how do you unhide the page sorter?

New to publisher, I deleted an extra page and now can't toggle between the
remaining pages. and I do not see the page sorter tabs at the bottom. help!
0
Braden (3)

What version Publisher? View, Status Bar. If you are using 2007, it may take a
registry fix.

This solution was given to us by a poster like yourself.

To fix the Publisher page sorter issue, simply follow the steps below.  But
beware, because this fix takes you into the Registry window to edit a
specific part of the Publisher program, and Microsoft takes great pains to
warn you that making a mistake here may corrupt your program altogether (or
corrupt certain program files that my cause your version of Publisher not to
function correctly).  So please be careful as you follow these steps to fix
your page sorter issue.

O.K., now that the nice big warning is out of the way, you'll have Publisher
2007 up and running as it should be in 10 quick steps.  But before you begin,
please take a moment to close all programs on your computer, then...

1. If you're using Windows Vista, Click on the start button, and type
"regedit" into the "Search" field under the "All Programs" link.  If you're
using XP or earlier versions, click on the start button, then on "Run," then
type "regedit" into the field, then click "O.K."

2. When the registry window opens, your going to next make a quick back-up
of these files before you attempt to change anything (in-case that
detrimental mistake we discussed earlier is accidentally made).  This you're
going to do by:

     a. Clicking on "File"
     b. Then on "Export"
     c. Then on "Desktop" in the left-hand task pane
     d. Then by typing "Backup" in the "File Name" field
     e. Then clicking on "Save"

3. Now that that's out of the way, your going to start at the top of the
Registry window and look down till you find the branch "HKEY_CURRENT_USER"
Click on it, and a new sub menu will appear.

4. When the new sub menu appears, go down and click on "Software."  Again, a
new sub menu will appear.

5. Next, click on "Microsoft," then on "Office," then on "12.0"  This will
bring you to the place where you can choose the specific Office program
you're having issues with and fix the program-specific issue.

6. Next, click on "Publisher," then on "Preferences"

7.  If you don't see a "ShowStatusBar" string, you'll need to create one by
following the steps below.  Otherwise, move on to step #8.

     a. To create a "ShowStatusBar" string, start by right-clicking on the
right pane
        of the window and choosing, "New"
     b. Then click on "String Value"  It will create a new string called
"New Value #1"
     c. Rename the new value string "ShowStatusBar" and it will create the
        "ShowStatusBar" string.
     d. Now move on to step #8.

8. Right-click on the "ShowStatusBar" string, then click on "Modify"

9. When the "Edit String" window opens, simply change the value data to "1"
(if you're like me, the value data was probably set at "0").  Once you've
changed the value data to "1" then click "O.K."

10.  Exit from all registry related windows and launch your version of
Microsoft Office Publisher 2007.  You should see the page sorter in the lower
left-hand corner of your Publisher screen right where it always should have
been.

And that's it.  Like I said, worked like a charm for me!  But if this does
not work for you, please take a moment to contact Microsoft Office tech
support directly, because that means that you have another issue altogether.

Thanks gang!  May this small piece of advice help any and all the rest of us
who cannot find the Page sorter in Publisher 2007!

JimmyJohnson

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Braden" <Braden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> New to publisher, I deleted an extra page and now can't toggle between the
> remaining pages. and I do not see the page sorter tabs at the bottom. help!

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Saving when changing pages?
Is there any way to automatically save when changing tabs after working on a contact or lead? It's cumbersome to have to always hit the save button... Thanks! Dave Hi Dave It is not possible to archieve this by using the options of CRM. Indeed it would be really useful, but Microsoft does not offer this option But i do think it is possible to add Javascript code to the aspx pages (for accounts SFA/accts/edit.aspx), which does run the save and close code before closing the screen. Don't forget microsoft is not supporting any of these kind of modifications Good luck Ronald Lemme...

word on mac opens and views in 2 pages i want 1 page view default
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel when i open a word document i receive, the view is 2 page to the screeen, this is too hard to read, i want i page per scren, how do i default it to this to make my reading easier Adjust the Zoom on the document, then save it. Each document opens at the zoom ratio it was last saved at. Word 2008 does not give you a way to specify a default size. Older versions of Word enable you to use a macro to set the zoom, but Word 2008 has no macros. Cheers On 24/01/10 7:23 PM, in article 59bb187d.-1@webcr...

strange line across page
I am getting a strange line across page I cannot delete again. I got an answer how to delete it here before, but I forgot it. Please remind me how to delete it. It's a paragraph border. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CantGetRidOfLine.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Mike Row Soft" <MikeRowSoft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A4ED327D-9B4E-4036-893B-50CDC39196BC@microsoft.com... >I am getting a strange line across page I cannot delete again. I go...

