How to open 'Read only' Publisher files

I'm running MS Publisher 2003 and need to open a .pub file that is marked
'Read Only' - Help please
John the Skipper

Have you tried the right-click on the file, properties, uncheck read only?

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"JOHN THE SKIPPER" <JOHN THE SKIPPER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm running MS Publisher 2003 and need to open a .pub file that is marked
> 'Read Only' - Help please
> John the Skipper

0
Mary
5/27/2010 10:56:43 PM
Read only should not be stopping you from viewing the file. What happens
when you try?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"JOHN THE SKIPPER" <JOHN THE SKIPPER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:089BB1DC-EDE6-4136-806E-CE94E4AFC66B@microsoft.com...
> I'm running MS Publisher 2003 and need to open a .pub file that is marked
> 'Read Only' - Help please
> John the Skipper

0
JoAnn

Publisher 2000

opening links in outlook

OL 2003 .nk2 file clears on reboot
We have a client machine whose NK2 file is cleared on reboot. We have tried creating deleting the nk2 file to have OL create a new one, created a new OL profile with no luck. When we copied another users nk2 file to his directory and renamed it to his profile the data is picked up, but no new address are stored. outlook writes to the file when it closes - so it seems outlook is not closing correctly. is there a pda or an application using outlook data? if so, close it first. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? h...

Problem trying to open old money file

Conversion from Publisher to Word
Hi; Can anyone tell me how to convert a Publisher document to Word? I don't have Publisher and my girlfriend's resume was created in it. I tried using Word 2000 to change it, but didn't see any options in the pull down menu for Publisher. If you don't have Publisher, you are hosed. There are no other programs that will open a Publisher file. You need the same or later version of Publisher to open a Publisher file. There are no Publisher viewers for any version available. -- ...

amalgamating archive files
I have several archive files and I'd like to combine them into a single one. Is there a way to do this? Thanks. Howie ...

Email with tiny attachments open slow

Need an open house sign in sheet

SheetName (Application.Caller.Parent.Name) Forces Excel to Save File
I have a VBA function in Excel that I have been using for years that will display the sheet name in a cell. The VBA function is as follows: Function SheetName() As String Application.Volatile SheetName = Application.Caller.Parent.Name End Function This works great. However, I have found that if I am using this function if I open a worksheet and not change anything Excel will prompt me if I want to save the worksheet if I have not made any changes. Why is this happening and is there a way to prevent this from happening? Thanks, Mike The problem may be Application.Volitile If ...

Update complete excel file online
Dear all, Hope you can help me with this problem. An excel file is updated on a daily basis and can only be found on the internet. The basic format of this file is always the same, the only changing aspect is the data. How, or if even possible, could I implement something (e.g. a button?) which automatically implements the updated sheet from the Internet. I am really looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks a lot and best regards, ...

cannot open excel file from outlook

opening links

Disappearing Pictures in Publisher
Hi, I have a user whose Publisher file keeps losing it's pictures. Most of the pictures are clip art. She puts one in, saves, closes, reopens and sometimes the pictures stay but after a few closes and opens the pictures are gone but there still seems to be a placeholder for them. We have made sure that the pictures are embedded using the Graphics Manager. We have gone to View / Pictures and ensured it is set to Detailed Display. When we send to the printer, the picture does not show up. When emailed to another computer the picture does not show up. We really need to fix this probl...

using my Money 2005 file on two different computers
I use MS Money 2005 for my personal financle data. My Money file lives on my computer. I want to have my bookkeeper enter data into this file. I want to be able to have her work on the data from her computer which is networked to my computer. We have tried opening the file from her computer over the network with no sucess. We can see the file but the password does not work. We have tried burning the file to a CD but when we try to open the file from her computer we can get the password to work. The same thing that happens when we try to restore a backup on her computer. We tried usi...

Best file recovery program?
I need a good file recovery program that will run both under Vista and Win 7. It needs to be able to salvage files both deleted and those lost because of disc errors. It also needs to be able to work with both internal and external hard discs, and all flavors of CD and DVD. Any recommendations? Most of the ones that allow you to download a trial have crippled to trial so much that it's really hard to judge them. Incidentally, I ran the free Recuva on a DVD-RW; I started it at 12:30 PM and at 5:30 AM (17 hours later) it showed 89% complete, and at 8:00 it had stopped with th...

publisher custom paper size
I am using Publisher 2003 and an HP Photosmart 7660 printer. I am trying to print on precut paper which is 5.5x8.5" I follow the directions for setting up custom paper sizes, but when I am in publisher the custom form does not appear. However, the custom form is set up in the printerand does show up when not in Publisher. Any suggestions? Also is there some sort of work around? Did you select the custom option in the page setup after you setup your printer? If it did not reflect the printer setting... Use your custom page setup in your printer rather than the HP default. You s...

EXCEL Files open Slow

Opening a second mdb file from an open mdb file
I have two mdb files (one used for general department use and the other for detailed reporting). For ease of maintenance, I'd like to keep these mdb files separate, but I would like to have the ability to open the second mdb file from the general dept Access program. Is there an exisitng macro or VBA code I could use to accomplish this task? Thanks for your help. Sure, you can easily just shell out to another app: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0018.htm or even create a hyperlink that opens the file. Just create a label, go to the property sheet and enter a path in the hype...

ost file #2
My Exchange account was deleted from my Outlook today. All of my data is in the .ost file. Is there any way to recover the data into a .pst file? I am having trouble reinstalling the Exchange account. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. assuming that the ost is still attached to your profile, just start the computer with no network connection. Logon to your windows box like normal and then start Outlook. Go into offline mode and export to a pst. if the ost is no longer associated to a profile, copy it off somewhere for safe keeping and then try the following. create a n...