image prints 'double' in normal and best mode

I have an image - a portait-style, rectangular 'directions' map to help
customers find my location which I created in publisher with lines and text,
etc, then grouped and saved as a jpg - that I am now trying to use
(inserted>from file) in a quarter-page card layout to be printed and cut for
inclusion with mailers.

If I print in 'fast draft' mode, this map look fine.  However, if I try to
print in normal or best mode, the image is messed up - the top half of the
rectangle is doubled; the bottom half is not printed.

Example:
the 'this is north' indicator, which is in the top left corner, is printed
twice, one above the other.

I can fax examples, if this is helpful.

WTF??

Thanks

I apologize, but I really am PO'd about this since I already sent some of
these messed-up mailers out not expecting Publisher to screw it up - I
*assumed* and didn't prrofread.   I paid for publisher and - so far - have
loved it.

Marshall

TheRealMVP wrote:
>snip<
> If I print in 'fast draft' mode, this map look fine.
> However, if I try to print in normal or best mode, the
> image is messed up - the top half of the rectangle is
> doubled; the bottom half is not printed.
>snip<
=======================================
Maybe this article will help:

(888185) Pictures print multiple times in a
Publisher 2003 publication
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=888185

--

John Inzer

0
oobie (2069)
1/6/2006 7:28:51 AM
Excellent!  Thank you very much.  There is nothing like baning your head
against a problem til late and having the answer first thing the next day!

TheRealMVP wrote:
> Excellent!  Thank you very much.  There is nothing like
> baning your head against a problem til late and having
> the answer first thing the next day!
========================
You're welcome.

Thanks for the update.

--

John Inzer

0
oobie (2069)

document imager
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel <i>have microsoft office for mac 2008, student edition, i am trying to scan a document so that i can edit it, older versions of word had something called OCR that would enable you to do this, i cannot find it on my version, how do i do it?</i> What you're referring to is Twain support which requires VBA. Since there's no VBA in Office 2008 there's no Twain support. The only real difference is that you cannot scan directly into your document. You'll need to use the software that c...

Why double click on row line moves me on the end of sheet?
I often work with Microsoft Excel 2003, but one thing makes me angry. Every time I double click on row line (when I try to double click field and I hit line by mistake), my selection moves to the end of the sheet. Why Excel does it? I don't think that anyone uses this for moving down. Would you mind changing this into next version of MS Excel? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follo...

Print Area Macro
Hi All I would like to write a macro which selects a range which I have named as the print area. I am able to select a print area by writing (for example): ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "$A$1:$A$10" However, if I name the range A1:A10 as "PrintArea" then I would think the following macro should work but it does not: ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = Range("PrintArea") If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated! Cheers Nick Hi Nick A string with the address of the cells to be printed is expected, so instead use: ActiveSheet.PageSetup.P...

snapshot viewer print protection error
When the user save or open a snapshot viewer file, it open ok. But when she wants to print, this message appears : C:\Program files\Snapshot Viewer\snapsh.....exe Address of the fonction 0x02... made a protection error. one or more page... The user is not Admin of her station. Is the program corrupt ??? ...

Printing a single label
In Publisher 2003 I can design a label to print on Avery paper but I cannot see how to print just one label instead of a whole sheet. Can it be done? Beemer Of course it can. Publisher is a page layout application and you don't have to use templates or wizards to accomplish simple tasks such as label printing. On a blank page, create a text frame and position it so it corresponds to the label position on the sheet. -- Ron "Beemer" <Beemer@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:uGGIG4J4FHA.2816@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > In Publisher 2003 I can design a label to pr...

How do I put a button on an excel spreadsheet to print a report?
Hi please help I want to put a button onto a excel spreadsheet (not the toolbar) that will print a report for me from another sheet, what macro do I use and what options do I use Regards Casper I would record a macro when I printed what I wanted. Then I'd use a button from the Forms toolbar and plop it onto that other sheet--and assign that recorded macro to that button. Your recorded macro may look something like: Option Explicit Sub Macro1() ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True End Sub I'd change it to be more specific (and give it a nice name): O...

