I want to use BradleyHand ITC font

I would very much like to use BradleyHand ITC in my website.  For a lot of
folks that isn't a problem,  but for some they will view it in the default
font for publisher.  Is there a way to define a different default font for
those machines that don't have BradleyHand ITC?  There are a few "web" fonts
I wouldn't mind having as a substitute if the person didn't see it in
BradleyHand ITC.  I guess in other words is there a way to define two
different fonts to be used?

Thanks and I'm using Publisher 2000

Howard
0
Howard5145 (82)

You either need to use an universal font or change the part where Bradley Hand is
used into an image. These are the fonts installed with the Internet Explorer 5 (6
isn't listed here). The Internet Explorer usually defaults to a generic font.
http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/product.aspx?PID=82

More here
http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/default.aspx

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Howard" <Howard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would very much like to use BradleyHand ITC in my website.  For a lot of
> folks that isn't a problem,  but for some they will view it in the default
> font for publisher.  Is there a way to define a different default font for
> those machines that don't have BradleyHand ITC?  There are a few "web" fonts
> I wouldn't mind having as a substitute if the person didn't see it in
> BradleyHand ITC.  I guess in other words is there a way to define two
> different fonts to be used?
>
> Thanks and I'm using Publisher 2000
>
> Howard

0
gsauer (5094)
3/2/2005 8:21:11 PM
...and that was the question.  If someone has BHITC on their computers it will
display the way I want it to.  Most folks with Photoshop have it.  However,
if they don't, is there a way to change the generic default to one of the
other fonts that IE uses?

It's a hard question to phrase, but I think if you read it carefully you
will understand what I am poorly trying to convey.

Thanks
Howard

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> You either need to use an universal font or change the part where Bradley Hand is
> used into an image. These are the fonts installed with the Internet Explorer 5 (6
> isn't listed here). The Internet Explorer usually defaults to a generic font.
> http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/product.aspx?PID=82
>
> More here
> http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/default.aspx
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "Howard" <Howard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I would very much like to use BradleyHand ITC in my website.  For a lot of
> > folks that isn't a problem,  but for some they will view it in the default
> > font for publisher.  Is there a way to define a different default font for
> > those machines that don't have BradleyHand ITC?  There are a few "web" fonts
> > I wouldn't mind having as a substitute if the person didn't see it in
> > BradleyHand ITC.  I guess in other words is there a way to define two
> > different fonts to be used?
> >
> > Thanks and I'm using Publisher 2000
> >
> > Howard

0
Howard5145 (82)
3/2/2005 9:15:37 PM
If your viewers are using the Explorer, then any font that is generic to the Explorer
will view correctly. I am not sure how what you want works, maybe some code?
Ask this here:
(This will setup Microsoft newsgroups in your news reader)
--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> ..and that was the question.  If someone has BHITC on their computers it will
> display the way I want it to.  Most folks with Photoshop have it.  However,
> if they don't, is there a way to change the generic default to one of the
> other fonts that IE uses?
>
> It's a hard question to phrase, but I think if you read it carefully you
> will understand what I am poorly trying to convey.
>
> Thanks
> Howard
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> You either need to use an universal font or change the part where Bradley Hand is
>> used into an image. These are the fonts installed with the Internet Explorer 5 (6
>> isn't listed here). The Internet Explorer usually defaults to a generic font.
>> http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/product.aspx?PID=82
>>
>> More here
>> http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/default.aspx
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MS MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> "Howard" <Howard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I would very much like to use BradleyHand ITC in my website.  For a lot of
>> > folks that isn't a problem,  but for some they will view it in the default
>> > font for publisher.  Is there a way to define a different default font for
>> > those machines that don't have BradleyHand ITC?  There are a few "web" fonts
>> > I wouldn't mind having as a substitute if the person didn't see it in
>> > BradleyHand ITC.  I guess in other words is there a way to define two
>> > different fonts to be used?
>> >
>> > Thanks and I'm using Publisher 2000
>> >
>> > Howard

0
gsauer (5094)
3/2/2005 10:10:35 PM
Thanks Mary,  I shall give it a try.  Unforunately, I am married to
BradleyHand ITC.  I wouldn't mind Lucinda Script as a second and I think IE
uses that, so if I could have BHITC show first and Lucinda second I would be
happy.

