In Publisher 2000, text double-prints with a picture

In Publisher 2000, when a pictgure appears on a page, all text prints
fuzzy--it double prints like a TV 'ghost.' This occuirs only when there is a
graphic along with the text.
0
Harrybari (2)

If the objects look okay on your screen, it is no doubt a printer issue. Go to
the manufacturer's web site of your model printer and look around for an updated
driver. Maybe re-installing your present driver..
It is always advisable to completely remove a driver before
installing/reinstalling.

Bruce Sanderson's Windows Web
How to clean up printer drivers

Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Harrybari" <Harrybari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In Publisher 2000, when a pictgure appears on a page, all text prints
> fuzzy--it double prints like a TV 'ghost.' This occuirs only when there is a
> graphic along with the text.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
9/5/2006 7:09:18 AM
I had alrleady reinstalled the printer driver and done everything else I
could think of. A tech rep from Microsoft in an email exchange led me through
the proceess of  recycling the unit, then cleaning the contacts on the ink
cassettes with a sooft cloth. After a couple shots of cleaning the contacts,
then cleaning the contacts with the machine's 'tools' and aligning the
cassettes,  I got a good test page. After this,  the page which had been  so
much trouble printed out clear and sharp.

So, Mary was right about the problem beng with the printer. But it turned
out to be something as simple as thoroughly cleaning off the contacts on the
cassettes (I had used the 'tools' cleaning previously) rather than something
much more serious--it was almost as though it was too simple, so I had been
looking for some exquisite problem.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> If the objects look okay on your screen, it is no doubt a printer issue. Go to
> the manufacturer's web site of your model printer and look around for an updated
> driver. Maybe re-installing your present driver..
> It is always advisable to completely remove a driver before
> installing/reinstalling.
>
> Bruce Sanderson's Windows Web
> How to clean up printer drivers
> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx
>
> "Harrybari" <Harrybari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > In Publisher 2000, when a pictgure appears on a page, all text prints
> > fuzzy--it double prints like a TV 'ghost.' This occuirs only when there is a
> > graphic along with the text.

0
Harrybari (2)

Print or save custom form without sender's information
Recently I created my first form in Outlook to be used for our company's “Suggestion Box” Public Folder. It’s a custom form which was modified from a Post form. The idea was that our employees would be more likely to provide feedback if it were as simple as sending an e-mail, rather than having to take the time to leave their desks and fill out a hard copy form to drop into an actual suggestion box. In an effort to keep the information anonymous, I was able to remove the “From” field in the form and create a custom view in the Public Folder so that no one in the office could see ...

Exchange 2000 disaster recovery #3
This is a mess! My Domain Controller/Exchange Server experienced a fatal error. Drive D had some sector errors but is now functioning. This is where Exchange was installed. This error caused Drive M to "dispapear". At this point Exchange Manager says the Exchange Server cannot be contacted although all the automatic services are started. Drive D seems to have the data store files (hopefully in tact). I've now created a new machine in a new domain with a fresh install of Exchange 2000. I want to "recover" the data from the original Exchange 2000 server (rememeber th...

Publishing to the web through Publisher

enter text 2 cells same time 2 different sheets
I want to enter text in cell in sheet 1 and have it appear in a cell on sheet 2 also Select both sheets, using Shift and left-click on the sheet tabs.............then select a cell and type away........the values will appear in the same cells on both sheets Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "jack" <crabber1@ comcast .net> wrote in message news:700AD143-4B2D-4523-8849-79D5FA132392@microsoft.com... > I want to enter text in cell in sheet 1 and have it appear in a cell on sheet 2 also Jack, If it's the same cell (same address) in the two sheets, you can select both sheet...

