How to delete a text object?

I can delete most objects by selecting them and pressing the Delete
key.

If I do that with a text object, the Delete key deletes a character in
the text inside the object. I have found that I can right-click the
object and then select Delete Object or I can press the Detele key
while holding down the Shift key.

Is there a setting that will make Publisher select just the object
with the first click and the text with a second click? Visio works
this way and it's much easier for me -- maybe because I'm usdd to it.

--
Running Publisher 2K SP-3 in Office 2K
OS: Win 2K SP-4 (5.00.2195)

Be sure you do a single click on the text object and when pressing the
delete key should take it out.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"LurfysMa" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>I can delete most objects by selecting them and pressing the Delete
> key.
>
> If I do that with a text object, the Delete key deletes a character in
> the text inside the object. I have found that I can right-click the
> object and then select Delete Object or I can press the Detele key
> while holding down the Shift key.
>
> Is there a setting that will make Publisher select just the object
> with the first click and the text with a second click? Visio works
> this way and it's much easier for me -- maybe because I'm usdd to it.
>

> --
> Running Publisher 2K SP-3 in Office 2K
> OS: Win 2K SP-4 (5.00.2195)

0
Don
12/30/2006 8:22:44 AM
On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 00:22:44 -0800, "Don Schmidt" <Don Retired
Engineer@PNB.1987> wrote:

>Be sure you do a single click on the text object and when pressing the
>delete key should take it out.

Doesn't work on my machine. A single click on a text object selects
the object and places the cursor inside at the start of the text. The
Delete key deletes the character at the cursor position.

I am running Publisher 2000, if that makes any difference.

--
Running Publisher 2K SP-3 in Office 2K
OS: Win 2K SP-4 (5.00.2195)
0
invalid (293)
12/30/2006 10:34:28 AM
Control + X

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 00:22:44 -0800, "Don Schmidt" <Don Retired
> Engineer@PNB.1987> wrote:
>
>>Be sure you do a single click on the text object and when pressing the
>>delete key should take it out.
>
> Doesn't work on my machine. A single click on a text object selects
> the object and places the cursor inside at the start of the text. The
> Delete key deletes the character at the cursor position.
>
> I am running Publisher 2000, if that makes any difference.
>

> --
> Running Publisher 2K SP-3 in Office 2K
> OS: Win 2K SP-4 (5.00.2195)

0
mary-sauer (6480)
12/30/2006 12:52:16 PM
Mary Sauer wrote:
> Control + X

Note that this is the Cut command, this will replace any data stored on
your Clipboard.

To delete a text box, you need to have the BOX selected, not the text
within the box (which is what you seem to be describing). Click the
border of the box, and the box should become selected (the shaded
outline may change, I can't remember whether it did in Pub2000). Then
hit Delete.

This distinction is also important when moving text boxes.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

Old brain caused an error in my advice to delete a text box.  Should have
stated to use Cntrl+Shift+X (Publisher 2000)

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

> Mary Sauer wrote:
>> Control + X
>
> Note that this is the Cut command, this will replace any data stored on
> your Clipboard.
>
> To delete a text box, you need to have the BOX selected, not the text
> within the box (which is what you seem to be describing). Click the border
> of the box, and the box should become selected (the shaded outline may
> change, I can't remember whether it did in Pub2000). Then hit Delete.
>
> This distinction is also important when moving text boxes.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://ed.mvps.org

0
Don
12/30/2006 4:28:08 PM
On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 13:31:36 +0000, Ed Bennett <the_nerd@mvps.org>
wrote:

>Mary Sauer wrote:
>> Control + X
>
>Note that this is the Cut command, this will replace any data stored on
>your Clipboard.

Yes, not an ideal solution.

>To delete a text box, you need to have the BOX selected, not the text
>within the box (which is what you seem to be describing). Click the
>border of the box, and the box should become selected (the shaded
>outline may change, I can't remember whether it did in Pub2000). Then
>hit Delete.

I tried that. There is no way to select the object that I can find. As
I move the cursor close to the object, the pointer turned into a
moving van while the tip is still 1/8" away. If I then click, the
text, not the object, is selected.

