How to alter Footers in Publisher and Word

I have produced pages in Publisher and Word (2003) and cannot get a printed
version with the "Footers" less than 300mm from the bottom of the page.  I
have tried changing footer size and page size to no avail.  I have also ended
up with the footer showing on the screen but on printing -  nothing!  It
looks ridiculous (to me) to have the Footer (seemingly) sitting halfway up
the document.
The paradox is that I can get a Header, from the very top of the page, to
print???
0
Chriseve (3)

Have you checked the limitations of your printer?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Chriseve" <Chriseve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have produced pages in Publisher and Word (2003) and cannot get a printed
> version with the "Footers" less than 300mm from the bottom of the page.  I
> have tried changing footer size and page size to no avail.  I have also
> ended
> up with the footer showing on the screen but on printing -  nothing!  It
> looks ridiculous (to me) to have the Footer (seemingly) sitting halfway up
> the document.
> The paradox is that I can get a Header, from the very top of the page, to
> print???

0
jl_amerson (3088)
11/26/2004 7:28:30 AM
Yes I have.  But I have tried adding an extra 20mm to the page length (from
297 to 317mm) and this works but plays havock with other printing jobs.  So I
guess a sort of solution but not a very good one.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

> Have you checked the limitations of your printer?
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "Chriseve" <Chriseve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have produced pages in Publisher and Word (2003) and cannot get a printed
> > version with the "Footers" less than 300mm from the bottom of the page.  I
> > have tried changing footer size and page size to no avail.  I have also
> > ended
> > up with the footer showing on the screen but on printing -  nothing!  It
> > looks ridiculous (to me) to have the Footer (seemingly) sitting halfway up
> > the document.
> > The paradox is that I can get a Header, from the very top of the page, to
> > print???

0
Chriseve (3)
11/29/2004 3:55:01 AM
While waiting for decisions from his 6 university choices, Ed sees a
message from Chriseve <Chriseve@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is
written:
> Yes I have.  But I have tried adding an extra 20mm to the page length
> (from 297 to 317mm) and this works but plays havock with other
> printing jobs.  So I guess a sort of solution but not a very good one.

You might consider buying a new printer that supports full bleed printing.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6344)

email set up in publisher

Why won't my Publisher create a custom border?
When i try to create a custom border, i get a message that publisher cannot complete the operation. I have done this many times before. Why all of a sudden won't the program work? What version of Publisher are you using and what steps are you taking? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "ksuorganist" <ksuorganist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8FF9D0B-1080-4740-BFF5-362EE0065FD3@microsoft.com... > When i try to create a custom border, i get a message that publisher > cannot > complete the operation. I have done this many times b...

Omit header and footer on some pages
I want the contents of the header and footer to appear only on some pages of the publication. However, when I create a new Master Page and delete the header and footer from that master, it is also deleted from the other master. Is it possible to achieve this and if so, how? I am using 2003 You can have as many different master pages as you have publication pages. Lots of help here Get the most out of multiple master pages http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA010807191033.aspx?pid=CH063587691033 http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP010046181033.aspx?pid=CH063587...

Word as email editor #8
When I try to start a new email message or reply to an email with the "Use Word as my email editor" checked, I get an error message stating that Word is already in use or is doesn't exist. I've unsuccessfully tried downloading and installing updates with no luck... What respective versions of Word/Outlook are you using and have you applied all available service packs? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted with...

Altering Cursors
Hello, I have some toolbar buttons in my dialog DLL app and two of them are zoom-in and zoom-out. Is there an MFC class like CWaitCursor that can display a zoom-in/zoom-out cursor? Thank you so much. Victor. You will have to change the cursor yourself. Here is an example of the how to change cursors, load the cursor in the m_CursorHand variable: (It's a comment for how to solve a problem of another problem, but it does explain changing cursors nicely) http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/buttonctrl/comments.php/c2069/?thread=26628 AliR. "victorsk" <victorsk@discussio...

Quick Import Excel Chart to Word?
Is there a quick way to input Excel charts into a word document? I have 540 charts that I need to have in an appendix of a document. I'm opening to any suggestions that you may have. One thought that I had is to create a VBA script to essentially do a copy and paste 540 times. But, I have a feeling there is an easier and/or faster way to get the job done. Thanks in advance for your help. -Matt Thanks Jon. Your website appears to be just what the doctor ordered. Copying charts as pictures seem to have some nice advantages over OLE objects. -Matt >-----Original Message----...

