Image and File Conversion Problem

When I convert my poster file to a PDF for pre-press the file created does
not include the hi-res photo image I included in the design. It includes all
other graphic elements, text boxes, etc. Not sure what to do. Anybody who has
had this issue or has a reccomendation would be greatly appreciated.

personal backup files
I am trying to export Outlook backup files (.pst) to my desktop so that I can then save them on CD. When I go to open them, a message says this is not a vaild WIN32 application. Am I doing something wrong in the process? Neil Dubin Don't export but simply copy your pst-file to a CD when Outlook is closed. When you want to restore it copy it back to your harddisk and remove the "Read Only" file attribute. Then connect to it by using File-> Open-> Outlook Data File. For more info see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-O...

Importing of files
My computer crashes and I have to install all my OS and software again. All my previous message in the outlook cannot be import back. I back up only the dbx files and did not do any export of message. Is this why I cannot import my message back? I am using outlook 2002 If you're using dbx files, you are not using Outlook "Ian" <muiok@pacific.net.sg> wrote in message news:026701c34e62$3b723d90$a501280a@phx.gbl... > My computer crashes and I have to install all my OS and > software again. All my previous message in the outlook > cannot be import back. I back up ...

How do I set up Publisher to find clip art file for border art?
I have Microsoft Office2003 installed with a typical install on a HP pavillion lap top using Windows Vista. When I try to add custom border art I am offered a collection of pictures from clip art, but when I select a picture and try to insert it into the border art I get a message that says "Publisher can not find file. I have exactly the same installation on an older desktop computer running XP and I have no problem. One help file I found says that this results from moving files or installing a new hard drive - but I have done none of these things. Why can't Publisher find...

reprot/query problem
How do i go about adding a parameter query to a report deisgned to make labels so that i get certain criteria in the report?? have tried record source haven't had much luck with it. Thanks ...

document imager
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel <i>have microsoft office for mac 2008, student edition, i am trying to scan a document so that i can edit it, older versions of word had something called OCR that would enable you to do this, i cannot find it on my version, how do i do it?</i> What you're referring to is Twain support which requires VBA. Since there's no VBA in Office 2008 there's no Twain support. The only real difference is that you cannot scan directly into your document. You'll need to use the software that c...

Help required on file transfer....
Hi i am Mujtaba working on file transfer application. Application should transfer and recieve files (any file any size). But i don't want to use FTP commands or WinInet classes. Could socket been used? if yes then CAsynSocket or CSocket for files what MFC class CFile of CSocketFile? My this application will run on LAN as well as on WAN. Could anybody please help me... Mujtaba The simplest way to transfer a file is to use the TransmitFile API. See http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/winsock/winsock/transmitfile_2.asp But it requires XP or Win2000 or bet...

Cannot create file error. Cannot open or save tif files...please h
Error I an receiving when trying to open a tif file as follows: Cannot create file:Remittance_advice.tif.right-click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder I am using windows vista and office 2007 outlook I cannot open or save a tif file. I can open all other file attachments. I can forward to another pc in my office and they can open. they can rename the tif and resend to me and I can open. original name is remittance_advice.tif and renamed is remittance_advice1.tif. this just start...

Dell Quad core. Office 2007. very slow to open a file
When I click on an xlsx or docx file it takes a long, long time for it to come up. This was also true with Office 2003 so I bought a copy of Office 2007. On Tue, 1 Jan 2008 07:45:01 -0800, the Count <the Count@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I click on an xlsx or docx file it takes a long, long time for it to >come up. This was also true with Office 2003 so I bought a copy of Office >2007. Do you have a question, Your Excellency? If you have questions about .xlsx files it might be well to post them in an Excel newsgroup; there are Word groups for .docx file...

fax problems in sbs 2003
hi, i recently installed a fax modem pci on windows server 2003 small business server with exchange server and in fax(local) properties the checkbox "disable the recepetion of new faxes" is turned on and when i turn off this option and click on apply gives me a checkbox error: unexpected error, and i�m logged with the administrator account anyone can help me resolve this? thanks, You should post this to an SBS newsgroup. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Pedro Geraldes" <pedrotiago19@hotmail.com> wro...

