Image/Frame manipulation vs. QuarkXpress

I have a try version of Publisher 2003. QuarkXpress
allows the user to adjust, scale or reposition a
downloaded image within a fixed frame (the frame and
image can be adjusted independently). It appears that
Publisher does not have a similar ability.

Is this observation correct, or have I just overlooked
how to manipulate images?

Thanks --DB
0
ty-tv (1)

Everybody does stuff differently<G>

Have you tried right clicking on an image and selecting "format picture"
from the flyout?

investigate the possiblities in there. (esp the "crop" function). For
interactive, use the picture toolbar's crop function.

"DB" <ty-tv@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a try version of Publisher 2003. QuarkXpress
> allows the user to adjust, scale or reposition a
> downloaded image within a fixed frame (the frame and
> image can be adjusted independently). It appears that
> Publisher does not have a similar ability.
>
> Is this observation correct, or have I just overlooked
> how to manipulate images?
>
> Thanks --DB

0
mactno1 (79)
3/2/2004 5:39:59 PM
You can change the size of the picture to scale or just by dragging the
handles to suit.

donotknock (1942)
3/2/2004 8:54:40 PM
that affects both the picture frame and the content. I believe what the
poster wondered about was how to change one without the other changing as
well.

"���MS�Publisher���" <donotknock@nobodyhome.com> wrote in message
> You can change the size of the picture to scale or just by dragging the
> handles to suit.

mactno1 (79)

Outlook 2003 vs. Windows 2003 and Windows Xp Login
I've a setup where my clients are asked for login everytime they open Outlook. For some reason the system works different from XP to Win 2k3 When a XP user logs in it stores the Username in hkcu\software\microsoft\exchange And the next time he open outlook i remembers the Username. and asks for password. On 2k3, it dosn't write this, and ask for user and pass everytime. Wich makes login irritating for 2k3 users. Tried manualy to enter this info into registry, but no luck. Is that a limit in 2K3 or is there a "feature" i've not been able to discover. (also tried u...

document imager
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel <i>have microsoft office for mac 2008, student edition, i am trying to scan a document so that i can edit it, older versions of word had something called OCR that would enable you to do this, i cannot find it on my version, how do i do it?</i> What you're referring to is Twain support which requires VBA. Since there's no VBA in Office 2008 there's no Twain support. The only real difference is that you cannot scan directly into your document. You'll need to use the software that c...

Document Imaging
I have two issues related to this. First, Document Imaging is not showing in 2010 beta. I have done a complete install, and told the install to run all from my computer. I have Windows 7 64 and I cannot find Document Imaging. A related problem is on my machine also running 7 64 and I have Office 2007, Document Imaging appears but the Document Imaging Printer doesn't appear. Is this a 64 bit issue? If so, why are they making a big fuss that 2010 will be available in 64 bit. Why have the 64 bit if you have reduced functionality? ...

IMAGE
Hello I have set up some stationery but my nice crisp clean company logo looks poor qualiy when I do a test and receive it back in the email. It looks very good in outlook when sending but not so on receiving - does Outlook compress images to a certain quality - can I do something to ensure good quality image? thanks Jeff ...

Add image over other images
Hey guys, Basically I have two pictures: A map (quite a large picture) A symbol (quite small and to be placed over the map at specified points) Anyone have any idea how I could go about this? Thanks in advance for any help! Am 05.05.2010 05:51, schrieb bourkeyo: > Basically I have two pictures: > > A map (quite a large picture) > A symbol (quite small and to be placed over the map at specified points) > > Anyone have any idea how I could go about this? Take a look at the following classes/methods: 'Bitmap': Constructor and 'Save' m...

Capturing a screen image
I frequently write material to use in my classrooms and labs where my students use Excel XP. I would like to be able to do an old-fashioned PrintScreen, but this doesn't work any more. How can I print the entire screen image in my document? Thanks, Evelyn Depending on what you want, hit printscreen button or the printscreen button in combination with Ctrl or Shift. then go to your application, such as word or excel and do edit => Paste. This should give a bitmap picture of the part of the screen you captured. Regards, Tom Ogilvy Evelyn <elplummer@prodigy.net> wrote i...

