How to set Outlook as default mail client for Publisher

I have created a document for email merge.  When I try to email it gives me
the error message To send a publication as an email message you must install
and configure Microsoft office Outlook 2007 or Microsoft Outlook Express
(version 5.0 or later) as the default email program on your computer.  After
you configure the email program restart Publisher for the changes to take
effect.  I am running Outlook and Publisher 2007.  I have set Outlook as the
email default in Internet options and also within Outlook.
0
Linzi (7)

Do you have Contact Manager?

Help here, although I doubt the articles address the default email program.
Create an e-mail merge
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP100498641033.aspx?pid=CH100502901033
Demo: Personalize newsletters with E-mail Merge in Publisher 2007
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA101857621033.aspx

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Linzi" <Linzi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have created a document for email merge.  When I try to email it gives me
> the error message To send a publication as an email message you must install
> and configure Microsoft office Outlook 2007 or Microsoft Outlook Express
> (version 5.0 or later) as the default email program on your computer.  After
> you configure the email program restart Publisher for the changes to take
> effect.  I am running Outlook and Publisher 2007.  I have set Outlook as the
> email default in Internet options and also within Outlook.

0
mary.sauer (2018)
2/2/2009 3:57:59 PM
I have Business Contact manager within outlook.  As you suspected the
articles below don't cover setting the mail client.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Do you have Contact Manager?
>
> Help here, although I doubt the articles address the default email program.
> Create an e-mail merge
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP100498641033.aspx?pid=CH100502901033
> Demo: Personalize newsletters with E-mail Merge in Publisher 2007
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA101857621033.aspx
>
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Linzi" <Linzi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have created a document for email merge.  When I try to email it gives me
> > the error message To send a publication as an email message you must install
> > and configure Microsoft office Outlook 2007 or Microsoft Outlook Express
> > (version 5.0 or later) as the default email program on your computer.  After
> > you configure the email program restart Publisher for the changes to take
> > effect.  I am running Outlook and Publisher 2007.  I have set Outlook as the
> > email default in Internet options and also within Outlook.

0
Linzi (7)
2/2/2009 4:19:04 PM
There are many articles dedicated to Outlook and with Business Contact Manager.
I think your issue is more with Outlook than Publisher.

Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2007
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/CH101030381033.aspx

These are the merge articles
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/results.aspx?qu=merge&av=ZOL120
--

>I have Business Contact manager within outlook.  As you suspected the
> articles below don't cover setting the mail client.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Do you have Contact Manager?
>>
>> Help here, although I doubt the articles address the default email program.
>> Create an e-mail merge
>> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP100498641033.aspx?pid=CH100502901033
>> Demo: Personalize newsletters with E-mail Merge in Publisher 2007
>> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA101857621033.aspx
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Linzi" <Linzi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have created a document for email merge.  When I try to email it gives me
>> > the error message To send a publication as an email message you must
>> > install
>> > and configure Microsoft office Outlook 2007 or Microsoft Outlook Express
>> > (version 5.0 or later) as the default email program on your computer.
>> > After
>> > you configure the email program restart Publisher for the changes to take
>> > effect.  I am running Outlook and Publisher 2007.  I have set Outlook as
>> > the
>> > email default in Internet options and also within Outlook.

0
mary.sauer (2018)
2/2/2009 5:10:12 PM
Hi

Thanks for these links.  I downloaded the toolkit but this didn't help.  I
can't work out why Publisher thinks that Outlook is not the default mail
client.  Not really sure what to try now.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> There are many articles dedicated to Outlook and with Business Contact Manager.
> I think your issue is more with Outlook than Publisher.
>
> Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2007
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/CH101030381033.aspx
>
> These are the merge articles
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/results.aspx?qu=merge&av=ZOL120
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Linzi" <Linzi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have Business Contact manager within outlook.  As you suspected the
> > articles below don't cover setting the mail client.
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> Do you have Contact Manager?
> >>
> >> Help here, although I doubt the articles address the default email program.
> >> Create an e-mail merge
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP100498641033.aspx?pid=CH100502901033
> >> Demo: Personalize newsletters with E-mail Merge in Publisher 2007
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA101857621033.aspx
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "Linzi" <Linzi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Linzi (7)
2/3/2009 2:59:02 PM
Perhaps, this would apply even though it is for 2003.

"Troubleshooting   If Outlook 2003 is set as your default e-mail client, and
the Send This Page as Message command still does not appear, you may need to
automatically repair your Microsoft Office programs. For more information
about repairing Office programs, click Automatically repair Office programs
in the See Also section, which is visible when you are connected to the
Internet."