How do I convert an Excel file to a CSV file?
I am new to Excel and am trying to learn as I go. I am trying to convert my Excel Spreadsheet to an CSV file. Is there a simple way to do this? File>Save As>Save as Type In 2007 Button>Save As>Other Format>Save as Type You will find *.CSV in the list. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 14:21:02 -0800, beagleyt <beagleyt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am new to Excel and am trying to learn as I go. I am trying to convert my >Excel Spreadsheet to an CSV file. Is there a simple way to do this? ...

Can message be directed to file folder and recipient at the same t
Trying to send message to person x and at the same time have it filed in another folder other than the "Sent" folder. Is it possible to do this? Yes it is! Click on the Options button in that email and under Delivery Options there should be a checkmark to "Save Sent Message to" and you'll see that the default displayed is Sent Items. Click the Browse button and select your folder from the list. -- K. Orland Such as are your habitual thoughts, such also will be the character of your mind; for the soul is dyed by the thoughts - Marcus Aurelius "Jimp...&quo...

Child Window Problem
Hi! I have an application in wich i would like to show a non modal dialog in the client area of the window. I open the dialog,and i put it like a child window, but when i move the window the dialog continues in the same position. How can i make the dialog to be fixed in the same position in the window? These are the sentences i use to open the dialog: d = new dial(this); d->Create(IDD_DIALOG1,this); d->ModifyStyle(WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW,0); d->ModifyStyle(WS_CAPTION,0); d->ModifyStyle(WS_BORDER,0); d->ShowWindow(1); Thank you! I am assuming that you have MDI application ...

Excel file opens MS Excel Training Webpage When the Excel file ope
I have a file that I think was originally created using the on-line MS training. Now evertime I open the excel file the web page automatically opens. It's mostly just an annouance. I was able to copy the content into a new file and it stopped this behavior but I'd love to know how it happened and/or how to turn it off in the original file. Excel 2007 - mail merge file - opens thle link below everytime I open the excel file http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?ver=12&ver=12&app=excel.exe&AssetID=RH011206001033 Thanks John ...

Outlook problem #44
Hello I have deleted outlook 2003 (uninstalled it) I deleted the outlook data file storage area...and the fiels in it. But now when I reinstalled it, it pops up a message saying that it needs me to install outlook file2 or something similar it is a some kind of data file. But if its been deleted and reinstalled then why would it be asking for this file then it won't open it closes back up. Can anybody assist? Thanks You didn't delete your mail profiles from the Mail applet in Control = Panel. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jump...

Document Imaging
I have two issues related to this. First, Document Imaging is not showing in 2010 beta. I have done a complete install, and told the install to run all from my computer. I have Windows 7 64 and I cannot find Document Imaging. A related problem is on my machine also running 7 64 and I have Office 2007, Document Imaging appears but the Document Imaging Printer doesn't appear. Is this a 64 bit issue? If so, why are they making a big fuss that 2010 will be available in 64 bit. Why have the 64 bit if you have reduced functionality? ...

Opening separate files in excel...
When I want to open multiple files (by using the shift/ctrl key and selecting the files), I cannot get them to open in separate windows, they all open in one window and I have to go to Windows then select my file...Any suggestions?? Thanks!! Greg If you are using Excel 2000 or later, try: Tools | Options Make sure you are looking at the View Tab. Over near the right edge towards the top, you'll see a check boc for Windows in Taskbar. Make sure it is checked. If you are using Windows XP, you may have to Right-Click on your System Clock and choose Properties and turn off Group Simila...

convert money plus files into money 2007
I downloaded the new trailversion of money Plus. Now I do not like the new version of money Plus . I had money 2007, but now I cannot convert my money files from the Money plus version into the Money 2007 version. What can I do? When you converted your M2007 file to M+ there was a screen message telling you that it had made a backup. You *of course* made a note of this!?!? If you didn't go and look for a file *.m16. Rename this as *.mny and reinstall M2007. Of course you will have to reinput all transactions since the conversion. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money F...

