Hyphenation problem when converting from Pub 2000 to Pub 2002

I have a serious problem that I hope someone can help me with. I've just been upgraded at work from Publisher 2000 to Publisher 2002. I'm finding, to my horror, than when I open my Publisher 2000 files in Publisher 2002, all the hyphenation is gone, and thus lines of text are bumped around, everything looks screwy, etc. I've checked and double-checked my hyphenation settings and everything looks okay there. So far, the only way I've found to correct the problem of the disappearing hyphens is to go through manually line-by-line and re-hyphenate. Given that I maintain several 100+ page manuals and countless handouts in Publisher, this is going to be quite a chore. Has anyone else had hyphenation problems when switching from Publisher 2000 to Publisher 2002? Does anyone know of a fix?
0
anonymous (74717)

Have you checked to see what the hyphenation options in Publisher 2002 are
set to.  Perhaps the hyphenation options are switched/selected as off.

--

The US should free all those
illegally held prisoners they are

0
donotknock (1942)
11/24/2003 9:59:35 PM
Yes, I have. They are turned on. But it doesn't help. Only new text is auto-hypenated. Old text, in any file created with Publisher 2000, is no longer hyphenated when opened in Publisher 2002. And I don't have access to Publisher 2000 any more, so I have to make everything work in Publisher 2002. As I said in my original message, the only solution I've found so far is to go through line by line and manually re-hypenate. It's a real annoyance.
0
anonymous (74717)
11/25/2003 2:21:23 PM
After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
from Annabelle4 <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...
> Yes, I have. They are turned on. But it doesn't help. Only new text
> is auto-hypenated.

The settings in Tools > Options affect hyphenation in new text boxes.
The settings in Tools > Language > Hyphenation affect existing text boxes.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6344)
11/25/2003 4:37:43 PM
Yes, Ed, thanks for pointing this out, but I've already checked the hyphenation settings in both of those locations, and have auto-hyphenation turned on in both places. It just isn't working for me, not in existing text boxes.

Ed Bennett pointed out that

     The settings in Tools > Options affect hyphenation in new text boxes
     The settings in Tools > Language > Hyphenation affect existing text boxes

0
anonymous (74717)
11/25/2003 7:36:13 PM
Annabelle this issue has never raised its head before.

I must say, you are pretty damn talented to achieve this!

--

The US should free all those
illegally held prisoners they are
torturing, abusing and denying
human rights being held at
Guantanamo Bay.

0
donotknock (1942)

Synchronizing my mobile phonebook with Outlook 2000
Hello, I have the following problem: When I try to access my Outlook Contacts via the Synchronzation software of my Siemens C55 mobile phone - I am waned about the danger of virus infection etc - I am asked to give access for 1 up to 10 minutes. Can somebody help me to get rid of this security item please? B.t.w. I am not very familiar with this, so be patient with me and don't use too technical terms. Thank you so much on beforehand. ...

VBA problem
My question is: In the first part of this code I set c, d, and e equal to the S8, T8 and U8 ranges respectively. However, when I use them in my sumproduct formula at the bottom of this code, they return P8 for c, Q8 for d, and R8 for u. What's the deal? Thanks!!! Sub MarkB() Dim m As Long Dim n As Long Dim o As Long Dim p As Long Dim q As Long Dim r As Long Dim s As Long Dim x As String Dim w As String Dim a As Range Dim b As Range Dim c As Range Dim d As Range Dim e As Range Set a = ActiveSheet.Range("I8") ...

Outlook 2000 #98
What is the name and location of the actual outbox file for Outlook 2000? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. "Smeace" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03f501c3dbad$ee1cb5f0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > What is the name and location of the actual outbox file > for Outlook 2000? Any help would be greatly appreciated. > Thanks. ALL your mail folders, contacts, diary, tasks etc etc are stored in a file with pst extension. there is NO "Outbox" file as such. ...

version 98 & 2000 new version wont print 98 files?
I have been a long time user of Publisher. It's my favorite program.I do alot of flyers and articles for my Methodist church, so purchased a newer version of Publisher 2000 for church office. My idea was to copy some of my created files so the secretary could just click and update the date, prices, etc for the annual events. I also wanted to be able to create articles for the monthly newletter, email them so they could just be popped into the newsletter publisher template I now have them using. I copied some files took them and loaded on chuch PC. They print on the laser printer ...

Problems with IE
Hello, On of my colleague has the following problem: When he tries to connect to our CRM with IE, IE accesses the site but closes the window at the same time. His computer is installed with Windows XP SP1a and the latest updates. Has someone the same problem? Gilles popups must be blocked in IE... "Gilles Gandini" wrote: > Hello, > > On of my colleague has the following problem: > > When he tries to connect to our CRM with IE, IE accesses the site but closes > the window at the same time. > > His computer is installed with Windows XP SP1a and t...

