How do you skew an image in Publisher

0
Olga (8)

You push it to one side or
perhaps
you could write some sense in the big white space.
--
John G

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"olga" <olga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Greentest1 (225)
7/11/2007 11:02:27 PM
It would be best if you include your question
in the body of the message.

I'm thinking you need an advanced image editor.

Maybe the 60 day trial of MS Digital Image would be useful:

Microsoft Digital Image
Starter Edition 2006
http://tinyurl.com/28loxr
(this product is no longer being
promoted but you can still down-
load the Starter Version and run
it for 60 days)

--

       John Inzer
    MS Picture It! -

      Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie (2069)
7/11/2007 11:15:13 PM
The best that can be said is that you don't. You do it in an image editing
program such as Photoshop. A lot of others are also available.
"olga" <olga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Anthemwebs (309)
7/11/2007 11:15:44 PM
I think Olga wants to rotate a rectangle into a trapezoid.

I don't think it can be done in Publisher. (Pub 2000 here)

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"John G" <Greentest@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> You push it to one side or
> perhaps
> you could write some sense in the big white space.
> --
> John G
>
> How to ask a question
> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>

> "olga" <olga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Engineer5094 (821)
7/11/2007 11:26:04 PM
You can use an autoshape and fill it with your picture. Otherwise use an editing
program, even MS Paint can skew images.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"olga" <olga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
mary-sauer (6480)

How do I set up Publisher to find clip art file for border art?
I have Microsoft Office2003 installed with a typical install on a HP pavillion lap top using Windows Vista. When I try to add custom border art I am offered a collection of pictures from clip art, but when I select a picture and try to insert it into the border art I get a message that says "Publisher can not find file. I have exactly the same installation on an older desktop computer running XP and I have no problem. One help file I found says that this results from moving files or installing a new hard drive - but I have done none of these things. Why can't Publisher find...

document imager
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel <i>have microsoft office for mac 2008, student edition, i am trying to scan a document so that i can edit it, older versions of word had something called OCR that would enable you to do this, i cannot find it on my version, how do i do it?</i> What you're referring to is Twain support which requires VBA. Since there's no VBA in Office 2008 there's no Twain support. The only real difference is that you cannot scan directly into your document. You'll need to use the software that c...

Upgradeing a published website using ftp. Many questions
I published my website using vs2010. I checked the box that made it upgradeable. As a check I ftp copied default.aspx and default.aspx.vb to the site replacing the published files. Looks like it still works. So I can update the site files using ftp? I noticed there is no App_Code folder. Suppose I need to update something in that folder, can I? How? I also noticed there is a file: PrecompiledApp.config Might I ever want to delete that file? What is it for? Would it make sense to delete all the files and ftp the entire site to the host. Can a site be uplo...

Publisher #28
Im trying to use Publisher and donot understand why margin Guides are represented by two coloured dotted lines, red and blue. Why two lines? Hi Celt (Celt@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || Im trying to use Publisher and donot understand why margin Guides are || represented by two coloured dotted lines, red and blue. Why two || lines? See the following link: http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=55 -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, an...

Website publishing one one page is published
When I publish the multi page web site into a folder only the first page opens. There are no links to other pages shown, All files are in the same folder Col wrote: > When I publish the multi page web site into a folder only the first > page opens. There are no links to other pages shown, All files are > in the same folder ======================================= Try posting your question in the following newsgroup: "Publisher Web Design" http://tinyurl.com/5l7mb5 or... http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.p...

Installation of Publisher 2003
Can Publisher 2003 be installed on a computer running windows 2000 with office 2002 already loaded on it? As long as you have Windows 2000 SP3 you should be fine. "Jim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1755b01c41825$012b0670$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Can Publisher 2003 be installed on a computer running > windows 2000 with office 2002 already loaded on it? ...

Document Imaging
I have two issues related to this. First, Document Imaging is not showing in 2010 beta. I have done a complete install, and told the install to run all from my computer. I have Windows 7 64 and I cannot find Document Imaging. A related problem is on my machine also running 7 64 and I have Office 2007, Document Imaging appears but the Document Imaging Printer doesn't appear. Is this a 64 bit issue? If so, why are they making a big fuss that 2010 will be available in 64 bit. Why have the 64 bit if you have reduced functionality? ...

