How do you soften edges of a photo?

How do you soften or blur the edges of a photo?
0
LBFRD (2)

LBFRD wrote:
> How do you soften or blur the edges of a photo?
========================
Use digital image editing software.

--

       John Inzer
    MS Picture It! -

      Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie (2069)
5/10/2007 10:35:35 PM
LBFRD wrote:
> How do you soften or blur the edges of a photo?

Using a graphics program. The latest version of Microsoft Digital Image
something will do this, as will most other good photo manipulation programs.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

How do I soften edges of picture
I have inserted a picture into an auto shape and I want to soften the edges of the picture so it "fades" out around the edges. I could do that in my "Printshop" program very easily but can't seem to do it in Publisher. Please help. Lrubin <Lrubin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have inserted a picture into an auto shape and I want to soften the edges >of the picture so it "fades" out around the edges. I could do that in my >"Printshop" program very easily but can't seem to do it in Publisher. Please >help. Prin...

compressed photos
I am using publisher 2003. How do I know if a photo has already been compressed? If it's a JPEG, it's already been compressed. Images such as TIFF/BMP/PCX you may not necessarily know. But for those images it doesn't really matter anyways. I don't know if you have a way of determining if a photo in Publisher has been compressed or not. Matt Beals Consultant Enfocus Certified Trainer Markzware Recognized Trainer (206) 201-2320 - Main (720) 367-3869 - eFax mailto:matt@mattbeals.com Come visit me at: http://www.automatetheworkflow.com http://www.mattbeals.com http://forums.m...

Some photos split in Publisher
Sometimes Publisher splits a picture - duplicating a strip of sky from the top of the picture and adding it to the bottom. It's only seen during printing - not on the work screen. Have you gone to your printer's manufacturer's web site and looked around for an updated driver? This isn't a Publisher issue. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Robin" <Robin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83AF20F7-33BF-466F-8A40-9A9AB56875FB@microsoft.com... > Sometimes Publisher splits ...

How do you soften edges of a photo?
How do you soften or blur the edges of a photo? LBFRD wrote: > How do you soften or blur the edges of a photo? ======================== Use digital image editing software. -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP Digital Image Highlights and FAQs http://tinyurl.com/aczzp Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that work for me may not work for you Proceed at your own risk LBFRD wrote: > How do you soften or blur the edges of a photo? Using a graphics program. The latest version of Microsoft Digital Image somethi...

how do I soften edges of photos in a publication
I am trying to soften the appearance of photos in a publication instead of adding a border. I have done this in the past but have forgoten how to do it!!! With a photo editor. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Boxgrove 1" <Boxgrove 1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D21AFDC5-BC95-4934-BABC-E3057300C21F@microsoft.com... >I am trying to soften the appearance of photos in a publication instead of > adding a border. I have done this in the past but have forgoten how to do >...

Lightbox and FrontPage Photo Gallery
Has anyone been able to use a lightbox application with the FrontPage photo gallery? I have FrontPage 2002. I like the convenience of the built-in photo gallery app in FP. Now, I've been able to get various mouseover effects with CSS by wrapping the entire gallery in a DIV, but the light box applications I've seen all require the thumbnail link to contain a rel= tag in the anchor, and I can't see how to work with that. Maybe an innerHTML thing, but I'm not good with JavaScript. Anyone have any ideas they want to share? "Toni" <Toni@nowhere.com&...

why can't I receive photos by e-mail?
Someone is trying to send me photos from their Blackberry but their message is returned and I receive nothing. Can any one tell me what the problem might be? "manxie" <manxie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9585CC5-80CB-4AB1-A93B-79BC98B1884B@microsoft.com... > Someone is trying to send me photos from their Blackberry but their > message > is returned and I receive nothing. Can any one tell me what the problem > might be? You need to get them to tell you what the error message is and post that here... Their message is returned with a n...