Outlook 2007
I have a tricky problem with receiving Outlook pop3 email, which has only started happening since I removed Office Pro 2003 and installed Office Ultimate 2007 (fully patched). Background ======= I have a number of pop3 email accounts, a couple from my previous ISP (Lineone/Tiscali) and a number from my current ISP. All settings are correct and identical to those used previously in Outlook 2003, which worked fine for send/receive on all accounts. Two accounts are having this problem: Account 1 email address: acc.address@tiscali.co.uk pop3 server: pop3.tiscali.co.uk Ac...

Does XL2K have "hard hyphens" (non-break hyphens)?
What I mean are those hyphens that don't break to the next row as regular hyphens do. In Word, I believe it's Ctrl+Shift+hyphen to get these. Was hoping there was something in XL2K. If it is, it isn't the same as in Word <g>. Thanks. ...

Font problem with Outlook 2003, please read.
Basically in a nutshell I want to read all of my e-mail messages in font Verdana size 9. I have it set up so that most of the messages come in with Verdana size 9 but some get through with Arial and various other fonts. How do I accomplish having every single e-mail come through always in Verdana size 9? Thank you so much in advance. You can try setting Outlook to read all your emails in text format (Options | Preferences | Email Options | Read all standard mail....). Once you've done that, you can set your plain text font to verdana 9. Ok that worked but what if I want to ke...

Back up Problem
Hi all, We can not finish backing up our database recently. So, I tried to back up each storage group seperaly. I found that one store causes the problem and backing up speed is 1.0Gb/hour. How can I see more logs on the backup? I can not see any error in the app log. Also, what's the solution to this? offline defrag? (Exchange 2003 Sp2 windows 2003 R2) Thank you. On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 12:52:03 -0700, Jane <Jane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >We can not finish backing up our database recently. So, I tried to back up >each storage group sepera...

problem with latest Publisher re: mail merge
I used to pick particular addresses from the mail merge to print but now the numbers do not match up, so when I pick the number in the mail merge the wrong address prints. -- snakes need friends What are you using for your data base? Are you using the Beta? Did you install the Beta refresh? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "snakeysue" <snakeysue@myway.com> wrote in message news:5121EB45-2A46-4D47-A301-90E344BAE215@microsoft.com... >I...

Where is the problem on Next without For?
The following coding works fine, but once I change following code "If CStr(d.Value) = ws.Name Then DelFlag = False" into "If CStr(d.Value) = ws.Name Then " "DelFlag = False" I would like to do it, so during the debugging process, I can see whether this line is proceeded or not. It pops up a message about Next without For, Does anyone have any suggestions on where is the problem? For Each ws In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets If ws.Name <> "Date" Then For Each d In MyRange If CStr(d.Value) = ws.Name Then DelF...

Cursor problem
Hi there, I would like to get the rows count for all databases but from some reasion it bring me the rows of wich database I'm in How can I show the acual tables and rows count for each database? USE Northwind GO CREATE TABLE #tblRowsCount ( Database_name varchar(255), Table_name varchar(255), Row_Count int ) GO DECLARE @db_name VARCHAR(50) DECLARE db_cursor CURSOR FOR SELECT name from sys.databases WHERE database_id NOT IN (1,2,3,4) OPEN db_cursor FETCH NEXT FROM db_cursor INTO @db_name WHILE @@FETCH_STATUS = 0 BEGIN INSERT #tblRowsCount SELECT @DB_NAME As Da...

Excel XP
Hi, Firstly let me say that I'm not even sure if this is possible! I have 2 columns of numbers, I have the formula to divide one column by another to produce a whole number: =ROUNDUP((A2/B2),0) this is fine. The number produced as a resut of this is displayed in column 3 and this number is a week number (where the week number is the first Monday in every month). In a 4th column, I would like to have the week number displayed as a date. For example: 1 would be 6 January 2003 2 would be 13 January 2003 3 would be 20 January 2003 right through to:- 52 would be 29 December 2003 I had t...

Outlook 2000 not responding #5
Today all of a sudden I'm facing the lovely problem of Outlook 2000 not wanting to run. I can get it to launch, but after a few seconds it basically freezes up. I can hear the hard drive churning, like it's trying to do something, but nothing happens. When I check Task Manager it tells me Outlooks is Not Responding. I've tried running the program in Safe mode and the same problem occurs. I've been attempting to wade through Microsoft's documentation and help on this matter but the suggested fix/patch I found sounds intimidating, involving a download, registry change...

Invalid Bookmark Problem
Hi, We are running a Small Business Server 2003 Server in our organization, with A Win 2K3 Standard Server as a BDC. After Some reorganization of User entries using OUs in Active Directory, our new Outllok Users can't access their Mailbox. When adding an exchange account in outlook. The invalid bookmark prompt comes out after clicking on Check Name. I've read KBs on outlook not being able to access the GC. I've taken down the GC(SBS Server) and promoted in again and ensured there are no logons while replications are occuring. However, the problem still persists. Is there ...