IMAGE
Hello I have set up some stationery but my nice crisp clean company logo looks poor qualiy when I do a test and receive it back in the email. It looks very good in outlook when sending but not so on receiving - does Outlook compress images to a certain quality - can I do something to ensure good quality image? thanks Jeff ...

How do I find a copy of Publisher 2002?
Hi, I am looking to order a new copy of Publisher 2002. I have a new project that my client wants to do on Publisher. I have not yet upgraded to XP and am still on Windows 98, so Publisher 2003 won't work on my (yes I know) outdated computer. How can I find a new copy of Publisher 2002 which will work on 98? I'm uncomfortable ordering from some of the unknown sites that come up in a google search. Any suggestions? Ebay? Or you could try Sams Club, BJs, or Costco. They may have some older software. We have a buyout company called Ollies in this are. (Their motto is "G...

Publisher 03 slow
I recently transfered all my documents to a new computer and the updated version of Publisher (03). it is running slow. when highlighting text, i swipe the text and then have to wait for it to highlight. even zooming in and out is slow. Hi , Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 and older are critical about video drivers. Usually upgrading (or downgrading in some cases) will fix the problems you are encountering. I would recommend is restarting your computer in 'Safe Mode'. To get to Safe Mode, restart your computer and press "F8" at the beginning of the boot process. Once p...

Structure information for Publisher
Publisher should allow one to create a structure, just like Word. InDesign and QuarkXpress have this feature. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=ca8c46c5-be5b-4be0-8fa4-1c7b235d80f3&dg=mi...

Add image over other images
Hey guys, Basically I have two pictures: A map (quite a large picture) A symbol (quite small and to be placed over the map at specified points) Anyone have any idea how I could go about this? Thanks in advance for any help! Am 05.05.2010 05:51, schrieb bourkeyo: > Basically I have two pictures: > > A map (quite a large picture) > A symbol (quite small and to be placed over the map at specified points) > > Anyone have any idea how I could go about this? Take a look at the following classes/methods: 'Bitmap': Constructor and 'Save' m...

How do I allow Publisher 2002 pub to be opened by Publisher 2000?
I have a MS Publisher 2002 publication that I want others to be able to open who have different versions of Publisher. How do I change the publication to allow others to open it and to even make changes if they want? annoyed <annoyed@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have a MS Publisher 2002 publication that I want others to be able > to open who have different versions of Publisher. How do I change > the publication to allow others to open it and to even make changes > if they want? File > Save as > Save as type: Publisher 2000. Fo...

CTime getting skewed
I always want to display my times in the host locale and am using some old C based time structs. Consequently have to call setLocale(LC_ALL, ""); during program initialisation, This allows the CRT to pick up the windows locale which for me is all set correctly to UK. Everything works fine. Without the above call, C dates default to US format. These are persisted to an SQL server database via a CRecordset CTime object mapping. After persisted, i can run sql queries and the dates are shown in the correct format. But when i read these dates back in the month and day have change...

inserting photos into publisher #2
trying to insert many photos into publisher document. They are copying fine but when i copy them over they are way too big to fit the screen. Can anyone help as i am inserting hundreds of photos and resizing takes time. resizing photos wrote: > trying to insert many photos into publisher document. They are > copying fine but when i copy them over they are way too big to fit > the screen. Can anyone help as i am inserting hundreds of photos and > resizing takes time. ==================================== Here's an idea for Publisher 2007... Left click the Picture Frame button...