Problems with 16x16 icon.
I have a dialog based application. The wizard inserted the following code in my OnInitDialog: // Set the icon for this dialog. The framework does this automatically // when the application's main window is not a dialog SetIcon(m_hIcon, TRUE); // Set big icon SetIcon(m_hIcon, FALSE); // Set small icon My problem is with the small 16x16 icon. It is displayed on the title bar of the application and in the task bar. It looks bad. I believe the system is shrinking my 32x32 icon. The result is a poor looking icon. Using the icon editor I added a nice 16x16 icon to my program's...

problem balancing 401K account
I recently switched to money 2005 deluxe. I never had a problem balancing my 401 k account using previous versions of money. I have money set up to transfer my 401 k withdrawl to the "cash" account tied to my 401 K account where it accoumulates until I recieve my qtrly 401 k statement that I can balance. The procedures I follow when attempting to reconcile my 401 K account are as follows: Investing > Protfolio Manager > 401 K retirment acct > cash transactions > More cash tasks > Balance an account > Enter info in from my statement > review summary a...

Transferring a file between computers
When copying a workbook file (with 2 worksheets) to a floppy or zip drive, and then transferring to a different machine and pasting the workbook file, one of the worksheets (sheet 2) comes up missing. Anybody ever have this happen? I've never seen excel do anything like this. I'd double check my work--make sure I'm sending the correct file, saving the correct file, and opening the correct file. Brent wrote: > > When copying a workbook file (with 2 worksheets) to a > floppy or zip drive, and then transferring to a different > machine and pasting the workbook f...

Camera Problem
When my mate and I have video call , I can see both my and his picture but he can only see me, own picture missing, if he uses tools, video audio set up he can see himself,, also he had vidio call to family in Australia and that was fine we are both using 2009 14.0.8089s please ...

Problem with query dates
Hi My records date range in the database is Betwene 20/05/20010 and 22/05/20010 . When my dateObject has a date of 24/05/2010 00:00:00, is shown me all the records less than this date, OK. But if I change the month, this date to 24/04/2010 00:00:00 shows the same records. That is even if I change the month the records that appear are always less than the 24 days without following month. There lies my problem. Note: My date style is dd-mm-yyyy and time is hh: mm: ss I really need to fix this.Seabra Dim Q1, SQL As String Dim DateTime1 As Date Dim ConnString As S...

cdo + Attachment + wave file
Hi All, I can retreive the Attachment object say for example a wave file "recording.wav" and read the actual data in the wave file from the mail using the code below Dim objSession as MAPI.Session Dim objFolder as MAPI.Folder Set objSession = CreateObject("MAPI.Session") objSession.LogOn Set objFolder = objSession.GetDefaultFolder(1) 'Inbox Set objMessage = objFolder.Messages.GetLast() Set objAttachment = objMessage.Attachments.Item(1) msg = objAttachment.Feilds(CdoPR_ATTACH_DATA_BIN).Value Now the msg has actual data "524946465E49030057415645666D742012000000...

PST2GB
I tried to use PST2GB to truncate my outlook.pst file but when running I received an error message to correct a file name - but no other information. The program will not run beyond this point. How do I determine which file name is a problem and the correction. ...

linked files
When I open a file it says it is linked to another file. When I check the links it is linked to a file I no longer have. How do I find where the link is coming from and get rid of it. Going to the Edit Links doesn't seem to get rid of the file. Charlie C Try Bill Manville's excellent "FindLink" utility .. It's available at Stephen Bullen's page: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Def�ault.htm -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "Charlie 5280" <Charlie 5280@discussions.microsoft.com>...