I can't find where to tell Pubisher that I want one of each label and not a
page of each label.
I'm using Publisher 2003 (Office 2003)
I see a post that says to enter "<<Next Record>>" but Publisher doesn't see
this as a field, just as text.

This can't be that hard, but I can't figure it out...

Any help would be appreciated.

Kelvin

I see that it prints correctly, but the print preview displayes it wrong....

I think I have it figured out...

"Kelvin" <someone@domain.com> wrote in message
>I can't find where to tell Pubisher that I want one of each label and not a
>page of each label.
> I'm using Publisher 2003 (Office 2003)
> I see a post that says to enter "<<Next Record>>" but Publisher doesn't
> see this as a field, just as text.
>
> This can't be that hard, but I can't figure it out...
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Kelvin

It's not that it displays it "wrong", it just doesn't play the entire merge.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

>I see that it prints correctly, but the print preview displayes it
>wrong....
>
> I think I have it figured out...
>
> "Kelvin" <someone@domain.com> wrote in message
>>I can't find where to tell Pubisher that I want one of each label and not
>>a page of each label.
>> I'm using Publisher 2003 (Office 2003)
>> I see a post that says to enter "<<Next Record>>" but Publisher doesn't
>> see this as a field, just as text.
>>
>> This can't be that hard, but I can't figure it out...
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>> Kelvin

0
jl_paules (2767)
1/8/2008 5:23:59 PM
Well I thought I had it figured out...
I ended up printing instead of merging to a new document and it seems to
work... very frustrating not being able to control this.

Kelvin

"JoAnn Paules" <jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com> wrote in message
> It's not that it displays it "wrong", it just doesn't play the entire
> merge.
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>
> ~~~~~
> How to ask a question
> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>

> "Kelvin" <someone@domain.com> wrote in message
>>I see that it prints correctly, but the print preview displayes it
>>wrong....
>>
>> I think I have it figured out...
>>
>> "Kelvin" <someone@domain.com> wrote in message
>>>I can't find where to tell Pubisher that I want one of each label and not
>>>a page of each label.
>>> I'm using Publisher 2003 (Office 2003)
>>> I see a post that says to enter "<<Next Record>>" but Publisher doesn't
>>> see this as a field, just as text.
>>>
>>> This can't be that hard, but I can't figure it out...
>>>
>>> Any help would be appreciated.
>>>
>>> Kelvin

Create a page as an insert
I am creating a newsletter to be printed on 11x17 stock, to be folded to 8.5x 11. I have run out of space and need to have an insert page to be enclosed.(Insert to be 8.5x11 single sheet printed both sides) Do I need to create a new file for just the insert or is there a workaround in Publisher that I haven't figured out? Because the Newsletter + insert page will be emailed as PDF, I really do not want recipients to have to fool with 2 files. Thanks, Jim Is the insert-page part of the general flow or is it totally separate from the rest of the publication? AIUI you are both emailing ...

Where did tips and tricks page go?
There was a page I once found which was titled Microsoft Outlook and Exchange Server Tips and Tricks I am at least 98% sure that the URL was : http://www.microsoft.com.... technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/exchange55/tips/default.asp I am able to find a page that has the exact same document in a word doc but I want the web page, This seems to have entirely disappeared from the web as google searches as well as entering the URL directly sends me to a different page, anyone have any Idea where it got to as this page had killer info and was written very well with pret...

list in one cell
how can i ctreate a list in one cell such as drop down arrow You can use data validation for this http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=data+validation+excel "sohail" wrote: > how can i ctreate a list in one cell such as drop down arrow hi i think you are intersted in data validation. on the tool bar>data>data validation. also see this site for tutorial. http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html regards FSt1 "sohail" wrote: > how can i ctreate a list in one cell such as drop down arrow ...