Reference:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP010390591033.aspx?pid=CH062524821033

Reference: The Send This Page as Message command is not available when you
click Send E-mail on the File menu in Publisher:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884425

I personally would also try switching my default email client from Outlook
to OE, and then switch back.

DavidF

> Hi
>
> Thanks for these links.  I downloaded the toolkit but this didn't help.  I
> can't work out why Publisher thinks that Outlook is not the default mail
> client.  Not really sure what to try now.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> There are many articles dedicated to Outlook and with Business Contact
>> Manager.
>> I think your issue is more with Outlook than Publisher.
>>
>> Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2007
>> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/CH101030381033.aspx
>>
>> These are the merge articles
>> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/results.aspx?qu=merge&av=ZOL120
>> --
>> Mary Sauer
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Linzi" <Linzi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have Business Contact manager within outlook.  As you suspected the
>> > articles below don't cover setting the mail client.

0
Nope8657 (939)
2/3/2009 3:44:29 PM
I have tried all these and the same error message still occurs.  I wonder
whether re-installing Outlook might help as a last resort?

"DavidF" wrote:

> Perhaps, this would apply even though it is for 2003.
>
> "Troubleshooting   If Outlook 2003 is set as your default e-mail client, and
> the Send This Page as Message command still does not appear, you may need to
> automatically repair your Microsoft Office programs. For more information
> about repairing Office programs, click Automatically repair Office programs
> in the See Also section, which is visible when you are connected to the
> Internet."
>
> Reference:
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP010390591033.aspx?pid=CH062524821033
>
> Reference: The Send This Page as Message command is not available when you
> click Send E-mail on the File menu in Publisher:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884425
>
> I personally would also try switching my default email client from Outlook
> to OE, and then switch back.
>
> DavidF
>
> "Linzi" <Linzi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > Thanks for these links.  I downloaded the toolkit but this didn't help.  I
> > can't work out why Publisher thinks that Outlook is not the default mail
> > client.  Not really sure what to try now.
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> There are many articles dedicated to Outlook and with Business Contact
> >> Manager.
> >> I think your issue is more with Outlook than Publisher.
> >>
> >> Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2007
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/CH101030381033.aspx
> >>
> >> These are the merge articles
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/results.aspx?qu=merge&av=ZOL120
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "Linzi" <Linzi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Linzi (7)
2/3/2009 4:09:02 PM
I doubt it. Sorry, I don't have anything else to suggest.

DavidF

>I have tried all these and the same error message still occurs.  I wonder
> whether re-installing Outlook might help as a last resort?
>
> "DavidF" wrote:
>
>> Perhaps, this would apply even though it is for 2003.
>>
>> "Troubleshooting   If Outlook 2003 is set as your default e-mail client,
>> and
>> the Send This Page as Message command still does not appear, you may need
>> automatically repair your Microsoft Office programs. For more information
>> about repairing Office programs, click Automatically repair Office
>> programs
>> in the See Also section, which is visible when you are connected to the
>> Internet."
>>
>> Reference:
>> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP010390591033.aspx?pid=CH062524821033
>>
>> Reference: The Send This Page as Message command is not available when
>> you
>> click Send E-mail on the File menu in Publisher:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884425
>>
>> I personally would also try switching my default email client from
>> Outlook
>> to OE, and then switch back.
>>
>> DavidF
>>
>> "Linzi" <Linzi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > Thanks for these links.  I downloaded the toolkit but this didn't help.
>> > can't work out why Publisher thinks that Outlook is not the default
>> > mail
>> > client.  Not really sure what to try now.

0
Nope8657 (939)
2/3/2009 11:10:13 PM
You 're right it didn't!!
Back to the drawing board.

thanks

"DavidF" wrote:

> I doubt it. Sorry, I don't have anything else to suggest.
>
> DavidF
>
> "Linzi" <Linzi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have tried all these and the same error message still occurs.  I wonder
> > whether re-installing Outlook might help as a last resort?
> >
> > "DavidF" wrote:
> >
> >> Perhaps, this would apply even though it is for 2003.
> >>
> >> "Troubleshooting   If Outlook 2003 is set as your default e-mail client,
> >> and
> >> the Send This Page as Message command still does not appear, you may need
> >> automatically repair your Microsoft Office programs. For more information
> >> about repairing Office programs, click Automatically repair Office
> >> programs
> >> in the See Also section, which is visible when you are connected to the
> >> Internet."
> >>
> >> Reference:
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP010390591033.aspx?pid=CH062524821033
> >>
> >> Reference: The Send This Page as Message command is not available when
> >> you
> >> click Send E-mail on the File menu in Publisher:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884425
> >>
> >> I personally would also try switching my default email client from
> >> Outlook
> >> to OE, and then switch back.
> >>
> >> DavidF
> >>
> >> "Linzi" <Linzi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Linzi (7)
2/4/2009 2:02:05 PM
There are registry settings here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/944290/en-us

