Hyperlinks in 2000

I am having a problem with hyperlinks in publisher 2000. I
have check the help and it says to go to insert and then
hyperlink only that option does not exist?

Any ideas how I can create a hyperlink using 2000...Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

anonymous (74717)

That only applies in a web publication not a print publication. Either
create a web publication or convert to web the print publication. And for
future reference visit http://www.davidbartosik.com/pub2k.htm

--
David Bartosik - MS MVP
for Publisher help:

"JDS" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am having a problem with hyperlinks in publisher 2000. I
> have check the help and it says to go to insert and then
> hyperlink only that option does not exist?
>
> Any ideas how I can create a hyperlink using 2000...Any
> help would be greatly appreciated.

forums1 (72)

hyperlink #4
Hello, I have. a spreadsheet with 300+ records. One column has website addresses. How can I format those cells so that when I click on the web address, it will go to the websites? I know Excel explains it but I'm not understanding it. if someone could help me with this, I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Mindy Mindy Select the cells, hit F2 and ENTER as many times as needed to roll through the range and change to hyperlinks. Whole column at a time use this macro from David McRitchie. Sub MakeHyperlinks() Dim cell As Range For Each cell In Intersect(Selection, _ ...

Outlook 2000 automatic name checking
Automatic name checking is not working. How to fix? It is selected to use that feature but does not work. Thanks, ...

Hyperlinks
I have a spreadsheet that is 3604 rows & 6 columns. Column E has only hyperlinks to URL's. I have filtered my data via column B. I tried to A-Z Column A. When I do, the hyperlinks do not stay with the data. The mask looks correct but when you scroll over the hyperlink you see a completely different URL.????? Can anyone tell me how to make sure the Hyperlink keeps the correct URL when filtering and sorting the data. Try using the =HYPERLINK() worksheet function Tim "LeisaA" <LeisaA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3362C55C-FBA2-43...

Access 2000 to 97 Conversion
I built a library database for a client in 2000, it uses several check boxes and compb boxes to perform filtering and works well in 2000. In the 97 it does not first it does not like a method I use called application.name and then it does not like the Replace statement I use in my SQL. Everything else works well. The only difference I find in the two is basicall the Microsoft 8.0 objects in the 97 version and the Microsoft 9.0 objects in the 2000. Hen I try to change the 97 version to the 9.0 I am told there is a name conflict and will not permit the selection and when I try to d...

Networkdays in Excel 2000
I just got a new computer at work with Excel 2000 installed. However the networkday function isn't in the list of functions and now m formulas don't work. Has this happened with anyone else -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com It is included in the analysis toolpack addin. Go to the Tools Menu an select Add Ins. Then check Analysis toolpack and hit OK. It should no work. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Beautiful!!! Thanks much stay_c http://raspberry-latte.blogspot.co -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Excel 2000 Hyperlinks
Probably a silly question, but how do you turn off hyperlinks? I know how to remove them, but I want the entire feature turned off so that when I type an email address it doesn't turn it into an active hyperlink. In XP, you can go to Tools, Autocorrect options, but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. >>but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. Me either. You could precede the entry with an apostrophe. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP .... or hit CTRL-Z right after it converts. Rgds, Andy ...

Hyperlinks and e-mail
I want to be able to send an e-mail as a result of a vlookup. so if I have the name in Col A,the email address in Col B,the case number in Col C and the Vlookup formula on a different page I want to be able to lookup the name and also get the email hyperlink, with the case number included in the subject field. Then I need to automate that process with a Macro.......... Ade Hi not quite sure this is what you want but for mailing macros have a look at Ron's site: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ade wrote: > I want to be able to send a...

Outlook 2000 email filters
I need help in setting up porn filters. Please Harvey harvey <hdarnell@selu.edu> wrote: > I need help in setting up porn filters. Please You can edit your "Adult Senders.txt" and "Junk Senders.txt" files with Notepad, adding to them whatever domains you wish to block. Use the Organize wizard to enable Junk and Adult filtering. You cannot modify the built-in body filters Outlook uses to scan incoming mail. For more control, get a program like http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/. -- Brian Tillman ...

