How to uninstall Publisher 2003

I have recently upgraded two of my office computers from XP Home to XP
Profesional. After the installation Publisher no longer shows up in the all
programs list. When I try to reinstall it, it says "Uninstallation of the
patch package is not supported". So I went into add/remove programs and there
it shows up, but when i click remove it just blinks a couple times then
doesn't do anything. Do you have any suggestions on what I should try next?
0
DUDE (21)

You need to run the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility
You receive the "This patch package could not be opened" error message in an
Office program
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/295823/en-us

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"JPA Dude" <JPA Dude@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have recently upgraded two of my office computers from XP Home to XP
> Profesional. After the installation Publisher no longer shows up in the all
> programs list. When I try to reinstall it, it says "Uninstallation of the
> patch package is not supported". So I went into add/remove programs and there
> it shows up, but when i click remove it just blinks a couple times then
> doesn't do anything. Do you have any suggestions on what I should try next?

0
mary-sauer (6480)

pdf & publishing a colorful book
Will Publisher 2007 or 2003 allow me to insert colorful paintings mixed with text and then pdf them so I can send the whole book to a printer? I know Indesign by Adobe will do it but it is very expensive. -- Maggie Maggie wrote: > Will Publisher 2007 or 2003 allow me to insert colorful paintings > mixed with text and then pdf them so I can send the whole book to a > printer? I know Indesign by Adobe will do it but it is very > expensive. ==================================== Yes, you can combine graphics and text in a Microsoft Publisher document. And there's an Add-in ava...

how to use 2007 styles in Word 2003
hi everyone, we have Word 2003 but we really like the Styles that come with Word 2007. Is it possible to export these Styles and use it in Word 2003? And if yes, how can i do that. In Word 2007, click the Home tab of the ribbon. In the Styles group, click Change Styles | Style Set | Word 2003. To make this choice the default, click Change Styles again, and then click Set as Default. If/when you are prompted to save the changes to your template, choose to do so. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "skoub" <skoub@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Undelivered mail with Exchange Server 2003
This may seem like a trivial (hopefully) question to all you experts out there, but im have just been introduced to windows/exchange server 2003 and i am confused. The problem: In my company here (v small) we used to get our email using POP3 from our ISP. Now the boss decided to get a server and i set up exchange to collect the email. I set up addresses for all the users here and email gets sent and received perfectly. However there are other emails that are supposed to be coming in that noone is receiving - eg emails addressed like 'sales@blah.com' and 'info@blah.com'....

is outlook 2003 compatible on windows 7
I just got a new PC with Windows 7 and I am wondering if my Outlook 2003 that I currently have on my old computer is compatible . If yes how do I transfer all datas . If not do I need to purchase Outlook 2007 ? Thank you It is compatible. The file you need is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup or transfer: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA01...

can't view background in publisher, only in print preview
please help, the background has vanished from publisher pages, it shows up in print preview and prints ok but it's difficult to work with without seeing a background. clyde wrote: > please help, the background has vanished from publisher pages, it > shows up in print preview and prints ok but it's difficult to work > with without seeing a background. ============================== Which version of Publisher? Just a thought...but is the background on the Master Page? If it is...try going to... View and uncheck...Ignore Master Page. -- John Inzer MS-MVP Digital Med...

Outlook 2003 Hangs/freezes during spellcheck
A co-worker in my company using Outlook 2003 with Windows 2000, has showed me that frequently when she is sending an e-mail outlook hangs/freezes during or after spellcheck when sending an e-mail. I am told that it happens more often when there is an attachment. What will happens is she makes out a standard e-mail, and at some point while she is correcting it will just hang/freeze you can move the mouse and use other applications but outlook will not respond. The really weird part is that the after closing (you CAN close it WITHOUT ctrl+alt+del) it still shows as sent, and the recipients still...