Resize Image
Hello, I need to resize an image contained on a System.Web.HttpPostedFileBase. I would like to keep the same format. I have the following: public Stream Resize(HttpPostedFileBase image, Int32 height, Int32 width) { using (Image source = Image.FromStream(image.InputStream, true, true)) { using (Bitmap resized = (Bitmap)source.GetThumbnailImage(100, 50, null, IntPtr.Zero)) { MemoryStream output = new MemoryStream(); resized.Save(output, source.RawFormat); return output; } } } // Resize Is this the best ...

how to redraw a part of strechec image
Hi I am using a small image (as compared to form/dialog) as background of full screen application (dialog application). I use CDC::StretchBlt function to display the initial image. I need to redraw a part of the dialog..so I have to redraw the image(part of stretched image).. How am I supposed to do that? Regards Ashutosh Ashutosh wrote: > Hi > I am using a small image (as compared to form/dialog) as background of full > screen application (dialog application). > > I use CDC::StretchBlt function to display the initial image. > I need to redraw a part of the dialog...

Mail Merge
I want to merge names and address from excel into Publisher 2000. The merge operation works ok but where the fields in the excel are blank a space in left in the appropriate line of the address in publisher. In the blank fields are removed automatically. Is there any way of achieving this is publisher? Thanks -- Turbo There is a check-off in the print dialog, "Don't print lines that contain only empty fields." -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "turboace" <turboace@btopenworld.com> wro...

How do I find lost Publisher application used on Feb. 9, 2005?
My Publisher program was used to create a document on Feb. 9, 2005. I still have the file in my documents, but cannot open it. When I search for or try to run Mspub.exe, the application does not activate. Please help! Did you use a trial version of Publisher? It is only good for thirty days. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "roger c" <roger c@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D5ECBF2-4286-4103-AED3-84F3A6FA9EF1@microsoft.com... > My Publisher program was used to create a document on Feb...

images #2
Is there any way to change the default Save As: for unknown images from .bmp to other formats? Even when the image is originally a .gif, it will only save as .bmp ...

Publisher '07: How do I print four postcards on one letter size sh
I've created a postcard that I want to print out and use like a flyer, by posting or placing small stacks of them where my potential customers will see them. I don't want to mail them anywhere. Although I have used a 1/4 letter size format in designing, I can't get them to come out four to a sheet in landscape. They will come out two to a sheet if I specify portrait, but I can't figure out how to get four. I've even bought perforated, letter-sized, thick paper from an office supply store intended for just this purpose, so it must be a routine operation. When I...

mirror image #2
Is there a way to mirror a text or word in excel? I am trying to make an iron on so I need a mirrored image. If anyone knows how, it's greatly appreciated. Deb, The best I can come up with is to do it in Paint and then insert it into Excel. Paint>> Image>Flip/Rotate>Flip_Horizontal, then save Excel>> Insert>Picture>From_File, then select the file. Good Luck, Mark Graesser mark_graesser@yahoo.com Our Fair City - Boston MA ----- Deb wrote: ----- Is there a way to mirror a text or word in excel? I am trying to make an iron on so I need ...

How to create hyperlinks to specific locations in Publisher e-mail
I have read through the Answerbox article on how to create HTML Code Fragments which can be used as Bookmarks and Hyperlinks to a specific location within a page when publishing a Publisher file to the Web, but when I try to send the publisher page as an e-mail I get the HTML Code Fragment box appearing rather than the Link/Bookmark - even though the rest of the e-mail appears correctly as an HTML message. Why is this and, more importantly, what can I do about it? I am using Publisher 2003 SP1 & Outlook 2003 SP1 Many Thanks. ...

Adding an image to an Image control
I would like to create a worksheet where I can store information on number of items. Each row of the worksheet would store data on 1 item only, and the last cell of data would contain a link to an image of the item (C:\Users\Dad\Desktop\test.png). What I can not figure out is how to create the code to display the image in an Image control on my Userform. What I tried was: Image1.Picture = Range("E3").Value where Range("E3") contained C:\Users\Dad\Desktop\test.png. Is this do able? If so could someone point me in the right direction. Image1.Pi...

Publisher file format
Can a Publisher XP file be saved as any format that can be read by Adobe Illustrator? I don't want to buy Adobe just to send a file to a printer who doesn't use Publisher...Thanks I'd suggest asking your printer which formats he can accept. Don't assume the only program he uses is Illustrator. -- JoAnn Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer. --Bruce Graham "Dave Krieger" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b87501c3ec4a$b9bc5b50$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Can a Publisher XP file be s...