Importing .pdf files into publisher

How do I import .pdf files into MS Publisher?
0
anonymous (74725)

You can either pull all of the piece parts out of the pdf file (I use
PDF-Tools) and recreate the data as a Pub file or scan the pdf and create an
image (gif, bmp etc) and create a Pub file.

There are probably other methods. Others will probably advise.

--
Don
--------

"gm" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I import .pdf files into MS Publisher?

---

Engineer1 (288)
2/2/2004 7:04:07 PM
If you have Acrobat (not just Reader) you can save as JPG, EPS, or TIF.

"Don Schmidt" <Retired Engineer@PNB.usa> wrote in message
> You can either pull all of the piece parts out of the pdf file (I use
> PDF-Tools) and recreate the data as a Pub file or scan the pdf and create
an
> image (gif, bmp etc) and create a Pub file.
>
> There are probably other methods. Others will probably advise.
>

> --
> Don
> --------
> Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of the 45+ countries in
> America!
>

> "gm" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How do I import .pdf files into MS Publisher?
>

> ---

mccabemm (65)
2/2/2004 8:54:23 PM
Adobe Acrobat is too spendy for my budget.  These days a scanner is a more
economical solution.  And, a scanner is more versatile.

--
Don
--------

"McCabe's Minuteman" <mccabemm@bellatlantic.net> wrote in message
> If you have Acrobat (not just Reader) you can save as JPG, EPS, or TIF.
>
> "Don Schmidt" <Retired Engineer@PNB.usa> wrote in message
> > You can either pull all of the piece parts out of the pdf file (I use
> > PDF-Tools) and recreate the data as a Pub file or scan the pdf and
create
> an
> > image (gif, bmp etc) and create a Pub file.
> >
> > There are probably other methods. Others will probably advise.
> >

> > --
> > Don
> > --------
> > Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of the 45+ countries in
> > America!
> >

> > "gm" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > How do I import .pdf files into MS Publisher?
> >

> > ---

---

Engineer1 (288)
2/2/2004 10:38:03 PM
Don,

And scanning a color pdf, with gradient fills, printed with an inkjet
printer, then scanned with a $150 scanner is going to produce results a
professional will be pleased with? I understand the mentality. I bought
a newspaper from a guy who scanned ordinances, cropped out what wasn't
needed, then placed them as eps files in Quark. Saved him money by not
needing a typist. Penny wise, pound foolish.

Mike

Don Schmidt wrote:
> Adobe Acrobat is too spendy for my budget.  These days a scanner is a more
> economical solution.  And, a scanner is more versatile.

0
wordwiz (947)
2/2/2004 10:58:59 PM
you don't.

you save as eps out of Acrobat and import that.

any other approach will give you crap-on-a-stick.

Truth is, that is the proper workfrom for any application. direct pdf import
is a "risky scheme" akin to a "hurt me by surprise" button. the problems are
only apparent when the job's finished. even 2-5% of the time is too much!

> How do I import .pdf files into MS Publisher?

0
mact-no1 (9)
2/3/2004 12:40:38 AM
Mac,

I've never had anything go wrong with saving as an 300 dpi tif from
Acrobat, changing the setting to match the color profile. Horses for
courses.

Mike

mac townsend wrote:
> you don't.
>
> you save as eps out of Acrobat and import that.
>
> any other approach will give you crap-on-a-stick.
>
> Truth is, that is the proper workfrom for any application. direct pdf import
> is a "risky scheme" akin to a "hurt me by surprise" button. the problems are
> only apparent when the job's finished. even 2-5% of the time is too much!
>

>>How do I import .pdf files into MS Publisher?

0
wordwiz (947)
2/3/2004 1:17:21 AM
It was the quick and ugly solution.  If the product deserved superior
quality I would use PDF-Tools, extract the text and images and rebuild a pub
file.  Also, considerations should include the repetitively of the need to
convert pdf to pub. (Money is always the ruling decider).

--
Don
--------

"Mike Koewler" <wordwiz@fuse.net> wrote in message
> Don,
>
> And scanning a color pdf, with gradient fills, printed with an inkjet
> printer, then scanned with a $150 scanner is going to produce results a
> professional will be pleased with? I understand the mentality. I bought
> a newspaper from a guy who scanned ordinances, cropped out what wasn't
> needed, then placed them as eps files in Quark. Saved him money by not
> needing a typist. Penny wise, pound foolish.
>
> Mike
>
> Don Schmidt wrote:
> > Adobe Acrobat is too spendy for my budget.  These days a scanner is a
more
> > economical solution.  And, a scanner is more versatile.

---

Engineer1 (288)
2/3/2004 4:43:04 AM
Hi gm (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com),
in the Microsoft� newsgroups
you posted:

|| How do I import .pdf files into MS Publisher?

