I know that this is a test, but have been unable to post.

I am having a problem posting a problem to microsoft.public.officeupdate, 
microsoft.public.outlook.general and microsoft.public.windowsupdate. I can 
post to microsoft.public.publisher. So, maybe with this post it will arrive 
somehere.

My problem is that recently when closing Office Outlook 2007 on my Windows 
Vista Ultimate system I have noticed that I get a message that Outlook 2007 
did not close correctly and that the data file is being checked for errors.

I went to Outlook's Help drop down menu and chose Office Diagnostics. After 
the system completed its process, I learned that Office has not been 
updated...

When I go to Windows Update (Windows is up to date) and Click on Get updates 
for more products button, it takes me to the Microsoft site to Try Microsoft 
Update today, I click on the Start Now button, I then receive the following:

[Error number: 0x8DDD0002]
  To install updates from this website, you must be logged on as an 
administrator or a member of the Administrators group on your computer. If 
you use Windows XP, you can see if you are an administrator by going to User 
Accounts in Control Panel.

Note: If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings 
might also prevent you using this website. Contact your system administrator 
for help with updates.

On the newsgroups, I found a reference to: 
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316524

I have performed Methods 1 thru 4, with no positive results.
Method 5 results in an "access denied" message.

Method 6 also provides nothing positive.

Any suggestions as to why I can't post to the newsgroups and to install 
Microsoft Update on my system.











0
Anthemwebs (309)
9/20/2008 12:49:36 AM
publisher 21446 articles. 3 followers. Follow

4 Replies
335 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 50

Charles W Davis wrote:
>snip<
> Any suggestions as to why I can't post to the newsgroups and to
> install Microsoft Update on my system.
====================================
>crossposting removed<

For the newsgroup issue...try using one
(or both) of the following news servers:

     news.microsoft.com

     msnnews.msn.com

Maybe something in the following articles
will help with Windows Update:

(836941) You may encounter temporary
connection-related errors when you use
Windows Update or Microsoft Update to
install updates
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941

(943144) Updates are not installed successfully
from Windows Update, from Microsoft Update,
or by using Automatic Updates after you repair
a Windows XP installation
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

(927891) You receive an access violation error
when you try to install an update from Windows
Update or from Microsoft Update after you apply
hotfix package KB916089
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927891

-- 

John Inzer


0
oobie (2069)
9/20/2008 2:40:18 AM
I think this is a Vista issue, to do with Administrator account
You posted to an update group, but not a Vista group.

The outlook issue is probably irrellevent, untill you have addressed the 
Vista/MSupdate issue


"Charles W Davis" <Anthemwebs@lvcoxmail.com> wrote in message 
news:BF561E95-383A-4943-92D3-BE3D54D104F5@microsoft.com...
>I am having a problem posting a problem to microsoft.public.officeupdate, 
>microsoft.public.outlook.general and microsoft.public.windowsupdate. I can 
>post to microsoft.public.publisher. So, maybe with this post it will arrive 
>somehere.
>
> My problem is that recently when closing Office Outlook 2007 on my Windows 
> Vista Ultimate system I have noticed that I get a message that Outlook 
> 2007 did not close correctly and that the data file is being checked for 
> errors.
>
> I went to Outlook's Help drop down menu and chose Office Diagnostics. 
> After the system completed its process, I learned that Office has not been 
> updated...
>
> When I go to Windows Update (Windows is up to date) and Click on Get 
> updates for more products button, it takes me to the Microsoft site to Try 
> Microsoft Update today, I click on the Start Now button, I then receive 
> the following:
>
> [Error number: 0x8DDD0002]
>  To install updates from this website, you must be logged on as an 
> administrator or a member of the Administrators group on your computer. If 
> you use Windows XP, you can see if you are an administrator by going to 
> User Accounts in Control Panel.
>
> Note: If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings 
> might also prevent you using this website. Contact your system 
> administrator for help with updates.
>
> On the newsgroups, I found a reference to: 
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316524
>
> I have performed Methods 1 thru 4, with no positive results.
> Method 5 results in an "access denied" message.
>
> Method 6 also provides nothing positive.
>
> Any suggestions as to why I can't post to the newsgroups and to install 
> Microsoft Update on my system.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> 


