I want to use publisher to create a cover for a CD case

--
Rod the video guy
I want to have a picture on the front and back and text info on the spine.

In the Wizard under labels is a good place to start.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"Rod" <Rod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> --
> Rod the video guy
> I want to have a picture on the front and back and text info on the spine.
> Can this program do this and if so, which template or how do I do it?

Templates here
http://www.publishermvps.com/General/Templates/tabid/38/Default.aspx

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Rod" <Rod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> --
> Rod the video guy
> I want to have a picture on the front and back and text info on the spine.
> Can this program do this and if so, which template or how do I do it?

0
gsauer (5094)

a dll use a class in another lib project directly
Hi, I recently got a product with mutliple libs, dlls in VC++ 6.0. One thing puzzles me is that one of the dlls "directly" uses the classes in another lib project. Ususally we should put modifier _declspec( dllimport ) and _declspec( dllexport ) in the class declaration before the class can be used by another dll, right? But in these shared classes, the modifier is just absent. Do you have any clue? Any hint is much appreciated. JD ...

want questions

Microsoft Publisher always printing in mirror
Everytime I print from Publisher 2003, it prints as a mirror image. The setting is set to "off" in the advanced settings tab. All other Office products print correctly. I have all latest updates and printer drivers loaded. Any ideas? This is usually a function of your printer. Look at the printer setup to see if you have mirrored printouts enabled. It could be a t-shirt setting on some printers. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "mmatthews60" <mmatthews60@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5FAC3F89-2951-4DCD-88F6-48CB6BF29FCE@microsoft....

How to use CButton::SetBitmap()
Thank you for trying to help. Simon Jeffries told me that in order to get a bitmap on a CButton I had to set the OwnerDraw flag and override the DrawItem function to do the drawing, or have a CBitmapButton variable and use the LoadBitmaps function to set the bitmaps for pressed/depressed etc. Wow that seems like a lot of work and I don't think that even involves CButton::SetBitmap(). Can anyone send me a working code chunk that illustrates how to use CButton::SetBitmap() ? Thanks to Simon Jeffries for the help so far. Thanks. Ivan Have you looked at tons of samples at www.codeguru...

I want more!

using LDIFDE to export/import proxyaddresses
Hello, Here is my question. We are installing a software that might affect users' proxyaddresses. To be on the safe side, I did an ldifde export of all the users' proxyaddresses so we can import them if needed. The problem we are having is that eventhough when using logparser to modify a csv and convert it to an ldf file to format the file, we run into the issue that proxyadddreses is a multivalued attribute. Does anyone have a way to do this. Are you trying to add proxyAddresses, or simply export them? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.e...

Using MFC ActiveX control in ASP
I'm using VS.Net 2003 to create a very simple ActiveX control in MFC. The control has no ui and just a few properties and methods. What do I need to do to make it work in a classic ASP page? Currently any time I try to set a property on my control {after calling 'Set obj = Server.CreateObject(...)'} I get this error: Error Type: (0x8000FFFF) Catastrophic failure I can successfully use my control from a C# Winforms app. What am I missing? -Brett- > What do I need to do to make it work in a classic ASP page? It needs a standard COM and/or an IDispatch interface. Does i...

How to export the search result when using Advanced find in Outloo
I am using Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003 and want to count the total email size used at different timeline e.g. current month, last month, or a period of dates specified etc. but seems Outlook does not provide a ready-made view for such sort. I therefore use the Advanced find to specific the criteria, search result displayed but it does not give me what I want i.e. total size, unless it could export out to a table. Can someone tell me how to export out the search results? Maybe this works for you: In the advanced search click File/Save as search Folder. Then in that search...

Text want wrap in text box

Can't change default print resulotion in Publisher 2003
In Publisher 2003, I tried to change the print quality via the "Printer Properties" dialog box, but that didn't change the print resolution. I clicked "Advanced Print Settings..." in the print dialog box, but the only drop-down choice next to "Resolution" is "Default," which doesn't say what the default is but seems to be set at Super-fine. How do I cange the print resolution to Normal or Draft? Thank you. Don Burgess <DonBurgess@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > In Publisher 2003, I tried to change...

Search Using Address Bar Does Not Work
Hi, I'm using IE8 and running Windows XP, SP3. I used to be able to type a word or phrase into the address bar and it would go to a google search and give suggestions. Now when I type something in it just says, "Internet Explorer cannot display page." Any ideas on what's wrong and how to fix? Thanks! Why would you search from the Address Bar instead of from the Search Box? "Angel Fire" <AngelFire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA8D68E5-B72E-4191-ABCB-F1341078EF14@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I'm using I...

Insert .psd in Publisher 2003
I'm trying to insert a logo that is a .psd into Publisher. When I hit insert, it asks me what I'm trying to convert from. What do I do? Is it possible to insert a photoshop file, or do I need to convert it first? You'll need to change the format of the Photoshop file before you insert it in your document. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "brenda" <brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F8C6E5D-C83E-4FEC-92D8-CFA24A00AA92@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to ...