How to have report text shift left ? (Fname MI Lname)
When creating a report we want the Fname MI Lname to shift left and not be spaced out... Not Like... John A Smith But like... John A. Smith. I looked at properties for the fields on the report but need guidance. thanks for any help. "Will" <Will@somewhere.com> wrote in news:46d33b94$0$6491$4c368faf@roadrunner.com: > When creating a report we want the Fname MI Lname to shift left > and not be spaced out... > > Not Like... > > John A Smith > > But like... > > John A. Smith. > > ...

publisher #74

Installing Publisher 2003 gives an error

Excel 2000 Toolbar Customization
I've customized the toolbars to my satisfaction and also created my own customized toolbar under 'views - toolbars'. The customized toolbars work great during a single Excel session. When I fire-up Excel the next time it's reverted to the as-delivered toolbars. What's wrong? How can I make a permanent change to the toolbars? Also on start-up, Excel sometimes opens two blank workbooks. What's that about? Thanks much for the help. On the custom toolbar issue: Run a search on your HDD to locate a file called Excel.xlb. If my guess is right. you'll find ...

Outlook for Office 2000
Need Help Badly! Have experienced a denied access to my outlook. cannot delete messages from any folder. message as follows: C:\Windows\Local Settings\application data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst. could not be accessed.Access denied. have removed program and restored. have tried exporting - not working. help help help How big is the .PST file? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:54aa01c3e52b$44249b30$a001280a@phx.gbl, pd wrote: > Need Hel...

Sending Publisher Files

I cant type in the body of the text
I have hit something and when I try to type in the body of my email message I have this ~ when I hit enter. I am not allowed to then type a message..... Actually it is when I am hitting the tab going from the subject line to the body of the text. It has to be something simple becuase it happened very quickly. You haven't said whether it is a laptop or desktop system If it is a laptop then your Fn key must be stuck However, I suggest reboot your system and everything should be reset to default if your keyboard keys are stuck due to pressing something. hth Leslie ...

Publisher 2000 #23

Change fg color of a static text at runtime
How can I change fg color of a static contol base on caption's text. I can set fg/bkg color using OnCtlColor at dialog's startup but I need to change color base on a math result, if this is positive set as blue if math result use red. thanks in advance for your help, Eduardo You would still do it the same way. Create appropriate brushes(or use SetTextColor etc) and return these based on the context(math result). OnCtlColor is called whenever the control needs to be redrawn(not only at startup). -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Eduardo" <a@a.com> w...

How do I automatically expand a merged cell with wrapped text?
You don't. Take a look at the macro by Jim Rech: http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.programming/br owse_frm/thread/c681ec7915bee300/2601d8ed556c55e9? ...

Stop a file from automatically opening in Excel 2000
How do you stop a file from automatically opening in Excel 2000? This file does not exist and there is nothing in the XLStart folder. Tools>options>general and uncheck ignore other applications -- For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Brenda" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15e0501c4472a$7284c980$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How do you stop a file from automatically opening in Excel > 2000? This file does not exist and there is nothing in > the XLStart folder. If you've ente...

Publisher 2003

Defrag Exchange 2000 Server
Is it safe to run the Windows defrag on a server that is running Exchange 2000? I have read conflicting reports and would like some feedback from this forum. Thanks. I'd advise against it and have never heard of someone recommending it. Todd "Rob" <rmfalconer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42B5A215-1214-47D6-9839-7825D088D808@microsoft.com... > Is it safe to run the Windows defrag on a server that is running Exchange > 2000? I have read conflicting reports and would like some feedback from > this > forum. > > Thanks. ...

upgrade publisher

Microsoft Publisher ?

Oultlook 2000 CW and Exchange 2003 Read Receipts
Good Evening I am trying to prevent Read receipts from being automatically responded to in Outlook 2000 being setup with exchange 2003, in CW mode. I have tried editing the key in the registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Outlook\Options\Mail\Receipt Response=dword:00000002 But this had no effect. I have had a look at the article on Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB:324636) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324636 However this is for exchange 2000, would this work in 2003 and if so, is it possible to download the hotfix without paying for Microsoft s...

Why is publisher newsletter not page wide when sent
When I am working on my email newsletter it is page wide. When I send it it is about 4" wide. I want it to be page wide when it is sent to a client. What do I need to do? What do you call "page wide"? If you had started with the email template, you would not have width issues. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Donna McDermed" <DonnaMcDermed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5974DDA0-2E2D-4495-A5EB-FBF8F543482B@microsoft.com... > When I am working on my email newsletter it is page wide. When I send it > it > is abo...