How to insert a page in a book that has linked text boxes.

How do you link a text box to the previous and following pages after
inserting a new page in a sequentially paged document.
0
Leslie (38)

If I understand you correctly you have something like this.

10 page booklet and pages 1 through 5 are linked, page 6 isn't and pages 7
through 10 are linked.
Now you want to link all pages 1 through 10.

Here's how I would do it in Publisher 2000

Create 5 linked pages to page 5.  Now you have pages 1 through 10 linked,
page 11 and page 12 through 15 linked.

Cut (copy)/paste new page 11 (orig pg 6) to new page 6.

Now for a little razzle dazzle.

Go to new page 12 (orig 7) and extend the text box big enough all of new
page 12 through 15 are now on the single page 12.
Now Cut(copy)/paste new page 12 to new page 7 and the text will flow out to
new pages 8 through 10.

Edit, Delete pages 11 through 15.

Note: If there are images I think you will need to cut(copy)/paste them one
at a time.

If the book is so big you can't fit all of the text on one page in the
condensing operation, first convert the text to a smaller font, i.e., #4, if
needed or even smaller.

--
Don
Vancouver USA

"Leslie" <Leslie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do you link a text box to the previous and following pages after
> inserting a new page in a sequentially paged document.

0
Don
2/16/2006 7:49:44 PM
Doggone, Don, your solution is ingenious and I'll bet it will work, but
it's not simple and it's not elegant.

Publisher experts out there: isn't there a simple and elegant solution
to how  you link a text box to the previous and following pages after
inserting a new page in a sequentially paged document? Something to do
with unlinking pages and then linking them back up again, or something
like that?

Well done, Don.  I'm just picky.

Bill Pease

Don Schmidt wrote:
> If I understand you correctly you have something like this.
>
> 10 page booklet and pages 1 through 5 are linked, page 6 isn't and pages 7
> through 10 are linked.
> Now you want to link all pages 1 through 10.
>
> Here's how I would do it in Publisher 2000
>
> Create 5 linked pages to page 5.  Now you have pages 1 through 10 linked,
> page 11 and page 12 through 15 linked.
>
> Cut (copy)/paste new page 11 (orig pg 6) to new page 6.
>
> Now for a little razzle dazzle.
>
> Go to new page 12 (orig 7) and extend the text box big enough all of new
> page 12 through 15 are now on the single page 12.
> Now Cut(copy)/paste new page 12 to new page 7 and the text will flow out to
> new pages 8 through 10.
>
> Edit, Delete pages 11 through 15.
>
> Note: If there are images I think you will need to cut(copy)/paste them one
> at a time.
>
> If the book is so big you can't fit all of the text on one page in the
> condensing operation, first convert the text to a smaller font, i.e., #4, if
> needed or even smaller.
>

> --
> Don
> Vancouver USA
>

> > > How do you link a text box to the previous and following pages after
> > inserting a new page in a sequentially paged document.

william.pease@verizon.net <william.pease@verizon.net> was very recently
heard to utter:
> Something to do
> with unlinking pages and then linking them back up again, or something
> like that?

Unlinking TEXT BOXES and linking them back up again.  (Pages can't be
linked.  Text boxes on pages are linked.  Semantics, but important).

Just break the link between the text boxes on pages 5 and 6, insert a new
page at page 6, and add two new links from the text box on page 5 to the one
on page 6, and the one on page 6 to the one on the (now) page 7.

Simple.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)

Linking a Column List to a Row List #2
Thanks for the help, it worked perfectly -- Mo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Moe's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1250 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27428 ...

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

Insert trigger

Auto correct text changes
I am editing a document in word 2007 that has been saved in compatible mode. Whe I try to turn one heading into italics or bold it changes all the headings in the document to the same formatiing. Can any one help me to stop this happening. If I then press undo all the other changes revert back and not the one I have just made. I can't keep pressing undo everytime I make a change. I just want it to change the words I am highlighting See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/wholedocumentreformatted.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "David Rudman"...

Subclassing in property pages
I have tree-like combo box subclassed in my property page (derived from CPropertyPage). It works fine until I drop list and move property sheet, then drop down list stays at the same place whilst rest of dialog (property sheet) was moved. I guess that this is something with ownership but how to fix it. This is how I subclass combo: BOOL ParentSettings::OnInitDialog() { CPropertyPage::OnInitDialog(); ctlComboTree.SubclassDlgItem(IDC_PARENTS, this); return (TRUE); } ParentSettings class is derived from CPropertyPage. I created dialog associated with property pade using resource ...

Editing views on the activites page
I have stumbled upon the ability to edit views for activities by using the viewmanger.aspx page and changing the object type code to the code for activities (134). I have made these changes and have published them using deployment manager in a test environment, and they seem to be working great. The question I have is why did Microsoft hide these pages. It is possible to edit other objects (leads, opportunities, accounts, ect.) by just using the standard interface. It seems like the may not be showing these pages for a reason, but I have no idea why. If anyone has any input on this i...