Have a great night,
Howard

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> If your viewers are using the Explorer, then any font that is generic to the Explorer
> will view correctly. I am not sure how what you want works, maybe some code?
> Ask this here:
> (This will setup Microsoft newsgroups in your news reader)
> --
> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "Howard" <Howard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > ..and that was the question.  If someone has BHITC on their computers it will
> > display the way I want it to.  Most folks with Photoshop have it.  However,
> > if they don't, is there a way to change the generic default to one of the
> > other fonts that IE uses?
> >
> > It's a hard question to phrase, but I think if you read it carefully you
> > will understand what I am poorly trying to convey.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Howard
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> You either need to use an universal font or change the part where Bradley Hand is
> >> used into an image. These are the fonts installed with the Internet Explorer 5 (6
> >> isn't listed here). The Internet Explorer usually defaults to a generic font.
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/product.aspx?PID=82
> >>
> >> More here
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/default.aspx
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >> "Howard" <Howard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Howard5145 (82)
3/2/2005 11:23:02 PM
Does the entire site have to be in that font or just a small portion of it?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Howard" <Howard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would very much like to use BradleyHand ITC in my website.  For a lot of
> folks that isn't a problem,  but for some they will view it in the default
> font for publisher.  Is there a way to define a different default font for
> those machines that don't have BradleyHand ITC?  There are a few "web"
> fonts
> I wouldn't mind having as a substitute if the person didn't see it in
> BradleyHand ITC.  I guess in other words is there a way to define two
> different fonts to be used?
>
> Thanks and I'm using Publisher 2000
>
> Howard

0
jl_amerson (3088)
3/3/2005 1:49:35 AM
Howard wrote:
> ... I am married to
> BradleyHand ITC.  I wouldn't mind Lucinda Script as a second and I think IE
> uses that, so if I could have BHITC show first and Lucinda second I would be
> happy.    ....
 > <snip>
> I guess in other words is there a way to define two

You can certainly do what you want but you're going to have to take a
look at your markup and not let your program do all the work for you.
Here's the coding:
body { font-family: BradleyHand, Lucinda script, arial, sans-serif; }

Put that in your html. Make sure you use the EXACT names of the fonts
you want or it won't work. End up with an alternate font that everyone
will have (choose serif or sans-serif) as the final choice.

You can do many things with your webpage but you have to get under the
hood, so to speak. If you expect Publisher or FrontPage or any WYSIWYG
program to make your webpage, it's going to be generic and full of
errors and bloated markup. There are a number of free programs that you
can use to make web pages.

Here is an absolutely fabulous resource for all basic (and not so basic)
HTML and CSS questions (and it's NOT just for kids!):
http://www.lissaexplains.com/basics.shtml

Hope this helps!

--

Hugs, Erika
0

That's exactly what I needed.  I'll also check out the link.  My site is for
my photography and I had hoped to never have to do my own web page, but
paying someone didn't work out very well.  I'd rather spend my time shooting
and processing:-)

Hugs right back at cha
Howard

"Erika" wrote:

> Howard wrote:
> > ... I am married to
> > BradleyHand ITC.  I wouldn't mind Lucinda Script as a second and I think IE
> > uses that, so if I could have BHITC show first and Lucinda second I would be
> > happy.    ....
>  > <snip>
> > I guess in other words is there a way to define two
>
> You can certainly do what you want but you're going to have to take a
> look at your markup and not let your program do all the work for you.
> Here's the coding:
> body { font-family: BradleyHand, Lucinda script, arial, sans-serif; }
>
> Put that in your html. Make sure you use the EXACT names of the fonts
> you want or it won't work. End up with an alternate font that everyone
> will have (choose serif or sans-serif) as the final choice.
>
> You can do many things with your webpage but you have to get under the
> hood, so to speak. If you expect Publisher or FrontPage or any WYSIWYG
> program to make your webpage, it's going to be generic and full of
> errors and bloated markup. There are a number of free programs that you
> can use to make web pages.
>
> Here is an absolutely fabulous resource for all basic (and not so basic)
> HTML and CSS questions (and it's NOT just for kids!):
> http://www.lissaexplains.com/basics.shtml
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> --
>
> Hugs, Erika