Printing selected pages... NOT happening
I have a WORD document (2007) that I want to select two pages to print from the 20 total pages. When I go in to the print options and select the two pages and then go to print them I get page 19 ONLY !!??? I have googled this and can't seem to find an answer to why if I select page 11 and 15 then print, I get page 19. I have tried several different formatting setting, s1s1, s1p1, and so on but every printing still comes out with page 19. I'm starting to think it the acutual document itself that is messed up somehow. Any ideas or suggestion? Thanks Alan How i...

Unhide query
Hi I hid query (changed attributes to hidden) and I would like to see it back and I don't know how. Can you help? -- Greatly appreciated Eva Access 2003 or earlier, with the database window active == Select Tools: Options == Go to the VIEW tab and check Hidden Objects == Click OK == Go to the Queries tab == Find your query and click on it and select properties == uncheck Hidden and click ok == Go back to Tools: Options and uncheck Hidden Objects In 2007, you will need to start with the Office button to get to the option so show hidden objects. John Spencer Access M...

Publisher from resizing page elements
I'm working on creating printable templates for users in Europe. Master pages are A4. To proof I need to change scale on the printer to 90% in order to print full page on US letter paper. Why doesn't changing the print scale for the printer result in resizing all my page elements? Is there any way to eliminate this "helpful" feature? ol cataloger <olcataloger@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I'm working on creating printable templates for users in Europe. > Master pages are A4. To proof I need to change scale on the printer ...

Adding an alpha prefix to page numbers
I am jumping in mid-production on a large document that has been, pretty much, manually prepared (page numbers, TOC, Tables & figures, etc.). I have managed to automate most functions (TOC, Table and figure numbering with lists, Index, etc.) but one thing still eludes me. The document uses page numbers in the executive summary that have a prefix of ES (e.g. ES-1, ES-2, etc.). I can get the pages formatted to display the correct ES-n number on the page but, so far, I haven't figured out how to have the whole ES-n number show up in the TOC. Can this be done? The only p...

Visio Off-Page References
Is it possible to link off-page references in visio to another workbook? I have multiple off-page references both within and outside of the work book I am in. I would like to have the dynamic links both internally and externally. When I drag the off-page reference icon onto the page, the dialogue box that opens only allows a link to a new page within the workbook or an existing page within the workbook. How can I link to another workbook? rather than the off page connector, consider using hyperlinks al <blossomdkb@msn.com> wrote in message news:1170180558.681979.79210@s48g2...

how do I downsize a design to print two to a page
I have designed a flier in Micro Publisher but I want to be able to downsize it so that I can get two copies on one page. I probably should have designed it in a postcard format, but I didn't. Is there anything I can do now? Setup your page for half a page. File, page setup, landscape, type 5.5 width, 8.5 height. Resize your objects. Select your text boxes, format, autofit text, check shrink text on overflow. Or it may work if you create a custom text style. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Elaine" ...

Home Page Link Bars have stopped appearing
Using FP2003 my website has for a long while had vertical link bars on the left hand side of the screen showing the next level down pages. Last night part way through publishing an update there was some sort of glitch in the process which showed several error messages in quick succession too fast to read before they disappeared. The last one I think said something like cancelling renaming index.htm will cause hyperlinks not to work, but it didn't stay on the screen long. Now the original website has no link bars on the home page and I don't appear to be able to even g...

how do i unhide all cells on an excel worksheet?
I selected my entire worksheet (by clicking the button in the upper-left corner of the worksheet frame), then I right-clicked and choose Hide. I've tried every trick I know to unhide the cells but nothing works. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks Select Format | Row | Unhide Regards Trevor "alliecallie" <alliecallie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0D6279C-D3F1-4769-88ED-09190407C40D@microsoft.com... >I selected my entire worksheet (by clicking the button in the upper-left > corner of the worksheet frame), then I right-clicked and choose H...

Page Margins
I've screwed with margin guides and page layout to no effect. My flyer still will not print without being cut off. Why can't this program print what I have on the screen? On the screen the pictures and text are WELL WITHIN the margin guides, yet when printing the bottom portion is always cut off. I know the printer type will have some effect but it shouldn't be that much. The screen shows my picture about an inch from the bottom margin yet the printout is cut off by an inch. This is not a Publisher problem. Look into getting a printer driver update from the manufacture...

Page Position
My worksheet opens halfway down the page. How can I get it to open at the top? Make sure you are at the top when you SAVE the file. Excel opens to th location you were at when you saved the file. Alternately, you could put code in the Workbook Open event as such: Private Sub Workbook_Open() Sheets("sheet1").Select Range("A1").Select End Sub Adjust the sheet name to meet your requirements. Good Luck -- swatsp0 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&useri...