If this is NOT how it works on later versions of Publisher, then I
won't worry about it as we will be upgrading soon.

--
Running Publisher 2K SP-3 in Office 2K
OS: Win 2K SP-4 (5.00.2195)
0
invalid (293)
12/30/2006 5:13:33 PM
On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 09:13:33 -0800, LurfysMa <invalid@invalid.invalid>
wrote:

>On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 13:31:36 +0000, Ed Bennett <the_nerd@mvps.org>
>wrote:
>
>>To delete a text box, you need to have the BOX selected, not the text
>>within the box (which is what you seem to be describing). Click the
>>border of the box, and the box should become selected (the shaded
>>outline may change, I can't remember whether it did in Pub2000). Then
>>hit Delete.
>
>I tried that. There is no way to select the object that I can find. As
>I move the cursor close to the object, the pointer turned into a
>moving van while the tip is still 1/8" away. If I then click, the
>text, not the object, is selected.

While I was experimenting with Ctrl-x and Ctrl-Shift-x, I discovered
that pasting the text object also leaves the text, not the object
selected. If I click on a text object and then press Ctrl-C and then
Ctrl-V, the object will be replicated and the text will be selected.
Pressing the Delete key will delete the first letter in the text.

So Ctrl-C and Delete are not consistent. I think Pub2000 is broken.

--
Running Publisher 2K SP-3 in Office 2K
OS: Win 2K SP-4 (5.00.2195)
0
invalid (293)
12/30/2006 5:22:58 PM
LurfysMa wrote:
> I tried that. There is no way to select the object that I can find. As
> I move the cursor close to the object, the pointer turned into a
> moving van while the tip is still 1/8" away. If I then click, the
> text, not the object, is selected.

Seems my memory is failing - Publisher 2000 must have behaved
differently (I have vague memories of this coming back to me now).
Publisher 2002 behaves more consistently in this regard.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org
0
the_nerd (6344)
12/30/2006 7:34:04 PM
LurfysMa wrote:
> I can delete most objects by selecting them and pressing the Delete
> key.
>
> If I do that with a text object, the Delete key deletes a character in
> the text inside the object. I have found that I can right-click the
> object and then select Delete Object or I can press the Detele key
> while holding down the Shift key.
>
> Is there a setting that will make Publisher select just the object
> with the first click and the text with a second click? Visio works
> this way and it's much easier for me -- maybe because I'm usdd to it.

I hold down the shift key and then hit the delete key.

Works to delete the text box for me :)
0
dtp2webSPAM (302)
12/30/2006 10:02:01 PM
> On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 13:31:36 +0000, Ed Bennett <the_nerd@mvps.org>
> wrote:
>
>>Mary Sauer wrote:
>>> Control + X
>>
>>Note that this is the Cut command, this will replace any data stored
>>on
>>your Clipboard.
>
> Yes, not an ideal solution.
>
>>To delete a text box, you need to have the BOX selected, not the text
>>within the box (which is what you seem to be describing). Click the
>>border of the box, and the box should become selected (the shaded
>>outline may change, I can't remember whether it did in Pub2000). Then
>>hit Delete.
>
> I tried that. There is no way to select the object that I can find. As
> I move the cursor close to the object, the pointer turned into a
> moving van while the tip is still 1/8" away. If I then click, the
> text, not the object, is selected.
>
> If this is NOT how it works on later versions of Publisher, then I
> won't worry about it as we will be upgrading soon.
> Running Publisher 2K SP-3 in Office 2K
> OS: Win 2K SP-4 (5.00.2195)

If you click with the mouse pointer inside the box then the text is
selected and will be deleted by the delete key, or if the text is not
selected but there is an insertion point then the letter beyond will be
deleted.

But if you click while  the cross above the Move Van is on the text box
outline then the box will be selected and there will be NO insertion
point in the text then the delete key will delete the box and the text.

The only change to this I can see in Pub2003 is that the little van
picture has gone but the cross remains with the same function.

