I can't find where to tell Pubisher that I want one of each label and not a
page of each label.
I'm using Publisher 2003 (Office 2003)
I see a post that says to enter "<<Next Record>>" but Publisher doesn't see
this as a field, just as text.

This can't be that hard, but I can't figure it out...

Any help would be appreciated.

Kelvin

I see that it prints correctly, but the print preview displayes it wrong....

I think I have it figured out...

"Kelvin" <someone@domain.com> wrote in message
>I can't find where to tell Pubisher that I want one of each label and not a
>page of each label.
> I'm using Publisher 2003 (Office 2003)
> I see a post that says to enter "<<Next Record>>" but Publisher doesn't
> see this as a field, just as text.
>
> This can't be that hard, but I can't figure it out...
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Kelvin

It's not that it displays it "wrong", it just doesn't play the entire merge.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

>I see that it prints correctly, but the print preview displayes it
>wrong....
>
> I think I have it figured out...
>
> "Kelvin" <someone@domain.com> wrote in message
>>I can't find where to tell Pubisher that I want one of each label and not
>>a page of each label.
>> I'm using Publisher 2003 (Office 2003)
>> I see a post that says to enter "<<Next Record>>" but Publisher doesn't
>> see this as a field, just as text.
>>
>> This can't be that hard, but I can't figure it out...
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>> Kelvin

0
jl_paules (2767)
1/8/2008 5:23:59 PM
Well I thought I had it figured out...
I ended up printing instead of merging to a new document and it seems to
work... very frustrating not being able to control this.

Kelvin

"JoAnn Paules" <jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com> wrote in message
> It's not that it displays it "wrong", it just doesn't play the entire
> merge.
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>
> ~~~~~
> How to ask a question
> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>

> "Kelvin" <someone@domain.com> wrote in message
>>I see that it prints correctly, but the print preview displayes it
>>wrong....
>>
>> I think I have it figured out...
>>
>> "Kelvin" <someone@domain.com> wrote in message
>>>I can't find where to tell Pubisher that I want one of each label and not
>>>a page of each label.
>>> I'm using Publisher 2003 (Office 2003)
>>> I see a post that says to enter "<<Next Record>>" but Publisher doesn't
>>> see this as a field, just as text.
>>>
>>> This can't be that hard, but I can't figure it out...
>>>
>>> Any help would be appreciated.
>>>
>>> Kelvin

How to copy styles from one document to the next?

field only on first page..
I have created a report from a query, in this report i have the field name "Truck Type" in the page header because I was it to be shown only one time on each page. Right now it is only showing one time (like i want it), but its only on the first page?? Can someone explain what I need to do? Thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200705/1 stephendeloach via AccessMonster.com wrote: >I have created a report from a query, in this report i have the field name >"Truck Type" in the page header because ...

home page script
Hi there, Is there a script I can run at bootup to set up my IE home page? Thank you, T Control Panel > Internet Options > General tab > Home Page --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est Tester wrote: > Hi there, > Is there a script I can run at bootup to set up my IE home page? Thank > you, T "Tester" <calinguga@netscape.net> wrote in message news:8d1021c1-ff43-4936-9bf1-ab809a64161f@g11g2000yqe.googlegroups.com... > Hi there, > Is there a script I can run at bootup to set up my IE home page? Thank > you, T ??? Are you asking ...

Publisher 2003 start up page
How can I set publisher 2003 to open with a blank page of my choice? I did this before but forget how I did it. I had to reload and now it comes up with the general "Start" page. Thanks, ssjq. Tools, Options, Uncheck or check *Use New Publication task pane at startup*. Not sure which option you want. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "ssjq" <ssjq@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4A647B3-FCC3-465C-80BE-6BB8F1F99532@microsoft.com... > How can I set publisher 2003 to open with a blank page of my choice? I did > this before but forge...

IN Publisher I only want to print one label not all 6
I am using Publisher 2002 and Form 8254 6 to a page. I only want to print one mailing label not 6. What steps do I take? Thank you, You will have to setup the labels manually. Look here to see if yours is listed, if not post back. http://publishermvps.com/ -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Tom" <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D25CA06F-0F6A-4743-99D3-38B688BB842B@microsoft.com... >I am using Publisher 2002 and Form 8254 6 to a page. I only want to print > one mailing lab...

Exception handling and custom error pages
Hi, I have an app that uses a Linq-to-Sql provider. If the database were to go offline, I would like the user to be re-directed to a friendly error page that reads from Session["ErrorMessage"], and I would like to log the SqlException's details in the health monitoring system I have set up so the admin is notified with an email. My first thought was to handle the Application's Error event in the Global.asax like so: void Application_Error(object sender, EventArgs e) { Exception exc = Context.Server.GetLastError(); try { ...

