How to create a member picture ID with text on both sides.

I would like to know if anyone here knows how to go about creating a picture
ID, but also include text on the reverse side.  I have heard you can create
many projects with Publisher or Word.  I succeeded this with MGI Photosuite3,
the "Fun IDs" project but it does not print on the reverse side.

You can email me to JP-Graphics@juno.com
0
Graphics1 (3)

Do you have a duplex printer? Otherwise create a two page publication, print the
first page (current page) turn it over and print again. Keep in mind if "Bob's"
picture is on the left side of the card sheet on the front, "Bob's" info will have to
be on the right side of the card sheet on the back. (This is assuming you are using
commercial stock that prints more than one id card at a time.)

If you are printing one card at a time, setup your printer for the size of the stock
first, then the page setup.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"JP Computers & Graphics" <JP Computers & Graphics@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:2D8869BC-ADDA-4A72-95D2-48FDBCA37565@microsoft.com...
>I would like to know if anyone here knows how to go about creating a picture
> ID, but also include text on the reverse side.  I have heard you can create
> many projects with Publisher or Word.  I succeeded this with MGI Photosuite3,
> the "Fun IDs" project but it does not print on the reverse side.
>
> You can email me to JP-Graphics@juno.com

0
gsauer (5094)
3/26/2005 8:29:57 PM
Hello Mary,

and thank you for offering to help.  I have an Epson 980 photo printer.
However the printer issue is not a problem for me.  This procedure  that you
have described, I sorta read about in publishers help.  However, your advice
on using this "two page pub" seems quite sound.  Most interesting.

I do have two questions, if I may Mary.  When you say "(this is assuming I
am using commercial stock that prints more than one id at a time).  Does this
mean, 1) That there is a page lay out or template in Publisher 2002 for a
project like this, that allows printing of more than one, or do I have to
create it on a blank page?
2) Is it possible to use a standard business card stock, that can be used in
this method you've explained?  Whats your thought?

Thank you so mush, you've been most kind.

John Polanco

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Do you have a duplex printer? Otherwise create a two page publication, print the
> first page (current page) turn it over and print again. Keep in mind if "Bob's"
> picture is on the left side of the card sheet on the front, "Bob's" info will have to
> be on the right side of the card sheet on the back. (This is assuming you are using
> commercial stock that prints more than one id card at a time.)
>
> If you are printing one card at a time, setup your printer for the size of the stock
> first, then the page setup.
>

> --
> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "JP Computers & Graphics" <JP Computers & Graphics@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> in message news:2D8869BC-ADDA-4A72-95D2-48FDBCA37565@microsoft.com...
> >I would like to know if anyone here knows how to go about creating a picture
> > ID, but also include text on the reverse side.  I have heard you can create
> > many projects with Publisher or Word.  I succeeded this with MGI Photosuite3,
> > the "Fun IDs" project but it does not print on the reverse side.
> >
> > You can email me to JP-Graphics@juno.com

0
Graphics1 (3)
3/26/2005 10:07:01 PM
If you are using business cards with a different photo on each you will have to setup
your page manually. There are business card templates here:
http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=38
You will need to setup two pages. Just copy the template and paste it to the second
page.

If all the personal information is on the front then it matters not what is on the
back. If the personal information is on the back of the photo, you will have to
remember what is left on the front will be right on the back when you print.

Front
Right    Bob    Left    Bill

Back
Right    Bill    Left Bob
--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
in message news:CBDB736F-960B-48C5-8040-35411D774C66@microsoft.com...
> Hello Mary,
>
> and thank you for offering to help.  I have an Epson 980 photo printer.
> However the printer issue is not a problem for me.  This procedure  that you
> have described, I sorta read about in publishers help.  However, your advice
> on using this "two page pub" seems quite sound.  Most interesting.
>
> I do have two questions, if I may Mary.  When you say "(this is assuming I
> am using commercial stock that prints more than one id at a time).  Does this
> mean, 1) That there is a page lay out or template in Publisher 2002 for a
> project like this, that allows printing of more than one, or do I have to
> create it on a blank page?
> 2) Is it possible to use a standard business card stock, that can be used in
> this method you've explained?  Whats your thought?
>
> Thank you so mush, you've been most kind.
>
> John Polanco
>

> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Do you have a duplex printer? Otherwise create a two page publication, print the
>> first page (current page) turn it over and print again. Keep in mind if "Bob's"
>> picture is on the left side of the card sheet on the front, "Bob's" info will have
>> be on the right side of the card sheet on the back. (This is assuming you are
>> using
>> commercial stock that prints more than one id card at a time.)
>>
>> If you are printing one card at a time, setup your printer for the size of the
>> stock
>> first, then the page setup.
>>

>> --
>> Mary Sauer MS MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> "JP Computers & Graphics" <JP Computers & Graphics@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote
>> in message news:2D8869BC-ADDA-4A72-95D2-48FDBCA37565@microsoft.com...
>> >I would like to know if anyone here knows how to go about creating a picture
>> > ID, but also include text on the reverse side.  I have heard you can create
>> > many projects with Publisher or Word.  I succeeded this with MGI Photosuite3,
>> > the "Fun IDs" project but it does not print on the reverse side.
>> >
>> > You can email me to JP-Graphics@juno.com