Can you hyperlink to a hyperlink?
I'm am having trouble linking/referencing a cell that contains another hyperlink. There is a master list on one tab, that has hyperlinks to all documents listed. Our other tabs (within the same spreadsheet) contain the same information that is stored in the master list tab, but specific to a group. (i.e. a training tab, lists only the training documents) The idea is to maintain only the hyperlink on the master list page, but allow others to click of the hyperlink to a document on their specific group tab, and it would open the document. Originally, I just used the &q...

Publisher 2000 & New Vers.
Created a file in Pub 2000 to print 3 up - printed fine. Associate with a new vers of Pub opened and returned same document. Document now only prints page 1 and only 1 up...despite the fact that I have verified alls ettings as appropriate for printing from Pub 2000 ... how can this be? -- GALF You might have to setup your page anew. Use the Advanced on the right on the Page setup screen. Select Multiple pages per sheet; type your numbers, adjust the margins. It should stick when you are ready to print. Just remember in the Print screen select Multiple pages per sheet. -- Mary Saue...

Hyperlinks not hyperlinked in long messages
I am receiving a regular mail which contains many hyperlinks. It seems that, when the message exceeds a certain size, only the first hyperlinks work (colored blue and underlined), but they stop working somewhere in the last third of the message. I see this happening with messages with sizes of 129, 185, 210 KB. But on another message with 43KB all the hyperlinks work. (I can send the mentioned messages to someone willing to suggest a solution) I don't know if the problem has to do with the size of the message or the number of hyperlinks within. But if I break one of these messages i...

Hyperlinking images
I have a worksheet with several columns. One of the columns is entitled image which I've hyperlinked to image files. I thought that if I were to email this worksheet to someone else that my images would go along with it. Not happening. How do I set it up, so that the images are embedded on each row as a file name and if I email it to someone, all of the images are transferred also. I know it's a simple solution, but I'm not finding it. Thanks. You must either send all the image files along with the workbook or insert the images into the workbook. Sending ...

outlook 2000 disappearing mailbox contents
i have a busy public account in outlook 2000 that receives 500+ spams daily. i have diverted thousands of addresses to my junk mailbox. i still need to view them as occasionally a respectable sender finds himself in there too (probably my clicking error). thing is, now the whole list of contents has disappeared. the menu bar lists over 4,000 messages as being in there but the whole pane is blank. any ideas, please? o/s is win98. thanks. ...

windows 2000 12-10-09
i have an older version of windows and im trying to download microsoft office for school and it will not let me do it anyone have any suggestions? Trying to download the Office 2007 shouldn't be a problem. Installing it might. If you are trying to install it on Windows 2000, you can't. "tvandivier" <tvandivier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A3A6793-E303-42D3-A2C4-D708012B53A9@microsoft.com... :i have an older version of windows and im trying to download microsoft office : for school and it will not let me do it anyone have any suggestio...

Hyperlink?
I have been trying to put a hyperlink to a bank in an Excel cell. After difficulty I tried very carefully to follow instructions. When I click on the link, I get a message that starts with "Unable to open <address>" and ends with "Cannot download the information you requested." I do not know if the following is a clue. The address in the cell starts with http://. If I manually copy the address and paste it into the browser it works. But the address that finally appears starts with https://. The rest of the address is modified as well. I am using a relatively...

create a hyperlink field for a tamplate?
I have a template with various fields, when I make use of it, all fields are displayed correctly. One of this fields is a text string that holds pathname and file name of a document related to the record. I would like to have this string come in as a hyperlink, and not have to go and manually change each cell in the column with the Insert - Hyperlink commands. Does anyone knows how to do this? NEW If using Excel 2002 or 2003 you can set this up under Tools>Autocorrect Options>Autoformat as you type. For existing strings a formula in an adjacent cell....... =HYPERLINK(cellref) ...

