Try importing, Insert, picture, from file.

If your sender cannot convert the file, send it to me and I will convert it for
you.
mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://msauer.mvps.org/
news://msnews.microsoft.com

"Ulli" <Ulli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:AFDF25F2-CCCE-4CFE-9D9C-4DD9924A1B7F@microsoft.com...
> Hi there, someone has sent me a .cdr file, is there a way to import it into
> Publisher?
>
> Thanks,
> Ulli

0
mary-sauer (6480)
3/6/2008 10:54:50 AM
Mary Sauer wrote:
> You can import a .cdr file in 2007. Not sure about the version however. I cannot
> import CorelDraw 12 images into Publisher.

I don't think the CorelDraw import filter has changed since it was
introduced, and that was for version 7 IIRC. It didn't even do that
properly.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

Have them send you a EPS, TIFF or JPEG. But you won't be able to edit it.

Matt Beals
Consultant
Enfocus Certified Trainer
Markzware Recognized Trainer
(206) 201-2320 - Main
(720) 367-3869 - eFax
mailto:matt@mattbeals.com

Come visit me at:

http://www.automatetheworkflow.com
http://www.mattbeals.com
http://forums.mattbeals.com

Friends don't let friends write HTML email

Ulli wrote:
> Hi there, someone has sent me a .cdr file, is there a way to import it into
> Publisher?
>
> Thanks,
> Ulli
0
matt4238 (148)
3/8/2008 8:49:15 PM
He did send the .cdr to me. Part of the image was a bitmap and part a vector. A
technical drawing. I sent it back to him as a vector and a .png. Some parts were
editable.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Matt Beals" <matt@mattbeals.com> wrote in message
> No.
>
> Have them send you a EPS, TIFF or JPEG. But you won't be able to edit it.
>
> Matt Beals
> Consultant
> Enfocus Certified Trainer
> Markzware Recognized Trainer
> (206) 201-2320 - Main
> (720) 367-3869 - eFax
> mailto:matt@mattbeals.com
>
> Come visit me at:
>
> http://www.automatetheworkflow.com
> http://www.mattbeals.com
> http://forums.mattbeals.com
>
> Friends don't let friends write HTML email
>

> Ulli wrote:
>> Hi there, someone has sent me a .cdr file, is there a way to import it into
>> Publisher?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ulli

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Importing messages #6

Import and export

Importing data

Opening Lotus *.123 files in Excel
Is there a convertion filter for opening Lotus *.123 files in Excel. I can convert *.wk? files, but I am unable to open *.123 (Lotus 1-2-3 Release 9 for Windows) files "Jim Warren" <Jim Warren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote... >Is there a convertion filter for opening Lotus *.123 files in Excel. >I can convert *.wk? files, but I am unable to open *.123 (Lotus 1-2-3 >Release 9 for Windows) files The .wk? file formats predated Microsoft securing +90% market share, so way back then they had to compete in terms of interoperability. The .123 file format came after Mi...

excel 97 xml import

Importing JEs through the Table Import

PUBLISHER TEXT BOX PROBLEMS
HOW DO I MAKE THE BACKGROUND OF A TEXT BOX BLACK AND THE WRITING WHITE? I CAN ONLY SEEM TO MAKE THE WHOLE PAGE BLACK. Three steps are needed. #1 Replace or fix your keyboard so it isn't stuck on Caps Lock. #2 Select the text frame and then color it black. #3 With the text frame selected, use Ctrl-A to highlight all text and click on the text color icon to choose white. -- Ron "cataloguemaker" <cataloguemaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCAF0C9F-1FE2-4A76-9431-CCB37FFCFF68@microsoft.com... > HOW DO I MAKE THE BACKGROUND OF A TEXT BOX BLACK AND ...