Filtering Addresses for labels
Can anyone tell me the best way to filter addresses and then print them to labels or steer me to the appropriate info? I recently download the Avery wizard which seems to have installed itself across my entire office suite but what's the best way to filter the address you actually want to print. I have Access installed, should I export to that or can I achieve what I want within Outlook. Thanks Stephen Start the mail merge from Outlook. Select the Contacts you want, then merge to those Contacts. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Stephen" <stephen.mailnet@btinternet...

Copy certain columns from one worksheet to another
I wan to copy only certain columns from one worksheet to another without having to delete the extra column information I do not need - does anyone know how to do this it is driving me insane!!!! Click the first column then hold down Ctrl and click the rest of them, release Ctrl and copy/paste as normal, Regards, Alan, "Donna Dingle" <Donna Dingle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:963AAB6E-F12C-4872-8B8A-37C208BFCBCB@microsoft.com... >I wan to copy only certain columns from one worksheet to another without > having to delete the extra column information...

How do I make something available to one who doesn't have publishe
I am tring to send something I created in Publisher to some family memebers that don't have publisher. Is there a way that they can open the document without publisher or some way that I can change the document when I email it so that anyone can read it? Sorry if this is s dumb questions. I have office pro 2003. If that helps answer my question any. Thanks for any help I can get. -- Kim Your task is one that has been asked many, many, many times. The best answer is make the file a pdf file. Not only does the free Acrobat Reader make it easy to open and read but making the f...

Multiple copies per page
With 2002 trying to print business cards on geographics business card paper. 10 cards per sheet. Each card is 51mmx89mm, no border vertically or horizontally between cards. Only border is at left, right, top, bottom. I can't find any way to make publisher do this when I go to CHANGE COPIES PER SHEET menu. HELP!!! Have a look at the following business card tutorials: http://www.mvps.org/publisher/training.html Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.kvalheim.org >-----Original Message----- >With 2002 trying to print business cards on geographics >business card ...

Blank page display in Internet Explorer 8
I used to be able to see thumbnail view of previously visited websites when I clicked on the blank tab. Very handy. Usually displayed about six or 8 thumbnails. Don't know what happened but that feature no longer appears. Now it shows the blank page. I've tried searching for a solution, but I not finding it. Reverand Mooney wrote: > I used to be able to see thumbnail view of previously visited websites when I > clicked on the blank tab. Very handy. Usually displayed about six or 8 > thumbnails. Don't know what happened but that feature no longer appea...

Want to write formula
Hello I want an if which checks two conditions If it was in C++ would look like this: if(H3 == "TRUE") || (B2 < B3) //update cell contents to "TRUE" The || is like an OR - ie can be this or that. Hopw can I do this in Excel VBA? Angus Hello Angus, If (Range("H3").text = "TRUE") or (Range("B2").value < Range ("B3").value) then .... Regards, Bernd =IF(OR(H3=TRUE,B2<B3,TRUE,FALSE) This can be simplified to OR(H3,B2<B3) Not I have not use quotes as in "TRUE" since you can type TRUE into a cell an it is...

Distribution list to some one else and they can use them?
Distribution list to some one else and they can use them? I send them to my boss but, they being sent a rich text files. AS rich text file he can, not use them to send message. I need to beable to use them Insert them as an Outlook Item in a message in RTF format. Then he can just double click it to open and it will be save to his default Contacts Folder. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Anthony Frisoli" <Frisoliap@UPMC.edu> wrote in message news:00bd01c49500$4ca97890$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Distribution list to some one else and they can use them? > I send them to m...

How do I print odd numbered pages
I want to print double sided. The even numbers on one side and the odds on the other. Is there a way to do this in Excel Maryjanet, check your printer settings there may be an option there to do it, if not here is a macro from Gord Dibben that will do it Sub PrintDoubleSided() 'Will print odd or even pages 'By Gord Dibben Dim Totalpages As Long Dim pg As Long Dim oddoreven As Integer On Error GoTo enditt Totalpages = ExecuteExcel4Macro("Get.Document(50)") oddoreven = InputBox("Enter 1 for Odd, 2 for Even") For pg = oddoreven To Totalpages Step 2 ActiveWindow.S...

How do force a pie chart to use particular colors for particular slices based on legend label?
Hope this makes sense. I've got several pie charts on a page, each pulling the same categories of data, but one pie chart might have 2 of the 4 categories, one might have 3 of the 4, and so on. Because of that, the color used for, say Category 3, might be yellow in one chart and red in another. Can one force the color based on the value associated with the pie "slice" in the legend? How? Thanks Andy Novak University of North Texas On 4 Nov, 15:49, "andy.no...@unt.edu" <ano...@unt.edu> wrote: > Hope this makes sense. =A0I've got several pi...

how to I block text not to break across columns or pages ?
I want to keep certain text together and not have it split apart over columns or on a new page: like several lines comprising an address in an address book -- I want to keep it all together. Either apply a style with the Keep With Next paragraph format option to all but the last of the paragraphs you wish to keep together or Use Shift+Enter to make a line break within the same paragraph -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MV...