Number of copies when printing
Can anybody help...? We are currently printing off a form that has been duplicated many times to obtain answers to many questions in a way of collecting clients requirements. The problem is that whenever we print the form with the answers, the default setting is 10 copies. This is not the default setting on the printer and all other documents from word, outlook etc, print just one copy. Is there a setting somewhere within the excel file that is forcing the 10 copies...? We did not generate the form originally and the company who did are unable to answer our question. Any help would be app...

Document Imaging
I have two issues related to this. First, Document Imaging is not showing in 2010 beta. I have done a complete install, and told the install to run all from my computer. I have Windows 7 64 and I cannot find Document Imaging. A related problem is on my machine also running 7 64 and I have Office 2007, Document Imaging appears but the Document Imaging Printer doesn't appear. Is this a 64 bit issue? If so, why are they making a big fuss that 2010 will be available in 64 bit. Why have the 64 bit if you have reduced functionality? ...

Cannot Print in offline mode
Help Please when i just setup RMS i also setup the offline feature and it worked ok , now about a year later i have now found out that it is not printing could someone say what could be the problem i have be using replication to update the database from the Main server i have however not included the transaction table in the group of replicated articles. Thanks ...

Best RBL servers ?
Hello, What's the best RBL servers ??? thanks for answering me .. Bye ! We use spamhaus.org and are happy. Someone on another newsgroup had issues with their heavyhanded blocking policies. Don Williams "Me" <yo@msf.fr> wrote in message news:O1dOflkoFHA.1148@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello, > What's the best RBL servers ??? thanks for answering me .. > > > Bye ! > > > ...

IMAGE
Hello I have set up some stationery but my nice crisp clean company logo looks poor qualiy when I do a test and receive it back in the email. It looks very good in outlook when sending but not so on receiving - does Outlook compress images to a certain quality - can I do something to ensure good quality image? thanks Jeff ...

Employee Turnover
I'm trying to figure out the best practice for me to follow when an employee leaves our organization. The nature of our business requires that email sent to a former employee be delivered to an active employee. I can, of course, configure forwarding on the mailbox in ADUC, but we would also like an auto-reply to go out to the sender informing them of the personnel change. Additionally, we don't want to keep mailboxes for old employees indefinitely, so we need to be able to eventually delete the old mailbox while still ensuring we don't miss any messages addressed to the f...

Add image over other images
Hey guys, Basically I have two pictures: A map (quite a large picture) A symbol (quite small and to be placed over the map at specified points) Anyone have any idea how I could go about this? Thanks in advance for any help! Am 05.05.2010 05:51, schrieb bourkeyo: > Basically I have two pictures: > > A map (quite a large picture) > A symbol (quite small and to be placed over the map at specified points) > > Anyone have any idea how I could go about this? Take a look at the following classes/methods: 'Bitmap': Constructor and 'Save' m...

print chart on full page
Hi, a basic print question. I have charts on several workshhets I am printing. Some of them print and take up the whole page, the background is greyed out. I want that for the rest of my charts but can't figure out what setting to use? I have tried the page setups print "print full page" which is how those charts are set or the "scale to fit page" setting but changing those is not working. Can someone tell me what I am missing? Thanks, Todd Move to a chart sheet. Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Todd" <Todd@discussions.microsof...

TreeCtrl and Images
I want to display normal and state images in my tree control from image list. Generally, treectrl displays checkbox first in a row and it then displays the normal image. Is it possible to reverse this order i.e. to show normal image before the state image ? On Jan 6, 10:44=A0am, shubhishubhi <shubhishu...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to display normal and state images in my tree control from image l= ist. > Generally, treectrl displays checkbox first in a row and it then displays= the > normal image. Is it possible to reverse this order i.e. to show ...

Print Area
Hello I hope someone will help me to solve my problem. I have the data from column A to G (from H.. everything is blank) and keep adding data below it. Is there any way I can run a macro to selec the print area by finding the last row? Eg: if I have data in 16 row and when I run the macro it should select the range A1-G16 and set th print area. Row 17 will have no data in it. Hope it is clear. Thanks in Advance Regds Tom -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Just set your print area to columns A:G - the whole column. This will print as much as you've got in the column wi...

