I hit save instead of save as...is there any way to go back?

I need to retrieve the information from the page before I saved.  I needed to
hit save as and accidently hit save.  Anyone????
0
Bullet (1)

You've kinda burned your own bridge.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Jr Bullet" <Jr Bullet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need to retrieve the information from the page before I saved.  I needed
> hit save as and accidently hit save.  Anyone????

0
jl_paules1 (1069)
11/10/2005 2:10:00 AM
On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 00:52:09 +0000, Jr Bullet wrote
(in article <C9AD451B-209A-448F-935B-B2D1EC64A733@microsoft.com>):

> I need to retrieve the information from the page before I saved.  I needed to

> hit save as and accidently hit save.  Anyone????

Impossible. Learn the value of backups.

Jr Bullet <Jr Bullet@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard
to utter:
> I need to retrieve the information from the page before I saved.  I
> needed to hit save as and accidently hit save.  Anyone????

You tried the "Undo" button?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
11/10/2005 8:27:34 AM
Might get lucky and Publisher saved a .tmp file. In Windows Explorer, type %temp%
into the address bar, find a file that starts with pub, change the extension from
..tmp to pub.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Jr Bullet" <Jr Bullet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need to retrieve the information from the page before I saved.  I needed to
> hit save as and accidently hit save.  Anyone????

0
gsauer (5094)

Saving comments
Version: 2008 Operating System: Older version Processor: Intel Someone sent me a 100-page manuscript in .doc form. I reviewed the ms with comments, and when I saved it, the comments disappeared. Where are they? Where you saved them! Sorry: You haven't given us enough detail to go on here :-) We need to know how you received the document, where you put it, how you opened it, where you saved it, and how you re-opened it. I "suspect" you edited the one on your hard disk, and have now opened the one in your email, which is the unchanged copy without your edits. ...

VLOOKUP
Hi, =VLOOKUP(G3,A:D,4,FALSE) When I put the above formula, if the lookup_value is not available in the table_array #N/A appears in the result. How can I modify the formula to get the result as 0 instead of #N/A? Can anybody help? Jaleel Try =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(G3,A:D,4,FALSE)),0,VLOOKUP(G3,A:D,4,FALSE)) -- Jacob "Jaleel" wrote: > Hi, > > =VLOOKUP(G3,A:D,4,FALSE) > > When I put the above formula, if the lookup_value is not available in the > table_array #N/A appears in the result. How can I modify the formula to get > the r...

Save as web-page
How do I save a visio diagram as a web page - then when viewing it have the default zoom set to 200% (instead of scalable)? Thanks -tom Hi Tom, You can pass in a parameter if the webpage html is hosted on a web server which will allow you to specify the zoom level. Example for parameter: http://foo/drawing1.htm?page=Page-1&zoom=200 Note: Zoom is only available if your Save as Web output format is the default VML format. If you are not hosting the webpage html on a webserver, or if you don't want to use a parameter on the URL to change the zoom level, you can edit the code i...

Public Folder
I have a request I'm having trouble filling... Notes: - The idea is (and to stay) contained within our Exch Public Folder(s). - We have task and calendar objects in this location for the specified action described below. The goal: Assign a task and have it display for the user(s) in a calendar view. So far: - I've looked around at views of Tasks, nothing that comes close to a calendar layout. Is this an over-sight on my part? - I've tried making the new task object relate to the new calendar object, no luck. Is there something I pebcaked? - I know the SDK package ca...

Archive Folder items going into "Deleted Items"
My organization uses Auto-archive to archive items older than 3 months to a networked .pst file. This has helped keep our Exchange server database size within workable limits. Lately, I've gotten complaints from some users that all the messages in their archive folders are going into the "Deleted Items" folder in the archive. The original folders are still there, but all the messages they contain are now in "Deleted Items", and it's hard to find a specific message. The archive folders range in size from .34 GB to 3.0 GB. Typically, they'll contain thousands...

Saving Macro into personal macros space
I've got a spread sheet that has a macro in it. I would like to save the macro into my personal space so I can run it on other spread sheets. I can't find documention for this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks The Personal.xls workbook is created when you record your first macro to be saved in it, as I understand it. What I had to do for a co-worker was go to Tools>Macro>Record New Macro, and just let it save whatever it came up with into Personal.xls. Then I had to go to Window>Unhide and choose to Unhide Personal. When it opened Personal, I hit ALT+F11, opene...