How to soften edges of photo in Publisher?
How do I soften/ blur/ fade the edges of a photo in Publisher 2003? Sometimes I do not want crisp borders. Thank you. Use a photo editor to do photo editing tasks then insert the edited photo into Publisher. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "LBFRD" <LBFRD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B67CA6C-5A88-4C1B-ACB1-88D09C1ED39F@microsoft.com... > How do I soften/ blur/ fade the edges of a photo in Publisher 2003? > Sometimes > I do not want crisp borders. Thank you. ...

Cannot receive mail from Internet (edge transport server issue)
Hi, I installed edge transport server to DMZ leg of the ISA Server. I can send mail to any Internet address without problem but I can't receive mail from Internet. Edge synchronization was successful. Edge can telnet to Hub transport from port 25 and can solve dns name of it. I can see e-mails which is sent from Internet within the queue but those mails are not leaving the queue. How can I solve this delivery problem? Thanks, Burak Additional info: When I run test-edgesynchronization command, I get following: ConnectionResult : Succeeded FailureDetail ...

How do I move text to beside (rather than after) a photo?
I have MS Word 2007. When I place a photo or text box onto a page, I can't then get text to enter beside it. The cursor will only go to the side just above or below the photo. How do I enter text alongside the picture? Change the text wrapping on the photo or text box to Square. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Mrs Mainster" <Mrs Mainster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C43DF85-E305-4DEC-8F8A-3BF1D544FF62@microsoft.com... >I have MS Word 2007. > When...

how do I blur a picture edge in Publisher?
how do I blur or soften the edge of a picture in Publisher? redleg66 wrote: > how do I blur or soften the edge of a picture in Publisher? =============================== Use digital image editing software. If you don't have an app with that feature... try the following... The 60 day trial of MS Digital Image Suite 2006 can do it quite easily. Microsoft Digital Image Starter Edition 2006 http://tinyurl.com/8x6ea (this offer is no longer being promoted but I'm relatively sure you can still download it and run it for 60 days) Just open the image in DIS 2006 and go to...Effects / Ed...

best hot photos
HOT HEROINES PHOTOS http://hotheroinesphoto.blogspot.com/ SEXY SNEHA http://hotheroinesphoto.blogspot.com/2010/06/sneha-hot.html KOUSHA HOT EXPOSING http://hotheroinesphoto.blogspot.com/2010/06/sexy-kousha.html PRIYAMANI IN HOT BIKINI http://hotheroinesphoto.blogspot.com/2010/06/priyamani-hot.html MADHUSHALINI IN HOT DRESS http://hotheroinesphoto.blogspot.com/2010/06/blog-post_2972.html HOTTEST LIPKISS http://hotheroinesphoto.blogspot.com/2010/06/lipkiss-2.html NAMITHA IN BATH http://hotheroinesphoto.blogspot.com/2010/06/nayagarala-namitha.html ...

Clips & photos printing in upper lefthand corner of document
I am having trouble with some of my print jobs and Publisher 2002. I place my clips and photos where I want them in my document, but when I print the job sometimes some of the clips and photos are misplaced up into the upper lefthand corner of my document. Can anyone help me with this problem, please? It's driving me nuts! Thanks, debbio Might update your printer driver... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "debbio" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:171d01c4ad4c$a5cc83...

soften jagged edges of pie charts
I am trying to smooth the angles in pie chart which prints okay from an excel but not when I copy and paste it on a microsoft word document Instructions said go to format, click selected data series and click patterns tab then select smoothed line. But the box Smoothed line doesn't exist. Have you tried copying as picture (Shift-Edit-copy as picture)? "zen" wrote: > I am trying to smooth the angles in pie chart which prints okay from an excel > but not when I copy and paste it on a microsoft word document > > Instructions said go to format, click selected...

loaded nero7.now if open photo in email nero takes over no photo
have loaded nero 7 and since then when i get email and click on a photo nero snap phto opens and no photo shows it seems to take taken over as default manager for photos and i dont know how to stop it..remaoving the nero 7 programme did not help ken wrote: > have loaded nero 7 and since then when i get email and click on a > photo nero snap phto opens and no photo shows it seems to take taken > over as default manager for photos and i dont know how to stop > it..remaoving the nero 7 programme did not help Right click on a photo and select "open with" then select the...