Scroll down to the middle of the article, see if your registry settings are
inline with what is suggested.

--

> You 're right it didn't!!
> Back to the drawing board.
>
> thanks
>
> "DavidF" wrote:
>
>> I doubt it. Sorry, I don't have anything else to suggest.
>>
>> DavidF
>>
>> "Linzi" <Linzi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have tried all these and the same error message still occurs.  I wonder
>> > whether re-installing Outlook might help as a last resort?

0
mary.sauer (2018)
2/4/2009 2:42:49 PM
I ended up re-installing my operating system and office 2007 system and it
now works.

thanks

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> There are registry settings here:
>
> Scroll down to the middle of the article, see if your registry settings are
> inline with what is suggested.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Linzi" <Linzi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > You 're right it didn't!!
> > Back to the drawing board.
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > "DavidF" wrote:
> >
> >> I doubt it. Sorry, I don't have anything else to suggest.
> >>
> >> DavidF
> >>
> >> "Linzi" <Linzi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Linzi (7)
2/5/2009 9:11:00 AM
Thanks for the update, Linzi, its too bad you had to go through all that. I'm
glad it is working properly for you, I appreciate your taking the time to post
back.

--

>I ended up re-installing my operating system and office 2007 system and it
> now works.
>
> thanks
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> There are registry settings here:
>>
>> Scroll down to the middle of the article, see if your registry settings are
>> inline with what is suggested.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Linzi" <Linzi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > You 're right it didn't!!
>> > Back to the drawing board.
>> >
>> > thanks

0
mary.sauer (2018)
2/5/2009 10:58:12 AM
yes it was a bit of a nightmare but thanks for all your suggestions.  Just
glad its working now

thanks again

Linzi

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Thanks for the update, Linzi, its too bad you had to go through all that. I'm
> glad it is working properly for you, I appreciate your taking the time to post
> back.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Linzi" <Linzi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I ended up re-installing my operating system and office 2007 system and it
> > now works.
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> There are registry settings here:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/944290/en-us
> >>
> >> Scroll down to the middle of the article, see if your registry settings are
> >> inline with what is suggested.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "Linzi" <Linzi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Linzi (7)

setting up new outlook mail account

mail merge in outlook
Is it possible to add attachments to an email sent using mail merge in Outlook? Not natively. You'd need third party software: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.asp#massmail -- Russ Valentine "Jane" <Jane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08C4BA38-F190-4D7D-93A6-2F3825523465@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to add attachments to an email sent using mail merge in > Outlook? No, that's not possible without a 3rd party add-in or some VBA scripting. For details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/65 -- Robert Sparnaaij ...

Outlook HTML signatures, with graphics
Hi I have created a HTML signature, which uses a company logo, as a graphic. I created the HTML file, and copied the actual Signature, directly into Outlook, using the 'Advanced Edit' feature, which allows Word to be used as the editor. All works fine. I can send mails to other users, and my signature is fine. It also appears fine when received at the other side. However, if a user sends me a mail, which I reply to, or forward, my signature is attached. The formatting takes place (ie. the HTML works), and the signature is displayed, however the graphics are not shown. They are inste...

OWA Set Rule problem

How do I import messages in Eudora 7 into Outlook 2007?
I have always used Eudora for my email but now I would like to use Outlook for my business email and keep Eudora for my personal email. I have the addresses set up and am receiving new emails in Outlook, but I would like to move the messages previously downloaded by Eudora into Outlook to keep everything together. How can I accomplish it? See what formats Eudora will export to, that Outlook can import. Maybe csv format Or Export msgs from Eudora to Outlook Express (Assuming not a Vista PC) then in Express Export to Outlook "jmstruwe" <jmstruwe@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Outlook 2003 hangs on exit
When closing Outlook 2003, the icon remains in the systray and the process continues to run. Forced to terminate OUTLOOK.EXE process in order to restart Outlook. Any ideas? Look for 3rd party applications that are holding it open for data use. (Activesync, WinFax, Antivirus) -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "kmeszaros@landam.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:081601c3b3ab$ef4e6e20$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When closing Outlook 2003, the icon remains in the > systr...