How to import images from Publisher into Picture Manager?
I have images in Publisher that I need to import in to Microsoft office picture manager. How do I do this? Find the source of those images and save them. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Heatherwithaheadache" <Heatherwithaheadache@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1B1DFC9-0639-49BA-8614-A5AC0DDB596D@microsoft.com... >I have images in Publisher that I need to import in to Microsoft office > picture manager. How do I do this? Right-click the picture, save as picture, or copy/paste to a folder. The Picture Manager will search for al...

Publisher: How do I save to CD-RW without it deafulting to Read-O.
I am having difficulty saving to CD-RW's without it defaulting to Read-Only after it had been saved to the disc. Any suggestions? Mike321123 <Mike321123@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am having difficulty saving to CD-RW's without it defaulting to > Read-Only after it had been saved to the disc. Any suggestions? CD-RW discs are not designed to be used as removeable hard drives or even large floppy disks. You will need to save to your local drive and copy to the CD-RW using your CD-writing software. Then, when you wish to edit the f...

How do i make certain words automatically bold themselves.
I need certain words in my scedules to be bold. I dont want to have to go through all my charts and select these individual words & i would like to have these specific words just become bold as i type them in the future. Please help. right click sheet tab>view code>copy/paste this. I commented out other examples Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Column <> 2 Then Exit Sub 'Target.Offset(, -1) = Target.Row 'If Target > 4 Then Target.Borders.Weight = xlThick ''If Target = "jj" Then...

Altering font sizes
I am currently trying to resize the font throughout the whole of a Publisher document, but am having significant trouble acheiving it. Due to the nature of the document, it has well over 50 separate text boxes. I discovered recently that the document (a diagram) would have to be extended, so was intending to shrink it all slightly to fit in the extra parts. Having selected it all (Ctrl-A), grouped it, and shrinking it slightly, the text no longer fits within many of the text boxes. When i went to change the font size, all the font parts within the formatting toolbar were grayed out, a...

Publisher 97 Compatibility
My Publisher 97 works fine on my computer with XP Home, but on my computer with XP Media Center Edition, Publisher will not merge or create an address book and needs to shut down after printing anything. This is the blurb from Microsoft. If I had to guess, Publisher 97 is printer dependent. Could be a driver issue. Technical support for Media Center Because Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition was included with your hardware device or system, the hardware manufacturer provides technical support and assistance for this software. Your manufacturer may have customized the installation...

Publishing 06-14-04
Dear, I have a problem with MS CRM 1.2 1) I can not publish nor export my customization. When I click publish or export in the Schema Manager, the software seems not to respond. 2) I am receiving an exception System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException in Microsoft.CRM.Tools.WorflowManager.exe. It is important to note that I am using a virtual image where VS 2003 and MS CRM 1.2 is installed. Thanks for the help. ...

What is the difference between Publisher V6.0 and Publisher 2000?
My job sent me some Publisher files, but when I tried to open them I got an error message because they were not of the same "file type". I'm running Publisher 2000 SR-1 and the files to open were Publisher V6.0. Any idea how I can fix this, please??? Thank you!!! BBWBronxLatina wrote: > My job sent me some Publisher files, but when I tried to open them I got an > error message because they were not of the same "file type". I'm running > Publisher 2000 SR-1 and the files to open were Publisher V6.0 File > Properties (and other routes in Window...

message date/time altered when copying from public folder
I have noticed that if we copy mail messages from public folders to users own mailboxes, the time is off by a few minutes to a few hours. If a message arrives late at night, the copied mail may even have the next day's date. We have mail-enabled public folders, and users copy mail to their inboxes from there, but this date/time change is bothering. Do the headers contain different time stamps, and does Outlook read them differently to the Public folders? Any ideas? Jo On Sun, 1 Oct 2006 15:31:18 +0900, "Jo" <gsc@gol.com> wrote: >I have noticed that if we copy mail...

Publisher won't print color
I have tried to print a couple types of projects and they all come out black and white. I can print from Word in color so it has to be the publisher program. Is there something I need to set up? Check all of your printer settings. Then check to make sure you are using the latest drivers. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Chelle" <Chelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C58B5F1A-CAB3-4E9E-8F96-3832B8ED4C72@microsoft.com... >I have tried to print a couple types of projects a...

Excel to Word
I copied an Excel chart onto a Word 2003 document and the gridlines showed up, but when I printed the document they were not there. Is there some way of retaining them in the Word document when printed? Suzanne - A few suggestions. The first one is to make sure you have the latest printer drivers. The second is to make the chart the same size in Excel as it has to be in Word, so it doesn't have to be rescaled manually or by Word to fit in the space allotted in the document. The third is to double click on the gridlines in Excel, and choose a thin line, as opposed to a hairline. Use...