Text Box addition problem
Hi there, I have a text box called InvTot which adds up a total text box on my report to a text box on a sub form as follows: =[Total]+[rptUpgrades_sub].[Report]![txtExtTot] This works great, however, when I try: =Sum([rptUpgrades_sub].[Report]![txtGSTTot]), that is a text box on my sub form, I get a "Parameter Value" error. To make matters worse, when I try: =Sum([txtInvTot]) in my report's footer section, again I get the parameter error. What gives? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks! So txtExtTot is a text box in the Report Footer section of the subreport. It ha...

Subtract date problem
Hi there, I'm using SSRS 2008 I have period end like 1/19/2010 field and I want to generate -5 days (seperate textbox) from it like 1/15 1/16 1/17 1/18 1/19 I try =MyFileld.value - 1 and I got an error How do I sbtract day fron date field? I did also Month(myfield.value)&"/"&Day(myfield.value)-1 it works but this is not woks allways. Thanks Hi Oded > I have period end like 1/19/2010 field and I want to generate -5 days > (seperate textbox) from it like > 1/15 1/16 1/17 1/18 1/19 Is not that possible to do on the server side ,mean...

Solver for Excel 2002 crashing ??
Hi, I was trying to solve a constrained minimisation problem in Excel 2002 using the Solver add-in. Add-in works fine if I have few variables. But once I increase number of variables up to 170 Excel just crashes every time i press "solve" button. I know that Solver has a limit of 200 variables but I am still below this. Any ideas why this can happen and how to solve this? Thank you! ...

Email graphics & text problem
I am trying to send an email newsletter that has some text on top of a couloured background. When it is sent the text looks fuzzy and poor, I assume this is becuase the whole thing is converted to jpg or similar. Is there a way to correct this problem. I am using Publisher 2003. Regards Peter Allen Don't waste your time trying, just convert it to PDF and send it that way. People receiving it will be much happier with it in PDF format and you can also be certain it will be readable for everybody. -- But I want it to be automatically displayed in the preview pane etc. so that they...

Resource Problem
Hi, Here is the code ,what i am using HMODULE hmod; HRSRC hr; HGLOBAL gm; char* lock; hmod=LoadLibrary("testdll.dll"); hr=FindResource(hmod,MAKEINTRESOURCE(504),"GIF"); gm=LoadResource(hmod,hr); lock=(char *)LockResource(gm); if(hr == NULL) MessageBox("This is not working"); else MessageBox("This is working"); Here ,in this testdll.dll, we have stored Gif file as a resource and 504 is the resource identifier number. The resource type is "GIF". But its not working. plz suggest me the solution -- Regards, Ramakoteswara...

Problems Moving Mailboxes
I am trying to move a mailbox from one storage group to another on the same server. It looks like it moves the mailbox, then the status says "Saving changes to the directory" and it just sits there. I am running Exchange 2003 and I am doing the move directly from ESM. I have no other error messages in the event log, and I see the mailbox in both the original and the destination store. Her account property still says her mailbox is in the original store. The move itself took about 20 mins and it has been "saving to the directory" for almost an hour now. What can ...

Hyphen
How do I keep publisher from hyphenating words at the end of each line, how do I get publisher to just drop the word to the next line? Wendy Colleen wrote: > How do I keep publisher from hyphenating words at the end of each > line, how do I get publisher to just drop the word to the next line? ========================== Ty the following... Tools / Options / Edit tab / Hyphenation... uncheck..."Automatically hyphenate in new text boxes" / OK. -- ******John Inzer******** **MS Picture It! MVP** *****Digital Image****** Highlights and FAQs http://tinyurl.com/aczzp *********...

Matching problem, trying again
I have this worksheet where I have items in the third column that match up with items from the second column corresponding to the tenth increment decimal numbers in the first column. In the example below, the first 3 numbers in the third column match up with numbers in the second column and the rest of the numbers are "0" up until you get to the next set of tenth decimal numbers starting with 2 in the first column. I need the fourth column to first list the matching numbers from both the second and third columns and then list the rest of the non-matching numbers from the second col...

attachement problem
When i drag and drop files to an email I am replying, outlook inserts the files inside the text window. I want outlook to attach them but show the attachments in the line below the receipint adress as usual. How to do this? I use outlook 07 exciter wrote: > When i drag and drop files to an email I am replying, outlook inserts > the files inside the text window. > I want outlook to attach them but show the attachments in the line below > the receipint adress as usual. > > How to do this? > > I use outlook 07 > Looks like you are using RTF format in those e...

OUTLOOK PROBLEMS #13
When I have outlook opened I right click on my calendar or another folder and choose the option to "Open in a new window" the window pops up very small. Need Help!!!!!!!! Paris Underwood wrote: > When I have outlook opened I right click on my calendar or another folder > and choose the option to "Open in a new window" the window pops up very > small. Need Help!!!!!!!! Have you tried dragging the window to the correct size? (Do NOT use the "maximise" function....) -- Gordon Burgess-Parker Interim Systems and Management Accounting www.gbpcomputing.co....