Ther are other times when the box alone should be selected with no
insertion point in the text.
For instance a Text Box can be moved with the left right up down kews
only when just the box is selected.

--
John G.

0
Greentest1 (225)
1/2/2007 11:07:52 PM
I feel I answered this most effectively tho no one admitted it,

1) Click on the text object, or anywhere in it...

2) Hold down the shift key, then hit the delete key

IT'S GONE!

(as an aside: if it don't work on the first shift+delete, just
shift+delete again! either way it takes one second to do. How much time
you need to save??)

John G wrote:
> "LurfysMa" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>> On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 13:31:36 +0000, Ed Bennett <the_nerd@mvps.org>
>> wrote:

>>> Note that this is the Cut command, this will replace any data stored
>>> on
>>> your Clipboard.
>> Yes, not an ideal solution.
>>
>>> To delete a text box, you need to have the BOX selected, not the text
>>> within the box (which is what you seem to be describing). Click the
>>> border of the box, and the box should become selected (the shaded
>>> outline may change, I can't remember whether it did in Pub2000). Then
>>> hit Delete.
>> I tried that. There is no way to select the object that I can find. As
>> I move the cursor close to the object, the pointer turned into a
>> moving van while the tip is still 1/8" away. If I then click, the
>> text, not the object, is selected.
>>
>> If this is NOT how it works on later versions of Publisher, then I
>> won't worry about it as we will be upgrading soon.
>> Running Publisher 2K SP-3 in Office 2K
>> OS: Win 2K SP-4 (5.00.2195)
>
> If you click with the mouse pointer inside the box then the text is
> selected and will be deleted by the delete key, or if the text is not
> selected but there is an insertion point then the letter beyond will be
> deleted.
>
> But if you click while  the cross above the Move Van is on the text box
> outline then the box will be selected and there will be NO insertion
> point in the text then the delete key will delete the box and the text.
>
> The only change to this I can see in Pub2003 is that the little van
> picture has gone but the cross remains with the same function.
>
> Ther are other times when the box alone should be selected with no
> insertion point in the text.
> For instance a Text Box can be moved with the left right up down kews
> only when just the box is selected.
>
> --
> John G.

0
dtp2webSPAM (302)
1/3/2007 4:23:16 AM
On Wed, 3 Jan 2007 10:07:52 +1100, "John G" <Greentest@ozemail.com.au>
wrote:

>"LurfysMa" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>> On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 13:31:36 +0000, Ed Bennett <the_nerd@mvps.org>
>> wrote:

>>>Note that this is the Cut command, this will replace any data stored
>>>on
>>>your Clipboard.
>>
>> Yes, not an ideal solution.
>>
>>>To delete a text box, you need to have the BOX selected, not the text
>>>within the box (which is what you seem to be describing). Click the
>>>border of the box, and the box should become selected (the shaded
>>>outline may change, I can't remember whether it did in Pub2000). Then
>>>hit Delete.
>>
>> I tried that. There is no way to select the object that I can find. As
>> I move the cursor close to the object, the pointer turned into a
>> moving van while the tip is still 1/8" away. If I then click, the
>> text, not the object, is selected.
>>
>> If this is NOT how it works on later versions of Publisher, then I
>> won't worry about it as we will be upgrading soon.
>> Running Publisher 2K SP-3 in Office 2K
>> OS: Win 2K SP-4 (5.00.2195)
>
>If you click with the mouse pointer inside the box then the text is
>selected and will be deleted by the delete key, or if the text is not
>selected but there is an insertion point then the letter beyond will be
>deleted.

That is NOT how it works on my machine. If I click INSIDE the text
box, an insertion is always appears somewhere in the text. The whole
text is never selected unless I click and drag across trhe text.

>But if you click while  the cross above the Move Van is on the text box
>outline then the box will be selected and there will be NO insertion
>point in the text then the delete key will delete the box and the text.

That is NOT how it works on my machine. If I click OUTSIDE the text
box but close to the border, the insertion point is always placed at
the start of the text no matter which border the little van is near.

>The only change to this I can see in Pub2003 is that the little van
>picture has gone but the cross remains with the same function.

