HTML based E-Mail from Publisher 2003

I have been given the task of creating a newsletter that will be
displayed in the text of an email.  The answers I am looking for are
to the following questions:

Is there anyway that I can create some sort of mail merge that will
personalize a greeting for a recipient list?

How can I set the newsletter to appear in the center of the email body
instead of flush to the left?
0
mgumpel (3)

Publisher has some mail merge ability, look to www.publishermvps.com/general
for mail merge info.
Pub 2003 does not support centering html content.

--
David Bartosik - MS MVP
for Publisher help:

"MGumpel" <mgumpel@tractebelusa.com> wrote in message
> I have been given the task of creating a newsletter that will be
> displayed in the text of an email.  The answers I am looking for are
> to the following questions:
>
> Is there anyway that I can create some sort of mail merge that will
> personalize a greeting for a recipient list?
>
> How can I set the newsletter to appear in the center of the email body
> instead of flush to the left?

0
forums1 (72)

Script for Query-Based DL's
Pardon me if posted in the wrong place. We are scripting a large amount of OU structures and administration groups with delegation through dsacls. This is something that is repeated many times. One item that is asked to create is a query-based DL. Since it would need to be ran so many times and for consistency I am trying to find if we can have the script create the Q-B DL's. I have found scripts for dsacls and the Q-B DL's but I'm having a hard time finding how to script the creation of the DL's. Does anyone know how this would be done? Thank you, Michael ...

Viewing HTML in E-mail for Outlook 97
How do you view HTML e-mail messages in Outlook 97. The mail program does not have HTML settings and when I open mail that has HTML, it coverts all of the HTML to hyperlinks. So I can't see graphics, photos, etc in- line...many thanks! Dwayne Outlook 97 does not support HTML at all. The first version to support this was Outlook 98. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Dwayne &...

outlook and HTML message
I am using outlook 2003. I have composed a message in HTML and using POP yahoo account. I sent a message to myself. In my outlook I got that message with one extra line after each line break. Where to correct the problem. Is it outlook issue or my yahoo pop issue. When I send the same email to my Gmail account, in the browser it looks the same as what I sent i.e. no extra lines etc. thanks. Put your HTML message in a table cell. "abcd" <abcd@abcd.com> wrote in message news:%23F72x7JkGHA.4828@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I am using outlook 2003. I have composed a messag...

Automatically EMPTY Junk Mail contents
I have a user who would like the contents of their JUNK MAIL folder in Outlook 2003 automatically emptied, whre is the setting for this? thanks. http://www.exchangeinbox.com/articles/014/cleanjunk.htm -- Alexander Zammit WinDeveloper Software IMF Tune - Unleash the Full Intelligent Message Filter Power http://www.windeveloper.com/imftune/ "Tadik" <tadik@msn.com> wrote in message news:umGtB$s9GHA.2288@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I have a user who would like the contents of their JUNK MAIL folder in >Outlook 2003 automatically emptied, whre is the setting for this?...

Text file to Google Base
Google requires that files bulk-oploaded to Google Base are formatted as either .txt or .xml. I have tried the first but so far with no success. One issue that might tease me is that Google require the file to be in Latin1 or UTF-8 coding. But how do I achieve this? As far as I can see this is not controllable when choosing a "Save as" "Text (tab delimited) (*.txt)" and in XP's regional settings there is no Latin1 or UTF-8. The error message I get from Google is not very helpful, it only says that I must choose the right format. I have tried to download a Google exam...

Outlook 2000
For a couple of our Outlook 2000 users mail is being sent to thier inbox in bundles. they will go an hour with out mail then all of a sudden 15 messages will drop in. this does not happen to everyone just a couple. any ideas. Exchange server? It's a problem with your NAT router and UDP: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q305572 -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.ou...

Internet Mail Service #2
When making changes to the Internet Mail Service in Exchange 2k3, do I need to restart a service? If so, which one? Thanks in advance. Mario On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 09:49:06 -0700, "Mario Castillo" <MarioCastillo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When making changes to the Internet Mail Service in Exchange 2k3, do I need >to restart a service? If so, which one? > >Thanks in advance. >Mario You mean the VS? SMTP Connector? What changes are you making? The "Internet Mail Service" connector. Under the Internet Mail Service Properties Advanced tab,...