Web pages to view/modify AD users fields
Hi, does anyone knows some preconfigured web pages (ASP/ASP.NET with integrated authentication) to let each user view modify his own AD attributes (Phone, Mobile, FAX, etc.) ? Before starting developing, I'm cehcking is something already exists. Thanks. Massimo. Hello M, Try this one: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=modify+active+directory+from+web+page Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups ** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakja...

More than one account in Cash Flow?
Money 2004 Deluxe. Does anyone know of a way to do cash flow projections with more than one account simultaneously. Thanks.... Go to the Forecast Cash Flow page off bills and deposits. Select the account pull down. Select Multiple Accounts. Select the accounts you want??? "Bishoop" <none@none.net> wrote in message news:ueaMIEieDHA.2408@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Money 2004 Deluxe. > > Does anyone know of a way to do cash flow projections with more than one > account simultaneously. "Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mindspring.com> wrote in mes...

I want to add a label between labels how can I just add one blank
I have typed up labels with numbers on them...so when I get another map to file and it needs to be say number 225 and I already have a label made for Number 200 and number 250 and I want to put this one in between those two, so I need to add another label, but I push enter and it just scrolls my next label down and it disappears. It doesn not move all the labels down one. How do I do that? Thank you very much! You could Insert a new row before the row of labels that contains the 250, but if there are more than one label on a row you cannot avoid having empty labels on the ro...

text cells end page how split to next. Text lost!
When typing text in a cell and you get to the bottom of the page the text is lost and does not split and go onto next page. Is there a way to do this? Elaine Excel Help on "limits" or "specifications" reveals that Excel will allow 32,767 characters to be entered in a cell. However, it goes on to state that "only 1024 characters will be visible or can be printed" To work around this limitation, stick a few ALT + ENTERs in at appropriate spots, about every 200 characters.. The ALT + ENTER forces a line-feed and expands the 1024 limit. How far is not really k...

OLAP w/ Pivot update more than one page failure
I have an three OLAP cubes with Pivot table front-end. Each cube/pivot is on separate spreadsheet accessing 2 different databases. What I want to do is 1. Is is possible to have an auto_open that prompts the user to select a name out of the list from the pivot table? 2. How do you link all of the pivot "Name" fields together so that one change to the table, changes them all. I found a solution from contextures.com, but I am getting an error: Runtime error 1004 Unable to get the PivotFields property of the PivotTable Class. I have tried everything and I can't get it to wo...

HTML table too big to fit on page is lost
Hi I need to insert some HTML-formatted text into a word document. I save the HTML as a file and then use InsertFile to get it done. It works great, except when I run into a table that is too big (too many rows) to fit on one page. When that happens the table is cut short upon reaching the end of the page, rather than continuing on the following page. Is there some additional option I'm missing, or is it simply impossible? Below is my file inserting code: object _start = 0; object _end = 0; object ConfirmConversions = false; object Link = false; object Attachment ...

excel and internet pages
Aside from ebay, I need to be able to copy and paste data, including pictures, from many diiferent web pages all into one excel db. But pictures, even if inserted as objects are unstable. And text doesn't want to go into a cell without screwing up the formatting of the entire db, even if I copy/paste it into a text edito first to clear away the hypertext tags. Has anyone succeeded in doing this? Thanks If you can see what you require on screen, then you could use the PrtScrn button, and then Paste into Paint, trim and save as a file. Then, in Excel, Insert, Picture - from File. This s...

How to assign value of one column to another using Inline sql query?
I have a inline SQL query in a VB.NET. It is something like this... UPDATE EMPLOYEE SET NAME = ?, CONTACT= ?, OLDCONTACT = ?, This is working fine when i assign a value for each of '?' marks using SQLParameter. But here i need to copy one column's value into another column. Like I want to copy the value of CONTACT column into OLDCONTACT column. I know this can be done easily by a using stored proc, like UPDATE EMPLOYEE SET OLDCONTACT = CONTACT (where OLDCONTACT and CONTACT are column of same table.) How can I do it using inline query (the one shown above with ...

Using one PST for Hotmail and POP
I am using OL 2003 and Windows XP. I want to have my POP and hotmail emails delivered to the one PST store. My default OL wants to create one PST for my POP account emails, my calendar, my contacts and tasks. Then a wholly seperate pst for my hotmail emails. I cannot see how to get them delivered to tehg same Personal Folder. I want to do this for ease of use and when i automate OL and enumerate the MAPI namespace i want all the data available in one folder tree. TIA Pat Long You can't do that natively as the HTTP connection to Hotmail is a direct representation of what's on-lin...