Bug in Money 2004 thru 2007
If you buy 2 lots of a mutual fund and then sell or transfer some of the shares (quantity greater than the original number of shares purchased in the first lot), the cost basis is incorrect. I demonstrated this to Microsoft and they agreed the results are wrong but they say "that is the way the program is designed", it is not a bug. To prove the bug for yourself, perform the following transactions. In investment account #1 6/1/2004 buy 422.9 shares of mutual fund FMIMX at a price of 19.00 and no commissions 2/1/2005 buy 795 shares of mutual fund FMIMX at a price of 22.00 and no ...

recover damaged excel file
I have a workbook creater with Excel 2000 just a few days ago but there's no way to open it. Coud anyone give me any suggestion? Hi, what message do you get?, ask your IT department usually they backup all the files, did you send the file to somebody? "Nora_Italy" wrote: > I have a workbook creater with Excel 2000 just a few days ago but there's no > way to open it. Coud anyone give me any suggestion? Thank you Eduardo. I don't get any error message, the file just doesn't open. Unfortunatately we backup files only once a month and I created...

Importing Dynamic data

Importing a CSV file

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

MS Publisher 2002 #3
I just got a new Dell PC with XP. I installed MS Publisher 2002 Deluxe with 3 CDs. I have installed all 3 CDs. I have access to a lot more clip art now but when I select clip art to insert, I get the message " file xxx is on 09PRMCD02, please insert disk". Why don't I have this disk and where do I get it? THanks. Have you tried inserting each of the disks (one at a time) to see if the file is on the disks? When you install the program, you have a choice as to whether you want to install all of the clip art or not. It defaults to "not". If that is the proble...

Publisher 2007 #11
Does anyone know how to make a postcard with 4 cards on one page? I can do this with Publisher 2003 with no problem...but 2007 defies me. annephiliben@bendcable.com wrote: > Does anyone know how to make a postcard with 4 cards on one page? I > can do this with Publisher 2003 with no problem...but 2007 defies me. All of the same design, different designs, or mail merged? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org In page setup select an Avery template. Works every time. 3263 is good. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news...

Excel 2007 Vista
When I try to opne Excel 2007 in Vista, the application appears with the lower status bar on top and greyed out, and complete blue in the middle - no spread sheet. I have to close using ALT-F4, try re-opening and it comes up that way again - then sometimes it opens up normally. Any ideas? -- Regards, Sean Liming Yes, same problem here. I thought I had tracked it down to Kaspersky Internet Security v6. Turning that off and immediately re-opening the file has worked for the last week but then it happened again last night and turning off Kaspersky had no effect. After retrying about ...

Back up file function no longer works
Although we have previously had no problem with running a backup of our Money 2002 file on file close, we now get an error message saying that "The operation cannot be performed." The filename is the same it always was. Any ideas? ...

log files in folder MDBDATA
is it safe to delete the log files that's in the folder MDBDATA? fanman36 wrote: > is it safe to delete the log files that's in the folder MDBDATA? This files will be deleted automatically after performing a full backup with NTBackup. They are used for recovery. -- Dana http://www.woodcontour.com Solid wood and stone PC Peripherals On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 22:15:01 -0700, "fanman36" <fanman36@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >is it safe to delete the log files that's in the folder MDBDATA? No, you should not manually delete those files. Use an Exchange awar...

import pdf table

importing email

File Size
Please note that this is not your typical file size question. I have a macro-enabled Excel 2007 file that varies in size from 15-100Mb depending on how much data I populate it with. Every day, in order to email this file out, I alter it by doing the following: Select all tabs (11 in all). Select all cells Copy/Paste Values Delete 5 of the tabs Save as a new Excel Workbook (not macro enabled) The new file size is now roughly 600Kb. However, all of a sudden, the changed file is about 2Mb. I made sure to delete all the excess rows/columns. I deleted the one macro that I h...

Publisher 2002 and Windows 98
Sorry for the newbie questions, but a prowl through the microsoft website was fruitful. Will Publisher 2002 run with Windows 98? Paul Laplante Absolutely! I have Office XP and Publisher 2002 running on a Win98se machine and it runs like a champ. "plep" <laplap33@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:k5WVa.4186$mv6.738972@news20.bellglobal.com... > Sorry for the newbie questions, but a prowl through the microsoft website > was fruitful. > > Will Publisher 2002 run with Windows 98? > > Paul Laplante > > Office yes but trying to install publisher 200...