Number of pages you can do
How many pages can one have Pub. 2002? Hi Joseph A. Zupko (notmonitored@sbcglobal.net), in the newsgroups you posted: || How many pages can one have Pub. 2002? More than you could possibly use. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Brian, Would this be a memory limitation? -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of the 45+ countries in the Americas! "Brian Kvalheim - [MS MVP]" <publisher@mvps....

Hiding and Unhiding Rows.. Unhide does not work..

Page Setting
I want to change Default page setting so whenever i open new or existance excel file my described settings should be apply on that file. Maaz 1. A macro to set up the page settings as you wish. 2. If you want a default solution for all NEW workbooks............ Open a new workbook. Customize as you wish. Note: you can set all sheet footers at the same time by "grouping" the sheets. Right-click on a sheet tab and "select all sheets". Set up a footer on the active sheet and will be done to all. Ungroup when setup is complete. File>Save As Type: scroll down to E...

basic question about updating page
Hi I'm new to access and I can't for the life of me figure out how to call a VB function that calculates and keeps all info on my form up to date. I want to invoke the function when any data on the form changes. None of the form events seem to work?! Cheers, Ciar´┐Żn it's hard to give specific suggestions from such vague information, but in general i can tell you that: data isn't stored in a form; it's stored in a table and displayed via a form. if you change data in a control in a form, you can run code from the control's AfterUpdate event. if you're calcula...

illegal operation when doing page setup in Office 97 Excel
What is the fix for an illegal operation pop-up when doing a page set-up Uninstall and reinstall your printer driver. "mcgyvergl@comcast.net" <mcgyvergl@comcast.net@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1FFFDD23-9D7A-4798-A0FD-2796090326E7@microsoft.com... > What is the fix for an illegal operation pop-up when doing a page set-up ...

Unhide
When I try to edit a macro I get the following error message: Cannot edit a macro on a hidden workbook. Unhide the workbook using the Unhide command. How do I get rid of this error? When I right click on the sheet, it's not hidden. -- ...

How do I print a partial page of labels?
I need a few labels, not a whole page. How do I go about printing 6 labels? I don't need a whole page of the same label. Can I mix labels on a page? -- grgoebel A couple of ugly ways I use: Using removal scotch tape, attach the labels down on a normal sheet of paper so only one, two or three rows of labels print. Using plain paper, use removal scotch tape and cover the area of labels you do not want to print on. -- Don - Publisher 2000 Vancouver, USA "grgoebel" <grgoebel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C391C26-08EE-40C0-95B6-D168D9BCE27A@mi...

How do I change the contents of a 4-page spread to a single page?
I have an invitation that was set-up to a 4 page spread, and I would like to fit all of the contents on one page instead of a small section of a 4-page layout. Is this a folded card setup? If so, it is already on one page (letter or A5). -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Miles" <Miles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7279D8DE-BE2D-445B-B817-5AA06F6718FE@microsoft.com... >I have an invitation that was set-up to a 4 page spread, and I would like to > fit all of the contents on one p...

OWA
Originally posted in m.p.exchange.clients but got no response so I thought i wold try here I am having problems using OWA from a computer that is a member of the domain but not connected to the domain network. My experience is: OWA Works from a home computer that has nothing to do with the office domain OWA Works from an office computer connected to the office domain. OWA Works fom an office computer connected from a home DSL ISP and the computer is a memeber of the domain but the user is NOT logged onto the domain but logged on as a local user to the computer.. OWA DOESN"T work fom a...

Can I print 2 pages on 1 page?
Is it possible to print a 2 page document and double side it? Does the printer do that? I do a lot of printing of emails and they are occasionally more than one page. I was hoping that I could save paper and time by double siding my print jobs. Thanks in advance for any info! Hello, Angel lover; Yes and Yes. Some printers have that option. Check your print dialog. If yours doesn't, check for manual paper feed. If it doesn't have that, take all but one sheet out of the paper input tray. For these last two options, print as normal, take the printed sheet, turn it over, and pu...

Why wont Pub2003 allow me to send page as email any longer? #2
I used to be able to send my page as an email. Now the only option is to send as an attachment. What changed? How can I send it as a page in my email? -- integritytommyg ...

Page Length and Merging Data
Hello! I have two questions. 1. I am trying to create a database, but Access will not allow my page length to be any longer than 22". I have tried to make it increase the length, but no luck. Can this be done? I need to add another 23" worth of fields. 2. I want to take information located in an excel sheet or database and allow the user to chose a "location", upon chosing the location, it will populate "all" the fields in the access database with that information. Any suggestions on how to make this happen? Thanks so much for all your help, ...