0
DL
9/20/2008 7:15:55 AM
Thank you. I failed to include the Vista General newsgroup.
"Charles W Davis" <Anthemwebs@lvcoxmail.com> wrote in message 
news:BF561E95-383A-4943-92D3-BE3D54D104F5@microsoft.com...
>I am having a problem posting a problem to microsoft.public.officeupdate, 
>microsoft.public.outlook.general and microsoft.public.windowsupdate. I can 
>post to microsoft.public.publisher. So, maybe with this post it will arrive 
>somehere.
>
> My problem is that recently when closing Office Outlook 2007 on my Windows 
> Vista Ultimate system I have noticed that I get a message that Outlook 
> 2007 did not close correctly and that the data file is being checked for 
> errors.
>
> I went to Outlook's Help drop down menu and chose Office Diagnostics. 
> After the system completed its process, I learned that Office has not been 
> updated...
>
> When I go to Windows Update (Windows is up to date) and Click on Get 
> updates for more products button, it takes me to the Microsoft site to Try 
> Microsoft Update today, I click on the Start Now button, I then receive 
> the following:
>
> [Error number: 0x8DDD0002]
>  To install updates from this website, you must be logged on as an 
> administrator or a member of the Administrators group on your computer. If 
> you use Windows XP, you can see if you are an administrator by going to 
> User Accounts in Control Panel.
>
> Note: If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings 
> might also prevent you using this website. Contact your system 
> administrator for help with updates.
>
> On the newsgroups, I found a reference to: 
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316524
>
> I have performed Methods 1 thru 4, with no positive results.
> Method 5 results in an "access denied" message.
>
> Method 6 also provides nothing positive.
>
> Any suggestions as to why I can't post to the newsgroups and to install 
> Microsoft Update on my system.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> 

0
Anthemwebs (309)
9/20/2008 1:19:51 PM
Stop cross-posting



-- 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano
Microsoft MVP Expression






"Charles W Davis" <Anthemwebs@lvcoxmail.com> wrote in message 
news:95ECB3BC-EA8D-430E-8D2C-F7BADF13B076@microsoft.com...
> Thank you. I failed to include the Vista General newsgroup.
> "Charles W Davis" <Anthemwebs@lvcoxmail.com> wrote in message 
> news:BF561E95-383A-4943-92D3-BE3D54D104F5@microsoft.com...
>>I am having a problem posting a problem to microsoft.public.officeupdate, 
>>microsoft.public.outlook.general and microsoft.public.windowsupdate. I can 
>>post to microsoft.public.publisher. So, maybe with this post it will 
>>arrive somehere.
>>
>> My problem is that recently when closing Office Outlook 2007 on my 
>> Windows Vista Ultimate system I have noticed that I get a message that 
>> Outlook 2007 did not close correctly and that the data file is being 
>> checked for errors.
>>
>> I went to Outlook's Help drop down menu and chose Office Diagnostics. 
>> After the system completed its process, I learned that Office has not 
>> been updated...
>>
>> When I go to Windows Update (Windows is up to date) and Click on Get 
>> updates for more products button, it takes me to the Microsoft site to 
>> Try Microsoft Update today, I click on the Start Now button, I then 
>> receive the following:
>>
>> [Error number: 0x8DDD0002]
>>  To install updates from this website, you must be logged on as an 
>> administrator or a member of the Administrators group on your computer. 
>> If you use Windows XP, you can see if you are an administrator by going 
>> to User Accounts in Control Panel.
>>
>> Note: If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings 
>> might also prevent you using this website. Contact your system 
>> administrator for help with updates.
>>
>> On the newsgroups, I found a reference to: 
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316524
>>
>> I have performed Methods 1 thru 4, with no positive results.
>> Method 5 results in an "access denied" message.
>>
>> Method 6 also provides nothing positive.
>>
>> Any suggestions as to why I can't post to the newsgroups and to install 
>> Microsoft Update on my system.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
> 

0
webmaster911 (1600)
9/20/2008 2:35:59 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

HELP! I KNOW U KNOW HOW TO DO THIS....
i was told there is a way to make certain letters equal numbers. EX. BREADNMILK is 1234567890 / B=1 R=2 and so on. This is so each product has a digit code for the price. EX. EDB = $3.51. I don't know how to do that but my boss said it's possible....THANK-YOU! I have an idea, but I'm not sure I understand what you really want, so I hate to waste the time to produce it. Could you give a few more examples? What are you doing with the data once you figure out a way to make this work? Why BREADNMILK? Is that just an example? You'll use just one word? You're trying to obscu...

test 04-22-10
;lgplfoblgh^p-bvof Your test worked, but your spell check didn't. Test Newsgroup: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.test.here -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "claire labrecque" <clabreque@videotron.ca> wrote in message news:ur%23FbEd4KHA.5324@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > ;lgplfoblgh^p-bvof ...

Testing those back-ups
What is the best process for testing your backups? I was thinking of adding a DC and then pull it off line and then put it in our lab. How do I create the Exchange server? Is there a better way to do this? Thanks! It depends on what portion of your backups you are wanting to test :-) A good reference is the Exchange 2003 Disaster Recovery Operations white paper. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=a58f49c5-1190-4fbf-aede-007a8f366b0e&displaylang=en -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/wi...

