houstonvett wrote: > I need to print a .jpg at @ 1 to 1 ratio after editing in Powerpoint. My > ques...

Create Clustered index or Covering Index
Which would be better on a 3 column temporary table? A Clustered index or a Covering Index? In this case the uniqueidentifier is always the same and is done this way because there are about 20 procedures that already use this as a static table and I don't want to impace all the procedures with this change. CREATE TABLE #temp (a uniqueidentifier, PID int,CID int) CREATE CLUSTERED INDEX idx on #temp (CID) or CREATE TABLE #temp (a uniqueidentifier, PID int,CID int) CREATE INDEX idx on #temp (CID) INCLUDE (PID,a) Thanks, Tom Tom, Better for what? It depends....

ONE PAGE REPORT WANTS TO PRINT 1311 pages in each copy, WHY?
The excel report is only one page but recognizes it as 1311 pages long, why. Nothing shows on pages other than page one. Re-set your print area. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "G'pa Woody" <G'pa Woody@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD997767-EF4A-4C22-95FE-13805F5684CF@microsoft.com... > The excel report is only one page but recognizes it as 1311 pages long, why. > Nothing shows on pages other than page one. Woody Check your print range settings. File>Print Area. Clear it first then reset to your desired r...

print two pages one page lanscape the other portrait
I need to do a paper for work. One page is a Word document set up to print in portrait mode. The other is an Excel document set up to print in landscape mode. Am I able to do this? Based on your question, yes you can. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "bobturk" <bobturk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FEA9C052-74EC-4AE6-A968-6144E6FD7425@microsoft.com... >I need to do a paper for work. One page is a Word document set up to print >in > portrait mode. The o...

Indexes in tables.
Hi, Can I add index for tables in SQL Manager. For example for SOP30200 index for any field. Will it be a problem with program or not? Any other ways? Thanks, Vitali I believe any future upgrade will blow away your index. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Vitali V" wrote: > Hi, > > Can I add index for tables in SQL Manager. For example for SOP30200 index > for any field. Will it be a problem with program or not? > Any other ways? > > Thanks, > > Vitali > > > Suggest you leave the tables alone. You'll just get into a pickle.. "Char...

Font and master pages
While working within a master page I somehow changed all of the fonts in my 100 page document. Can anyone tell me the fastest way to restore my document back to their original font? Please help! Breeze <Breeze@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > While working within a master page I somehow changed all of the fonts > in my 100 page document. Can anyone tell me the fastest way to > restore my document back to their original font? Please help! Format > Font Schemes or Format > Styles and Formatting -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

How to create a duplicate page
I can't believe that there is no way to do this but, I can't figure it out. How do you create a copy of a page? I'm looking for a feature similiar to the one in Excel where you can make a copy of an entire sheet. I realize you can grab all of the shapes and copy/paste however, if some of the objects are proteted, the paste doesn't go smoothly. Even if shapes have select lock on they still can be selected unless the document is protected. Try unprotecting the document before copying all. You can also write some VBA code to select the shapes. Ray "bdavis" &...

Match & Index??
I have the following info in different workbooks. In workbook 1, I have in Columns A,B,C,D: Mark & No. Start End Deal SLGG1234 3/15/2004 6/15/2004 211 SLGG1234 1/1/2004 3/14/2004 111 SLGG1234 6/16/2004 8/15/2004 311 SLGG1255 2/13/2004 8/15/2004 411 In workbook 2, I have Columns A,B, C: Mark & No. Date Deal SLGG1234 3/14/2004 SLGG1234 6/14/2004 In Column C of workbook 2, I want a formula to look at Cols A and B. Compare the info in them to Cols A,B and C in workboo...

Printing every other page in publisher 2003
I am trying to make flash cards for the CPA exam. I have made a few hundred using the two page format. Now I want to print them and I only have a bubble jet so I cant print on both sides. I have made my custom page size and all that jazz so it works well enough to print on the 3x5 cards. My problem is I can't print every other page (just the fronts) then again for the backs. Is this even possible because I have tried everything. On Dec 21, 8:44=A0am, MikelPo...@gmail.com wrote: > I am trying to make flash cards for the CPA exam. =A0I have made a few > hundred using the two page...

web page opening
Hi, everybody: In my application I'm using ChtmlView for displaying certain web page. Is there any way to know, if the proper web page (passed to Navigate2 function) has been opened successfully? GetOffline() function doesn't help, because connection to the internet could be fine, its just web page being navigated on some reason couldn't be opened. In this case ChtmlView is displaying "Action Cancelled". So can I learn somehow from ChtmlView what's being displayed - the proper link or "Action Cancelled"? Thanks in advance, Andrei Hello, I...