Trying to share a new calendar in Outlook 2003
We are running Exchange 2007 and Outlook 2003. I followed the instructions on creating new calendars and sharing them from this Microsoft link: http://office.microsoft.com/training/Training.aspx?AssetID=RP010309851033&CTT=6&Origin=RC010333631033 For some reason when the person goes to "open" a shared calendar, their is no calendar found. They have "author" permissions. What in the world am I missing? Thanks, Annette. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com ...

unable to create user mailbox in Exchange 2003 SP2
I seem to have a big problem in that when creating a user in Exchange 2003 /w SP2 the user's email address isn't created. Also, the mailbox rights only has the user (SELF) listed and not the other properties that should be there. I manually created the smtp, x400 addresses then tried to logon to that users exchange mailbox and couldn't. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9562 Date: 7/5/2006 Time: 6:50:26 AM User: N/A Computer: MAIL1 Description: Failed to read attribute msExchUserAccountControl from Active Directory for /o=AB/ou...

Outlook 2003 #285
I have the trial version of Office 2003 on new Media Center 2005 PC. After starting Office I noticed that my user profile is always left open when I shut down or log off the PC. The message said something about not registering Outlook correctly in NT/Authority namespace? I only have one user as administrator. Do I need to add myself again as a limited user? I tried to look up the message on Internet but do not understand about writing scripts and so forth. There has got to be an easier way to install a program and have it work properly.! Lori <lorikuiper92@hotmail.com> w...

Outlook 2003 / Favorites / Public Folders
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C45A0D.B85E50C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is there any way to have a public folder favorite show up in your top = level favorites folders listing in outlook (the one that shows the = unread mail favorites etc that's new to outlook in 2003). ??? --=20 Scott ------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C45A0D.B85E50C0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//D...

Multiple Computers
Can you put Microsoft Publisher on Multiple computers? Sure, however a license is only good for one computer and a portable device such as a laptop. Read your EULA. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4285D6F7-DFDD-44A6-A21D-8E9899082B15&displaylang=en http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tou.aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Jessie" <Jessie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D6B9879-46A2-49FD-85D8-D51A6F323241@microsoft.com... > Can you put Microsoft Publisher on Multiple computers? ...

V Lookup using a combo box in Excel 2003
I have a workbook with several sheets. What I am needing to do is use V Lookup to return the value in the second column referenced by the foms control combo box. The combo box references values on a sheet called "Frac" with a cell range of A1:B31 I am able to link the forms control combo box to return the index value to the column under the combo box, which is cell G7 on a worksheet called "Worksheet" What I cannot seem to do is get the second value to populate Cell G9 on the "Worksheet" with the value from the B1:B31 range on the Frac worksheet that correspo...

Exchange 2003- whos right, the documentation or the product?
I have set my pop3 connector to route undeliveral pop3 mail to my inbox, as the documentations says, but any mail that can not be delivered is returned to sender with a 5.1.1 error?. My exchange documentation states that bbc is not supported in pop3 connector using the global mailbox - my exchange server does!, and the documentation sates that any mail delivered through pop3 must match the mail box username i.e for chris@widgets.com to be delivered i need to have a mailbox named chris - i have a number of e-mail addresses in my mailbox, confused@techxel.co.uk now beinmg another, and m...

OWA 2003 bad login
I can get to remote workplace via user/password both locally and remotely. When using a local workstation, Outlook can read/send mail via exchange just fine using the same user/password credentials. I can logon to the remote workplace but when I try to launch the "read my company email", I get an additional logon prompt and it won't give me access via the same credentials. The specific message is: "You could not be logged on to Outlook Web Access. Ensure that your user name and password are correct, and then try again" I'm assuming I've missed someth...

OWA Timeout on 2003
Hello, I am running a single Exchange 2003 server, so it is not configured as a front end server. My boss wants me to set a timeout limit for OWA. From what I can tell from reading the KBs, timeout is only offered when there is a front end server using forms based authentication. Haven't found anything for exchange 2003 that addresses this if there's no front end server. I did find this kb however for creating a timeout for OWA 2000. Can I make this registry change on 2003 and expect it to work or does anyone know any workaround for this? Exchange 2000 timeout kb--> http://...

Converting a 2003 Access Database to a 2007 Version
At my work, we have an Access database that was created in 2003 version. And now we have a new employee with Microsoft 2007 on her computer and she is unable to use the Access Program. I am guessing because it is an old version. Is there an easy way to either convert the database or do i need to do something else? Any advise is appreciated!! thanks She should be able to use the 2003 Access program. What happens when she tries? -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "Bonnie" wrote: >...

