Does anyone know how to fix this?
0
Shari (15)

Shari wrote:
> Does anyone know how to fix this?
================================
Are you editing text on the Master page?

--

       John Inzer
    MS Picture It! -

      Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/695

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie (2069)
1/17/2008 10:25:53 PM
Yes, I thinnk so.  :-)  I'm not on the background.  It's an 8 pg brochure I'm
creating and it didn't do it before I added page 8.

"John Inzer" wrote:

> Shari wrote:
> > Does anyone know how to fix this?
> ================================
> Are you editing text on the Master page?
>
> --
>
>        John Inzer
>     MS Picture It! -
> Digital Image MVP
>
>       Digital Image
> Highlights and FAQs
> http://support.microsoft.com/ph/695
>
>             Notice
> This is not tech support
>       I am a volunteer
>
>  Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

0
Shari (15)
1/17/2008 10:52:01 PM
Shari wrote:
> Yes, I thinnk so.  :-)  I'm not on the background.  It's an 8 pg
> brochure I'm creating and it didn't do it before I added page 8.
==================================
Which version of MS Publisher are you using?

The Master page is the background.

--

       John Inzer
    MS Picture It! -
Digital Image MVP

      Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/695

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie (2069)
1/17/2008 11:09:31 PM
I fixed the problem, still not sure how it happened, but I was able to fix it.

"John Inzer" wrote:

> Shari wrote:
> > Does anyone know how to fix this?
> ================================
> Are you editing text on the Master page?
>
> --
>
>        John Inzer
>     MS Picture It! -
> Digital Image MVP
>
>       Digital Image
> Highlights and FAQs
> http://support.microsoft.com/ph/695
>
>             Notice
> This is not tech support
>       I am a volunteer
>
>  Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

0
Shari (15)
1/17/2008 11:33:00 PM
Shari wrote:
> I fixed the problem, still not sure how it happened, but I was able
> to fix it.
==================
Excellent!

Thanks for the update.

--

       John Inzer
    MS Picture It! -
Digital Image MVP

      Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/695

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie (2069)
1/17/2008 11:39:05 PM
Can you share how you fixed it? I am always trying to fix other peoples
creations.
Bob

Shari wrote:
> I fixed the problem, still not sure how it happened, but I was able to fix it.

0
mmpdallas (9)
1/24/2008 8:56:22 PM
Edit, Undo Synchronize.
If you want to redo synchronize in the current publication, tools, options, User
assistance.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Bob Wright" <mmpdallas@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Can you share how you fixed it? I am always trying to fix other peoples
> creations.
> Bob
>
> Shari wrote:
>> I fixed the problem, still not sure how it happened, but I was able to fix
>> it.

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Pie of Pie Chart type with smaller pie showing slices of main slic
Hi How can I do the following: Lets say I have the following labels and data For the main pie I have A,B,C labels with A =5, B =10, and C =20. So my main pie would show 3 slices with C being the largest slice. To do this I highlight the 3 labels and their data and choose Insert, Pie, Pie in a Pie to show a main pie on the left with 3 slices and a smaller solid pie to the right with series lines connectiing them. I want to show the solid smaller pie on the right in several slices to show how the C slice of 20 is broken down. lets say the main slice C of 20 is made up ...

Typing in macros
I have made a few macros and use them in word and excel 2000. When I see typed out macros on the message boards I am not quite sure how to use them. Do I go into the editor, type them in and then link them with a button on the toolbar? What module do I put them in and is there one for the personal worksheet. I have been struggling with the syntax of Visual Basics for years. Just need a step by step explanation. Thank You Sue In general, the macros you see in the groups are likely to be ordinary macros that will go into a general module in the VBE, eg:- Hit ALT+F11 and this will...

Drop down box with country list #3
Hi Bob, Thanks for your good suggestion, appreciate it! John. Bob Phillips Wrote: > John, > > You could easily find a site with all the countries in, and paste that > in, > such as http://dir.yahoo.com/Regional/countries/. > > Linking to a web site would be difficult to incorporate in the DD, plus > it > may be off-line, it seems better to me to just copy it down. > > -- > HTH > > Bob Phillips > > "john liem" john.liem.1p9vhm@news.officefrustration.com wrote in > message > news:john.liem.1p9vhm@news.officefrustration.com.....

Dcount with Text
I would like to use the something like the database count function DCOUNT to count the number of cells with specific text. For instance, in a database of schools, how many schools have electricity with the options being "HAVE" and "DOESN'T HAVE". I know I could manually add a column with 1s or 0s to achieve this, but is there away to do this with text?? Thanks =COUNTIF(range,"HAVE") Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 10:52:20 -0500, "ChuckN" <Chuck@newmanArchitecture.com> wrote: >I would like to use the something lik...

