On reopening the files I can't see pictures inserted in Word or Publisher.
0
Ahsan (2)

I'd suggest start by updating your graphics driver.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Ahsan" <Ahsan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> On reopening the files I can't see pictures inserted in Word or Publisher.

0
jl_paules1 (1069)

Cant delete any messages
Hi! My friend at work has a weird problem recently he can't delete any messages in Outlook Express the delete button doesn't work so does not the right mouse button menu delete option. When d&d the files theres a error that says "An error occurred" He works on a normal user account. Any ideas? Have your friend post in an Outlook Express newsgroup. Tell him/her to include the version of OE, the exact error message, and any other pertinent details. Outlook Express and Microsoft Outlook are not the same e-mail client, nor are they related in spite of the similarity of ...

Advanced views.."By Conversation". Is it possible to have a view where I see only the first Item of a conversation?
Hi, I receive emails from a distribution list. I have set a "Search Folder"(outlook 2003) for these emails that allow me to view items arranged by Conversation. I need to create a view that will allow me to see Only the first items in a conversation.By viewing that conversation I should be able to decide whether or not I need to expand that group and read later emails in that thread. If I decide not to follow up on that conversation, I should be able to delete it and not have items from that conversation visible. This sounds challenging but I'm sure that the Outlook experts ...

can't see my command buttons anymore?
I had wrote some VBA routines that ran by clicking a command button. Everything was fine until recently. Now when I open the spreadsheets, I cannot see the buttons. The buttons are still there and if I click on the edges they will still work? What happened? I have tried everything I can think of to be able to see them again. I have actually reinstalled excel (2003) but they don't work. This is very strange. Any ideas? Rob Did you delete some rows/columns where they were? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "rhzehr" <rhzehr@hotmail.com> wrote in mes...

I am trying to print on legal size paper, i cant set size.
I've tried print option to set up 8.5 x 14 paper put it wont hold the setting. Well, it is to do with your printer driver. Are you sure that the printer supports that paper size? Perhaps you can see if there is an updated driver for the printer. Hope this helps. Pete On Dec 14, 2:26=A0pm, Michele <Mich...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I've tried print option to set up 8.5 x 14 paper put it wont hold the > setting. =A0 ...

The size of the word-page I writ on

cant open file
I have windows vista and microsoft publisher 2007 did my website and now out of nowhere it says cant open file tried everything and is not happening What kind of file are you trying to open? What steps are you taking? What kind of error messages are you getting? Details are important. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "arleen" <arleen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B264DC25-1072-4931-B44C-7F481A13DBEE@microsoft.com... >I have windows vista and microsoft publisher 2007 did my w...

Check to see whether a table contains a set of fields already
Let's say I have a table that has five fields, a, b, c, d, and e For any given values of a,b,c (say a=1,b=2,c=3), I'd like to check whether any records in the table already have those values for those fields. For example: If my table looks like a,b,c,d,e 1,2,3,4,5 2,3,4,5,6 3,4,5,6,7 4,5,6,7,8 etc. Then, the first record would be a "match" with a=1,b=2,c=3. How do I test for that? TIA, Tom tryit wrote: >Let's say I have a table that has five fields, a, b, c, d, and e > >For any given values of ...

Major file bloating in Word97, is it fixed in Word 2003
I needed to do a document and also prepare a PowerPoint for use on a laptop. unfortunately, due to Murphy's Law, the only laptop I have in working order at the moment is an ancient Windows 98 system with Office 97 that I haven't used in years. I thought it might be easier to prepare the stuff in Office97 rather than worry about accidentally using something that would make my document incompatible. While putting a few tables and charts from Excel into a Word document, my file size swelled. Worse, when I was revising and deleting a few charts, then making a few new ones it didn...

Inserting fractions
How do I format fractions (such 1/8, 2/3) that are not available under "insert/symbol"? I have tried using superscript and subscript on the denominators, but the fraction looks different? Any ideas? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Kristen <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > How do I format fractions (such 1/8, 2/3) that are not > available under "insert/symbol"? I have tried using > superscript and subscript on the denominators, but the > fraction looks different? Insert > Object > Microsoft Equ...

Word table of Contents automatically linked to Excel?
Hi I am wondering if this is possible: I have a word document that contains a TOC (table of contents). Is it possible to automatically import the TOC into excel? I have tried embeding the document but it imports the entire document, i only need the TOC. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :) How about selecting the TOC, copy, right+click a cell, paste (or use a Paste Special option)? HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 11/9/06 7:03 PM, in article uvzG0uFBHHA.4472@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl, "Sydney" <sydneygal25@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi > > I am wonderin...

Cant get Money to work
when I try to use monwy to set up new account, all I get is "The list is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." This is the second night in a row that it has done this. Did I buy something that does not work???? In microsoft.public.money, Roaddog_tnkr wrote: >when I try to use monwy to set up new account, all I get is "The list is >temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." This is the second night >in a row that it has done this. Did I buy something that does not work???? What did you buy? What are you trying to install it on? On De...

from exchange machine i cant telnet to 25
all machine on customer lan are connecting to exchange server to post mail. when logged into the exchange server i launch cmd prompt and "telnet 192.168.0.10 25" and cant connect to smtp service (i.e from machine that host SMTP so network routing not involved) - netstat -na shows me port 25 is listening - simple mail transfer protocol is running as a service - sending mail via outlook on this server works and also show me a log on my exchange server that it coming from this servers public ip - default smtp virtual server, outbound security set at ANON. - default smtp virtua...