DAO vs ADO
I found an article that contains DAO code to create a DSN-less link to SQL Server. This is exciting to me because I thought ADO must be used when the tables were on a SQL Server, and have been somewhat anxious about converting my existing DAO to ADO, and have even started using ADO in some of my new coding projects. Granted I'll have to re-code my existing VB when I transfer my tables to a SQL back end, in particular to define my data source, but can I in fact use DAO, as this article suggests? Also, generally, when using a SQL back end, when MUST I use ADO and when can I just use m...

TreeCtrl and Images
I want to display normal and state images in my tree control from image list. Generally, treectrl displays checkbox first in a row and it then displays the normal image. Is it possible to reverse this order i.e. to show normal image before the state image ? On Jan 6, 10:44=A0am, shubhishubhi <shubhishu...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to display normal and state images in my tree control from image l= ist. > Generally, treectrl displays checkbox first in a row and it then displays= the > normal image. Is it possible to reverse this order i.e. to show ...

mirror image
I put together a floor plan for a home. I need to mirror or flip the floor plan 180 degrees but I can't seem to be able to do this. I selected the whole floor plan, clicked on shapes, rotate or flip, flip vertical but that only flips each shape. It keeps each shape stationary but flips it 180 degrees. That is not what I need to do. I want to be able to flip the whole image. For example. The garage, bedrooms and bathroom is on the south side. I want it to be on the north side instead. Can you help me? I just tried this. Select everything, group, then flip it. Appeared to work (at l...

image of folder as embedded object
how do i show an image of a folder and corresponding title using image control? for example, would have picture of folder followed by the words full fee schedule. what to copy that image and embed in form. building online documentation for a non technical user tried inserting picture thru image control thanks for your help ...

Mortgage Loan vs Bills Summary autocalc issue
Ok, long time user of M.M., (to imply my compentency level.) Entered all necessary data into my "home mortgage" loan page, included all necessary information, (see example below). Created a "bill" in the "bills summary" section. Seems to work ok, with the exception that it calculates the principal in excess of $500. i.e.,. Principal + interest = $608 Additional (escrow) = $240 Total payment = $848 The amortization schedule calculates correctly. Go into Bills Summary and created the bill properly. When I try to add transaction, (make payment), total is c...

Changing a static image
I have put these lines in the OnInitDlg of a dialog CBitmap bitmap1; bitmap1.LoadBitmap(ID_BMP); ((CStatic *)GetDlgItem(ImageSecurity))->SetBitmap(bitmap1); with ID_BMP : a varaible memeber of the dlg ImageSecurity the label of the image The pb is that the image doesn't appear when the dlg is called, but the border of the image fit whell the id of the bitmap. thx a lot for any answer mathieu Your ImageSecurity static control should have SS_BITMAP style. Open the resource ( .rc ) file in a text editor and add the SS_BITMAP style. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] -------...

Images in Excel 2000
I'd like to import an 8 1/2" x 11" jpg image into an exel 2000 spreadsheet and be able to enter data into the cells and still see the image underneath. Is this possible and how do I do it. This would be impossible or nearly so using Microsoft Excel. You could do it with Word. http://www.officearticles.com/word/typing_on_top_of_a_scanned_form_in_microsoft_word.htm However, I think it's crazy to try it under any circumstances. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "cjones" <cjones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Different in 2007 vs 2003
I'm using 2007 working with charts and sharing with my customers that are saved in 2003. There is other data on the worksheet and everything is the same (down to the colum width) and duplicated on 28 worksheets in the workbook. On some sheets for it to fit in the designated area on the sheet, the chart size is 4.04 & 5.04 and another it will be 3.38 & 3.88. On the smaller size charts, it looks right on screen but print preview shoves the chart to the middle of the page. The page setup is fit to one page, and the same if it is centered on the page or not. If I move the ...

Displaying images in CListCtrl
Hi, I have a Report-style CListCtrl and I need to display an image in the second column of the list control. Calling SetItem() by specifying the image index from the ListCtrl's imagelist member and the subitem index corresponding to the second column does not work. I can only get the image to display in the first column, and I dont want the image there. Would appreciate any help in this regard. Thanks Gautham You're going to have to derive you're own class from CListCtrl and draw it yourself. Here are a couple of links to articles where they use bitmaps in CListCtrls that ma...

