I would like to set up a templet of sorts to fill in the blanks for
certificates.
0
DrLao (1)

differences betw subforms and linked forms creating many-to-many link
I'm developing an Access application for my use as a teacher, in which there's a table of Students and a table of Classes. (A class itself is defined by a Course, a Semester, and a unique ID.) Classes and Students have a many-to-many relationship with a linking table imaginatively named Class_Student. I have a form that allows a teacher to see and modify the "roster" of the class. It is a typical form-subform deal where the main form is based on Class and the subform on Class_Student with fields pulled in from Student. The subform works great. I can add new students, an...

set MDB to default settings
Somewhere in the past few weeks, my scroll bars on the right of the db = have disappeared. I tried creating a new db. The scroll bars are there. I've opened other = db's created by this program. Scroll bars are there. This DVD video db has = lost the scroll bars, and I need it to scroll 1 inch below the horizon. I've set the properties scroll bars to both, and neither. Neither works. = both doesn't. horizontal and vertical don't work either. So I'm guessing that neither doesn't work either even though that's how it is. I tried placing another text ...

Front Page 2003 form problem
When I made a site with a form, in the "design" mode it shows the email recipient intended...when in preview mode, it says "WEBBOT-SELF"...when published, it gives me _vti_bin/shtml.exe/form%20Page.htm. HOW do I get this to send the form results to the intended email recipient? You set the recipients address in form properties - in design view, right click anywhere in the form and choose form properties. Complete the property sheets. Note that when the page is published the recipients email; address is open to view by all and sundry (including spammers) in Vi...

Is that a blank in your TextBox ...
.... or are you glad to see me? (Sorry, an oblique reference to an old Mae West line.) But seriously ... sometimes a blank in a TextBox means something very much different than nothing in the TextBox, but there is no visual clue to the end user which permits him to distinguish between the two cases - that I know of. So that's my question. Is there anything I can do with a standard TextBox which would make it visually obvious whether a string ended with the last visible character or had some number of trailing blanks? I suppose I can develop my own class which inherits ...

Font Size in Labels on Forms
How can I change the font size on a label in a form. There is no obvious option (in 97'). I have tried font.size = 12 etc to no avail... Cheers.... -- The Zero ST This worked in xl2003: Me.Label1.Font.Size = 12 Craig Coope wrote: > > How can I change the font size on a label in a form. There is no > obvious option (in 97'). > > I have tried font.size = 12 etc to no avail... > > Cheers.... > > -- > The Zero ST -- Dave Peterson On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 18:53:50 -0500, Dave Peterson <petersod@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote: >This worked in xl200...

I would like to
I would like to have the Sales rep printed on the receipt, how do I accomplish this? Craig, Download the Receipt - 40 column with Sales Rep from here; http://tinyurl.com/4gdbu You must have access to CustomerSource. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open with newsreader" under the MS Retail Management System on the right. http://tinyurl.com/75bgz ********** &qu...

Delete Blank Rows when Pivot Table included on sheet
Hi, I've run code to delete blank rows which works fine. That is, it works fine until I'm deleting blank rows on a sheet which also contains a few pivot tables. I encounter an error message regarding not being able to change pivot table. Here is my code: Thanks! Dim x As Long With ActiveSheet For x = .Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeLastCell).Row _ To 1 Step -1 If WorksheetFunction.CountA(.Rows(x)) = 0 Then ActiveSheet.Rows(x).Delete End If Next End With You can't delete or add rows to a Pivot Table. Delete...

Missing import filter for Word! Like "WordPerfect 5.1 (UNIX)" ...
I'm missing much import filter on Office-Mac (specially WordPerfect 5.1 UNIX for Word.mac). Office 95/97/2000/XP for windows have much more useful import filter. Why all this filter are missing in Office.mac????? Or are all them included in an additional package????? Hi Dieter, This question has been answered over and over again in the Macintosh Word newsgroup. Take a gander in that newsgroup for your answer. Office does not ship with a converter because a converter has not been built that does a good job with converting. Details are here: http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/General/WordP...

