Hyperlinks when published

When I add hyperlinks to other docs or sites to my page, they work with "ctrl
- click" in Publisher, but don't work in the preview or when published. The
only links that do work are the ones that relate to an email address. Any
ideas? Publisher 2003, IE7, XP.
0
newtothis (1)

hyperlink #4
Hello, I have. a spreadsheet with 300+ records. One column has website addresses. How can I format those cells so that when I click on the web address, it will go to the websites? I know Excel explains it but I'm not understanding it. if someone could help me with this, I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Mindy Mindy Select the cells, hit F2 and ENTER as many times as needed to roll through the range and change to hyperlinks. Whole column at a time use this macro from David McRitchie. Sub MakeHyperlinks() Dim cell As Range For Each cell In Intersect(Selection, _ ...

Publisher 2003 #15
When I open a file in Publisher 2003 that was created in Pub 2000, I can view the pcx graphics but I cannot change them are add new ones. What's wrong? ...

Copying file from publisher & excel into website template
I volunteer for a learning school for disabled kids and need help! I have a file-literature piece-front & back covers that I'm trying to clip & paste into a website template.When I copy it, I paste only single boxes-publisher will not allow me to clip the entire page????? Also, how do you copy excel files into website templates? anyone know how to transfer the whole page w/backgrd? You can go to Edit > Select All, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click the "group" icon, copy and then paste into the other document. As per the background, don't use a maste...

unable to open existing Publisher file
I have Publisher 2003 and I have been unable to open a file that I saved previously. As soon as I choose the file and click on "open" the whole program shuts down. Hello, I am having the same problem. Did you ever get in resolved? "Sandy" wrote: > I have Publisher 2003 and I have been unable to open a file that I saved > previously. As soon as I choose the file and click on "open" the whole > program shuts down. How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/198256/en-us If none of the above h...

Hyperlinks
I have a spreadsheet that is 3604 rows & 6 columns. Column E has only hyperlinks to URL's. I have filtered my data via column B. I tried to A-Z Column A. When I do, the hyperlinks do not stay with the data. The mask looks correct but when you scroll over the hyperlink you see a completely different URL.????? Can anyone tell me how to make sure the Hyperlink keeps the correct URL when filtering and sorting the data. Try using the =HYPERLINK() worksheet function Tim "LeisaA" <LeisaA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3362C55C-FBA2-43...

Excel 2000 Hyperlinks
Probably a silly question, but how do you turn off hyperlinks? I know how to remove them, but I want the entire feature turned off so that when I type an email address it doesn't turn it into an active hyperlink. In XP, you can go to Tools, Autocorrect options, but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. >>but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. Me either. You could precede the entry with an apostrophe. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP .... or hit CTRL-Z right after it converts. Rgds, Andy ...

Hyperlinks and e-mail
I want to be able to send an e-mail as a result of a vlookup. so if I have the name in Col A,the email address in Col B,the case number in Col C and the Vlookup formula on a different page I want to be able to lookup the name and also get the email hyperlink, with the case number included in the subject field. Then I need to automate that process with a Macro.......... Ade Hi not quite sure this is what you want but for mailing macros have a look at Ron's site: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ade wrote: > I want to be able to send a...

Can you hyperlink to a hyperlink?
I'm am having trouble linking/referencing a cell that contains another hyperlink. There is a master list on one tab, that has hyperlinks to all documents listed. Our other tabs (within the same spreadsheet) contain the same information that is stored in the master list tab, but specific to a group. (i.e. a training tab, lists only the training documents) The idea is to maintain only the hyperlink on the master list page, but allow others to click of the hyperlink to a document on their specific group tab, and it would open the document. Originally, I just used the &q...

Publisher 2000 & New Vers.
Created a file in Pub 2000 to print 3 up - printed fine. Associate with a new vers of Pub opened and returned same document. Document now only prints page 1 and only 1 up...despite the fact that I have verified alls ettings as appropriate for printing from Pub 2000 ... how can this be? -- GALF You might have to setup your page anew. Use the Advanced on the right on the Page setup screen. Select Multiple pages per sheet; type your numbers, adjust the margins. It should stick when you are ready to print. Just remember in the Print screen select Multiple pages per sheet. -- Mary Saue...

printing colors in Publisher XP
Everything I print in Publisher lately has had a green tint to it ,however when I am on someone elses user account from my computer it prints fine. I believe because of this that my settings are messed up on my logon to Publisher XP. How do you reset the color settings for the printing on Publisher XP? Please help. Thank You, ncl_1701 This is a printer setting. Compare your settings with another user's in the printer folder. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "ncl_1701" <ncl1701@discussions.microsoft...

how can I create a newsletter using microsoft publisher?
I am completely new to using microsoft publisher and I need quick and easy instructions for creating a newslette. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. The newletter is for a community youth group located in Los Angeles. I just need basic instructions for getting started. Thanks. Select File, New and the Wizard will come up. From the Wizard, select one of the Newsletter sample. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Joseph" <Joseph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7071C57-C525-4C11-BCA8-E67496F17079@microsoft.com... >I am completely new to using microsof...

Hyperlinks not hyperlinked in long messages
I am receiving a regular mail which contains many hyperlinks. It seems that, when the message exceeds a certain size, only the first hyperlinks work (colored blue and underlined), but they stop working somewhere in the last third of the message. I see this happening with messages with sizes of 129, 185, 210 KB. But on another message with 43KB all the hyperlinks work. (I can send the mentioned messages to someone willing to suggest a solution) I don't know if the problem has to do with the size of the message or the number of hyperlinks within. But if I break one of these messages i...

