how protect document from unauthorized copy without using pdf.

Some webpage have document protection without using pdf program. I will like
to know if microsoft Word can do that or other application without using pdf.
0
Mercado (1)

In Word you can password protect in Tools, Options.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"Daniel Mercado" <Daniel Mercado@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Some webpage have document protection without using pdf program. I will
> like
> to know if microsoft Word can do that or other application without using
> pdf.

0
Engineer5094 (821)
4/5/2008 2:12:08 AM
Good to know; thanks.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"Mr John FO Evans" <mijas@orpheusmail.co.uk> wrote in message
> In article <KeidnZuN49xKQmvanZ2dnUVZ_iydnZ2d@palinacquisition>, "Don
> Schmidt" <Don Engineer@PNB.Retired_1987> wrote:
>>
>> In Word you can password protect in Tools, Options.
>>

>  This may not work if you open the document using a program other than
> MS Word.
>

> --
>
> John

0
Engineer5094 (821)
4/5/2008 11:07:41 AM
If it's on the web, it can be copied. You might slow down a casual user but
if someone wanted your info and it's online, it's no problem to get it.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Daniel Mercado" <Daniel Mercado@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Some webpage have document protection without using pdf program. I will
> like
> to know if microsoft Word can do that or other application without using
> pdf.

0
jl_paules (2767)
4/5/2008 2:33:14 PM
Even going to a pdf is not fool proof.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

"JoAnn Paules" <jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com> wrote in message
| If it's on the web, it can be copied. You might slow down a casual user
but
| if someone wanted your info and it's online, it's no problem to get it.
|
| --
|
| JoAnn Paules
| MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
| Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
|

| "Daniel Mercado" <Daniel Mercado@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
| > Some webpage have document protection without using pdf program. I will
| > like
| > to know if microsoft Word can do that or other application without using
| > pdf.

0
webmaster911 (1600)
4/5/2008 2:40:32 PM
No - and I wish people would stop telling others that they can do this,
that, or the other to prevent cyber copying. It's better to be straight with
them and tell them that if it's online, it's up for grabs. If they want to
keep it for themselves, then keep it off the Internet.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Rob Giordano (Crash)" <webmaster@siriussystems.invalid> wrote in message
> Even going to a pdf is not fool proof.
>
> --
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Rob Giordano
> Microsoft MVP Expression
>

> "JoAnn Paules" <jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com> wrote in message
> | If it's on the web, it can be copied. You might slow down a casual user
> but
> | if someone wanted your info and it's online, it's no problem to get it.
> |
> | --
> |
> | JoAnn Paules
> | MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> | Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
> |

> | "Daniel Mercado" <Daniel Mercado@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message
> | > Some webpage have document protection without using pdf program. I
> will
> | > like
> | > to know if microsoft Word can do that or other application without
> using
> | > pdf.

0
jl_paules (2767)
4/5/2008 5:09:50 PM
In article <KeidnZuN49xKQmvanZ2dnUVZ_iydnZ2d@palinacquisition>, "Don
Schmidt" <Don Engineer@PNB.Retired_1987> wrote:

> In Word you can password protect in Tools, Options.

  This may not work if you open the document using a program other than
MS Word.

--

John

0
mijas (53)

protecting outlined data
I want to be able to use the expand/collapse function in outlines when the worksheet is protected. Copy this macro in a normal module It will run automatic when you open the workbook You can also use the workbook open event Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="rbelecki", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True End With End Sub Look in the VBA help for more information about protect(userinterfaceonly) -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "rbelecki" <rbelecki@l...

Password Protect Outlook #2
I work in an offcie environment and sometimes have to leave my PC unattended for just a few minutes. Unfortunately some confidential emails have been read by my staff and I need a way of safeguarding them other than turning off the PC, is there any way I can password protect access into my Outlook 2000, so all I do is close Outlook. (Sorry still operating under W95) Many thanks You can set a password on a Personal Folders File. If the folder list isn't visible in Outlook, click View | Folder List. Right-click the root folder (usually "Personal Folders" or "Outlook T...

Using Photo Watermarks
I wish to use a colour photo as a watermark in the design of a DVD insert when using Publisher 2000. However, as the colours are strong, the title text (in black) in the foreground is difficult to read. How can I make the colours paler so as to make the title text more legible? It seems to be possible to do this when using clip art and a single colour, but not photos. The only possible solution I have found is to convert the photo to grey scale, and then use the colour palette to choose the intensity of the grey. BUT - I want to retain the colours. All suggestions gratefully received. Sp...

How do I preserve text boxes in a chart during copy/paste?
When I copy and paste a chart into Word, the text boxes on the chart get cut off. Only some of the text copies. One solution is to use a program like SnagIt from www.techsmith.com and do screen capture of the chart, save as a gif file and import that into Word Robert Flanagan http://www.add-ins.com Productivity add-ins and downloadable books on VB macros for Excel "RachelG" <RachelG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9768377-D6C2-465D-B855-8133699767C0@microsoft.com... > When I copy and paste a chart into Word, the text boxes on the chart get > cut &...