Not knowing your version, Scansoft has a utility that you can use that
support Word and Publisher 2003 and allows you to import PDF's into each
application.

http://www.scansoft.com/pdfconverter/

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Office Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
publisher (1245)

Importing messages #6

Import and export

Importing data

Opening Lotus *.123 files in Excel
Is there a convertion filter for opening Lotus *.123 files in Excel. I can convert *.wk? files, but I am unable to open *.123 (Lotus 1-2-3 Release 9 for Windows) files "Jim Warren" <Jim Warren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote... >Is there a convertion filter for opening Lotus *.123 files in Excel. >I can convert *.wk? files, but I am unable to open *.123 (Lotus 1-2-3 >Release 9 for Windows) files The .wk? file formats predated Microsoft securing +90% market share, so way back then they had to compete in terms of interoperability. The .123 file format came after Mi...

excel 97 xml import

Importing JEs through the Table Import

PUBLISHER TEXT BOX PROBLEMS
HOW DO I MAKE THE BACKGROUND OF A TEXT BOX BLACK AND THE WRITING WHITE? I CAN ONLY SEEM TO MAKE THE WHOLE PAGE BLACK. Three steps are needed. #1 Replace or fix your keyboard so it isn't stuck on Caps Lock. #2 Select the text frame and then color it black. #3 With the text frame selected, use Ctrl-A to highlight all text and click on the text color icon to choose white. -- Ron "cataloguemaker" <cataloguemaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCAF0C9F-1FE2-4A76-9431-CCB37FFCFF68@microsoft.com... > HOW DO I MAKE THE BACKGROUND OF A TEXT BOX BLACK AND ...

Importing Dynamic data

recover damaged excel file
I have a workbook creater with Excel 2000 just a few days ago but there's no way to open it. Coud anyone give me any suggestion? Hi, what message do you get?, ask your IT department usually they backup all the files, did you send the file to somebody? "Nora_Italy" wrote: > I have a workbook creater with Excel 2000 just a few days ago but there's no > way to open it. Coud anyone give me any suggestion? Thank you Eduardo. I don't get any error message, the file just doesn't open. Unfortunatately we backup files only once a month and I created...

Importing a CSV file

MS Publisher 2002 #3
I just got a new Dell PC with XP. I installed MS Publisher 2002 Deluxe with 3 CDs. I have installed all 3 CDs. I have access to a lot more clip art now but when I select clip art to insert, I get the message " file xxx is on 09PRMCD02, please insert disk". Why don't I have this disk and where do I get it? THanks. Have you tried inserting each of the disks (one at a time) to see if the file is on the disks? When you install the program, you have a choice as to whether you want to install all of the clip art or not. It defaults to "not". If that is the proble...

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

Publisher 2007 #11
Does anyone know how to make a postcard with 4 cards on one page? I can do this with Publisher 2003 with no problem...but 2007 defies me. annephiliben@bendcable.com wrote: > Does anyone know how to make a postcard with 4 cards on one page? I > can do this with Publisher 2003 with no problem...but 2007 defies me. All of the same design, different designs, or mail merged? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org In page setup select an Avery template. Works every time. 3263 is good. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news...

Back up file function no longer works
Although we have previously had no problem with running a backup of our Money 2002 file on file close, we now get an error message saying that "The operation cannot be performed." The filename is the same it always was. Any ideas? ...

log files in folder MDBDATA
is it safe to delete the log files that's in the folder MDBDATA? fanman36 wrote: > is it safe to delete the log files that's in the folder MDBDATA? This files will be deleted automatically after performing a full backup with NTBackup. They are used for recovery. -- Dana http://www.woodcontour.com Solid wood and stone PC Peripherals On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 22:15:01 -0700, "fanman36" <fanman36@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >is it safe to delete the log files that's in the folder MDBDATA? No, you should not manually delete those files. Use an Exchange awar...

import pdf table

importing email

File Size
Please note that this is not your typical file size question. I have a macro-enabled Excel 2007 file that varies in size from 15-100Mb depending on how much data I populate it with. Every day, in order to email this file out, I alter it by doing the following: Select all tabs (11 in all). Select all cells Copy/Paste Values Delete 5 of the tabs Save as a new Excel Workbook (not macro enabled) The new file size is now roughly 600Kb. However, all of a sudden, the changed file is about 2Mb. I made sure to delete all the excess rows/columns. I deleted the one macro that I h...

Excel 2003

Field missing upon XML import

Import / date questions
Hi I have imported a lot of email (15,000) from Thunderbird > converted from mbox > .eml - dragged the email into Outlook express and then imported into Outlook2003. All has worked fine ish- but a lot of messages have the "received" field set as todays date / time. If I select the "sent" field that is correct. Is there anyway to reset the date on an email message in outlook (ideally on mass) - what is the difference between the Sent field and the received field ? Thanks Hi Just did a check, and the data in outlook express is correct. Its when I did the impor...