Win 98 with Office 2000: Outlook problem
Dear expert, I use Outlook 2000 SR1 (Exchange client): Outlook illegal operation caused by <unknow> ..... (or outlook.exe) When I am close the HTML email then back to Outlook screen. It caused! Rich/plain text is no problem if Word is default email editor! rgds, David with so many thanks! ...

Insert hyperlink off and on ?
Why does the insert hyperlink drop down appear grayed out sometimes but at other times it works just fine. This is when I am doing a regular e-mail and want to highlight a term and insert a hyperlink. Outlook 2000. Just seems to have a mind of its own. ...

outputing table to excel file using VBA Access 2000
H I have a VBA module that I want to use to output an Access 2000 table to an excel spreadsheet the code is DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputTable, "xBExport", acFormatXLS, "ScotiaTrackBranchExport.xls", Fals this code worked in Access 97 I then converted the database to Access 2000 I get the following error: runtime error 2281: the formats taht enable you to output data as an MS Excel are missing or incorrectly registered in the Windows registry I checked my references to make sure using the accesss 2000 DAO and object library, etc Does anyone know the answer to this problem...

Hyperlink
I have successfully hyperlinked from a cell in Excel to a Visio file. Does anyone know how to link to a specific shape within the Visio file? The hyperlink can include page, shape, and zoom percent. Ex: http: //MyServer/MyDrawing.vsd#Page-2/Sheet.1?zoom=100 Visio will display the page, center the shape, and zoom to the given percent (but will not select the shape). Hope this helps, -- Bill K. Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "JD" <jd@tivo.com> wrote in message news:068301c350a0$badcfc60$a101280...

exchange 2000 memory sizing
We're currently running Exchange 5.5 on 8 Windows 2000 Std servers all with 1GB or more of memory. We're already licensed for Exchange 2000 CAL's....and therefore are looking to upgrade to Exchange 2000. The problem? All the documentation I've seen (266096) says that if a server has 1GB or more of memory you need to use the /3GB switch which means you need to be running Windows 2000 AS. So suddenly I have to shell out almost $30,000(CDN) to buy 8 copies of Win2k AS? Not to mention you can't upgrade to Win2k AS - I'd have to do a complete reinstall. Decreasing the mem...

hyperlink problem
i have three columns that make up my pdf file names i.e. example: columnA=2010, columnB=03, columnC=33 (my file name is 20100333.pdf). i want to have a column that opens corresponding pdf files. moreover i would like the function to look up for the files in the same drive that my excel files relies on. i have all these in usb and i change many computers so each computer may give a different drive letter name to my usb. can i achieve something like that? p.s. i want to open the pdf file directly, not through the internet explorer. ...

Setting up Exchange 5.5 mailboxes in windows 2000 domain
I have setup a test domain which is a windows 2000 domain with active directory. I have setup about 100 test users so that a I can stimulate a production environment. I have now installed a exchange server 5.5 in the 2000 domain. I want to create mailboxes for the 100 test users but is there a way of creating them automatically by mapping them in someway to the test users. I do not want to create them manually. Would a windows 2000 active directory connector and a connection agreement from wk2000 ad to exchange 5.5 directory do the trick. Can anyone give me any idea. The ADC is not de...

Delete all Hyperlinks and Actions
Hi, Is there anyway to see and delete all Hyperlinks and Actions in one go? Thanks Only with vba code AFAIK -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "Cazzy123" wrote: > Hi, > > Is there anyway to see and delete all Hyperlinks and Actions in one go? > > Thanks ...

Publisher 2003 Will it reduce my Publisher 2000 file sizes?
I am longing to buy Publisher 2003 when it is available in October (in the UK) as I believe that it has solved (to a large degree) the problem of enlarged file sizes when using photos in documents. My question is this: I've been using Publisher 2000 for ages but as I use several photos in most files, my file sizes are huge, many around 100mb. This means that every time I back up My Docs I need 3 CDs! which is a pain. If I install the 2003 version on top of my old prog, will my existing files be reduced in size automatically or will only my new files using 2003 be smaller? If existing files...