0
gsauer (5094)

create a roster

Reference to cell with text is returning #VALUE
I have a cell that references a different cell that that consists of H9:J9 that is formated for and contains text. The referenceing cell shows #VALUE instead of the actual text that is in the cell? Any ideas as to why this is happening? Any help would be appreciated. What does your formula look like? A simple link formula can only reference a single cell. Like this: =H9 You can't reference a range of cells like this: =H9:J9 That is why you're getting the error. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Jorist" <Jorist@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Task Create - Status

FLIPPING TEXT
HOW DO YOU FLIP THE TEXT FOR AN IRON ON TRANSFER TO PRINT CORRECTLY Can your printer do a mirror image? Might try WordArt. Select the text box, copy, paste special as a .wmf, flip... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "MIA" <MIA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA27CE71-2642-4A76-850C-6EBE2AC31BB1@microsoft.com... > HOW DO YOU FLIP THE TEXT FOR AN IRON ON TRANSFER TO PRINT CORRECTLY On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 18:06:28 +0000, MIA wrote (in article <EA27CE71-2642-4A76-850C-6EBE2AC31BB1@mi...

Create external database

SMTPSVC Event Id 402
We seem to get hit often with a rash of Event ID 402 messages -- which have a description of: Virtual Server 1: xx.xx.xx.xx (ip address) Maximum number of connections has been reached. Connection being closed. I've checked to ensure that we are not an open relay -- I checked both the SMTP Virtual server settings and the Internet Mail Service settings and have monitored the queues often. I don't believe we are allowing relaying. I have Exchange Server 2000 SP3 with SP3 hot fix rollup installed, and also have the following other software on this system: CA's BrightStor Arc...

How to create pie chart with %

Viewing pictures in Word 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have recently bought Office 2008 for Mac, and find that pictures in documents created in Word 2004 show as blank frames in Word 2008. Similarly, documents (.doc format) made in Windows do not show pictures, only frames, whereas when opened in Word 2004, the pictures are displayed. <br> Text is displayed correctly. Take a trip into Word> Preferences - View, remove the check on 'Image Placeholders' & make sure that 'Drawing Objects' is checked. If that doesn't correct it ve...

when form created

Select items from list and show in text box
I want to be able to select an items from a list I have setup and have them show in a text box (possibly with the aid of a select button). Could someone please explain to me how to do this as I have no idea about Visual Basic and macros don't work? Thanks in advance Jeanette You can create a dropdown list with data validation: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Or, create a combobox on a UserForm: http://www.contextures.com/xlUserForm02.html rosscojet@tiscali.co.uk wrote: > I want to be able to select an items from a list I have setup and have > them show in a ...

Creating a Brochure

How to create Access macro shortcut

how do i turn on side by side in excel
i am comparing 2 large worksheets and i need to turn on the view side by side feature. it is currently grayed out Window>Compare side by side with is grayed out? If one or both of the workbooks are protected for structure and windows you cannot use the side by side feature. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 12:28:11 -0800, R Kaleta <R Kaleta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i am comparing 2 large worksheets and i need to turn on the view side by side >feature. it is currently grayed out ...

Creating an ad book

Access unable to create an MDE

Missing pictures when printing
Hi, Anyone here had an issue with missing pictures when printing from Publisher 2003? On the screen the pictures are okay, but the pictures are missing when the publishing is printet on our HP Laserjet 8500 PCL printer. The problem occurs when using the HP LJ 8500 driver. When using the Microsoft dirver for the printer the pictures come out (but with the MS driver theres is another issue so uning the MS driver doesnt seem to be a solution) Any suggestions? Regards, Martin Are you sure you have cleared "Do not print any graphics" in the advanced print settings? -- Mar...

create a database from which bibliography an be created
How do I create a database from which a bibliography can be added to the end of a Word document? I used the program RefManager, but that is too expensive for me to update. Does Word 2003 have such a program? Thanks Not natively. Have you checked your academic institution? They might have campus licenses which students can use at home. You could give Zotero a spin (www.zotero.org). Personally, I don't like it, but that's just me. Word 2007 comes with referencing capabilities, but they are limited in functionality. Anything special you want, you would have to add i...

Error creating activities from Cases
Hi I have an out of the box SBS 2003 CRM Setup I have installed Rollup1 and the new help files Under about MS CRM it has CRM 3.0 (3.0.5300.0) When we try and create activies from within a case, we get the following to errors in the event log We can create the activities just fromthe main web client menu ok The same thing happens in the outlook client (OL 2003, Exchange 2003) I found some links to verabose stuff, but they all applied to the have MS CRM setup on multiple server. We have tried it with and without Outlook open Anyhelp appreciated Event Type: Error Event Source: MSC...