Does any one know method "checkDeletedRows"?
Hi, Does anyone know method "checkDeletedRows" in VBA? I have two ranges from two sheets and I need to find the row from rang B that doesn't contain in rang A according to the value in column A of both ranges ("the value is "ID") Thanks, Shlomit On Sheet2 create following formula to an extra column to check if the value exists on Sheet1 or not: =VLOOKUP(A2;Sheet1!$A$2:$A$100;1;FALSE) Formula will return #N/A, if Range on Sheet1 does not contain the value in the Column A. Regards, Mika Oukka "Shlomit" <Shlomit@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Datasheet Form
Dear all, I created a new form, then I put two unbound textbox. I modified his property to datasheet layout, but when I open it I can=B4t put more than one line of data. What can I do? Thanks Andr=E9. Can you use a continuous form instead? -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) <gatarossi@ig.com.br> wrote in message news:1185792638.118651.14560@w3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... Dear all, I created a new form, then I put two unbound textbox. I modified his property to datasheet layout, but when I open it I can�t put more than one line of ...

Read receipt Setting via Rule
Is it possible to set a "Read Receipt" request via a Rule? I am using Outlook XP I can set my Outlook to Always ask for a Receipt, but I don't want to do that. I can do it individually, but I would prefer an automated feature depending on message content eg those mails always sent to a specific e-mail address Thanks In news:siH8g.9037$j7.305360@news.indigo.ie, John <johnddd@yahoo.commie> typed: > Is it possible to set a "Read Receipt" request via a Rule? I am using > Outlook XP > > I can set my Outlook to Always ask for a Receipt, but I don...

Making Excel act like a database.
I need some help on a common problem in our company. We have several clients that we have agreed to do some Excel 2003 spreadsheets for. The spreadsheets analyze our performance for them. These spreadsheets follow a very specific formatting that the clients have gotten use to and are unwilling to change. When we have to update the spreadsheets once a month, it can take all day to do the updating for each client because we are currently using copy and paste to get the data in the right cells. I'll explain more in a second, but what I am hoping to find out from this posting is alternate...

How do I set "y" axis to numbers and labels to percentages on my .
-- Yvonne Mays Yvonne, If you double-click on the Y value axis, go to the Format Axis -> Number -> Percentage option to format the numbers and labels to percentages. ---- Regrards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "BYBaby" wrote: > > -- > Yvonne Mays ...

How to know if users can log in OWA?
Hello all I need to know if some users can logged in OWA. It's possible? May be it exists a log file or a register or something like this. I work with Exchange Server 2003 and Outlook 2003 as client. Thanks in advanced henpat Check the IIS log files are ask them? Nue "henpat" <henpat63@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eTjd%23eYIGHA.2668@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hello all > > I need to know if some users can logged in OWA. It's possible? > May be it exists a log file or a register or something like this. > > I work with Exchange Server 200...

setting a specific worksheet to open when accessing an excel file
Hey all, I'm wondering how I can open up an excel file and somehow make it s that when I open up the file it'll point to a specific worksheet. ie. if I had a huge excel file and was sending an web address t someone to see a specific part of that file, how do I extend th address to include that information.. eg http://somewerver.com/myexcelfile.xls,worksheet5 ?? Thank you for your time, BeeMa -- BeeMa ----------------------------------------------------------------------- BeeMan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2668 View this thread: h...

COMBINING CELLS WITH LIKE DATA
I HAVE A SPREADSHEET TO TRACK INTERNAL MACHINING SCRAP SIMILAR TO THE ONE BELOW. I AM LOOKING FOR A WAY TO INSTANTANIOUSLY COMBINE ALL THE TOTALS FOR CUSTOMER A OR PART 13112 OR MACHINE B9 ON ANOTHER SPREADSHEET IF ANYONE KNOWS OF A WAY TO DO THIS PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THANKS. DATE CUSTOMER PART MACH # QTY TOTAL 8/9/2004 A 111 B9 2 13.46 8/9/2004 S 123 B9 4 26.92 6/4/2004 S 123 C14 5 31.95 6/1/2004 M 2131 C14 12 29.88 7/22/2004 B 13123 C3 1 0.75 7/5/2004 A 12312 C4 1 0.75 7/5/2004 ...