Using Outlook 2003 to check netscape mail.
I want to use MS Outlook 2003 to check my netscape mail. I setup the account in MS Outlook for to check netscape mail and it says that it can't log onto the server. Is there anyone who can give me any information on how to fix this? jakebraucht@yahoo.com Won't work. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Jake asked: | I want to use MS Outlook 2003 ...

Microsoft Publisher`
How come Office for the Mac does not come with Microsoft Publisher yet it comes with the Office for the pc? Because there is no Mac version of Publisher. WinOffice doesn't come with Entourage, either. There's even an FAQ: http://www.microsoft.com/office/publisher/prodinfo/faq.mspx "Q. Is there be a Macintosh version of Publisher 2003? A. No. There are no plans to develop a Macintosh version at this time. However, we monitor the Macintosh customer segment continually to assess whether customer demand would be sufficient to develop Microsoft Publisher on that platform." S...

Using Machine Name in DOS Batch
Hello, I am running a script against a list of SQL Servers using a DOS Batch file. The .bat generates one output file per SQL Server instance. I can use the destination SQL Server names in the output file names, but I can not use the destination machine names. It brings the lcal machine name and use it on all the out put files. Could you tell me how I can achieve that? set dt=none set tm=none for /F "tokens=2-4 delims=/ " %%i in ('date /t') do set dt=%%i%%j%%k for /F "tokens=5-6 delims=:. " %%i in ('echo.^| time ^| find "current"...

Want to Add more Sub description Field

Why is .NET 2.0 required to deploy an app using VC2005 C++ Setup project?
I just created a setup project for my mfc app. I noticed that in the prerequisites section the .NET 2.0 is checked by default. My app does not need the framework (at least this is what I think). If I clear the checkbox, build the project, and then try to deploy it on a machine with ..NET 1.1 the installer fails with a message complaining about missing .NET 2.0. I'm not sure if this the installer that needs the framework or my app. Are there any mfc8 dlls dependant on the framework? Thanks Hi, > I just created a setup project for my mfc app. I noticed that in the > p...

Net Use Question
I have a simple Workgroup at home and all I want to do is share a drive. Primary computer is set up with Login: phil Password:123 IP 192.168.60.155 Shared Name: e Drive I want: E: I want to set this up so it will auto login every time from my other computer. This is what I used. net use e: \\192.168.60.155\e password:123 /User:phil /Persistent:Yes It tells me the password is bad. If I just use: net use e: \\192.168.60.155\e /user:phil It then prompts me for the pw and i just type in 123 and everything works. How do you get it to take the password? Thanks! ...

Using VBA to Print PDF Files
Hi: My customer has PDF spec sheets for their inventory items. When a pick ticket is printed, they wish to print the PDF spec sheets for each item on the pick tickets. I am very comfortable with the report event structure and know exactly how to get to the PDF files using VBA, but I am having a problem getting the docs printed. I've taken two approaches: 1. Drop ACROPDF.dll onto a User Form in the VBA project. To do this, I created a procedure on the form as shown: Public Sub PrintPDF(FileName As String) AcroPDF1.LoadFile (FileName) AcroPDF1.printAll PDFPrinter.Hide End Sub T...

How do I create custom size labels (not Avery)?
I've been given Office Max labels that are 1 X 2.8125 with no margins. They sit 3 across and 11 down for a total of 33 labels/page. I've not found an Avery product that matches. Older versions of Publisher allowed one to create such labels, but I can't find a way in the latest Office version. rlawr <rlawr@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I've been given Office Max labels that are 1 X 2.8125 with no > margins. They sit 3 across and 11 down for a total of 33 > labels/page. I've not found an Avery product that matches. Old...

Excel wants to create a page break in every cell!
After saving revisions in an Excel worksheet, I get a popup message that states "Margins do not fit page size". After clicking "ok" (because this is my only choice) a page break is automatically created in ever cell. At times(depending on the sizeof the work sheet) it can be over 100 pages with a page size 14% or smaller. Why does this happen, and how can I avoid it? I saw this suggestion in a different forum. Try closing excel. Clean up your windows temp folder Windows start button|Run type: %temp% and hit enter Clean all those files that you ca...

True Memory Use
Helloa, I have developed a app using MFC, dialog based and using dynamically linked MFC libs instead of static. My EXE size is about 300kb (release mode) and yet the task mgr says its using closer to 7MB - I understand that the MFC code may take a fair bit, and the std 1MB for the stack. Is there a way to find out the exact memory usage? (taskmgr seems to fib) as I am trying to work out the system requirements for running 10, 50, 100 copies of this program etc. - Mark R > Is there a way to find out the exact memory usage? Try using Performance Monitor. In Run, type "perfmo...

How are dialog controls created ?
In my Dialog I have a control subclassed from CEdit but neither Create() nor PrecrateWindow() gets ever called. Why is this? The only way to modify properties I found is to override PreSubclassWindow(). WindowProc() fails too. TIA, Hans LRESULT CPwdEdit::WindowProc(UINT message, WPARAM wp, LPARAM lp) { switch (message) { case WM_CREATE: TRACE0("WM_CREATE\n"); // never get here break; . . } That's right. Neither can be called, because the create happens long before you subclass, and consequently there can be no PreCreate call. PreSubclassWindow is the correct place to...