Going Crazy
I am having a problem with IE6 nad Outlook Express. It seems that I cannot print my e-mails in OE. I have no problem printing from Office, IE, Word, or anything else, only OE. I receive the following message: Internet Explorer Has Encountered Script Error Line:1344 Char:1 Error: Unspecified Error Code; 0 URL: res://c\windows\system32\shdoclc.dll/preview.dlg Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? Yes No I have done search after search after search to remedy this problem, but to no avail. I have called Tech Support at HP, and they were NO HELP at all. I have ins...

Do You Want To Know For Sure That You Are Going To Heaven? The reason some people don't know for sure if they are going to Heaven when they die is because they just don't know. The good news
The reason some people don't know for sure if they are going to Heaven when they die is because they just don't know. The good news is that you can know for sure that you are going to Heaven which is described in the Holy Bible as a beautiful place with no death, sorrow, sickness or pain. God tells us in the Holy Bible how simple it is to be saved so that we can live forever with Him in Heaven. "For if you confess with your mouth Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you WILL BE SAVED." (Romans 10:9) Over 2000 years ago God came from ...

Excel 2007 incredibly slow on saving
Hi, I am just trying Excel 2007 for the first time. Saving a file (in compatibility mode) takes around 15 minutes! Savng the same file (about 12Mb) takes 5 seconds in Excel 2003. Clearly I have turned off autosave as this prevented me from working altogether (it takes longer to save than the 10 minute interval between saves). This just can't be right! Any ideas what could cause this? I am using a fast PC (quad-core Xeon 2.3 GHz) with 4Gb RAM. There is plenty of disk space and it is not cluttered or fragmented. Saves are to the local hard disk and there are no links over network co...

Save emails exactly as they come!
How can I save my emails exactly as I see them, even if they have an attachment? If saving them as .msg is the answer can you tell me how can I save them as ..msg? When I click on "save as" it only give me the options as "Text Only", "Outlook Template" or "Outlook Message Format". I tried the 3 of them but do not save my messages the way they come. I will really appreciate any help. Thanks a lot! Dear, This is your 3rd post asking the same - pls see your original post, in OL General -- (Please respond to this question Was this post helpful to y...

Stoping users from saving tables to their local machines...
My question relates to server residing tables being saved locally. While a write protected table cannot be altered on the server by a user (Without write rights) I am wondering if there is a way (Perhaps through Excel macros?) to stop a user from being able to save a given table to his local machine. Thanking all in adv. for your time, and I look forward to your replie(s). hi. your info is a little sketchy. because you posted in excel, i'm assuming that your tables are in an excel file. i don't know how may users you have but you might try something like this..... Private Sub W...

The proper way...
What's the proper way to exit an MFC/C++ application? I have the Exit button and when the user clicks on it I ask him (with MessageBox) 'Are you sure?' and then I call PostQuitMessage(WM_QUIT). The problem is that when I'm in debbug mode and after that operation, the debbug window says that there is alot of memory leaks (in almost every object), but when I close my application with ALT+F4 there is no memory leaks? How do you exit your applications? Thanks for replying! On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 07:04:00 +0100, "blue" <blue@blue.blue> wrote: >What's t...

Where to save macros
I have two questions really. First, I was told there was a specific place to save a macro if I wanted it to be avalable whenever I opened excel. Where would that be? Also, how do I create a macro that is always available when I open excel instead of spreadsheet specific. Thanks for your help. If you do not already have a personal.xls >record a macro to personal macro workbook. When you close excel after that creation you will be asked if you want to save personal.xls >say yes. Now it will be available to you. However this is a hidden workbook. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dona...

Is there a way to limit access to a page in Excel to one person?
Is there a way to limit who has access to a page created in Excel to only the people who need to have the access? Like perhaps to put a block on it?? Or fix it so that you have to have a password to gain access to the particular page?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. What do you consider as a "page"? What is printed out is usually referred to as a page or pages. Perhaps you are referring to a particular worksheet. If a worksheet, you could hide the sheet under Format>Hide>Sheet then Protect the Workbook under Tools>Protection>Protect Workbook and enter a ...

Performance hit on sharing records
Hi, Can anybody tell me the performance hit on using sharing of records between teams? We are considering sharing of custom entities in terms of 10000s of records between 5-6 user teams. What would be the performance hit? Thanks, Hi, No it will not, if you are sharing with the teams, it's only 1 entry added to the principalobjectaccess table. It's not going to be a problem. I have client sharing to hundreds user with couple hundred thousands of records. Darren Liu Crowe http://www.crowecrm.com On Aug 7, 2:47 pm, sb <itssari...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > Can anybody tell...

Hit Counters on Every Page
I have a large web site hosted on http://www.freeservers.com They allow hit counters on every page - the stats being stored in one file - fpcount.js My site is over 10 years old, and many pages have hits in the thousands. However recently I've noticed that some counters have been reset to zero. I investigated and found that over the years the fpcount.js file has become corrupt. Although I pay Freeservers to host the site all enquiries to their Customer Service about the corruption of the hit counter feature are ignored. Therefore I am seeking a commensurate service. I have tried FP...