It sounds like they fixed this on 2003 if it works as you say. It does
not work like that on my copy of 2000.

>Ther are other times when the box alone should be selected with no
>insertion point in the text.

Not on my copy of 2000.

>For instance a Text Box can be moved with the left right up down keys
>only when just the box is selected.

Not on my copy of 2000. There is no way to select the text box without
the insertion point. With the insertion point present, the arrow keys
with the Alt key will move the box. The arrows by themselves move the
insertion point within the text.

Are you actually testing on 2000 or are you testing on 2003 and
speculating about 2000? Almost nothing you say about 2000 is accurate
-- at least not on my copy.

--
Running Publisher 2K SP-3 in Office 2K
OS: Win 2K SP-4 (5.00.2195)
0
invalid (293)
1/3/2007 2:49:58 PM
On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 04:23:16 GMT, Steve in NC
<dtp2webSPAM@netscape.net> wrote:

>I feel I answered this most effectively tho no one admitted it,
>
>1) Click on the text object, or anywhere in it...
>
>2) Hold down the shift key, then hit the delete key
>
>IT'S GONE!

Yes, this works and it is the most efficient solution anyone has
suggested. I thought I replied to you, but I must have gotten caught
up testing the various solutions and forgot.

>(as an aside: if it don't work on the first shift+delete, just
>shift+delete again! either way it takes one second to do. How much time
>you need to save??)

It's not only about saving 1-2 clicks or keystrokes. It's mainly about
consistency. I use many different applications (Word, Excel,
Publisher, Visio, Quicken, Access, Powerpoint, etc.). I would like the
basic editing functions to all work the same way so I don't have to
learn a different set of methods for each application. I realizd that
MSFT cannot control how Quicken works, but I expect the office suite
to all work the same way. MSFT is collecting obscene profits.
Publisher 2000 is broken. They should use some of that largesse to
write more stable and consistent software. It appears that this one
little glitch may have been fixed in 2003.

--
Running Publisher 2K SP-3 in Office 2K
OS: Win 2K SP-4 (5.00.2195)
0
invalid (293)
1/3/2007 2:59:23 PM
My apologies to LurfysMa and Steven in NC.

I tried this problem in PUB 2003 and looked back at the older vresion I
have installed.
It was Pub 2002 rather then 2000.
I installed Pub 95 and it works just as you say so I can only say you
are quite correct in the way Pub 2000 works to delete a text box but it
changes at Pub 2002 to the way I described.
--
John G.

> On Wed, 3 Jan 2007 10:07:52 +1100, "John G" <Greentest@ozemail.com.au>
> wrote:
>

>>"LurfysMa" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

>>> Yes, not an ideal solution.

>>> I tried that. There is no way to select the object that I can find.
>>> As
>>> I move the cursor close to the object, the pointer turned into a
>>> moving van while the tip is still 1/8" away. If I then click, the
>>> text, not the object, is selected.
>>>
>>> If this is NOT how it works on later versions of Publisher, then I
>>> won't worry about it as we will be upgrading soon.
>>> Running Publisher 2K SP-3 in Office 2K
>>> OS: Win 2K SP-4 (5.00.2195)
>>
>>If you click with the mouse pointer inside the box then the text is
>>selected and will be deleted by the delete key, or if the text is not
>>selected but there is an insertion point then the letter beyond will
>>be
>>deleted.
>
> That is NOT how it works on my machine. If I click INSIDE the text
> box, an insertion is always appears somewhere in the text. The whole
> text is never selected unless I click and drag across trhe text.
>
>>But if you click while  the cross above the Move Van is on the text
>>box
>>outline then the box will be selected and there will be NO insertion
>>point in the text then the delete key will delete the box and the
>>text.
>
> That is NOT how it works on my machine. If I click OUTSIDE the text
> box but close to the border, the insertion point is always placed at
> the start of the text no matter which border the little van is near.
>
>>The only change to this I can see in Pub2003 is that the little van
>>picture has gone but the cross remains with the same function.
>
> It sounds like they fixed this on 2003 if it works as you say. It does
> not work like that on my copy of 2000.
>
>>Ther are other times when the box alone should be selected with no
>>insertion point in the text.
>
> Not on my copy of 2000.
>
>>For instance a Text Box can be moved with the left right up down keys
>>only when just the box is selected.
>
> Not on my copy of 2000. There is no way to select the text box without
> the insertion point. With the insertion point present, the arrow keys
> with the Alt key will move the box. The arrows by themselves move the
> insertion point within the text.
>
> Are you actually testing on 2000 or are you testing on 2003 and
> speculating about 2000? Almost nothing you say about 2000 is accurate
> -- at least not on my copy.
>
> --
> Running Publisher 2K SP-3 in Office 2K
> OS: Win 2K SP-4 (5.00.2195)