want questions

Header on First Page Excel 2000
Aloha! I would like my Header/Footer to appear on the first page only in Excel 2000. Thanks in advance. -Keenan I print on only first page every time. Go to FILE, PAGE SETUP, SHEET tab, make sure PRINT AREA is blank. >-----Original Message----- >Aloha! I would like my Header/Footer to appear on the >first page only in Excel 2000. Thanks in advance. > >-Keenan >. > Keenan, This macro breaks up your XL report into two print jobs and changes the header/footer based on the values you input. To have this set up your headers instead of footers, just change .LeftFooter=...

page size
Please help me with this. I cannot for the life of me get the right margin to be at the 1/2 inch it is set to be. When I print the invoice that I created, it is about an inch wide on the right. I have used the page preview and moved margins and page size around, but to no avail. I am stuck. Thanks in advance, Jeff jesseok wrote: > Please help me with this. I cannot for the life of me get the right margin > to be at the 1/2 inch it is set to be. When I print the invoice that I > created, it is about an inch wide on the right. I have used the page > preview and mov...

workbook links, remove a bad one
I have a workbook with a link to a workbook that no longer exists. I can't figue out how to remove move it. There is nothing listed in any of my books or the help file. Has anyone seen a procedure, anywhere. I'd love to get rid of the message window when the file opens up. Dave You could have a link in a named range. Check Insert>Name>Define on each sheet. Download Bill Manville's FINDLINK.XLA from Stephen Bullen's site. http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP/Default.htm With this add-in you can find and delete links. On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 06:35:58 -0700, "Dave Welsh"...

I want more!

Text want wrap in text box

Can I calculate a single page ONLY?
Can I calculate a single sheet only, and disable calculation update on other sheets? I have several sheets that take a few seconds (too long, in my case) to re-calculate where I'm running a macro that plugs a value into a cell and gets an answer, plugs another value in and gets an answer, etc. I'd like to calculate only the sheet where where the calculations are actually being affected-I'm not concerned with the other sheets. Thanks DH Excel 2003 & 2007 (at least!) have the option to calculate only the current sheet. Calculation must be set to Manual first. ...

Want to Add more Sub description Field

How do I create custom size labels (not Avery)?
I've been given Office Max labels that are 1 X 2.8125 with no margins. They sit 3 across and 11 down for a total of 33 labels/page. I've not found an Avery product that matches. Older versions of Publisher allowed one to create such labels, but I can't find a way in the latest Office version. rlawr <rlawr@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I've been given Office Max labels that are 1 X 2.8125 with no > margins. They sit 3 across and 11 down for a total of 33 > labels/page. I've not found an Avery product that matches. Old...

Excel wants to create a page break in every cell!
After saving revisions in an Excel worksheet, I get a popup message that states "Margins do not fit page size". After clicking "ok" (because this is my only choice) a page break is automatically created in ever cell. At times(depending on the sizeof the work sheet) it can be over 100 pages with a page size 14% or smaller. Why does this happen, and how can I avoid it? I saw this suggestion in a different forum. Try closing excel. Clean up your windows temp folder Windows start button|Run type: %temp% and hit enter Clean all those files that you ca...

Printing 36069 pages
When trying to print all 27 worksheets of a workbook the first worksheet lists there are 36069 pages. This is the same number shown if I go to Print Preview for the document. This also breaks down the first worksheet if I choose Page Break Preview under the View selection. All of the other worksheets in the workbook display and print correctly. Have a look at http://www.officearticles.com/excel/clean_up_your_worksheet_in_microsoft_excel.htm best wishes -- Bernard Liengme http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme Microsoft Excel MVP "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com...

two page numbers per "page."
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I would like to make a book pages... like a novel: One sheet of paper, sideways, with two columns of text (and TWO PAGE NUMBERS). You fold the pages over to make it book size. <br><br>I haven't been able to make the two columns each have a separate page number (except typing each one in). Thought maybe &quot;Sections&quot; but couldn't make it work. Looking for suggestions. Thanks. Hi, it would be possible to do so with section breaks, but it would be extremely tedious, as you woul...