Double Entry on Second Download
I am getting multiple entries for the same transactions downloaded from a GM Card MasterCard credit card company. I've contacted the credit card's support people and they were quick to blame the Money software but could give no recommendations on how to solve the issue. I am not having this problem with a number of other credit card suppliers and banking institutions. What happens is I have previously downloaded a transaction and making another download a few days later. The previously downloaded transaction is downloaded again but with a new date which now has a date a few days dif...

Capturing a screen image
I frequently write material to use in my classrooms and labs where my students use Excel XP. I would like to be able to do an old-fashioned PrintScreen, but this doesn't work any more. How can I print the entire screen image in my document? Thanks, Evelyn Depending on what you want, hit printscreen button or the printscreen button in combination with Ctrl or Shift. then go to your application, such as word or excel and do edit => Paste. This should give a bitmap picture of the part of the screen you captured. Regards, Tom Ogilvy Evelyn <elplummer@prodigy.net> wrote i...

Double-sided brochure
I feel rather stupid - but it seems like the Publisher brochures will only print one single side. My printer is capable of duplexing, and so I would like to print a double-sided brochure (without having to put the paper back in to send the print job for the second page). I have Publisher 2002, any suggestions on how I can create a double sided brochure (that can be sent as a single print job)? Sorry, I was stupid :) I see the "page 2" icon at the bottom now. "Ann Lomie" <alomie@none.com> wrote in message news:%23lCVura$EHA.2608@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I...

Help with print setup
Hi I am using Excel 2000 SP3. I have a Workbook with 59 worksheets and need to print out a part of each worksheet, it is the same area on every worksheet, is there a way I can set this up without having to set Print area and Page setup on each worksheet. thanks Daniel Group all the worksheets. Right click on a worksheet tab select "select all sheets" do the page setup once. rightClick on any of the worksheet tabs and select "ungroup sheets" If you leave those sheets grouped and start working on them, then almost everything you do to one, you do to all in the gro...

mirror image
I put together a floor plan for a home. I need to mirror or flip the floor plan 180 degrees but I can't seem to be able to do this. I selected the whole floor plan, clicked on shapes, rotate or flip, flip vertical but that only flips each shape. It keeps each shape stationary but flips it 180 degrees. That is not what I need to do. I want to be able to flip the whole image. For example. The garage, bedrooms and bathroom is on the south side. I want it to be on the north side instead. Can you help me? I just tried this. Select everything, group, then flip it. Appeared to work (at l...

image of folder as embedded object
how do i show an image of a folder and corresponding title using image control? for example, would have picture of folder followed by the words full fee schedule. what to copy that image and embed in form. building online documentation for a non technical user tried inserting picture thru image control thanks for your help ...

Changing a static image
I have put these lines in the OnInitDlg of a dialog CBitmap bitmap1; bitmap1.LoadBitmap(ID_BMP); ((CStatic *)GetDlgItem(ImageSecurity))->SetBitmap(bitmap1); with ID_BMP : a varaible memeber of the dlg ImageSecurity the label of the image The pb is that the image doesn't appear when the dlg is called, but the border of the image fit whell the id of the bitmap. thx a lot for any answer mathieu Your ImageSecurity static control should have SS_BITMAP style. Open the resource ( .rc ) file in a text editor and add the SS_BITMAP style. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] -------...

Form printing problem
Hi all, I have a form that holds customer records which we have been printing out for filing. I put a print record command button at the top of the form and this has been working perfectly for at least the last four years printing on plain paper using auto selection on the printer. Recently the form record has started printing onto header paper. It doesn't matter whether I change the properties on the printer it keeps printing to headed paper and the only way round was to put plain paper into the headed paper tray. We have now a new printer in the office which has been set as my defa...

Printing invoices to PDF
I am printing invoices to a file using the pdf option. It works good, EXCEPT that with each invoice within a batch the system prompts for a file name. Does anyone know how i can print the entire batch to one pdf file instead of creating one pdf file for each invoice? I am using Great Plains version 8, sp3 and printing the invoices in Project Accounting Major 8 build 60. Thank you If you have a PDF writer installed as a printer, you can direct the output to the printer. For example, I have PDF995 and use it when I don't have a physical device but still want to print the reports....