0
Howard5145 (82)
3/3/2005 10:41:04 AM
Hi JoAnn,
I would like the entire site to be in BHITC.  My business logo is in the
same font and I really like it.  I tried turning my text into graphics by
inserting a plank picture frame behind the text, etc. as explained in one of
the help pages, but that doesn't seem to work and you can't insert a black
picture using 2000 like you can in 2003.  I switched back to 2000 after
finding 2003 loads pages way too slow and adds visible place holders.

I think Erika has pointed me in a good direction for now.  The remark about
getting under the hood is probably right, but I was hoping not to get my
hands dirty:-)

Bests,
Howard

P.S. Take a peek at my site, passmanpix.com, if you have a minute and
BradleyHand ITC.  The font just works.

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:

> Does the entire site have to be in that font or just a small portion of it?
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "Howard" <Howard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I would very much like to use BradleyHand ITC in my website.  For a lot of
> > folks that isn't a problem,  but for some they will view it in the default
> > font for publisher.  Is there a way to define a different default font for
> > those machines that don't have BradleyHand ITC?  There are a few "web"
> > fonts
> > I wouldn't mind having as a substitute if the person didn't see it in
> > BradleyHand ITC.  I guess in other words is there a way to define two
> > different fonts to be used?
> >
> > Thanks and I'm using Publisher 2000
> >
> > Howard

0
Howard5145 (82)
3/3/2005 10:49:02 AM
Howard wrote:
> Thank you Erika,
>
> That's exactly what I needed.  I'll also check out the link.  My site is for
> my photography and I had hoped to never have to do my own web page, but
> paying someone didn't work out very well.  I'd rather spend my time shooting
> and processing:-)

You're welcome. Do you have a site up that we could look at?

--

Hugs, Erika
0

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> Hi JoAnn,
> I would like the entire site to be in BHITC.  My business logo is in the
> same font and I really like it.  I tried turning my text into graphics by
> inserting a plank picture frame behind the text, etc. as explained in one of
> the help pages, but that doesn't seem to work and you can't insert a black
> picture using 2000 like you can in 2003.  I switched back to 2000 after
> finding 2003 loads pages way too slow and adds visible place holders.
>
> I think Erika has pointed me in a good direction for now.  The remark about
> getting under the hood is probably right, but I was hoping not to get my
> hands dirty:-)
>
> Bests,
> Howard
>
> P.S. Take a peek at my site, passmanpix.com, if you have a minute and
> BradleyHand ITC.  The font just works.
>
> "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Does the entire site have to be in that font or just a small portion of it?
>>
>> --
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>

>> "Howard" <Howard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I would very much like to use BradleyHand ITC in my website.  For a lot of
>> > folks that isn't a problem,  but for some they will view it in the default
>> > font for publisher.  Is there a way to define a different default font for
>> > those machines that don't have BradleyHand ITC?  There are a few "web"
>> > fonts
>> > I wouldn't mind having as a substitute if the person didn't see it in
>> > BradleyHand ITC.  I guess in other words is there a way to define two
>> > different fonts to be used?
>> >
>> > Thanks and I'm using Publisher 2000
>> >
>> > Howard

0
gsauer (5094)
3/3/2005 2:05:01 PM
O.K. you can critic the site or the photography, but not both:-)
www.passmanpix.com
It's pretty much done and I like the looks if you have BHITC.  It's probably
obvious I like simple, clean looks.

Be nice.
Howard

"Erika" wrote:

> Howard wrote:
> > Thank you Erika,
> >
> > That's exactly what I needed.  I'll also check out the link.  My site is for
> > my photography and I had hoped to never have to do my own web page, but
> > paying someone didn't work out very well.  I'd rather spend my time shooting
> > and processing:-)
>
> You're welcome. Do you have a site up that we could look at?
>
> --
>
> Hugs, Erika

0
Howard5145 (82)
3/3/2005 2:15:06 PM
Howard wrote:
> O.K. you can critic the site or the photography, but not both:-)
> www.passmanpix.com

Your website is excellent! It is clean and not cluttered. Very elegant!
Very professional looking!