Some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types?
Hi, I am getting the above error message everytime I try to insert a chart or any type into a completely blank presentation using either the Insert, Chart command or the Insert Chart button in the Title and Content slide layout. I am using 2007. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. TIA, Shane Devenshire Try running Office Diagnostics, Shane. Open PPT or Excel, hit the Office button, then <app> Options | Resources. I think that may resolve this issue. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007...

Open File Dialog to fileter multiple file types at once...?
Hello, Here is another quick one for you all. The solution is probably simple, but I cannot find the answer anywhere. I have the following code: CFileDialog OpenDlg(TRUE, NULL, NULL, OFN_ALLOWMULTISELECT | OFN_HIDEREADONLY, ""); // Later must set this to retrieve a value from the registry OpenDlg.m_ofn.lpstrInitialDir = "c:\\"; OpenDlg.m_ofn.lpstrFilter = "txt Files\0*.txt\0Doc Files\0*.doc\0"; OpenDlg.DoModal(); I am trying to get the box to filter out everything but the *.doc and the *.txt files ... I have seen some boxes that have something that...

Full-Text Indexing performance
I've read where Microsoft recommends rebuilding your FTI once per week. However, I have one server with a 100GB information store & the FTI only indexes about 1.5-2GB per hour. If you do the math you'll see it's not feasable to reindex every week. The server is a brand-new Dell 2600 with dual P-IV 2.8 GHz CPU's, 3GB RAM and a dedicated mirrored set of drives for the FTI (system & transaction logs share a mirrored set & the databases are on a RAID-5 array). It's running Win2K3 & E2K3 (not SP1). The server only has about 70 mailboxes on it. Also, the over...

Rectification of wrong posting type
Hi There is one PL account say "Mic Expenses" has got wrong posting type "Balance sheet", when we closed the year 2005 ,System has brought forward the balance of that account into next year 2006, which otherwise should have been gone into the Retain Earning of 2006, is there any option to rectify this error, other then passing rectifying JV in 2005(coz in that case if I take last year TB then ending balance of this account would be Zero) or restoring the backup and doing closing procedure again. Thanks in Advance Shabnam There is a Article ID for this in partner s...

default # print copies changed
My Excel 2002 default number of copies has somehow changed to two (2) - whether I click on the printer icon, use CTRL- P or, go to FILE and choose PRINT - the default is set to two copies. Does anyone know how to return this setting to one (1) copy? Thank you. Ron I was able to duplicate this problem by changing the printer properties. When you open the PRINT > FILE dialog box, choose PROPERTIES just to the right of the box where you select a printer. I'll bet you will find that your printer property is set to 2 copies. Reset it to ! and the problem should be fixed. >-...

Duplicating Text To Another Spreadsheet
I created a form in Word, cut and pasted it into Excel on three different spreadsheets. How can I format the spreadsheet to copy text to the other two spreadsheets without having to enter text three different times? Please advise and thank you in advance Check out Excel help on "select multiple sheets" Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 19:14:17 -0700, "The Inquirer" <sonymw@msn.com> wrote: >I created a form in Word, cut and pasted it into Excel on three different >spreadsheets. >How can I format the spreadsheet to copy text to the oth...

Average every seven cells, then copy formula
On my Averages worksheet, I have the following formulas: In Cell A2: ="Week " & WEEKNUM(Sheet1!E2,1)& " - " & TEXT(Sheet1! E2,"mm/dd/yy") In Cell B2: =AVERAGE(Sheet1!F2:F8) 'compute values based on blocks of 7 successive rows I'd like to be able to COPY these formulas to row 3 so that the formulas in Row 3 begin on Row 9 of Sheet1, Like this: Cell A3: ="Week " & WEEKNUM(Sheet1!E9,1)& " - " & TEXT(Sheet1!E9,"mm/ dd/yy") Cell B3: =AVERAGE(Sheet1!F9:F15) 'compute values based on blocks of...

click on a cell copy to another sheet

Text Box Formatting

need help to declard type=IntType instead type="xsd:int" with xml schema
Hi, I am writing C# code to produce xml schema. //Create attribute XmlSchemaAttribute att2 = new XmlSchemaAttribute(); att2.Name = "CustomerID"; att2.SchemaTypeName = new XmlQualifiedName("int",schemaNS); att2.Use = XmlSchemaUse.Required; ct.Attributes.Add(att2); I need to produce schema with custom data type instead of the xsd:string or xsd:int The code above will produce the following schema <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <xsd:schema attributeFormDefault="unqualified" version="1.0" xmlns:xsd=...