How do I view the inserted photo in Publisher 2003?
All I see is the image frame. Also, if I have the insert photo dialog box opened, and dragged the dialog over the image frame, the photo appears. But if I tried to resize, the photo disappears again. It doesn't even display in the print preview. View, picture, detailed display. It that doesn't work, how big is the image? Could be your video driver. Control panel, display folder, settings tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab, slide the acceleration down, if the image appears, go to the manufacturer's web page of your video adapter and look around for an updated driver. ...

How can I soften the edges of a picture?
I would like to soften the look of the edges of a pictures for the internet posting. Anyone done that? Thanks Lynn "Lynn" <Lynn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:259D7427-5098-446D-B99A-BA1F576E8F8C@microsoft.com... >I would like to soften the look of the edges of a pictures for the internet > posting. Anyone done that? > Thanks > Lynn This is not a question for a Microsoft Access database forum (which is what microsoft.public.access is for). But, I use SnagIt to do stuff like that. It is well worth the money if you do many screenshots or...

Camera Photo Attachment
In Outlook 2002 when I receive an e-mail with a jpg camera photo attached the attachement does not appear on the incomming e-mail. The size of the e-mail file in the inbox view indicates the KB are there but there is no photo. If I forward the e-mail, the photo file is listed in the Attachment box and by double clicking on the photo file the picture appears. How can I get the photo attachment to appear on the incomming e-mail? The photo extension is not one that is blocked by Level 1 security of Outlook. ...

viewing photos sent as attachments
I have been sent some photo's as an attachment and am trying to view them using Word 97, each one appears as a frame and image number how do I convert them to a proper photo? Are they doc-files then? You're probably better of viewing them in a photo-editor application -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "greygroob" <greygroob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E497166C-998F-4DD2-80C6-A83CA474F9B2@microsoft.com.....

how do I feather the edge of a picture?
How do I "feather" the edge of a picture to cover up the fact my finger was in the field of the picture a little bit on one corner? Behr wrote: > How do I "feather" the edge of a picture to cover up the fact my > finger was in the field of the picture a little bit on one corner? =========================== Cropping it slightly might be the quickest/easiest method in Publisher. Just select the image and left click the Crop tool on the Picture toolbar and drag the corner handle inward slightly while holding your Shift key. (holding the Shift key preserves the aspect ...

Soften drop shadow around photo
Hi, [Working in Publisher 2003] I would like to add a realistic drop shadow to a photo, so it seems to have some dimension off the page. The shadow should fade a bit to a soft edge (like the shadow around the shadow icon on the toolbar.) However, the shadow I get is hard edged; the only options seem to be shadow color and direction, not a fade effect. It's odd that the shadow toolbar and the discussion in the help files show a nice fade around the shadow button, but I haven't been able to find any way to create that effect in Publisher. I would appreciate some hints on how I c...

photos
how to reduce resolution of existing photos to insert into website dunefarm wrote: > how to reduce resolution of existing photos to insert into website You need a graphics program that will compress photos for you. Irfanview is a free program that will do this (and many other things). Take a look: http://www.irfanview.com/ -- Hugs, Erika ...

sort photos by date taken
I have taken a lot of photos while on holiday but they are not in date order why is this and how can I get them into order I have tried drag cut and paste I tried on another machine which seemed to accept this but they are still all over the place You can change the order they appear in Windows Explorer or in any of the Open or Save dialog boxes. Just click on the Date header. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "photos" <photos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27478...

can I copy photos attached to emails onto a disc
I receive lots of emails with attached photos. How do I get the photos from the inbox of Microsoft Outlook onto a disc so that I can get them printed ????? ...

text box float over photo?
Pub 2k, Is there a way to float a text box over a photo or vice versa? (photo program layering) thanks, Sure, what problems are you running into? If your photo is in the back make the text box transparent.(No fill, ctrl+t). If you place the text box in the back, you will have to think about the wrap. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "L." <ofa@yahoo1.com> wrote in message news:%23fFs6ZDiHHA.392@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Pub 2k, > > Is there a way to float a text box over a photo or vice v...