How to set backcolour

Changing Default Recipient Policy
Can anyone please help me out and point out any risks that are involved in changing the Default Recipient Policy? What exactly are trying to accomplish? -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2007 Microsoft Certified Partner "Help" <Help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6CF17444-BCBE-414F-9950-FB5B3EF78FF0@microsoft.com... > Can anyone please help me out and point out any risks that are involved in > changing the Default Recipient Policy? > Our default policy is @companyname.local and will not send NDR's externally. http://suppo...

Outlook Express like address book window
Is there a way to get a window frame in Outlook with a listing of addresses in one's default address book, much like that in Outlook Express? Thanks for any input Outlook is not Express so probably not. Why do you not use your contacts folder in Outlook? List it in phone list view. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Curtis Vaughan asked: | Is there a way to get a window frame in Outlook with a listing of | add...

Outlook 2003 Disconnected from Exchange Server 2003, will not reconnect.
Two days ago after setting up a mobile phone to act as a modem for my laptop, testing it, and disabling the dial-up connection associated with it, and reconnecting to my domain and usual network (non-GPRS) I find that I can no longer connect to my Exchange Server. The "Working Offline" icon shows up in the lower-right hand corner of the Outlook Client window, and when I uncheck "Work Offline", I get prompted for a username and password. Normally, I should just be able to cancel out of this window and Outlook works fine again. However, since two days ago, it does not. Th...

sending a publisher document via email to people that do not have publisher
Does anyone know how to send a publisher document to other's via email that do not have publisher so they can see it? For example, is there a way to make your document into an html document and paste that into the email and people without publisher will still see it? Give David Bartosik's site a visit for some solutions. Most folks will send their pubs as an attached pdf format file. Below is my canned response on the pdf solution. -- Don Vancouver, USA, a great city in one of the 45+ countries in America! =============== You will need a program to convert the file to a pdf ...

i can not see any mails inside archieve folders in outlook?
I transferred my mails and folders from outlook express to outlook 2007 successfully. It was 9.6 gb in total. I have archieved individual folders. However, i can see only structure (tree of folders) and there is nothing inside any folders. What could be the proble. Is there any other way to do archieve. I have downloaded back tool and done back up of outlook.pst. But i want to use archieve feature alsp. Sunil Dhanuka wrote: > I transferred my mails and folders from outlook express to outlook 2007 > successfully. It was 9.6 gb in total. I have archieved individual folders...

outlook folder sychronization
I am having trouble shutting down, outlook starts to sychronize the folders everytime I close. It seems to be looking for a server or something. At comptuer shut down it says outlook.exc is still running, even thou outlook is visably not there but the icon still shows outlook sychronizing. Is there a setting I need to turn off? Help "Steve Outlook" <SteveOutlook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F50E01E-C0C0-4CB4-A37C-D891707D9C14@microsoft.com... >I am having trouble shutting down, outlook starts to sychronize the folders > everytime I close. It s...

Outlook Client Auto Update Permissions #2
Can the Outlook Client Auto Update be run by users without administrative permissions? ...

Set Regional Settings but not Language

Sent mail in sub folder
When I reply to a message that is directed to a sub folder of my inbox the sent message is moved into the same sub folder rather than the sent items folder. I'm sure I turned something on by accident. Anyone know where this option is in Outlook 2002? Thanks... Go to Tools | Options | E-mail Options | Advanced E-mail Options. Clear the checkbox next to "In folders other than the Inbox, save replies wth original message". -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the mess...

Cannot delete mail in Outlook Express
I could not an Outlook Express user group so I will post my problem here. All of a sudden I received multiple copies of the same emails. I could delete most of them but some will not delete. Would appreciate your help. Mo "M Weiss" <m2weiss@verizon.net> wrote in message news:EwcPi.15456$Cd7.10143@trnddc03... >I could not an Outlook Express user group This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003/2007 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. For help with your OE questions, try an O...

Reading Pane Settings

Outlook Problem #7
It was suggested that to solve my problem, I need to uninstall and reinstall my TCP/IP stack as it may be corrupt. What exactly do I have to do to uninstall and reinstall. Thanks to all and hopefully someone can tell me. Regards, Pete Coppola New Jersey ...

How do I set OOR