Save Text to File
Hi, I have a very long string that has Line Feeds (Char-10) already in it. It could easily have close to a 1000 lines. Is there a way to just save the string to a text file or do I have to parse the string into lines and write each one individually? I guess I should also ask what the max length of a string could be in Excel 2003 VBA but I can probably find that out with a google search. Thanks for any advice Mike Zz Strings in VBA can be up to 32,768 which is the maximum nuimber oif character in a cell, although in a cell you can only see the 1st 1024. -- joel --...

Hyperlink to a .mov file after saving as web page
I create emergency pre-plans in visio pro 2003 and link many areas to .jpg files and or .mov files (Quicktime). Obviously, the links do not function after saving the file as a web page. Does anyone have an idea on how I may accomplish this? thanks so much, -- Keith -- Keith Are you creating the links with http URLs or just network drive paths? "Keith" <Keith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:370BE124-7208-4722-8C5F-8F70A7834BC9@microsoft.com... >I create emergency pre-plans in visio pro 2003 and link many areas to .jpg > files and or .mov files (...

Can I unsave a spreadsheet once it has been saved
I just overwrote a very important list. I had to many files open at one time Hi April, Unfortunately, unless you have a backup or other copy (email attachment?), you are out of luck --- Regards, Norman "April_Presidion" <April_Presidion@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83738A14-7E8E-4479-B580-172A32CC946C@microsoft.com... >I just overwrote a very important list. I had to many files open at one >time ...

Saving from template to new file without the vb code
Thanks for the help. From xl help, I thought I understood that templates allowed creating a new file that included formatting, style, text, etc. This does not seem the case, as when saving, the template is saved with whatever modifications have been made using some code, which in my mind contradicts the purpose of a template. I understand from help, that the template needs to be in a default template directory and saved as using the file type setting; though I have saved as using the file type setting set to template, the default/alternate locations are not feasible yet I still need the tem...

Emails go to junk folder without sending them there
Really strange. Outlook 2000 service pack 3. For this question let's call the person sending me the emails "John Doe". Emails from John Doe sent to me automatically go to my junk mail folder. Also, emails sent to me, but with John Doe in the CC field also go to my junk mail folder. Isn't that weird? I checked my 2 rules and my junk mail filter and there is absolutely nothing in there for this sender. I also have nothing configured in my adult contents filter so I have no clue as to what it can be. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks. ...

Whats going on? #2
Outlook occasionaly gets mail returned, usually with a delivery error, from people that I have never sent any messages to. The headers show my email address, but I don't know the recipients. I have used all sorts of Trojan Hunters, Spy Ware Hunters and even Microsofts Beta Version Spyhunter but nothing is found. How can I find out what is going on? Have I been hijacked, How do I tell when Outlook or anything else is accessing the Internet, especially if i dont want it to? Jack Someone else that you once emailed has been hijacked if you check out OK. That's how it works. The...

Save as in Excel
Why is it that when you launch a spreadsheet some time your not > allowed to use save as? Everything is greyed out. Filemanagering : > copying is only option. > > What is the setting that is causing this to bee turned off for some > user, but not all. I'm not sure if this applies to you, but there was a virus (Nimda) that showed this behavior (as well as File|Save and File|Open). Do you have trouble with either of those? http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308360 OFF2000: Error Messages Caused by Nimda Virus When You Open or Save Files in Office Programs ...

"Reply To" messages bouncing back.
When a message comes to me and I try to "reply to", the message just comes back to me in the same folder as the message I am replying to. The "to" address is correct, but it always just returns to me. The problem seems to be related to folders. If a message is directly in the inbox it works OK, but if it is in a subfolder of the inbox it doesn't. Maybe this is the wrong way to organize folders? I have all my folders as subfolders of "Inbox" rather than subfolders of "Personal Folders" Thanks for any help TMeisner -- ButtZ <t_p_meisner@hot...

Hit testing
I'm trying to implement client area hit testing in a MDI application. In my document, I have a list of graphic objects (e.g. polygons) that are displayed in the view. The list can get pretty long, so the hit test algorithm needs to be fairly efficient. My first attempt at this was to add HitTest(CPoint) function to the graphic object class. In this function I created a Region and then tested it. Something like... int CPolygon::HitTest(CPoint Point) { CRgn Rgn; Rgn.CreatePolygonRgn(PointList.GetData(), PointList.GetSize(), WINDING); if (Rgn.PtInRegion(Point)) ...