0
Greentest1 (225)
1/4/2007 5:18:14 AM
On Thu, 4 Jan 2007 16:18:14 +1100, "John G" <Greentest@ozemail.com.au>
wrote:

>My apologies to LurfysMa and Steven in NC.
>
>I tried this problem in PUB 2003 and looked back at the older vresion I
>have installed.
>It was Pub 2002 rather then 2000.
>I installed Pub 95 and it works just as you say so I can only say you
>are quite correct in the way Pub 2000 works to delete a text box but it
>changes at Pub 2002 to the way I described.

I'm glad to hear that it is fixed in later versions. We will be
upgrading soon. Thanks.

--
Running Publisher 2K SP-3 in Office 2K
OS: Win 2K SP-4 (5.00.2195)
0
invalid (293)
1/4/2007 2:29:32 PM
Sometimes I have to click the text box around the outside of the text twice
to get it to turn into small dotted square.  That is how I know it is ready
to delete.

christina

"LurfysMa" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> On Wed, 3 Jan 2007 10:07:52 +1100, "John G" <Greentest@ozemail.com.au>
> wrote:
>

>>"LurfysMa" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

>>> Yes, not an ideal solution.

>>> I tried that. There is no way to select the object that I can find. As
>>> I move the cursor close to the object, the pointer turned into a
>>> moving van while the tip is still 1/8" away. If I then click, the
>>> text, not the object, is selected.
>>>
>>> If this is NOT how it works on later versions of Publisher, then I
>>> won't worry about it as we will be upgrading soon.
>>> Running Publisher 2K SP-3 in Office 2K
>>> OS: Win 2K SP-4 (5.00.2195)
>>
>>If you click with the mouse pointer inside the box then the text is
>>selected and will be deleted by the delete key, or if the text is not
>>selected but there is an insertion point then the letter beyond will be
>>deleted.
>
> That is NOT how it works on my machine. If I click INSIDE the text
> box, an insertion is always appears somewhere in the text. The whole
> text is never selected unless I click and drag across trhe text.
>
>>But if you click while  the cross above the Move Van is on the text box
>>outline then the box will be selected and there will be NO insertion
>>point in the text then the delete key will delete the box and the text.
>
> That is NOT how it works on my machine. If I click OUTSIDE the text
> box but close to the border, the insertion point is always placed at
> the start of the text no matter which border the little van is near.
>
>>The only change to this I can see in Pub2003 is that the little van
>>picture has gone but the cross remains with the same function.
>
> It sounds like they fixed this on 2003 if it works as you say. It does
> not work like that on my copy of 2000.
>
>>Ther are other times when the box alone should be selected with no
>>insertion point in the text.
>
> Not on my copy of 2000.
>
>>For instance a Text Box can be moved with the left right up down keys
>>only when just the box is selected.
>
> Not on my copy of 2000. There is no way to select the text box without
> the insertion point. With the insertion point present, the arrow keys
> with the Alt key will move the box. The arrows by themselves move the
> insertion point within the text.
>
> Are you actually testing on 2000 or are you testing on 2003 and
> speculating about 2000? Almost nothing you say about 2000 is accurate
> -- at least not on my copy.
>
> --
> Running Publisher 2K SP-3 in Office 2K
> OS: Win 2K SP-4 (5.00.2195)