2003 migration
anyone know what the correct procedure is for deleting/removing connectors for offline 5.5 server in mixed mode exchange 2003 envir before removing the server itself from exchange? adsi edit? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822450 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/284148/ You can also use ADSI edit if you are having issues removing it using the above method. -- Jonathan No Warrenties Implied, Did you do a FULL backup today?????? "susang" wrote: > anyone know what the correct procedure is for deleting/removing connectors > for offline 5.5 se...

2003 never completes sync with Exchange
Hi, Upgraded Office to 03. Now Outlook Send/Receive details indicates attempts to Sync with Exchange in 2 areas; "sent items" & "hierarchy" never completes. Progress meter sits at 90% & "10 seconds remaining" all day. Thanks Stu close outlook, rename or delete the *.ost and let OL make a new one. (the ost is at C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, G...

Customizing Views in Outlook 2003
In previous versions of Outlook, I was able to customize my Calendar view so that it was different from my mail view. For example, in my Calendar view I was able to display four months of calendars, and the actual day calendar was narrow. In contrast, my E-Mail view was broader -- I had a narrow list of folders on the left, and a broad window to see my e-mail. Outlook 2003 doesn't appear to let me do that. If I drag the sidebar from left to include more month calendars in, that sidebar stays in the same place in E-mail, Tasks, Contacts, etc. Is there any way to change this?...

iPAQ synch to Outlook 2003
Since we installed Outlook 2003 I cannot sync to my ipaq 3670 even though I installed the latest ActiveSync version. Anyone have infor for me? TNX C;-) What's the problem? What happens when you try? -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Swiss1008" <swiss1008@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:128ae01c3f72c$3a3d6670$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Since we installed Outlook 2003 I cannot sync to my ipaq > 3670 even though I installed the latest ActiveSync...

Excel 2003 Macro Error
Hi there, I had an Excel Macro program which was running very well in Office 97. But after I had upgraded my Office 97 to Office 2003, I could not run part of the program. I got the following error when trying to run the macro" Run-time Error '1004' Unable to set the colorIndex property of the Font Class. I noticed that the worksheet is actually write-protected. and if I try to unprotect the worksheet and re-run the macro, it runs well... Could anybody help me in this. Thanks a zillion Office 2003 is more strict than earlier versions. You're going to have to unprot...

Office 2003 Update "Unsuccessful"
I installed office 2003 and have chosen the update option which shows m the need to download and install "Office 2003 Critical Update KB828041". I can download the file, but when it attempts to install immediately get the message "update unsucessful". I've made sure tha antivirus and firewall software is disabled when attempting update, bu to no avail ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hello... I had what seems to be the same problem...

Outlook 2003
When I am going through my inbox in the morning and I sometimes prematurely delete a message. When I use Ctrl+Z to try and get that message back Outlook always brings back the wrong message to my inbox. It is always a message that was deleted earlier than the one I just deleted. Can anyone tell me why this is or how I can fix it? are you using exchange server in cached mode? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Ti...

conversion from word to publisher
my computer crashed. several documents originally writen with pub got recovered but now show up in an unreadable word document. I reloaded publisher, which had disapeared in the crash, and I want to convert those word docs into back to publisher. Howdoidothat? Jojo Well, you could change the extension to .pub if you really think the files are Publisher's. What version Publisher? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jojo" <Jojo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EAB856D1-6E2A-4505-9998-E...

2003 Views that include the calendar and contacts
Because of a new computer, I had to do a fresh install of Office 2003. I was able to get my existing outlook.pst to open, and I see my messages and my contacts, but I can't get it to look the way I'm used to. Here's the way it is on my laptop: http://bassett.net/storage/OL2003layout.jpg Notice that in the "outline", the calendar and the contacts show, as does Tasks, and Sent Items etc further on down. And I don't have that "Favorite Folders" thing at the top. However, on the new computer, I can't get rid of the Favorite Folders thing that takes up room,...