Scatterplots with different colors based on Type of Data
Is it possible to plot a scatterplot with different colors for 2 sets of data? E.g Type of Agreement MRP Discount% Limited 10 5% UnLimited 20 10% I want to show different colors for Limited & Unlimited. Is it possible to plot scatterplots on both axis(Primary & Secondary) Please let me know. Thanks, Satish If I use this range to make a chart Limited 10 5% Unlimited ...

outlook type interface
I have an SDI application and want to change it so I have a split window, on the left I want a TreeControl above a 'PropertyGrid' control. Then my exisiting SDI Client in the space on the right Can anyone point in the right direction to achieve this Any help will be much appreciated Thanks Phil You need to use two CSplitterWnds (as members of your CMainFrame). Override CMainFrame::OnCreateClient and create a vertical splitter as the main child (i.e. 1 row, 2 cols). Then you want to create a horz splitter as a child of the left-hand pane of the main splitter (which has 2 rows, 1 c...

neededing to make text pivot table if possible
I need to look at my employees names & the job they did on each particular day. Maybe something similar to the pivot table could help. Something that I could pull one persons name and every date & the job they did I could easily see. Or I could pull the job title and I could see the data that way. Is there a way to put this information into the spreadsheet in a certain way where some formula can help me?? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Jewels, If you show how your data is set out it may help to advise you. If you're staring from scratch, I'd make sure th...

VSTO Excel 2003 to VB 6.0 Type mismatch
Hi, I have an Addin 2003 Application. In this Application I'm calling an VB 6.0 Dll and I send Excel Application Object as Parameter. In VB Project I'm using Workbook_Open event with WithEvents. I have a messagebox there. Unfortunately when i call VB dll , I get this Error Message -- > Type mismatch. Is there any Idea? Code in VS2008 : private Project1.Class1 vbapp; private void ThisAddIn_Startup(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { #region VSTO generated code this.Application = (Excel.Application)Microsoft....

predictive typing of addressee
I am frequently sending sensitive email to a person who has a very common name. More than once I have almost sent the email to the wrong party because of the Outlook feature that predicts the addressee name. Does anyone know how to eliminate names from the dropdown list that appears as you type tha addressee name? Or is there a way to stop addressee names from appearing automatically as you type in the "To" field. Any help will be appreciated. joanne Use arrow keys to highlight error address, then hit Delete Btn Do you use Contacts?, hitting the 'To' Btn will bri...

convert text to numbers #3
I have negative numbers in my worksheet that are text such as –6.90%. I try converting them to number using the paste special multiple or add and they stay as text. When I sort the columns in descending order they continue to come out as text and right justified. could it be the the negative sign is not a real negative sign. –6.90% –5.61% –5.37% –35.80% Hi Copy one minus-sign Select the range with values. Check, that range is formatted as numeric or general. Replace all minus-signs with "-". It's done! (you had there 'long -', which you get when you enter double ...

How to convert CString type to LPCSTR type
Hi, I have a CString type variable, and I need to convert it's to LPCSTR type ,what I can do! example: CString m_strExecFile(_T("C:\\\\aa.exe")); next I want to call WinExec Command to execute this file LPCSTR lpcstr ; lpcstr = m_strExecFile.GetBuffer(); WinExec(lpcstr,SW_SHOW); BUT the compilier tells me it can not convert w_char * to LPCSTR type! Why? ps. I use vs2005 program in UNICODE mode. Any helpful ideas would be highly appreciated! -joseph Why use a CString in this case at all, if all you are doing is using it in WinExec. Something ...

"Can't change data type" error
I'm trying to reduce the field size of text fields in my database. They defaulted to 255 characters when I created my database but in many cases I only need a size of around 20. When I enter the reduced size for one field in the table design view and try to save the change to that field I get the following errors: "Microsoft Access can't change the data type. There isn't enough diskspace or memory." When I click OK to the above I then get the following message: "Errors were encountered durnig the save operation. Data types were not changed. Properties w...

Comment: Default Text Size etc...
Hi, Can I change the default size of the comment, and the text within? I have tried to play with each one but that is a pain in the butt. I have searched for it to no avail. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you, Kevin Try this (It's a setting in windows, not in Excel): Right-click on any empty space in *windows desktop* > choose Properties Select Appearance tab* > click "Item" dropdown menu > choose "Tooltip" Choose a Font and Size to taste (You can also change the color here) Click OK > Apply > OK *If in WinXP, click "Advanced&qu...

Aggregate data types mismatch
Using reporting services 2008. Getting a really weird error when calculating a variance between a budget and actual amount in the report. Both the underlying fields are of data type 'money', but when performing the calc in the report writer, i am getting the following error: [rsAggregateOfMixedDataTypes] The Value expression for the textrun 'Variance_MTD_ActualvsBudget1.Paragraphs[0].TextRuns[0]' uses an aggregate function on data of varying data types. Aggregate functions other than First, Last, Previous, Count, and CountDistinct can only aggregate data of a si...

Using text in place of values
Hi there - I'm new to Excel but I can't figure out how to use text in place of numeric values. I'm building an invoicing worksheet - so one column indicates the hourly rate, the other lists the amount of time billed at that rate. So for example, in one column it says "Design" and in the next column it says 4.00 hrs. Design is billed at $35.00 per hour - so somehow I need to tell Excel that "Design" = $35.00 and then have it do the multiplication between the two cells. Any ideas? Thanks for your help! Gabe Silverman Gabe I would set up your tasks and thei...