Generating HTML
Is there ant way to include the Internet Explorer component in a MFC .exe project and somehow generate HTML. Maybe first generate XML and then using XSLT templates to generate HTML. For any solutions i'de be very thankfull. Regards, Mystique Yaa >>Is there ant way to include the Internet Explorer component in a MFC .exe project You can use CHtmlView class to use Internet Explorer in your MFC application. >> Maybe first generate XML and then using XSLT templates to generate HTML. You can use MSXML to create XML document. MSXML has many interfaces that you could use for ...

How to create a looking based on 3 fields
Hi, Can someone point me in the right direction with what I want to do: I know how to use data validation to create drop downs which is phase 1. How do I cause a result to occur based on what was chosen e.g. Col A = (user chooses ABC) Col B = 80 (because ABC was choosen) Sheet 2 will have the 'list' to choose from, so it's got all the values in a Column for the user to choose from. E.g. Col A = ABC Col B = $90 Let me know if I haven't explained what I want to archive correctly. It sounds like you can use =vlookup() or =index(match()) to retrieve the assocated value. ...

How do I get clip art to appear when saving a publisher document .
When I "publish to the web" a newsletter document in Publisher (office 2003), the clip art files are coming up as a red x. Any ideas on how to fix this? Make sure all of your pictures are uploaded to the web as well as the document. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Randy" <Randy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:992B10D5-1878-4F9F-8440-CE47027931C6@microsoft.com... > When I "publish to the web" a newsletter document in Publisher (office > 2003), > the clip art files are coming up as a red x. Any ideas on how to fix...

get_outerhtml for the HTML element does not return <HTML>......</HTML>
//////////sample code snippet//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// hr = _Browser->get_Document(&document_dispatch); if (SUCCEEDED(hr) && (document_dispatch != NULL)) { IHTMLDocument3 *document = NULL; hr = document_dispatch->QueryInterface(IID_IHTMLDocument3,(void **)&document); IHTMLElement* pElem; hr = document->get_documentElement(&pElem); // document.documentelement.outerhtml if (hr == S_OK && pElem != NULL) { pElem->get_tagName(&bstrTemp); //bstrTemp contains "HTML" for the HTML el...

Junk E-mail #2
Anyone here using Frontbridge? I'm looking for a way to redirect messages taged as SPAM to be move to the user's Junk folder. We are using Exchange 2003, and we have Outlook 2000 and 2003 users. http://www.exchangeinbox.com/articles/012/filter2exchange.htm -- Alexander Zammit WinDeveloper Software IMF Tune - Unleash the Full Intelligent Message Filter Power http://www.windeveloper.com/imftune/ "kevin" <kevin@nospam.com> wrote in message news:uAofUlwMHHA.4912@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Anyone here using Frontbridge? > I'm looking for a way to redirect ...

where are SMTP and NNTP after installing Exchange 2003?
Hi All, I am trying to install the Exchange 2003 for the first time. More or less I succeeded, but the Internet Mail Connector Wizard stops reaching the SMTP part. MS says it's 'cause I changed the default SMTP settings. And that's right, and I said I'm sorry ;o) and now I want to put the settings back to the original ones. But, all of the sudden I cannot find the SMTP manager...?!?! Under IIS console there is only WEB and FTP - even NNTP vanished...!?!? I suppose that they reside now somewhere under Exchange - but where? Thanx in advance! Kizetoni "Kizetoni"...

Retrieving deleted e-mails
Is there a way to retrieve deleted e-mails if they're gone from the deleted items folder? You can download Recuva and search for email files... (messages are stored as *.eml files) The likelihood of message recovery is not high. "Junkyard Girl" <JunkyardGirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A539B6B-47A9-4464-871E-4AFBA7EF12BD@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to retrieve deleted e-mails if they're gone from the > deleted > items folder? You can install and run an Undelete utility looking for *.EML files. The more yo...

Can you instiall Publisher 2000 with other Office 2003 products?
We have some elements of Microsoft Office 2003 installed on a machine here. We want to install Publisher 2000. Are there any compatibility issues to look out for? Should we even try to install Publisher 2000 at all? bennihaha wrote: > We have some elements of Microsoft Office 2003 installed on a machine here. > We want to install Publisher 2000. Are there any compatibility issues to > look out for? Many recommend installing it in its own separate folder from the main Office installation > Should we even try to install Publisher 2000 at all? Well, if you can't get...