It's Conditional Formatting, Jim, but not as we know it...
Hi, Is there any way of producing the same as a conditional format on a cell (ie. chenge fill and font colours according to a calculated value) but for more than three (four, if you count the default) values? TIA Dave An example '----------------------------------------------------------------- Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) '----------------------------------------------------------------- Const WS_RANGE As String = "H1:H10" '<=== change to suit On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Intersect(Targe...

OWA jumping mouse
I have two computers on my network that are having an interesting issue. When they are creating a message and typing away in the body of the message, randomly when they hit a key, any key, they system will act as if the mouse was clicked. If the mouse is over the send button, it would have sent the email. If the mouse was over the start button, the start menu would have come up. Where ever the mouse was left at, it will act as if it was clicked. It is very random but often. This only happens in OWA, not in outlook or any other place. Both systems are running XP pro SP2 with IE 6 SP2. ...

Unable to display Inbox folder
Hi I'd appreciate any help on the above. When opening my Outlook the following appears in the Inbox; "unable to display inbox folder. error has been detected in the file c\windows\local settings\application data\Microsoft outlook\outlook.pst. Quit all mail enabled applications and then use the inbox repair tool." I have tried "detect and repair", "Scan disk" and i have even uninstalled and reinstalled the whole office 2000 package but to no avail. I have had a problem in the past sending attachments while using the "rich text". Have I...

Do You Know???
Hi... Where to get personal / business loan? How to settle your debt? Where to invest? Monthly Profit 20%? One time investment only? Setup your own business & growing income? The Beneficiary Bank is Barclays Bank? Just only need USD1070 for Financial Freedom? 300% Profit,10%Commission,5% Bonus,1% Revenue & 0.01% Daily Profit Payout!! ---------------------------------------------------------------------------= =AD=AD----- Get me online at : E-Mail /Yahoo Messenger,my ID : sallehes[at]yahoo.com Change [at] to @ If you never take the chance, you will never have the chances. >From O...

Unable to view HTML messages
I am unable to view HTML messages in HTML. All I get is code. I have looked all through the options and do not see anything that says turn HTML off or read email in text only format. What am I missing? ...

Unable to add in a report
Hi, I need to add the orders based on customer id so in access03 I filter the data field as: =IIf([cust_id]=2;Sum([cust_id]);'') or =IIf([cust_id]=2;count([cust_id]);'') but don't work. Where do I err? TIA Ana Query in SQL05 -> access03 Ana wrote: >I need to add the orders based on customer id so in access03 I filter the >data field as: > >=IIf([cust_id]=2;Sum([cust_id]);'') or > >=IIf([cust_id]=2;count([cust_id]);'') but don't work. You should probably use a separate query to calculate all the totals and use that as t...

Do you know this?
I gonna to purchase Joyfax Server. Do you have any idea about it? 'Joyfax - Fax Server, Fax software, Windows Fax Server, Network Fax Solution, Free Fax Viewer, Fax Broadcasting software' (http://www.joyfax.com) -- lenny66 Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com In article <lenny66.4cslw5@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com>, lenny66.4cslw5 @no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com says... > What exactly would you imagine yourself seeing subject "Do you know this?" People usually ignore topics with unclear subjects. -- Poutnik The best depends on how the be...

Re: Post test.......
It got there ok, but within minutes it was deleted again........still, once it shows up on the msnews server and the other servers pick it up, then they still have it, even tho msnews deletes it......but "why" does msnews keep deleting them? Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 Hi All.... Well, I finally unsubscribed to the .misc group and re-subscribed and downloaded all the messages but only got those since Sept 3............and my new posts seem to be sticking now, but that remains to be seen.........before unsubscribing I had over 24,000 messages downloaded but since I re-did it, I ...

Outlook unable to receive email with attachments over 100kb
Hi there, Outlook will not let me download email that has attachments bigger than 100kb. Is there a setting to change this. This is the message that I am getting: Task 'pop6.sympatico.ca - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x80004005): 'The operation failed.' The version of Outlook is 2002. The type of account is POP. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. babalas babalas <cedross@sympatico.ca> wrote: > Outlook will not let me download email that has attachments bigger > than 100kb. Is there a setting to change this. This is the message > that I ...

test
Test of the News -- Elvira Mi Photo Gallery http://www.personal.able.es/ensoriano ...