Quicken Password protected
I just got Money 2004 Deluxe, I am trying to import my data from Quicken and the program says there is a password for my quicken account that is required, but I never had a password. No way to get past this. Any ideas? If your data file is Q04, Money04 can only deal with Q03 or older. Otherwise, who knows? "Stephen Weiss" <stephenaweiss@comcast.net> wrote in message news:012f01c3cb22$9a957ac0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I just got Money 2004 Deluxe, I am trying to import my > data from Quicken and the program says there is a password > for my quicken account that is req...

view field descriptions in the database documenter
is there a way to view field descriptions in the database documenter? i need to create a datadictionary that contains this information? tia, mcnewsxp You need to check the box to display the field properties. I'm not sure what version of Access you are using but there is an article at http://www.access.hookom.net/Documenter/ which explains how to create your own reports from the results of the documenter. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "mcnews" wrote: > is there a way to view field descriptions in the database documenter? > i need to create ...

Using an external reference to a filename as a date
Hi, I am just new to this forum and am in great need of help :-) I am trying to create an external reference to an excel file called... 'OS orders 15-06-04.xls'. The formula I am wanting to use (shortene for simplicity) is... =VLOOKUP($a$1,[OS orders 15-06-04.xls]OS Sales orders'!$I:$S,4,false) I am trying to create a macro that will write this formula, copy th formula over a wide range of blank cells, then copy and paste th values for presentation with other information. My problem is... the date in the external references filename change everyday 'OS orders *15-06-04*.xls...

How to I use ** without Excel thinking I want to type a formula?
I am using Excel (Office 2003) to create a table and I need to use two of these: * to indicate significant results for a research study. How do I tell Excel that I just want to display this symbol after a three digit number without it thinking I want to type a formula? Turn off Lotus transition under tools>options>transition and uncheck transition formula entry Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Buff" wrote: > I am using Excel (Office 2003) to create a table and I need to use two of > these: * to indicate significant results for a research study. How do I tell > Excel th...

How to protect 2. axis in an Excel Chart to stay if data changes
A Pivot table is created on Tab1 in an Excel workbook. On Tab2 there is a Line Chart created with data from Tab 1 using 2 axis. If data in Tab1 change the 2nd axis on Tab 2 disappears, jumps ober and overrules axis 1. How can I protect chart area with 2 axis being able to change referring data in the pivot table. ...

Password protection on split database
I have a database which is split into front end and back end. The front end is password protected but the backend isn't Is it possible to protect both with the same password? I've tried protecting the backend with a password but when I open the front end it can't "see" the backend. Any ideas? Thanks Tony Put a password on the backend, then, after opening the front-end, use the Linked Table Manager to update the links (just like you would if you had moved the backend). You should be prompted for the 'missing' password during this process. You should only...

Copy a worksheet in lotus notes...
Hello everybody, I'm trying to copy a sheet in a Notes email by macro using VBA with Excel. I manage to create the memo, fill the "send to" field and the subject. I tried this command .FieldSetText("Body", MyWorksheet) but it requires a String. Does somebody know how to do it ? Thanks for your help. Lycaon Look here Sending mail from Lotus Notes (XL-Dennis) http://www.excelkb.com/?cNode=1X5M7A -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Lycaon" <tristan.pochat@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1168242221.070386.160990@...

Protection
Hi everyone OK my problem is I am using an offie computer that everyone has access to and we cannot - and do not want to - change this. Is there a way that I can put a password for my profile on Microsoft outlook so that no one can read the new AND the old messages found in my inbox? You can put a password on your PST file, presuming you use a PST file... Emad Kamel wrote: > Hi everyone, > OK my problem is I am using an offie computer that everyone has > access to and we cannot - and do not want to - change this. Is there > a way that I can put a password for my profile on Micr...

regarding master doc/ sub documents
I'm new to using master document/ sub documents function in MS word. I have a question regarding that. I've created a master document with several subdocuments. Several times, when I open the master doc, some of the subdocuments are not there. Yes, I think I've made some changes to those sub documents but never changed either the names nor the locations of those subdocuments. It feels like I'm using a feature that is not stable enough which makes me quite nervous about using this. Does any of you know what's going on or any suggestion regarding how to use this...

CANNOT PROTECT
Trying to password and read only protect a Microsoft Word docuement that is embedded in Excel. When I open the "protected" document, the read-only prompt does not appear...and I can still make changes and close the docuement. HELP! Try this: create the document directly in word, protect it and save it to disk. Then copy the text you want and past it special as an OLE object in excel Peter ...

Sharing documents
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC When I e-mail documents I create with Word 2008 for MAC to my colleagues who are using windows versions of Word (Word 2003 for example) they claim the cannot open them or they cannot read them. This never happened until I moved from the 2004 version to the 2008 version of Microsoft Office for MAC. Any ideas? This is because Word 2008 uses the new docx "Open XML" file format, which is not recognized by some earlier versions of Office. To avoid this issue, be sure to save the file in "Word 97-2004 documen...

quick copy worksheet into other sheets in same workbook
I am wanting to copy a worksheet that is set up to show student results, targets and achievements into approximately 150 other worksheets in the same workbook. Is there a quick way of doing this other than copying and pasting? I want formats, colours and column widths etc to stay the same. In other words I want to produce about 150 identical copies of my layout as quickly as possible with the minimum of effort. I am using Excel 2003. Thanks in advance for any help and advice offered Right-click on the worksheet tab and select "Move or Copy", then use the dialog box that appear...

Spreadsheet password protection
How do you password protect a spreadsheet. I can't find anything in the help section. You can prevent un authorised access by giving a password to open the workbook itself, so that no one else can open it (Go to Tools, Options and then Security Tab). You can do it there if you have already saved the file, or you can go to "save as" then "Tools" and "General Options" where you can give password. On the other hand you can protect work sheets and ranges for different people by using "Tools" and then "Protection" Tab -- M Imran Buha...

Using Trend
I have data like this: A B A B A B A B 1 10 2 20 3 30 4 ? The trend formula is =trend (known y, [known x],new x) Generally we select the known y values which are in continuous cells, and then select known x values, after which for a new x value – y-values could be estimated. But is there any way that this could be done by selecting y and x – values which are in non-contiguous cells( like values if present in alternative cells) Thanks Answered under separate threads in charting and programming newsgroups. Jerry vijaya wrote: > I have data like th...

How to protect cells?
I would like to protect a range of cells (A2:D24) with a password for a group of users that would make changes to cells in this range. Then on the same sheet, also protect a range of cells (E2:E24) from everyone but me. Is this possible? Thanks. Mark, Please don't multipost. See the thread in .programming. John "Mark F." <m7829@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:FSzQb.10797$6o4.894@fe2.texas.rr.com... > I would like to protect a range of cells (A2:D24) with a password for a > group of users that would make changes to cells in this range. Then on > the same she...

Document layout
I would like to know if it is possible and how to customize the layout of my document. I have 20 pages of written work. On the 15th page I have inserted a diagram that is quite large. I would like to change the layout of that one page to horizontal and keep the rest of the document vertical. The reason for this is that it is part of text and I would like the automatic page-numbers and image-text to stay in the right order - hence I can't make this diagram into an appendix. Your help will be much appreciated! Thanks See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/Landsc...

How to Activate "Show all" in a Protected Shared Workbook
Hi, I created a protected and shared workbook in Excel 2003 ,the default Filter Option is "Auto Filter" how can I use the "Show All" in Filtering.? even I unchecked the "Filter Settings" in "Tools-> Share Workbook -> Advanced -> Include Personal View " but it did not work. Thanks. You can't. If the workbook were not shared, then you could create your own macro that unprotects the worksheet, does the showall and reprotects the worksheet. But with the workbook shared, you can't change the protection of a shee...

Problem with the first use of the deployment manager
Hi everybody, I'm in charge of the installation and the implementation of MS CRM in an IT services company and I face some problems. I will be very grateful, if you could bring me some help. So I will try to explain my problem clearly: I installed MS CRM on a virtual server, trying to respect all the precautions recommended by Microsoft. After the install, I go to the user manager (in the deployment manager), and: - My first surprise was to see that a system administrator account doesn't appear. - So I try to add one, but the pop-up which lists the AD Users, doesn't seem t...

Using a directory of photos like a Mail merge
So I have designed a card, but on every card one graphic will change. In the middle of my card is a picture of one of my students. I have a directory of all the photos I want to use. Is their a way to make this work like a mail merge so I do not have to change the picture for the card all 150 times? What version Publisher? If you are using 2003 or 2007 the catalog merge might be your answer. Create a field in your database for a picture, for example, billsmith.jpg Create a folder with both your database and pictures included. That way you won't have to type the paths. Help here, th...

Password protected sheet access
I have a spreadsheet protected with a unknown password. How do I access this sheet? Ps: the "read only" option is not available. Thanks, Rivane. Hi Rivane Is this the password for opening the file, or the one for unlocking locked cells in the already open sheet ? Best wishes Harald Excel MVP Followup to newsgroup only please. "Rivane Cardim" <rivane.cardim@exxonmobil.com> wrote in message news:0a8801c35dae$a03275a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have a spreadsheet protected with a unknown password. > How do I access this sheet? > > Ps: the "read only...

what is the use of this