Hyperlinking images
I have a worksheet with several columns. One of the columns is entitled image which I've hyperlinked to image files. I thought that if I were to email this worksheet to someone else that my images would go along with it. Not happening. How do I set it up, so that the images are embedded on each row as a file name and if I email it to someone, all of the images are transferred also. I know it's a simple solution, but I'm not finding it. Thanks. You must either send all the image files along with the workbook or insert the images into the workbook. Sending ...

How do you import a pdf file into Microsoft publisher 2003
I'm doing my kid's school directory. I have ads thathave been submitted as pdf files. How do I place those files on my pages. Microsoft doesn't give me the answer; neither does adobe. A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from rbpublisher <rbpublisher@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > I'm doing my kid's school directory. I have ads thathave been > submitted as pdf files. How do I place those files on my pages. > Microsoft doesn't give me the answer; neither does adobe. You need to convert the PDF files to graphics suc...

Hyperlink?
I have been trying to put a hyperlink to a bank in an Excel cell. After difficulty I tried very carefully to follow instructions. When I click on the link, I get a message that starts with "Unable to open <address>" and ends with "Cannot download the information you requested." I do not know if the following is a clue. The address in the cell starts with http://. If I manually copy the address and paste it into the browser it works. But the address that finally appears starts with https://. The rest of the address is modified as well. I am using a relatively...

40 page book using Publisher 2003
I want to create a 40 page document in Publisher similar to a book. The page numbers & contents do not print in order. Can you please assist in determine how I can write this small book using using Publisher 2003? Thanks! Are you setting up your page as a booklet? If you select booklet in page setup, the pages will print in the correct order. What problems are you having? There is a specific process to print booklets to get it correct if you do not have a duplex unit. Do you have a duplex unit? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnew...

Publisher Calendar #3
Is there a way to save information in publisher 2003 from one calendar month to the next. i.e. Every Tuesday has the same activity. Every Thursday has the same activity at the same time. Is there a way to save that information and transfer to the next month without recreating that info. anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > Is there a way to save information in publisher 2003 from > one calendar month to the next. i.e. Every Tuesday has > the same activity. Every Thursday has the same activity > at the same time. Is there a way to save that > information and...

create a hyperlink field for a tamplate?
I have a template with various fields, when I make use of it, all fields are displayed correctly. One of this fields is a text string that holds pathname and file name of a document related to the record. I would like to have this string come in as a hyperlink, and not have to go and manually change each cell in the column with the Insert - Hyperlink commands. Does anyone knows how to do this? NEW If using Excel 2002 or 2003 you can set this up under Tools>Autocorrect Options>Autoformat as you type. For existing strings a formula in an adjacent cell....... =HYPERLINK(cellref) ...

How can I open/view a Publisher 2003 document without Publisher?
I am unable to have the original composer of the document save the file in a manner that can be opened (ie - file conversion). Any help will be greatly appreciated. If this is a one-time deal, you may send it me at jl dot paules at gmail dot com. I will send it back to you as a .pdf file. If you are going to be getting files from this person on a regular basis, I'd suggest you ask the originator to download something like PrimoPDF and send you a .pdf file. You will *not* be able to edit the file but you will be able to see it. (BTW, I'm a needlewoman myself.) -- JoAnn Paul...

is there a way to flip an image in Publisher
Arrange, flip -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "mbetker" <mbetker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:86233C04-9B84-41E0-B3C6-CD04DA91C163@microsoft.com... > ...

Insert hyperlink off and on ?
Why does the insert hyperlink drop down appear grayed out sometimes but at other times it works just fine. This is when I am doing a regular e-mail and want to highlight a term and insert a hyperlink. Outlook 2000. Just seems to have a mind of its own. ...

Hyperlink
I have successfully hyperlinked from a cell in Excel to a Visio file. Does anyone know how to link to a specific shape within the Visio file? The hyperlink can include page, shape, and zoom percent. Ex: http: //MyServer/MyDrawing.vsd#Page-2/Sheet.1?zoom=100 Visio will display the page, center the shape, and zoom to the given percent (but will not select the shape). Hope this helps, -- Bill K. Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "JD" <jd@tivo.com> wrote in message news:068301c350a0$badcfc60$a101280...

hyperlink problem
i have three columns that make up my pdf file names i.e. example: columnA=2010, columnB=03, columnC=33 (my file name is 20100333.pdf). i want to have a column that opens corresponding pdf files. moreover i would like the function to look up for the files in the same drive that my excel files relies on. i have all these in usb and i change many computers so each computer may give a different drive letter name to my usb. can i achieve something like that? p.s. i want to open the pdf file directly, not through the internet explorer. ...

Publisher 2003 Will it reduce my Publisher 2000 file sizes?
I am longing to buy Publisher 2003 when it is available in October (in the UK) as I believe that it has solved (to a large degree) the problem of enlarged file sizes when using photos in documents. My question is this: I've been using Publisher 2000 for ages but as I use several photos in most files, my file sizes are huge, many around 100mb. This means that every time I back up My Docs I need 3 CDs! which is a pain. If I install the 2003 version on top of my old prog, will my existing files be reduced in size automatically or will only my new files using 2003 be smaller? If existing files...

Associate Macros to a Hyperlink
I would like to associate a simple macro to a hyperlink so when click on the hyperlink, excel would go to a certain sheet and change its zoom. Can anyone help me on how to do it? Thank you MJO Hi you can use the worksheet_followhyperlink event to achieve this. E.g. put the following code in your worksheet module Private Sub Worksheet_FollowHyperlink(ByVal Target As Hyperlink) If Target.Range.Address = "$A$1" Then 'insert your code here End If End Sub The above will process your code if the hyperlink in cell A1 is invoked. HTH Frank Maria João Oliveira wrote: > I...