Footer Character Limit
I want to enter more than 255 characters into a footer – Is there any way around this? Thank you, Hi AFAIK no way around this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Natalia" <Natalia@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:9D37BCED-EF06-4328-A082-1F59E21006E9@microsoft.com... > I want to enter more than 255 characters into a footer – Is there any way > around this? > > Thank you, > ...

Download Publisher 2003
Hi there. I purchased 2 product keys for 2003 but only have it installed on one PC. I do not have the install media or setup files anywhere that I can find to install the 2nd licensed copy, where can I download 2003 from???? The M$ website only has the trial version for 2007. Thanks! Not available as a download; why not just burn a copy of the CD you have? -- Don - Publisher 2000 Vancouver, USA "carmichaelc" <carmichaelc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A4B338A6-BBF7-4478-981C-8FDA46C4760D@microsoft.com... > Hi there. I purchased 2 product keys...

Where is Microsoft Publisher 2002?
Microsoft Publisher 2000 was included in Microsoft Office 2000 Professional. I installed Microsoft Office XP Professional, but I can't find Microsoft Publisher 2002(XP). Did Microsoft Publisher 2002(XP) have to be purchased separately? If it is part of the Office XP bundle how do I load it. Not all versions of Office are the same as other versions - just like the different editions vary. You need to read the box to make sure you are getting what you need - or to see what program are included. Pub 2002 had to be purchased separately because it wasn't included with any retail s...

Template using Word
Outlook 2003, Word 2003 I want to use Word as my email editor, and also set up a standard template. This would achieve the following things: Use standard styles Use Word fields, so recipient name is filled in automatically Possibly use Word macros ...

vlookup for words content when there are duplicate values
Hi, Can somebody help me here. Thanks in advance. When I vlookup Material 1 to Material 2 for the Project No, I get the vlookup Project No. as 222-56 for all the duplicate Material values. How formula to use so that when there are duplicate values in Material2, I want to have vlookup searching to match Project No. containg "AA" as 1st choice ? (if no Project No. containing "AA", then looks for its content "AB" and subsequently looks for "AC" if there is no "AB"). ColumnA ColumnB ColumnC Material 2 Duplicate? Project No. 224410 duplica...

alter function
Hi, using SQL2005. I want to replace a function and can't because the function is being referenced by an object. I have tried to drop it first and then create the function. This has the same error result. Is there a way to ignore any referenced object and drop a function (and then re-create it). Alternatively any way to ignore referenced object and alter a function. Any ideas or recommendations appreciated :-) Many thanks, Jonathan Hi Havv you created a UDF with SCHEMA BINDING option? "Jonathan" <Jonathan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Re: Adding Publisher file to a web using FrontPage2000 -- Help
I received a Publisher 2000 document in email and a request to put this up on our Parish web site. I don't know where to start..... I'm running Windows 98SE, FrontPage 2000, and don't have Publisher, or Distiller?, or Acrobat on my PC. I do have Acrobat free reader. What's the least I would need to acquire and load on my PC in order to get this Publisher document to a pdf format? On 25 Apr 2004 02:02, trish@nym.alias.net wrote: >I received a Publisher 2000 document in email and a request to put this >up on our Parish web site. I don't know where to start.......

building a website in publisher
Hi, I'm building our company website and I am not very good with publisher I need to know how to make things (logo's ect..) appear on all pages? On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 13:12:02 +0100, Elise wrote (in article <698C08A6-EF4B-468C-B763-5A4CF0DE5A2E@microsoft.com>): > Hi, > I'm building our company website and I am not very good with publisher I > need to know how to make things (logo's ect..) appear on all pages? If your company think that you - who thinks that Publisher is the best tool for web design - are in any way qualified to design a web site, then they ...

Altered meeting always becomes recurring
We're on an Outlook 2007 / Exchange 2008 setup. Here's what happens: 1. Person sends a New Meeting Request for, say, Monday at 9 AM. Everything works properly and the entry appears as it should on the calendar. 2. Person later decides to change the meeting to, say, Tuesday at 10 AM. So they open the original entry on the calendar (from step #1 above) and changes the date to Tuesday and the time to 10 AM, then sends the update. 3. The meeting appears in the new location on the calendar OK but it has been changed into a recurring event. I've verified that the r...