 Steve in NC, you are absolutely right!  I have Pub 2000 sp-3 also, and
always wanted to be able to delete a text  object a fast way.  Thanks for
your input.  It  helped tremendously.
--
S Jan

"Steve in NC" wrote:

> I feel I answered this most effectively tho no one admitted it,
>
> 1) Click on the text object, or anywhere in it...
>
> 2) Hold down the shift key, then hit the delete key
>
> IT'S GONE!
>
> (as an aside: if it don't work on the first shift+delete, just
> shift+delete again! either way it takes one second to do. How much time
> you need to save??)
>

> John G wrote:
> > "LurfysMa" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

> >> Yes, not an ideal solution.

> >> I tried that. There is no way to select the object that I can find. As
> >> I move the cursor close to the object, the pointer turned into a
> >> moving van while the tip is still 1/8" away. If I then click, the
> >> text, not the object, is selected.
> >>
> >> If this is NOT how it works on later versions of Publisher, then I
> >> won't worry about it as we will be upgrading soon.
> >> Running Publisher 2K SP-3 in Office 2K
> >> OS: Win 2K SP-4 (5.00.2195)
> >
> > If you click with the mouse pointer inside the box then the text is
> > selected and will be deleted by the delete key, or if the text is not
> > selected but there is an insertion point then the letter beyond will be
> > deleted.
> >
> > But if you click while  the cross above the Move Van is on the text box
> > outline then the box will be selected and there will be NO insertion
> > point in the text then the delete key will delete the box and the text.
> >
> > The only change to this I can see in Pub2003 is that the little van
> > picture has gone but the cross remains with the same function.
> >
> > Ther are other times when the box alone should be selected with no
> > insertion point in the text.
> > For instance a Text Box can be moved with the left right up down kews
> > only when just the box is selected.
> >
> > --
> > John G.

0
Sagit (37)

Populating objects from XML file
Hello, I have an XML file that contains parent / child relations between objects. e.g. There is a Manager who can have one to many employees and these employees can have one to many phone numbers. I would like to know the best way to retrieve this information from the XML file and store into business objects. I have the following idea which would work 1) Load the XML file into a DataSet (After validating against a schema) and then use the relationships defined in the schema to match objects between datatables Is there a better / way to do this? Thanks Adam Adam w...

Graph with text
I have a status field "Open, Working, On-Hold, or Done" and a second column for project name. I want to create a chart that shows the project name on the x-axis and the status on the Y axis. THIS IS A SECOND REQUEST, please help. DDBeards You need to convert the status to a numerical scale (1,2,3,4), plot X=project vs Y=numerical status, and finally fix up the vertical axis: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Y_CategoryAxis.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ DDBe...

Select All Pictures and Change Wrapping Style to Behind Text
I am trying to get a macro that can change the wrapping style to behind text for all the pictures in the document. It would also be great if I could get this macro to change a lot of other properties too. For example, I want all the photos behind text, center horizontal alignment, height = 4", width = proportional. It would also be great if this macro could add a text box under each picture which was grouped with its respective picture. Any advice on any of this would be greatly appreciated. Funny you should ask this now. I was just fighting with the same problem yeste...

How do I arch a line of text within a banner?
I am trying to design a banner that will have two lines of text. Rather than both lines being straight, I would like to arch the top line over the second line so that I can insert artwork between the two lines of text. Can this be accomplished with this program? If not, is there a program available the I could use instead. Thank You. *Brandon* numberonesignguy wrote: > I am trying to design a banner that will have two lines of text. > Rather than both lines being straight, I would like to arch the top > line over the second line so that I can insert artwork between the > two...

Why doesn't the text fit its self around my graphics?
I'm using Publisher 2003. I've inserted a clipart but the text goes under the graphic. I want the text to flow around the graphic. PLEASE help me get the text to flow around my graphic. I've used Pub 2000 and haven't run into this problem....can't find anything to fix this! Thanks in advance!!! -- Kelvin Using Pub 2000 here also Kelvin, Give this a try. Put the clipart on top layer. Use the icons in the tool bar that look like three little squares. One sends the active text or image box to the back and the other brings them to the front. -- Don -------- Vancou...