Unable to View Cash Flow Review
When I go to the Accounts & Bills -> Cash Flow Review, I get an error message stating "Please create at least one checking, savings, or cash account before you go to the cash flow forecast." Has anyone seen this message? I have several accounts of those types already in my file. I also tried to temporarily create a additional checking account, but that didn't work either. Thanks for any help, David ...

printing posting journals
I got a client that inquired why Microsoft Dynamics GP cannot print posting journals to a Word Document and continue appending to it to save paper. He thought that it will be a nice option to choose from. Also, they wondered why there is an option on the Posting Settings to append to a PDF file when this is not possible. If you select to print to a PDF file in the posting settings, you can actually choose to append to it; however, when the printing happens, the user is asked for another filename or to confirm 'replacing' the file. I pointed them to Adobe to suggest to possibili...

Does any know how to add more columns in the NCAA Excel Tracker?
trying to add more columns in the NCAA Tournament Tracker but it won't keep the formulas correct. Any help Just what exactly is the/a "NCAA Tournament Tracker"? -- Regards, RD -------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit ! -------------------------------------------------------------------- "NCAA Tourney Commissioner" <NCAA Tourney Commissioner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8020B969-D6D4-4857-96E4-3475D1F75DA6@microsoft.com... trying to add more ...

do you know??
hi I have a problem I had made a programm deal with database I had created it manually by microsoft access. I want the programm make the database automatically when it run on every computer?? second did every computer run this programm have microsoft access ??? goodbye thank you ??? 1. You should just ship the mdb file with your program. 2. you don't need to have access installed on all the computers just the odbc/ado drivers for access. AliR. "mohaz" <mohaz14@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1187291340.459954.57930@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > hi >...

Word was unable to open the data source
My problem is that my Excel data is not being "mail merged" into Word. I followed the suggestion of prompting the data source before opening and I can choose "MS Excel Worksheet via DDE (*.xls) when prompted. Next I choose th named or cell range which is "Entire Spreadsheet". Then in lowr left task bar it briefly says "Opening file . . . ." but then I am prompted with Word error "Word was unable to open the data source." If I try Office 2007 I use "OLE DB Database Files" when prompted to open data source. Then I select t...

I would like to know how to uninstall Outlook Express 6!
When I purchased my computer, it was installed with Outlook Express 6, and I don't use the program. I would like to know how to uninstall it. Please reply if you know how! If you are running Windows XP with Service Pack 1 or Windows 2000 with Service Pack 3 or 4, try going to the add/remove applet in the control panel. Choose Set Program Access and Defaults. Under the email section, uncheck the box to show the icon. (It will always remove the OE icon.) Note: If Microsoft Outlook is your default mail program, it will try to push newsgroup support to OE (started as a news only clien...

Test #7
...

EARN $ 1,434,892.8 BY E-GOLD (GUARANTEED!!) All you need is 3 People You know #13
EARN $ 1,434,892.8 BY E-GOLD (GUARANTEED!!) All you need is 3 People You know Hello every body , im be glad to introduce one of the best MLM for every body who wants to explod his/her earning with very simple steps and incredible situation! JUST IMAGINE...... If you achieve only 10% success you will still make $ 143,489.28 If you achieve only 1% success you will still make $ 14,348.928 But If we trust to each other and be serious, reaching to $ 1,434,892.8 is not seem so far,just three or four weeks!! The whole works that you should do : 1) You should open an e-gold account ,th...

Best Practice for establishing a test enviornment
I am new to Dynamics CRM. Whats the best approach to establishing a test enviornment thats representative of the production enviornment. For instance I want a current copy of sql databases and the ability to have all crm active directory users still associated. Has anyone setup a second crm server that points to the same instance of active directory and exchange that the production crm system points at? Is it a better practice to set it up in a completely seperate domain? If so, whats the best way of replicating the active directory accounts to that other domain. Are there any arti...

test #15
test ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=12251715-6f21-4cab-a5ac-7c1fb7a3cfd9&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains ...

unable to delete or insert a text box ...
So, I've been revising an Excel document. Now, I am unable to select any text boxes to delete them. I'm also unable to insert a new text box - that option is greyed out. I am using Windows Vista, and none of the worksheets are protected. What gives?? DRW Any chance you have multiple worksheets selected? "Deb RW" wrote: > So, I've been revising an Excel document. Now, I am unable to select any text > boxes to delete them. I'm also unable to insert a new text box - that option > is greyed out. I am using Windows Vista, and none of the worksheets are ...

Email Router issue
Hi all We have a problem where we cannot recieving incoming email in to your CRM 3.0 system. Sending email from crm works fine. The router picks up the messages ok and places them in the CRM Mailbox, but each time the following event message appears in the event log when the router tries to process the messages; Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ExchangeConnectorService.ExchangeSinkServiceException: Delivering message: RE: Information required to set-up Service --- ANCC:00040114 in mailbox: $CRMEmailR...