Update htm page with xml
I have an excel sheet that imports data from an XML document. This XML doc updates every hour. Excel takes the information from the XML and makes charts. I want to publish the Excel document as an htm file and put it on a web server so I can view the charts online. My question is...how do I get the htm file and graphs to update with the xml file? The numbers constantly change, so after an hour the graphs and stats are not accurate. How do I get them to sync to the XML? -- razorx8 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ razorx8's Profile: http://...

A Public Folders home Page won't show in OWA but will in Outlook,
This is probably a very simple question but i am stumped. I have a public folder called Intranet, its default home page is our intranet home page. Why can't i view it in OWA. This is really annoying me. Please Help Lisa ...

A page of file in pdf
I have a friend who I want to give one page of a file in pdf that has several pages. How do I just give him one page in pdf. Thanks Rod -- Thanks for your Help On Sun, 2 Nov 2008 16:47:01 -0800, jcreek <jcreek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a friend who I want to give one page of a file in pdf that has several >pages. How do I just give him one page in pdf. If you can create PDF files then just save the appropriate page as a PDF. If you can't then get one of the many PDF creation programs. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. http://www.electronics-pa...

Under HELP, where is the INDEX
In Word 2003, is the INDEX completely gone? I always used it to search topics and definitions of terms. Hi MS decided to change the help system :-( So the Index feature is gone. Maybe you have your old Office CDs still available and can copy the old help files -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Perotin" <Perotin@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:34B1A278-5835-48DD-9A74-1E0E78441485@microsoft.com... > In Word 2003, is the INDEX completely gone? I always used it to search topics > and definitions of terms. ...

Hi guys, I have a web site I developed in Publisher Windows 98. We now have a new version. When I work on it and then publish to the web, it does not create a index page, infact it does not see page 1 ! I inserted a blank page as new number 1 and then it made page 2 as the index page ! Appears to work but what am I missing. Also where I have photos and a frame around them, it makes two files/copies of each photo to be sent to web site. Like 505 and 5051. In 5051 the photo is of pour quality but 505 is fine. Have not sent over yet as it appears I have to remove the existing index...

Index of using XPATH?

Spending Tracker on home page brings Money Plus to a crawl
I just upgraded to Money Plus Premium over 2007. The home page takes several minutes to load and Money shows (not responding) in the application title bar until it does load. If I remove the Spending Tracker, which only has 5 accounts on it, it returns to its relatively zippy performance that Money 2007 Premium had. I ran a Standard File Repair and that didn't help. There must be some sort of bug introduced in Plus that 2007 doesn't have in this regard. My PC is plenty powerful - 2.1GHz, dual core, 4GB Ram, Vista Ultimate. I've seen a few other posts on this at http://www.google....

Start_Incremental Full Text indexing job on CRM 4.0 server
We have just completed upgrading to CRM 4.0 in production. We upgraded from CRM 3.0 to 4.0. I noticed that there is a job on the SQL server titled "Start_Incremental on <OrganizationName>.ftcat_documentindex.[7.5]" Th job runs every 15 minutes and fails. I have been able to find information on 1.2 and 3.0 installations, but not 4.0. Is this job even needed in 4.0? We are on SQL 2005 so the index should run every 15 minutes anyway?? I have been able to find the catalog and noticed that the name is not ftcat_documentindex as specified in the job's step1. I was able to g...

How to I get image to fill whole page
Trying to print pages with images that I want to print clear to the edge of the page. If your printer can't print full bleed, you can't. You will have to read your printer's manual to determine if it can and how to do it. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "doldroyd" <doldroyd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:073E75F6-BCFF-4D13-AE4D-F76A9C0746CA@microsoft.com... > Trying to print pages with images that I want to print clear to the edge > of > the page. &qu...

Forcing New Page
I have a report in which I am trying to force a new page with each group header change. I changed the Force New Page property for that section to "Before Section" but it doesn't seem to work. Why not? -- Ken Hudson Well, it seems as if it does "print" that way, but it doens't show up like that when viewed on the computer screen. No response needed. -- Ken Hudson "Ken Hudson" wrote: > I have a report in which I am trying to force a new page with each group > header change. > I changed the Force New Page property for ...

Contact Index button
We have some problems displaying the Chinese Contact name in the contact list. Any one can help? ...