How to Delete or Edit System Views
i have several sytem (i.e.public) views in our CRM 3.0c installation that I need to either delete or modify. I (as admin) cannot do either. These are not the Default system-defined views, but views that were created after the initial installtion. We upgraded from CRM 2 to 3 and these may have initially been created in CRM 2. Does anyone know how I can make them editable again? ...

Text to Columns
500+ sentences, I need to seperate (text to columns) after the first "-" only. There are subsequent "-" but I only want it seperated at the first. And when I seperate it in the second column I do not want a space preceeding the text. Can you give advice on this, any help would be much appreciated! Thanks Sample Data AIR TAXI - An aircraft operator who conducts operations for hire or compensation in accordance with FAR Part 135 in an aircraft with 30 or fewer passenger seats and a payload capacity of 7,500# or less. An air taxi operates on an on-dem...

I can not copy text into a brochure without another textbox opening
Hi all, Every time I try to copy and past into a textbox already created by a publisher template, another textbox is created by defalut to add the text into it. I want to just add the text into the textbox already within the template like you could with Publisher 2000. Thanks, Kelsey Is your cursor inside the textbox when you paste? If you just paste Publisher will create a new text box. If this isn't the answer create a new textbox, paste and delete the original text box. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com &q...

DataSet row to a Object Array Casting issue. Boolean
I have a class name OrderAckType and it has 3 variables public boolen orderSubmit; public string orderid; public string orderNumber; and i have to get the data from the database and basically this is my Query select Convert(bit,1) as orderSubmit, orderid,orderNumber from order_master The data is returned in the DataSet. Now i want to move that data to this object. so i am doing this. OrderAckType[] oack2 = new OrderAckType[10]; oOrderAckDS.Tables[0].Rows.CopyTo(oack2,0); it cannot convert this bcos of the casting, in the Dataset the ordersubmit is "true" and datatype String. ...

Delete Right 5 if
I need a macro to do the following in B3:B500 If(right(......,5)="Total" Delete Right(........,6) Hope this is clear You not necessarily need a macro, the following formula in a helper column does the job: =IF(RIGHT(B3;5)="Total";MID(B3;1;LEN(B3)-6);B3) Regards, Stefi „Esrei” ezt írta: > I need a macro to do the following in B3:B500 > If(right(......,5)="Total" > Delete Right(........,6) > > Hope this is clear You don't need a mcro, just insert a new column next to column B In row 3 of the new column, use this formula, and copy it ...

selecting text and spikes

Writing Text File with code UTF-8
Hello Does somebody know how to write a Text File with code UTF-8 from Dexterity? I know that are 3 functions to write text files: TextFile_Writeline() TextFile_WriteDOS() TextFile_WriteText() But there is not therein a parameter to achieve text file be written with code UTF-8. I=92ll appreciate your guide. Best regards. ------=_NextPart_0001_A41C49B3 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Dexterity does not support double byte or unicode. You might need to use COM or win32 dll calls to get the OS to write the file for you. The difference between WriteLine and WriteDOS i...

New History Item, Mail Message sends all messages as Rich Text Format
We are using Business Contact Manager 2007 with Outlook 2007. We are not using Exchange server as a backend, just plain old pop3/smtp mail servers. Problem we are having is when we open up an account, Click on New History Item, Mail Message, and if we send an attachment with that, the person that receives the message gets it in Rich Text format. If we right click on the Email address itself and click on Send Mail. The message will be sent out fine. Right click on the message and looking at the properties of the email address has the internet format listed as "Let Outlook decide the ...

Text box set to memo vs. Lines Coded on a report
I have a report which looks like a legal pad with lines. 24 actual spaces. The number of lines can not change. I have duplicated a form from Excel to eliminate using it altogether. So it looks just like the Excel Report. I coded the lines into the report. I am using a text box with data type set to memo. I have several issues. 1. If the data entered into the textbox from my form fits in to the text box on one line, then there is no problem. I can just move the page footer to more or less the right position to allow it to fit inside the coded lines. (It is not exact, but close...