The photos are very lovely also. Some of them look like paintings (the
farm).

--

Hugs, Erika
0

I'm very happy with the main page, pretty happy with the individual gallery
pages, semi happy with the picture pages and not thrilled with the main
"Galleries" page.  It's a work in progress:-)

Glad you liked some of the images.  That's the part I love doing.

Thanks for your help again.  As soon as time permits I will be working on
both of the suggestions.  Have a wonderful weekend!

Bests
Howard

"Erika" wrote:

> Howard wrote:
> > O.K. you can critic the site or the photography, but not both:-)
> > www.passmanpix.com
>
> Your website is excellent! It is clean and not cluttered. Very elegant!
> Very professional looking!
>
> The photos are very lovely also. Some of them look like paintings (the
> farm).
>
> --
>
> Hugs, Erika

0
Howard5145 (82)
3/4/2005 9:47:06 AM
Good Morning Mary,
I will try a few more colors on my little warning.  I want to stay with the
BHITC as far as the font.  Boy, am I single minded or what:-)

If I had a clue of what I was doing I might add a little bit of graphics
especially to the "Galleries" page, but I don't so it will have to wait for
an inspiration.

Have a great weekend!

Howard

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Hey Howard, Visited your site. Looks great. One suggestion, the red text does not
> show up well on the index page, might want to change the color and or the font. Look
> here:
> http://msauer.mvps.org/more_graphics.htm
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "Howard" <Howard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi JoAnn,
> > I would like the entire site to be in BHITC.  My business logo is in the
> > same font and I really like it.  I tried turning my text into graphics by
> > inserting a plank picture frame behind the text, etc. as explained in one of
> > the help pages, but that doesn't seem to work and you can't insert a black
> > picture using 2000 like you can in 2003.  I switched back to 2000 after
> > finding 2003 loads pages way too slow and adds visible place holders.
> >
> > I think Erika has pointed me in a good direction for now.  The remark about
> > getting under the hood is probably right, but I was hoping not to get my
> > hands dirty:-)
> >
> > Bests,
> > Howard
> >
> > P.S. Take a peek at my site, passmanpix.com, if you have a minute and
> > BradleyHand ITC.  The font just works.
> >
> > "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Does the entire site have to be in that font or just a small portion of it?
> >>
> >> --
> >> JoAnn Paules
> >> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> >>

> >> "Howard" <Howard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Howard5145 (82)
3/4/2005 9:53:04 AM
Howard wrote:

> If I had a clue of what I was doing I might add a little bit of graphics
> especially to the "Galleries" page, but I don't so it will have to wait for
> an inspiration.

Howard! KEEP IT SIMPLE! That is why it's so elegant. DON'T clutter it up
with a lot of crap!

--

Hugs, Erika
0

want questions

a dll use a class in another lib project directly
Hi, I recently got a product with mutliple libs, dlls in VC++ 6.0. One thing puzzles me is that one of the dlls "directly" uses the classes in another lib project. Ususally we should put modifier _declspec( dllimport ) and _declspec( dllexport ) in the class declaration before the class can be used by another dll, right? But in these shared classes, the modifier is just absent. Do you have any clue? Any hint is much appreciated. JD ...

How to use CButton::SetBitmap()
Thank you for trying to help. Simon Jeffries told me that in order to get a bitmap on a CButton I had to set the OwnerDraw flag and override the DrawItem function to do the drawing, or have a CBitmapButton variable and use the LoadBitmaps function to set the bitmaps for pressed/depressed etc. Wow that seems like a lot of work and I don't think that even involves CButton::SetBitmap(). Can anyone send me a working code chunk that illustrates how to use CButton::SetBitmap() ? Thanks to Simon Jeffries for the help so far. Thanks. Ivan Have you looked at tons of samples at www.codeguru...

I want more!

using LDIFDE to export/import proxyaddresses
Hello, Here is my question. We are installing a software that might affect users' proxyaddresses. To be on the safe side, I did an ldifde export of all the users' proxyaddresses so we can import them if needed. The problem we are having is that eventhough when using logparser to modify a csv and convert it to an ldf file to format the file, we run into the issue that proxyadddreses is a multivalued attribute. Does anyone have a way to do this. Are you trying to add proxyAddresses, or simply export them? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.e...