Cannot export Outlook 2003 PST to Outlook 2000
Microsoft provides instructions to convert an Outlook 2003 PST file to a format that Outook 2000 can import but I have not been able to get the conversion function to work at all. Any suggestions on how to move my Outlook 2003 data to an Outlook 2000 PC? Tom Sullivan wrote: > Microsoft provides instructions to convert an Outlook 2003 > PST file to a format that Outook 2000 can import but I > have not been able to get the conversion function to work > at all. > > Any suggestions on how to move my Outlook 2003 data to an > Outlook 2000 PC? Create a new PST file in O...

-3259 Error Unable to Receive Mail via Apple Mail or Entourage
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: imap Network support assures me that when they moved the postoffice that nothing changed. Something changed! I can't use Entourage or Apple Mail anymore. Is there a special Port that needs to be open? Is there a service that needs to be running on the server? I have verified the IMAP IP address and the SMTP IP address and they tell me I have them correct. I work on a PC dominant network. I have about 30 Macs I support. We are able to use the GroupWise client 7.0.3, but it lacks the fe...

Separate E-mail
Hi! Sorry to be having so much trouble... I'm using Outlook 2003, and only one user on XP because that seems to be the only way to get our internet call waiting to work consistently. So I've tried to create two identies in Outlook so we can view our own e-mail accounts, like we used to have it under Outlook Express. I've created two "profiles" with the different e-mail accounts now, but no matter which one I click on, it downloads my husband's e-mail. I don't seem to be receiving e-mail that is actually to me. Usually I'm pretty good at figuring out a ne...

Print a HTML document programatically
Hi, I need to print a html docment dynamically produced at runtime, at that instance. I'm using shellexecute for this, which is popping up the Windows default PrintDialog. I want it to be printed directly. Can anyone suggest a solution or give some sample code for this. Please do reply. Thanks in Advance. Regards, Ajay Kumar Have you looked at IWebBrowser2::ExecWB? This also might be helpful: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnie55/html /wb_print.asp -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Ajay Kumar" &...

E-mail address could not be resolved to a record in the system
When I send a message to one of my contact, lead, or account, the recipient receives my e-mail with no problem. However, when the recipient replies my e-mail and I read that e-mail in CRM. His name will be in red color, and I will see this message too "The sender's e-mail address could not be resolved to a record in the system" In other words, CRM doesn't recongize his e-mail address in the contact automatically. Is there anyway to fix it? Note: When I send the message to the recipient, I didn't put his contact into "Regarding" field. However, when he replies...

how do i create an action button in publisher?
ei am using publisher to creat email marketing publication and are looking to add interactive buttons. I have looked every where in the software, could not find it as easy as it is in powerpoint or access and excel? Is the function hidden somewhere? I have seen it used on one of the template in publisher, could someone help.I desperately need an answer. Please What kind of action to you want Publisher to perform when you click on said button? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "John" <John@discussio...

Calculate a number based on an interval
It seems that I can't figure it out for myself and need some help. For example I have a random number from 0 to 1: 0.10 0.11 0.24 0.08 0.14 I also have two columns with interval numbers (min and max): min max 0.00 0.01 0.01 0.05 0.05 0.14 0.14 0.28 And I have one column more with simple numbers: 20 40 60 80 100 Now what I need. If I will take the first random number (0.10), it matches the third interval (0.05-0.14) and after this I have to look for the number that corresponds to this interval, in my case it is 60. I can't figure the formula that looks in what in...

html
How do you create an "html" file? We need this file to display messages & promotions on the costumer display monitor Halo! I am student!!!! ...

my office is not working properley cant send or recive e-mails
i try to write e-mails and it says that i do not have permision i have redone my account and tested it i can get the mail online and said the test was ok but still cant use outlook "dougie" <dougie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27698673-A559-408F-9793-8171B3B29DB1@microsoft.com... > i try to write e-mails and it says that i do not have permision i have > redone > my account and tested it i can get the mail online and said the test was > ok > but still cant use outlook Outlook version? Windows version? Email account type? ...

Live Mail in Outlook express
I really like the consolidation of email accounts with Live Mail within Outlook express. My question is does anybody know of an add-on that will allow enable a personnal calander; the same or much like the calander in hotmail or msn email accounts? No. If you use vista, there is a calendar but its not part of mail - it’s a separate application. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscrib...