How much bigger should my bleeding page be?

32 page booklet - on 8.5x11 folded...8.5 x 5.5 page size.
Pub 2003
Commercial printer.

Only the front cover will bleed how much bigger should I make the front
cover page?

I forgot.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

0
webmaster911 (1600)

Can your printer print Letter.Extra or a similar size?
Help here
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/results.aspx?qu=bleed&sc=9&av=ZPB110

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Rob Giordano [MS MVP]" <webmaster@siriussystems.invalid> wrote in message
> 32 page booklet - on 8.5x11 folded...8.5 x 5.5 page size.
> Pub 2003
> Commercial printer.
>
> Only the front cover will bleed how much bigger should I make the front cover
> page?
>
> I forgot.
>

> --
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Rob Giordano
> Microsoft MVP Expression

0
mary.sauer (2018)
11/23/2008 10:50:50 AM
Rob Giordano [MS MVP] wrote:
> 32 page booklet - on 8.5x11 folded...8.5 x 5.5 page size.
> Pub 2003
> Commercial printer.
>
> Only the front cover will bleed how much bigger should I make the front
> cover page?
>
> I forgot.

Depends on your printer; I think 3mm is roughly standard.

 From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bleed_(printing):
Bleeds in the USA and UK generally are 1/8 of an inch from where the cut
is to be made. Bleeds in Europe generally are 3 to 5mm from where the
cut is to be made. This can vary from print company to print company.
Some printers ask for specific sizes; most of these companies place the
specific demands on their website.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

So I'd make only the front cover which has the bleed slightly bigger, the
other covers would remain normal size. They'll be outputted to separate pdfs
in printer spread for the printer to rip. Sound right?

R.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

> Rob Giordano [MS MVP] wrote:
>> 32 page booklet - on 8.5x11 folded...8.5 x 5.5 page size.
>> Pub 2003
>> Commercial printer.
>>
>> Only the front cover will bleed how much bigger should I make the front
>> cover page?
>>
>> I forgot.
>
> Depends on your printer; I think 3mm is roughly standard.
>
> From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bleed_(printing):
> Bleeds in the USA and UK generally are 1/8 of an inch from where the cut
> is to be made. Bleeds in Europe generally are 3 to 5mm from where the cut
> is to be made. This can vary from print company to print company. Some
> printers ask for specific sizes; most of these companies place the
> specific demands on their website.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://ed.mvps.org

0
webmaster911 (1600)

Newbi needs a very small help, thank you very much.
Newbi needs a very small help, thank you very much. Hello everyone and thank you very much for your time. I Have a small db for invoicing and on my form (with a subform) there is a CANCEL button which will just cancel what had been selected or entered in the form ... here is the code behind the cancel button... Private Sub Cancel_Click() Me![BillsFormSub].Form.Refresh DoCmd.SetWarnings False DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acEditMenu, 8, , acMenuVer70 DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acEditMenu, 6, , acMenuVer70 DoCmd.SetWarnings True Exit_Cancel_Click: Exit Sub End Sub This was working ...

Running a query/macro with a Data Access Page
Is there a simple way to run a macro/query from a Data Access Page. I am not a programmer, so the simplest method would be preferred. Thanks, -- Drew I'd reccomend becoming a programmer or else your job goes to India "Drew" <imageek@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:D4563519-B544-4D9D-BFBB-010FE90844BE@microsoft.com... > Is there a simple way to run a macro/query from a Data Access Page. I am not > a programmer, so the simplest method would be preferred. > > Thanks, > -- > Drew Aaron, Must be sad being you. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Acce...

Printing: Scaling Page
The page is 24" by 48". I want to print it on 8.5" by 11", so I want to scale it (echos of Excel features). Anyway, I read in a previous post to use: Format/Autofit/BestFit "AutoFit" is not greyed out but the three sub menu items (ie Best Fit) are. So Best Fit is not available. What to do... any advice? Thank you so much. Jane Jane <Jane@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > The page is 24" by 48". I want to print it on 8.5" by 11", so I want > to scale it (echos of Excel features). Print a P...

Might be asking too much
I am using excel to track day to day project hours on a bi-weekly interval. In the cell where I am entering my time I am also adding comments as to what work was done during that time. What I would like to do is figure out a way that I can extract the comments out to print. Now I know that I can print them at the end of the layout which is essentially what I want, but the way it defaults the printing is by calling out the cell name i.e. (c24) then the comment. The problem is that I have no way of know which cell that is. so what I would like to do is basically set up a layout myself...

Error Message on Data Access Page
I developed a Data Access page for data entry for multiple users. Some users are getting this error message: CONVERSION ERROR OCCURED WHILE BUILDING PARAMETERIZED UPDATE OR REFRESH STATEMENT Anybody have any ideas how to solve this? sorry,i do cuininioli edina www.sina.com.cn multimedia cumedia security jinsha dins vinslinkcom CCDIN visp "dmeyer" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> д���ʼ� news:02d501c39422$97230740$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I developed a Data Access page for data entry for multiple > users. Some users are getting this error message: > CONVERSION...

anyway to setup the outlook today page so that it displays the pr.
Is there a way to configure outlook today page so that it can show the task progess on the outlook today page. I would much appreciate any help in this matter. ...

Page Number Fuction
Is there a function that will show the current page number in a cell? I am looking for a fuction similar to the ROW() or the COLUMN() fuction but with the page number. Depending on my settings in "page setup", this number should change according to the current page number that it is displayed on. I know there must be a way to do this because you can do it in the footer. Thanks Chris Chris http://www.dicks-blog.com/archives/2004/12/22/page-of-pages-in-a-cell/ Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 08:15:03 -0800, ChrisA <ChrisA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

hyperlink to specific page in a long PDF
In Word 2007, how can I link to a specific page in an 800 page PDF? I can create a hyperlink, and it works to take me to the document's first page, and I can create a single page excerpt from the pdf and go to it, but I cannot find how to go to a specific page. (I will not be permitted to attach 800 single-page pdfs.) Thank you for any suggestions or cites. Very respectfully, Larry Theoretically, you can use the #page anchor. For example: http://www.greenercars.org/GreenDrivingTips.pdf#page=2 However, this will only work for sure with http:// or https:// hyperlinks....

Inserting a page in Page Layout View or Page Break Preview
If I have a 30 page report in Page Layout view or Page Break Preview, is there a quick way to insert a page in the middle? The order of the pages is important. I have found the quickest way to do it is to select everything on the pages below where I need to insert something, group it all, and then slide it down. This is a pain in the butt though. I have a hard time believing Excel has no way to insert a page on the fly. Thanks! Pages don't follow the concept of Spreadsheets. tanner.robin@gmail.com wrote: > If I have a 30 page report in Page Layout view or Page Break Preview, >...

page setup dialog and paper choices
I need some help with the dialog Page Setup Dialog. When the dialog comes up, it brings up all the available choices for paper that the printer supports - Letter, Legal, Envelope etc.. I would like to know how I can add a custom paper to this list. This is a pre-printed sheet (the size is actually standard letter), and I want the user to be able to select it & the program to know when the user has selected it. If not, Do I need to derive a class from CPageSetupDialog , add code to add this custom paper to the combo-box list, trap messages etc.. Thanks in advance rajas, Even if the ...

User seeing too much data
I have a user who has changed from a view all role to a restricted view role, everything has been updated on his user profile including removing his old role and adding him to the new role but on some views within CRM he can still see data that was linked to his old role. User was a customer service rep who at one time was the owner of several hundred records and had full organizational view privlages. About 6 months ago he changed to a sales position which he now owns a new group of records and should only be able to access and see the records he owns. The records he used to own hav...

how much is too much data for a cell?
a cell should hold 32,000 characters if i am not mistaken. i have a large spreadsheet that has codes, their use, description and the # of times they have been 'hit'. most of the information fits in a cell very easily but i have one description that is huge. i made the cell 255x409 which is the max and what happened was part of the information showed and then the rest of the cell was blank. at that cell size there was more than enough room for all the data but for some reason it would not all show. i tried things like changing the alignment and it is on wrap text. i tried selectin...

How do I have Column Headers Repeat Autmoatically on Every Page?
I just want to know how to have header automatically repeat on every page, without having to insert row, copy and paste.... Hi file - Pagesetup - Sheets and define the repeating rows "kristiatscaor" wrote: > I just want to know how to have header automatically repeat on every page, > without having to insert row, copy and paste.... ...

Publisher 2000 & web pages & text on bmp's
I have a web site for my software I sell. A couple pages contain BMP pics of a few screens & a couple reports. When I am in the design mode the text on these bmp's is relatively clear but when I PREVIEW the pages with these bmp, the text is almost illegible. I have tried to insert various objects but with NO LUCK. Can anybody offer me some suggestions of what to do? Thanks. DeWayne to auto reply remove the x from my address below dchiasxs1@rogers.com web pages support gif or jpg formats. Pub would convert the bmp to gif which could effect resolution. I recommend you create your im...

Return XML from ASPX page.
I tried the following to return an XML string, but it did not seem to return XML Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load Response.ContentType = "text/xml" Response.Write("<ReturnValue><GoodLogin>False</GoodLogin></ReturnValue>") end sub Jim Mitchell wrote: > I tried the following to return an XML string, but it did not seem to return > XML > > Any ideas? > > Thanks in advance. > > > > Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal...

Corrupted Text in Home page
In Money 2004 on "My Money Home Page" all of the text under the headings "Breaking News" and "Headlines from MSN Money" is corrupted. It looks to be a programming language like Visual Basic,,,for example: var PXCL=newDate(0);var PrModATR=0 et al. There are 15 to 20 lines of text like this under each heading. Any ideas on how to repair this? Thank you. Jeff I just tried Money 2004 myself and could not reproduce this. The "headlines from MSN Money" looked fine. By the way this is on Vista and IE 7. So, it may be due to your environment. What opera...

How much space do Calendar entries take?
Hi all- I'm struggling with capacity limits in Exchange 5.5 standard. How much space do Calendar entries take up in the priv info store? Are old entries ever purged? If not, what happens several years from now? Would it free up any meaningful resources to purge old years' calendar entries on everybody's mailbox? Thanks for your comments. They won't go away on their own, they will simply continue to increase the mailbox size. You can use the mailbox manager (located in the support directory of service pack 4) to clean up old calendar appointments, tasks, journal etc quite ea...

Print Rows at Top only on some pages
I have a spreadsheet which contains two types of data, a total of 12 pages. The first 10 pages are formatted identically and when setting the print ranges I have 2 header rows at the top which are set to print on all pages. The last two pages have a different type of data and I want to suppress the print rows at top, but still generate the entire documet so the last two pages are still numbered (as pages 11 and 12). any idea how to suppress the top rows? Thanks Hi see: http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Header -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany S.J. Ring wrote: > I hav...

why no send button when clicking on page to send to a recipient
When I try to click on send page as email or send link, there is no send button but a message that says this message has not been sent. ...

Show page number 1 on page 2
When I use Insert Page Number from the Insert Menu and uncheck Show On First Page, there is no number on the first page (which is what I want) but the number displayed on the second page is 2 and I want it to be 1. How do I get it to show 1 on the second page? This seemed to offer a simpler solution to having two masters, but it doesn’t seem yet to fulfil its promise! I am using 2003 Mary Ann wrote: > When I use Insert Page Number from the Insert Menu and uncheck Show > On First Page, there is no number on the first page (which is what I > want) but the number displayed o...

Report Footer Error on Page 2+ but shows on first page
there is a form created to open this report. the query the report depends on, calls on the value in the combo box. I have included this field in the report header (which works fine), and the footer (which is kind of funky). the footer shows correctly on the first page, but after the first page it shows #error?. Why is this? footer: =[Forms]![Staff Form]![cboStaffName] & "'s Report" returns: Alana's Report page 1 shows as it should, while all pages after show error. Do you have any code or macro that closes the form? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Acces...

Thank you very much
Folks For the last year I've been asking various questions here in this newsgroup. Thanks to all for answering my questions. Sincerely, Tony Toews -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Tony's Main MS Access pages - http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm Tony's Microsoft Access Blog - http://msmvps.com/blogs/access/ For a convenient utility to keep your users FEs and other files updated see http://www.autofeupdater.com/ "Tony Toews" <ttoews@telusplanet.net> wrote in message news:kvvi86dbb3d9fscbfj7qr6r4np9qdsp1hg@4ax.com... > Folks > Fo...

Open web page from Word 2007
I have the following code to open a web page: Dim IE Set IE = CreateObject("internetexplorer.application") mySTR = "http://MyWebPage" IE.Navigate mySTR The code works if I run it from vba - it opens the page on top of Word. But if I assign it to a QAT or Ribbon button, it opens the page but leaves it minimized. How can I get it to open on top of Word? ...

Page numbers restart with continuous page break
This happens in 2007, 2003, and 2002. My doc has 2 "next page" section breaks within the first 3 pages. After each break, I've requiested that the numbering restarts at "1" and that works fine. After several pages I need 2 "Continuous" page breaks so I can use a 2-column format within a page. I use the Insert Page Number Format command to have it CONTINUE numbering. However, it restarts the numbering. If I do this as a test with a doc that does not have regular section breaks at the beginning it seems to work. Best case, I would like to ma...

32 page booklet - on 8.5x11 folded...8.5 x 5.5 page size. Pub 2003 Commercial printer. Only the front cover will bleed how much bigger should I make the front cover page? I forgot. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Can your printer print Letter.Extra or a similar size? Help here http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/results.aspx?qu=bleed&sc=9&av=ZPB110 -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Rob Giordano [MS MVP]" <webmaster@siriussystems.invalid> wrote in message news:DE6E28A5-ACE9-4BA7-B07D-9DA209203CDD@microsoft.com...