Using MFC ActiveX control in ASP
I'm using VS.Net 2003 to create a very simple ActiveX control in MFC. The control has no ui and just a few properties and methods. What do I need to do to make it work in a classic ASP page? Currently any time I try to set a property on my control {after calling 'Set obj = Server.CreateObject(...)'} I get this error: Error Type: (0x8000FFFF) Catastrophic failure I can successfully use my control from a C# Winforms app. What am I missing? -Brett- > What do I need to do to make it work in a classic ASP page? It needs a standard COM and/or an IDispatch interface. Does i...

How to export the search result when using Advanced find in Outloo
I am using Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003 and want to count the total email size used at different timeline e.g. current month, last month, or a period of dates specified etc. but seems Outlook does not provide a ready-made view for such sort. I therefore use the Advanced find to specific the criteria, search result displayed but it does not give me what I want i.e. total size, unless it could export out to a table. Can someone tell me how to export out the search results? Maybe this works for you: In the advanced search click File/Save as search Folder. Then in that search...

Search Using Address Bar Does Not Work
Hi, I'm using IE8 and running Windows XP, SP3. I used to be able to type a word or phrase into the address bar and it would go to a google search and give suggestions. Now when I type something in it just says, "Internet Explorer cannot display page." Any ideas on what's wrong and how to fix? Thanks! Why would you search from the Address Bar instead of from the Search Box? "Angel Fire" <AngelFire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA8D68E5-B72E-4191-ABCB-F1341078EF14@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I'm using I...

Text want wrap in text box

Using Outlook 2003 to check netscape mail.
I want to use MS Outlook 2003 to check my netscape mail. I setup the account in MS Outlook for to check netscape mail and it says that it can't log onto the server. Is there anyone who can give me any information on how to fix this? jakebraucht@yahoo.com Won't work. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Jake asked: | I want to use MS Outlook 2003 ...

Using Machine Name in DOS Batch
Hello, I am running a script against a list of SQL Servers using a DOS Batch file. The .bat generates one output file per SQL Server instance. I can use the destination SQL Server names in the output file names, but I can not use the destination machine names. It brings the lcal machine name and use it on all the out put files. Could you tell me how I can achieve that? set dt=none set tm=none for /F "tokens=2-4 delims=/ " %%i in ('date /t') do set dt=%%i%%j%%k for /F "tokens=5-6 delims=:. " %%i in ('echo.^| time ^| find "current"...

Why is .NET 2.0 required to deploy an app using VC2005 C++ Setup project?
I just created a setup project for my mfc app. I noticed that in the prerequisites section the .NET 2.0 is checked by default. My app does not need the framework (at least this is what I think). If I clear the checkbox, build the project, and then try to deploy it on a machine with ..NET 1.1 the installer fails with a message complaining about missing .NET 2.0. I'm not sure if this the installer that needs the framework or my app. Are there any mfc8 dlls dependant on the framework? Thanks Hi, > I just created a setup project for my mfc app. I noticed that in the > p...

Want to Add more Sub description Field

Net Use Question
I have a simple Workgroup at home and all I want to do is share a drive. Primary computer is set up with Login: phil Password:123 IP 192.168.60.155 Shared Name: e Drive I want: E: I want to set this up so it will auto login every time from my other computer. This is what I used. net use e: \\192.168.60.155\e password:123 /User:phil /Persistent:Yes It tells me the password is bad. If I just use: net use e: \\192.168.60.155\e /user:phil It then prompts me for the pw and i just type in 123 and everything works. How do you get it to take the password? Thanks! ...

Using VBA to Print PDF Files
Hi: My customer has PDF spec sheets for their inventory items. When a pick ticket is printed, they wish to print the PDF spec sheets for each item on the pick tickets. I am very comfortable with the report event structure and know exactly how to get to the PDF files using VBA, but I am having a problem getting the docs printed. I've taken two approaches: 1. Drop ACROPDF.dll onto a User Form in the VBA project. To do this, I created a procedure on the form as shown: Public Sub PrintPDF(FileName As String) AcroPDF1.LoadFile (FileName) AcroPDF1.printAll PDFPrinter.Hide End Sub T...