Delete blank Last page

ITEM DELETION
I have multiple locations running rms and we change items frequently making item deletion necessary. is there a SQL command to delete random item numbers for product that we will no longer carry from the database? Thanks, Jim Conway Jim, NEVER, EVER DELETE ITEMS!!! You are doing yourself a GREAT disservice by deleting them. You are deleting your history of what you have done. Same goes for sales, purchase orders, customers, etc. How can you create a informed decision without past information? Computers are fast & cheap and getting faster & cheaper by the day. Hard driv...

Can't send if text entered in message body
I'm having a strange send error. If I just put the recipient address and a subject, the email will send. If I add ANY text to the message, when I click "Send & Receive" it starts to send, I get the progress bar, then it just sits there until it errors out. I'm totally stumped by this one...any help out there? Thanks, Rod ...

Permanently Deleting Items
Hello. I am using exchange 2003 and I want to be able to have mail in the users' deleted mailbox automatically delete after a certain time (say 2 days). Under the mailbox store, I have it set to keep deleted items for 1 day, but it's not deleting the mail (Im have a feeling now that this setting has to do with recovering mail that a user has permanently deleted). In any event, is there a way for me to do this, or even to periodically clean mail from the users junk folder. Thanks. You should be able to use Mailbox Manager for this (don't have a KB article handy) Re your...

Text wrap spec
People, I thought I understood that the text wrap limit for any given cell was 1024 and indeed when I look at the specification for Excel, it states that only 1024 text characters will display in a cell. However, I have the following condition (Excel 2003 running under Windows XP Pro). I have a column that is 35 wide. I entered repeating text in four paragraphs. The total length of my string is 1093 characters (verified using the Len function). The last word wrap occurs at character 1032, definitely beyond the 1024 limit. The total number of characters that shows in the cell is 1074 an...

Import/Export Text Specification
Is it possible to copy a single "Import/Export Text Specification" from one mdb to another? From the file that does not have the specification, File | Get External Data .... | Import, then choose .mdb file type and choose the file that has the specification in it, then click Options button in the wizard window and select the checkbox for importing import/export specifications. -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "JimP" <jpockmire@houston.rr.com> wrote in message news:4656fdde$0$9933$4c368faf@roadrunner.co...

how do I delete an email address in my address book?
I would like to delete an email address that comes up when I start typing in this particular email address. When the drop-down address list appears, use your down arrow key on the keyboard to select it and press the Delete key. "Judy" wrote: > I would like to delete an email address that comes up when I start typing in > this particular email address. ...

Exchange server 2003 deleted, HELP!!!
Hi, I started with an Exchange 2003 (Windows 2003 server in an Windows 2003 AD) server in our organisation. Later we added a Exchange 2003 cluster. Everything went just fine until... I first moved all mailboxes from the old server to the cluster and deleted the old server with the Enterprise Manager. I know a very bold and stupid action, expecially if you haven't checked things properly before the action. I forgot to replicate the Public Folders to the new Exchange cluster. Anyway, is there a way to get the old Exchange server back in the Active Directory? SillySys ...

Richedit GDI Object Leak
I finished a Richedit that can insert bitmap or other ole object(impl from IRichEditOleCallback), it can work well, but if you drag one ole object to a new position( or just move it but don't change its position), a GDI object will be create and nerver be deleted, how to deleted this GDI object?? ...

re: VBA Problem
Thanks in advance for any help... I'm creating a frontend form for a spreadsheet which uses a lot of textboxes. I want to be able to pass any of these textbox objects to a function which will alter the object's properties. A simplified version of the code is shown below: Private Sub TextBox1_Change() Call makeRed(TextBox1) ' error 13 End Sub Private Sub TextBox2_Change() Call makeRed(TextBox2) 'error 13 End Sub Private Sub makeRed(ByRef tb As TextBox) tb.BackColor = vbRed End Sub I can get this to work using Visual Basic 5. But using VBA for Excel 97, whe...