How do I format publication design after page 18?
After I hit page 18 I could no longer format the publication design onto the page. Thought it might be considered the back cover but I even tried inserting pages and it still happened. Any suggestions? What formatting are you using? Text? When you setup your project did you use a wizard? What version of Publisher are you using? Have you tried, insert page, duplicate all objects on page XX? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "gw" <gw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91BA1FA9-6AA2-44C7-81D...

inserting hrs and minutes

Link subform with main form
I am trying to create a Exception Tracking form in Access. I have created a sub form in Main form. Let me first explain what is in sub form. Sub form has all the main fields to track the exception. It is in datasheet view. ExceptionID, Type,CustID, UserID, LastUpdated, Comments, DeptID,etc.. In Main form : It has two combox : ExceptionID (Form ExceptionID table), DeptID (From Department table) Also it has few buttons : Save, Exit, ViewInfo, Find Now what I want to do that I want to link these two forms such that When I select ExceptionID and DeptID from drop down combo box ...

can't execute remote proc linked servers....MSDTC error?
Error: The adapter "SQL" raised an error message. Details "HRESULT="0x80040e14" Description="The operation could not be performed because OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI" for linked server "xxxx" was unable to begin a distributed transaction." HRESULT="0x80040e14" Description="OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI" for linked server "xxxx" returned message "No transaction is active."." Here's a snippet of code similar to what I have on Server1 (note the "exec" command which runs a pr...

Change page orientation to suit selection
I have a macro to quickly print the selection. In order to get the maximum sized print, I would like to change page orientation to maximise it. Is there any way to find the size of the selection so I can get the height / width ratio? You might not have ever noticed, but the row height and column width in Excel are not measured to the same standard. Don't ask me why, because I don't know other than two different people came up with the idea of how to measure them. The standard row height is 12.75 and the standard column width is 8.43, yet when you look at the wo...

Should be able to view the 2nd page in Journal Viewer
You should be able to view the second page of a receipt in Jounal Viewer. The only way now that you can see the second page is to reprint the receipt. Reprinting is not efficient. RMS Store Operations Manager Version 1.3.1004. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the mess...

Why does Invoices take two pages when only half the first page is
Its annoying that I have to send multiple pages, 2 & sometimes even 3 pages when there is enough space on the first page to fit everything!!! Does anyone know how to remedy this? Or is switching to another accounting software the only answer? =?Utf-8?B?ZGlhbGtpbmc=?= <dialking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 28 Mar 2008 in group microsoft.public.money: > Its annoying that I have to send multiple pages, 2 & sometimes even 3 > pages when there is enough space on the first page to fit > everything!!! > > Does anyone know how to remedy this? Or is swit...

Insert with a where condition

text boxes
Hi all, I have a textbox within a userform that displays a value. I don't want any users to be able to edit this information. How do I go about this? Thanks in advance Dawna Set the "enabled" property to false. "Dawna" <Dawna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:165BADFA-E792-4245-B573-2DD5B4B998CA@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > > I have a textbox within a userform that displays a value. I don't want any > users to be able to edit this information. How do I go about this? > > Thanks in advance > Dawna ...

Page Orientation
Is it possible to set the page orientation (portrait or landscape) for individual pages? If so, then how? Whenever I set the page orientation, it is applied to all pages in the document. I'd like for some to be portrait and some landscape. Thanks! On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 13:51:13 -0700, "Smithers" <A@B.COM> wrote: >Is it possible to set the page orientation (portrait or landscape) for >individual pages? If so, then how? > >Whenever I set the page orientation, it is applied to all pages in the >document. I'd like for some to be portrait and some lan...

Insert

embed x.s sheet to HTmL page
Hi, I have a file called Bonds.xls located on my C drive in a flode called Support. I want to insert this file to a HTML pae. I trie embed, object and everything I could find but i cant get it to insert I am using office and OS wkin200. Can anybody give me some help? I dont know if I am using tags wrong o just wrong tags. thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Have you tried saving the worksheet in html format? You can incorporate this html code into the web page. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ ...

60 page file, in magazine format, pages are reversing.
Hey I created a mock up magazine, and there are about 60 pages. When I converted it to PDF, it turned in 30 pages, and in those 30 pages they doubled two pages into ONE page and THOSE pages were from complete opposite ends of the magazine. I want to read from start to finish like a magazine, 1, 2-3, 4-5, and so on and so fourth and the last page would be 60. This is kind of important, so if you could help me in any way I'd appreciate it. Sounds like you created your project in booklet form. If you print out the file it will assemble in the correct order. -- ...

how to insert data in a table

Print Chart in New Sheet on Two Pages
Is there a way to print a chart on more than one page if it is a "new sheet" as opposed to an object in a worksheet? I noticed that Page Break Preview is disabled in this case. Thanks ...