Tip to count and list fonts in Excel sheet
Hello, I have a large Excel sheet, with various fonts used, and I want to kno how many fonts are in the sheet and their name. Anyone can give me a ti to do this job in a simple way -- NetScorpiu ----------------------------------------------------------------------- NetScorpium's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2520 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38688 ...

Outlook 2000 software with huge font size
Hello: Running Win98 and Outlook 2000. When I open outlook, the font on EVERYTHING from within the program is abnormally large. I did a View dropdown to "text size" and "medium" is selected. Anybody know what the fix is for this. Thank u all :) RossJ Are you using Word as the editor? If yes, then open a new message and check the zoom settings. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer rossj <rjacobs1@socal.rr.com> asked: | Hello: | | Running Win9...

Excel wants to create a page break in every cell!
After saving revisions in an Excel worksheet, I get a popup message that states "Margins do not fit page size". After clicking "ok" (because this is my only choice) a page break is automatically created in ever cell. At times(depending on the sizeof the work sheet) it can be over 100 pages with a page size 14% or smaller. Why does this happen, and how can I avoid it? I saw this suggestion in a different forum. Try closing excel. Clean up your windows temp folder Windows start button|Run type: %temp% and hit enter Clean all those files that you ca...

True Memory Use
Helloa, I have developed a app using MFC, dialog based and using dynamically linked MFC libs instead of static. My EXE size is about 300kb (release mode) and yet the task mgr says its using closer to 7MB - I understand that the MFC code may take a fair bit, and the std 1MB for the stack. Is there a way to find out the exact memory usage? (taskmgr seems to fib) as I am trying to work out the system requirements for running 10, 50, 100 copies of this program etc. - Mark R > Is there a way to find out the exact memory usage? Try using Performance Monitor. In Run, type "perfmo...

using TODAY() in MS Query?
I have a query built in MS Query. I'd like to set it up so it returns results only from the previous month (e.g., for this month it would only return results from January). I tried to set the criteria for the date field to >EOMONTH(TODAY(),-2) AND <= EOMONTH(TODAY(),-1) but MS query does not recognize the TODAY() function. Is there something else i can use? rachael MS Query uses Date() instead of Today() Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "rachael" wrote: > I have a query built in MS Query. I'd like to set it up so it returns resul...

using iif but coming up with error#
ok i have the if down but its causing me a brain drain lol i want to divide my hours utilised by the amunt of pallets moved but all its coming out with is an error# sign PPH: IIf([Delivery Type]="Palletised",[hours]/[pallets]) PPH = pallets per Hour any ideas There are two things that stand out. First, you have no False condition specified in your IIf. That is what value to assign if [Delivery Type]<>"Palletised" The other is that you cannot divide by zero or Null. You need to include code to transform the values of 0 and Null for the divisor and you need ...

select the number of rows using shortcut keys
Not able to select the number of rows using shortcut keys (SHIFT+DOWNARROW OR UPARROW) So what happens when you hit SHIFT + Downarrow? Should move down and select the next row as well as start row. SHIFT + END + Downarrow should select to next blank row. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 05:03:01 -0800, Naidu Samudrala <Naidu Samudrala@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Not able to select the number of rows using shortcut keys (SHIFT+DOWNARROW OR >UPARROW) ...

WANTED
WTB: I BUY SOFTWARE - CHECK AROUND - YOU PROBABLY HAVE SOME OF THE BELOW TO SELL TO ME. SEE A LIST OF SOME OF THE SOFTWARE THAT I AM BUYING! I AM BUYING ALL OF THE BELOW. THE MORE QUANTITY THE BETTER! I am looking to buy large quantities of Windows 7 Professional Upgrade Dell DVDs with unactivated COAs included in a SEALED package I am looking to buy quantities of SYMANTEC NORTON ANTI VIRUS, NORTON INTERNET SECURITY AND 360 OEM AND RETAIL BOXES I will buy 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007 and 2006. If you have good quantities setting around and no longer need send me detai...