Page breaks in emails
Is it possible to view page breaks in an outlook email (as in a Word doc)? Hello Suzi Suzi750 wrote: > Is it possible to view page breaks in an outlook email (as in a Word doc)? I doubt there is anything resembling to page breaks in an email. But you can look at it in PrintPreview, if that helps. 2¢ Robert -- /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT | \ / | MVP | Scientific Reports X Against HTML | for | with Word? / \ in e-mail & news | Word | http://www.masteringword.eu/ ...

Publisher cannot print mail merge with ths number of pages
I have created post cards and a mail merge for 118 addresses. Publisher gives me an error message that Publisher cannot print mail merge with this many pages, delete some pages. I've tried selecting fewer addresses at a time and conitnue to get the error message. Of course these things should have gone out in the mail yesterday...c an anyone help me??? thanks I've been unable to figure out a way to turn the clock back myself so if you get a response on how to do that, please post it here. ;-) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "sweetsigns" <sweetsign...

how do you unhide the page sorter?
New to publisher, I deleted an extra page and now can't toggle between the remaining pages. and I do not see the page sorter tabs at the bottom. help! What version Publisher? View, Status Bar. If you are using 2007, it may take a registry fix. This solution was given to us by a poster like yourself. To fix the Publisher page sorter issue, simply follow the steps below. But beware, because this fix takes you into the Registry window to edit a specific part of the Publisher program, and Microsoft takes great pains to warn you that making a mistake here may corrupt your program altogeth...

header/footer different first page
I'm trying to have a header show up on the first page only, and the footer show page numbers on all pages. However, the "different first page" option seems to link the header and footer so that they cannot be dealt with separately. Is there any way to do this? When you enable "Different first page" you are instructing Word to create a first page header AND a first page footer; this is by design. Just copy the contents of the main footer into the first page footer. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Stan" <Stan@discussions.microsof...

"1235" appears as "One thousand two hundred thirty five"
please i want to know how i convert number to text in excel datasheet or access for example : 1235.75 one thousand two hundred thirty five and 75/100 thank you for your help See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "H. Kan" <H. Kan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB4DE7F0-7D17-4138-BCF8-20192FF17AA8@microsoft.com... > please i want to know how i convert number to text in excel datasheet or access > > for example : > 1235.75 > one thousand two hundred thir...

adding pages to wizard prop sheet causes Access Violation.
When I add pages to the already created wizard property sheet I get an access violation It happens during the following MFC call which I cannot trace int void CPropertySheetEx::AddPage(CPropertyPageEx* pPage .. HPROPSHEETPAGE hPSP = CreatePropertySheetPage(ppsp) If I do not specify Title and SubTitle string IDs in the constructor the error does not occur m_pageFilter.Construct(IDD_AXIS_FILTER, 0, IDS_TITLE_FILTER, IDS_SUBTITLE_FILTER); // causes erro m_pageFilter.Construct(IDD_AXIS_FILTER); // o There doesn't seem to be anything i...

WANTED
WTB: I BUY SOFTWARE - CHECK AROUND - YOU PROBABLY HAVE SOME OF THE BELOW TO SELL TO ME. SEE A LIST OF SOME OF THE SOFTWARE THAT I AM BUYING! I AM BUYING ALL OF THE BELOW. THE MORE QUANTITY THE BETTER! I am looking to buy large quantities of Windows 7 Professional Upgrade Dell DVDs with unactivated COAs included in a SEALED package I am looking to buy quantities of SYMANTEC NORTON ANTI VIRUS, NORTON INTERNET SECURITY AND 360 OEM AND RETAIL BOXES I will buy 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007 and 2006. If you have good quantities setting around and no longer need send me detai...

Delete an entire page based on the presence of a text string
I need to delete an entire page based on the presence of a text string. I tried using the code i found in the following post: Deleting a page based on text search 6/18/2007 11:52 AM PST by Damo '_______________________________________ Dim strSearch As String Dim rgeStart As Range Set rgeStart = Selection.Range strSearch = "Subject Teacher :" & Chr(13) With ActiveDocument.Range.Find .Text = strSearch Do While .Execute With .Parent .Select With Selection .Bookmarks("\Page").Range.Delete...