In Publisher I created an email publication

Emailed it as the body of the message.  We the receipent forwards the email
they can make changes to the body of the message.  How can I change setting
to make it read only when emailed?
--
Bobby
0

How about making it an image file.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"Bobby" <Bobby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Emailed it as the body of the message.  We the receipent forwards the
> email
> they can make changes to the body of the message.  How can I change
> setting
> to make it read only when emailed?
> --
> Bobby

0
Don
8/24/2006 3:30:15 PM
"Don Schmidt" <Don Retired Engineer@PNB.1987> wrote in message
> How about making it an image file.
>

> --
> Don
> Vancouver, USA
>
> "Bobby" <Bobby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Emailed it as the body of the message.  We the receipent forwards the
>> email
>> they can make changes to the body of the message.  How can I change
>> setting
>> to make it read only when emailed?
>> --
>> Bobby

No can do. There is no file that can't be altered by someone with some time
and determination. Make it a pdf. Much smaller and most folks can't change
it short of having a copy of Adobe Acrobat (not the reader).

0
Chuck
8/25/2006 2:25:00 AM
I agree with Adobe comment I put a lot of time into Adobe Acrobat but
the rudiments of digital signing and or password protection are very
easy to get your head around and it would slow most folks up from
tampering...unfortunatly if some one is hell bent there are readily
available hack tools but some one is really got to want it bad to spend
that amount of time.not to mention the learning curve.
HTH Rob.
Chuck Davis wrote:
> "Don Schmidt" <Don Retired Engineer@PNB.1987> wrote in message
> > How about making it an image file.
> >

> > --
> > Don
> > Vancouver, USA
> >
> > "Bobby" <Bobby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> Emailed it as the body of the message.  We the receipent forwards the
> >> email
> >> they can make changes to the body of the message.  How can I change
> >> setting
> >> to make it read only when emailed?
> >> --
> >> Bobby
> >

> No can do. There is no file that can't be altered by someone with some time
> and determination. Make it a pdf. Much smaller and most folks can't change
> it short of having a copy of Adobe Acrobat (not the reader).

How to create 2 separate indexex to one doc??
Hi I'd like to create 2 indexes to one document in Word 97, I've already made one but the second one mixes with the previous and I want them separate, what can I do? On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 02:05:01 -0800, lumtecua <lumtecua@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi >I'd like to create 2 indexes to one document in Word 97, I've already made >one but the second one mixes with the previous and I want them separate, what >can I do? There are two separate mechanisms for inserting multiple indexes in a document. You didn't explain enough to tell whi...

Publishing to the web through Publisher

Creating new contacts also creates contacts in Outlook
Hi, I have a question regarding contacts. I have created a client contact in CRM and when going into my personal contacts in Outlook (My Contacts), the new client contact has been saved in My Contacts area along with my existing personal contacts. Is there a way of preventing the new contact from being saved amongst my personal contacts, or is this how CRM behaves? Thanks, Natalie. This is how CRM behaves (when you choose to install the Outlook add-in at least). best thing to do is create a "Personal Contacts" folder and move your personal contacts into it - the CRM always u...

publisher #74

Cannot read attatchments to emails
Email attatchments in pdf are encripted. I have Adobe reader 9.3.1. Widows 7. "graham tm" <graham tm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFE2D37F-4E1E-41D3-A2D6-0D38CF8F2ADA@microsoft.com... > Email attatchments in pdf are encripted. I have Adobe reader 9.3.1. Widows > 7. I highy doubt they're encrypted. What makes you believe they are? I think, instead, that you see the MIME *encoding* of the attachment because something is preventing Outlook from seeing the message data correctly so that it can decode it properly into the original. ...

Can not receive email #2
Thanks for reply. Actually my mail server is for internal test, so I set up internal DNS server for it. The client is using the DNS server. From the client, I can telnet the mail server for port 25 and 110. Client can send email out but can not receive email. Thanks for help! Lisa >-----Original Message----- >try to force a connection and see if the queue clears. >"Administrator" <administrator@norepliesplease.com> wrote in message >news:OSRqrb5qEHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... >> Lisa, >> >> Go to http://AboutMyDNS.com and run their quick...

Outlook 2003 does not "remember' previous email addresses when you type in their first name
Gurus, Using Outlook 2003. I thought Outlook 2003 "remembered" previous email addresses you typed? With people I've emailed before, I'll type their first name and Outlook pops up their address. However, my supervisor also running Outlook 2003 has to manually bring up the address book or type the last name for which Outlook will pop up the correct suggestion(s). He has enabled the following: Tools - Options - Email Options - Advanced Email Options - Suggest names while completing To, Cc, and Bcc fields My supervisor tested this. When he unchecks that box, the automa...