Exchange ActiveSync VS GoodLink
I am proposing an over the air e:mail solution, and I am looking for some comments. As I understand it, Exchange 2003 SP2 (which we are running) can do this with many wireless devices. However, I also see a lot of comments on GoodLink, which is a major cost increase. So, what do you get with GoodLink that you don't get with Exchange? Is it worth $2000 and $300 a user? Especially in a small office where I will probably never have more than 10 users? Thanks for any comments, Gordon On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 13:29:03 -0800, Gordon Price <GordonPrice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Signature image missing when reply or forward
I am using Outlook 2000 and i have created a signature for my email with an image and hyperlink which works fine for a new msg. But when I reply or forward an email the signature does not get the image, it appears as missing (outline box with X). Does anyone know whats going on? and what can I do to fix this?? Thanks, -SG You need to check the format of the message that you are replying to or forwarding. If the message is Plain Text then the graphic and hyperlink are not going to work. However if the message format is Rich Text or HTML it should work fine but HTML would be the best...

How to store an image in a xml file
Hi, Actually I would like to store an image file(bmp, gif, jpg, ...) in a XML file. So i was thinking about using a UUENCODING or a base64 and it shouldn't be difficult to do. Ex : <?xml version="1.0" ?> <resource version="0.1"> <object class="PictureBox"> <Data type="bmp">$^$^"�'$'^$"^'$�^'$�'$�'$^$'�^'$^</Data> </object> My problem is to reload this file because once I have read the UUENCODE and decoded the file I will have a full image in MEMORY. But ...

how can i view images if i'm searching for an image w/o clicking?
When I search for images and they are listed as links, is there a way to view them without having to click on them and place them or view their properties? Its the upgrade that I really don't like with 2003...it was nice to be able to see the images an choose which one I want without having to open every single one. Do you mean...Insert / Picture / From File? Try clicking...Views / Thumbnails...on the Insert Picture screen. -- John Inzer "Shari" <Shari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EBDD5307-1983-4F44-894D-78C5069E154F@microsoft.com... > Whe...

Conditionated visualization of an image
Hello, is it possibile to visualize an image into a cell only if the value of another cell is (for expaple) greater than 80%? Thanks Luca >Conditionated visualization of an image< ...

wrong images displayed / auto generated image names
I have been using publisher (2007) for a while now maintaining my son's website consisting of nothing but pictures. So far it has worked great. I am recently running into a problem where when I add new images, it somehow confuses the filenames (I guess) and displays older pictures from elsewhere in the site. I don't know if the problem is b/c of the quantity of images I have or what. I am aware that the images are renamed to imagexxx.jpg when published. Is there a maximum number of images that can be loaded? On a side note, I would also like to know if there is a way to allow vie...

question about ICON of frame display?
i use a customized icon for my app. and everthing is ok except that display in caption bar. i mean that it can be displayed in task bar, but for caption bar, it always is substituted by default app icon. so, how to display the customized icon in caption bar just like display in task bar. ps: there are 3 formats of size images in the customized icon, they are 16*16, 32*32, 48*48. and they are all true color. -- Frank F.Han +-----------------------------------------+ | winsays@:-)hotmail:-).com | +-----------------------------------------+ Did you create both a 32x32 and 16...

Securing a worksheet vs. HTTP
Suppose a worksheet is secured (user may not edit cells, select cells, format cells, etc.). If the file is served via http, it seems as if these security settings are not regarded. Is this correct, or do I make some error. Michael G. Schneider Sun, 23 Sep 2007 18:41:05 +0200 from Michael G. Schneider <mgs@newsgroups.nospam>: > Suppose a worksheet is secured (user may not edit cells, select cells, > format cells, etc.). If the file is served via http, it seems as if these > security settings are not regarded. Is this correct, or do I make some > error. Serving it ...

Publisher 2003, cannot view images only picture outline/border
Microsoft Publisher 2003 only displays a picture holder (an outline or border of a picture) in a Publisher document. Other users can view the document and see the images. Read the fourth FAQ here: Why can I not see images/shapes/lines when editing my publication? http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Rick Young" <RickYoung@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD4D3D35-376A-498C-8AE6-78909F500506@microsoft.com... > Microsoft Publisher 2003 onl...

money 2006 no longer runs after installing HP image zone
After installing HP image zone my Money 2006 no longer runs and I get an error saying I need to run setup to install some components. When I re-run setup it also does not complete saying it could not install certain components. I've tried uninstalling completely and then reinstalling as other posts suggest, but no luck. I'd like to know what components Money is installing toward the end of the install. The install runs most of the way and copies all its files, but toward the end it quits with the error message. Any one know what components it could be using? ...