Publisher splittig page
I would like to know how can I split a page in Publisher. Example: I would like to split page in four equal quarter parts or Example : split top half of page in two quarter and bottom part to look like half page Example : two equal half page Thanks-- Rookie at using publisher I would like to know how can I split a page in Publisher. Example: I would like to split page in four equal quarter parts or If all four quarters are going to be the same select postcard in page setup. Example : split top half of page in two quarter and bottom part to look like half page In Publisher, Arrange, Grid...

Cannot See Outlook Root Folder
I have a user who is being notified y Exchange that his mailbox is over the size limit. When I check via system manger, his mailbox is 108MB. If I open his mailbox via Outlook ( 2000 or 2003 ), the folder size shows < 1MB. The Outlook Today folder has about 50K in it. I used the EXCHNG32 client with the same results. If I exmerge the mailbox to a pst, it is < 1MB in size. I've moved the mailbox between mail stores on the same server and it remains 108MB through ESM. I decided to move the mailbox to an Exchange 2003 server using the 2003 ESM. It shows the progress of ...

Using Background Pictures for Forms
Hello can anyone tell me any web sites where I can find background pictures to use them in my access forms ? ...

How do I remove paragraph symbols on every line in Word?
All my Word documents are coming up with paragraph symbols on every line. If the line has text, the symbol is at the end of the line. If there is no text, it's on the left. How do I remove this? CTRL+SHIFT+8 or click the � button -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> ...

HTML based E-Mail from Publisher 2003
I have been given the task of creating a newsletter that will be displayed in the text of an email. The answers I am looking for are to the following questions: Is there anyway that I can create some sort of mail merge that will personalize a greeting for a recipient list? How can I set the newsletter to appear in the center of the email body instead of flush to the left? Publisher has some mail merge ability, look to www.publishermvps.com/general for mail merge info. Pub 2003 does not support centering html content. -- David Bartosik - MS MVP for Publisher help: www.davidbartosik.com en...

insert worksheet gives me 3 duplicate sheets not one
I do insert worksheet from the Insert menu, I only have one tab highlighted and I get 3 duplicate worksheets as opposed to an new worksheet. Also when I open excel if get the worksheet i expect but if I open a new sheet I get one with some spurious numbers in it. I've tried making sure that there's nothing in XLstart or in the file line under options>general>at startup, open files in.. that's blank. So I would have thought I was back to the default settings but this doesn't seem to be the case. I have tried doing a re-install from the office disc and doing a ch...

How to start Word in Printlayout instead of Weblayout.
I'm using Outlook 2003, with Word 2003 as my text-editor. When I start a new email, Word starts in Web-layout. How can I set Word to start every time in Printlayout? Try opening Word by itself, switching to Print layout, then closing Word. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Ricky Gibson" <rickie@apd.nl> wrote in message news:eHvLc.47981$qK.40956@amsnews02.chello.com... > I'm using Outlook 2003, with Word 2003 as ...

Error message when trying to insert a chart.
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel When I try to insert a Chart into a Word document (i.e. click 'Insert'>'Chart' then select the chart type I want, bar chart for example) I just get an error message pop up saying &quot;Some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types. Select a different chart type&quot; no matter what type of chart I try to insert, so I can no longer insert charts into my word documents - it has never done this before, how can I fix it? <br><br>Thanks. Have you applied the 11.5....

How to see full path name of open workbook?
Is there a simple way to see the full path name (folder and file name) of an open workbook? Hi Joe, =CELL("filename",A1) Ed Ferrero www.edferrero.com Where do you want to see this? If you display the Web Toolbar you will see path and name if the bar. On the Title Bar? Add this code to Thisworkbook module. Private Sub Workbook_Open() ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveWorkbook.FullName End Sub Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) Application.Caption = "" End Sub Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 21:22:04 -0...

pictures automatically cropped
Hi, I am trying to add text to photos and save as JPEG using Publisher 2003 Pro. The problem I am having is the pictures are being cropped without my doing anything. This happens even when I open a picture then select "print preview" before any editing or saving of the picture. I have looked and cannot find a way to display the picture in its entirety. Thanks for any help!!! Jeff jeff wrote: > Hi, > > I am trying to add text to photos and save as JPEG using Publisher > 2003 Pro. The problem I am having is the pictures are being cropped > without my doing anyt...

Word won't open?
I have been using MS Office for Mac, v.X for about 10 months. suddenly tonight the application wouldn't open. I tried deleting and reinstalling Office but got the same result. Other application within suite work. How do I fix? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;837066 You cannot start Word X for Mac -- Paul Ballou MVP Office http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/default.aspx http://office.microsoft.com/templates http://office.microsoft.com/home Control the things you can and Don't Worry about the things you can't control. "Alan Norwood" <a...

I want to use publisher to create a cover for a CD case
-- Rod the video guy I want to have a picture on the front and back and text info on the spine. Can this program do this and if so, which template or how do I do it? In the Wizard under labels is a good place to start. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Rod" <Rod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3B83AD9-B181-46B6-AD80-98724B311061@microsoft.com... > > -- > Rod the video guy > I want to have a picture on the front and back and text info on the spine. > Can this program do this and if so, which template or how do I do it? Templates here http://ww...