Installing Publisher 2003 gives an error

Sending Publisher Files

PC very slow, pagefile.sys not created ?
I'm trying to help a friend with a very slow PC. She's running Win XP Home, and has 512 MB RAM, but the machine seems to be getting even slower over time with very few processes running. I looked in the C:\Windows directory to see if Virtual Memory had been created, but couldn't find the file (even after searching other windows directories). In Control Panel I opened System Properties --> Performance Options --> Advanced, which opened the Virtual Memory window, and tried to create the pagefile.sys Virtual Memory file with a recommended size of 766 MB. It still...

How do I create a "backwards" chart
I am trying to create two side by side bar charts that have the same y-axis. I would like to have one chart with the x-axis increasing from right to left (this would be the chart on the left) and the other chart with the x-axis increasing from left to right (this would be the chart on the right). How do I create the chart on the left? Sarah If you use a 3-D chart you can twist it round by grabbing the corner. Hope this helps Jess "Sarah" wrote: > I am trying to create two side by side bar charts that have the same y-axis. > I would like to have one chart with the x-a...

Change backgroud on emails
Outlook 2007 I am trying to figure out how to set a pale pink background on all my e-mails ? Tools, options, mail format, stationery and fonts, themes. You'll need to have an html file with a pink background in the stationery folder so you can select it. In vista this folder is at C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Stationery -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Exchange Messagin...

Rules
Hello, I am assigning rules to sort my email and need to know whether the Rules Wizard is your only place to view all the rules you've created. I had all of my email already sorted into folders and was creating rules for Outlook to automatically move new messages to relevant folders. The Rules Wizard is only displaying the first bunch of rules that I've created; I can't find the ones I made a few minutes ago. What is going on here? If there is a different way to view your rules list, perhaps the new rules are hidden in there. TIA "Truth_Seeker1" <DrewSt...

creating ActiveXobject in mozilla, invoking shell commands.

Publisher 2000 #23

Emails 02-08-06
Has anyone seen emails being marked as read in Outlook when they are being tracked in CRM. This is before the user has had a chance to open up the item. Regards I've never seen this happen, but if you are seeing this occur I'd be very interested in knowing about it. If you could provide additional information, that would be very helpful. Jason -- -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "PeteC" <PeteC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22CE994C-B762-4CAF-854E-951CE6E2916A@microsoft.com... > Has...

Trouble sending email..
We have one user with Office 2003 including Outlook. Our email and website is hosted with Yahoo! Small Business. We've set it up as POP in her Outlook. She can send and receive email fine, but sometimes it will stop working and she will need to reboot for it to work again. Any suggestions? The only information I have right now is "Error message keeps saying contact your server.", but I am hoping she can get me the exact error message she is encountering. shawn wrote: > We have one user with Office 2003 including Outlook. Our email and website > is ...

Publisher 2003

Created 3-panel brochure; how to edit back 3 pages?
Hi, I created a 3-page brochure and edited the content of the three pages. When I printed it, I got two physical sheets: the front three pages and the back three pages. I need to edit the content of the back three pages. How do bring them up for editing? BTW, when I find a duplex printer to produce the fully edited brochure, I'll be in Publisher Heaven :-) Thanks in advance, Richard Hi, again, Never mind; I found it. I opened a practice session and, happily, it started with a brochure. That example pointed out that it started with two pages. That made me take notice of the littl...

How to Create Multiple Email accounts for One user???
Hi, I am newbie with ExchangeSrv, with some users of my SBS2003 I need to create 2 email accounts with their respective mailboxes �How can I do this? if it is possible Thanks. you will need to create separate user accounts...after you create them, you can grant "Full Mailbox Access" and "Send as" rights to the other user...if you want to disable the new account, you can also set "Associated External Account" and "Full Mailbox Access" to "Self", then disable that account...then the user that needs to use them both will be able to... "R...

pop3 email in exchange 2003
Our email server is at an ISP with a few different pop3 accounts. I have setup pop3 accounts in exchange2003 on SBS2003, to receive email in to individual mailboxes. The outgoing mail server is an smtp server at a different ISP. How do I make the exchange server leave a copy of all the emails received for a few days, in the email server? (In outlook express, there is an option to do so.) Right now, without setting such an option, no one receives any email when they try to access it directly from the webserver (through outlook express or webmail.emailservername from home)! Please ...

upgrade publisher