My Headers are Spam Like
I have an Exchange 5.5 server on NT domain, the headers on messages say: received from <machine name>.<domain name> which is SERVERA.COMPANYB, and some sites are rejecting our mail as spam. I think it's a dns problem because SERVERA.COMPANYB doesn't resolve to anything. Is there any way I can get a .COM into that header? dlw wrote: > I have an Exchange 5.5 server on NT domain, the headers on messages > say: received from <machine name>.<domain name> which is > SERVERA.COMPANYB, and some sites are rejecting our mail as spam. > I think it's a...

setting up excell to add and subtract numbers.
I am strating to use Excell Check Register, and I am unable to add and subtract numbers. I would like someone to help me set this up. Thank you very much. Sincerley, Jay If you are using: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC010186511033.aspx Enter the credits and debits in columns F and G. If the balance in column H does not update then pull-down: Tools > Options > Calculation and check automatic Have a good day -- Gary's Student "Heartworks" wrote: > I am strating to use Excell Check Register, and I am unable to add and > subtract number...

filling cells with info from other file (unique id)
I like to know if its possible to get information from an excelfile and put this in another excelfile using a unique id-number. When I fill a cell in A-column with for example 12345, I want excel (or vbamacro?) to look in another file (xls\txt, or?) for 12345 and transfer the rowvalues to the corresponding columns in the worksheet I started with. Can anyone put me in the right direction how to do this? Is it some standard functionallityu of excel or is it something I have to program? Thnx --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You could use a VLOOKUP formula to extract data...

how do i set up for a 2 fold leaflet in publisher
im trying to create a 2 fold leaflet, can anyone tell me how to do that please A brochure? What version Publisher do you have? In 2002-03, File, New, Publications for print, brochure In 2007, Click Apply a Template, brochure. These templates will give you an idea on how to setup a two fold brochure. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "clairem" <clairem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:669A3F40-C3A8-42DD-B419-3D788236B852@microsoft.com... > im trying to create a 2 fold leaflet, can an...

Can I view image attachments in Outlook like they appear in Outlook Express?
Can I view image attachments in Outlook like they appear in Outlook Express, where they appear underneath the message body? Alternatively, can I "preview" them, rather than having to start up my image editing program just to see them? Thanks. No you can't view them inline. Have you tried changing the default program for opening images to your preview program so that it starts up automatically when you double click on an image attachment? "tasbill" <bill_griffin1@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:02c501c393c4$d8bc5480$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Can I view ima...

Auto Fill Setting
is there a way to have the fill color of a cell determined (set) by whether the number in that cell is positive or negative? Thanks! You can format a cell like that Chris select the cells Ctrl-1 choose number for example and choose a red colored format you like -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5FF6E69B-84D3-4D05-8D82-4EDC83D6B8C4@microsoft.com... > is there a way to have the fill color of a cell determined (set) by whether the number in that cell is positive o...

Send Brochure Electronically like It appear as if in print
I am re-posting this because someone replied to send as an attachment, but that doesn't have it appear as a 3 page panel brochure- does someone know how to do this (see below) I want to save my brochure so that it is not just 2 pages but looks like a 3 panel brochure that I would print -but I want to include it in an email and have it look like a 3 panel brochure is that possible. I was having trouble publishing to web-put I don't want to publish to a web page, just have someone who I want look at this brochure in electronic form but look at it as it would be if they received it if I...

Is there a way to display 'loading...' why the form or backend SQL do there thing? Steve You sure do "cover your bases." Way too many posts on the same topic. Try posting only one. screechyboy@googlemail.com wrote: >Is there a way to display 'loading...' why the form or backend SQL do >there thing? > >Steve -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

Resetting Form Fields
Hi, I have the following maco assigned to a check box in my form but it appears as the macro lock and unlocks the form all the form fields are reset, even though Ive got the No Reset option set to true it is still resetting them, is there an easy way to over come this? Thanks Robin Sub OnExitSite1a() Dim bProtected As Boolean Dim rText As Range Dim oFld As FormFields Dim sPassword As String Set oFld = ActiveDocument.FormFields Set rText = ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("CheckSiteResult1a").Range sPassword = "" 'password if any to unprotect the form &...