How do you get Publisher to print transparent areas correctly?

I have boxes with a gradient that goes from one color to transparent. When I
print on my desktop printer, the transparent areas print as white. Is there
any way around this problem?

Thanks so much!
0
Pongett (1)

Your printer prints white?

"Dan Pongett" <Dan Pongett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I have boxes with a gradient that goes from one color to transparent. When
| print on my desktop printer, the transparent areas print as white. Is
there
| any way around this problem?
|
| Thanks so much!

0
webmaster911 (1600)
7/21/2006 5:16:15 PM
The paper is white. The box that fades to transparency is placed on top of
another graphic. Instead of allowing the bottom graphic to show through the
transparent areas, it shows up as a white box. I don't know if that makes
sense....

Dan Pongett wrote:
> The paper is white. The box that fades to transparency is placed on top of
> another graphic. Instead of allowing the bottom graphic to show through the
> transparent areas, it shows up as a white box. I don't know if that makes
> sense....

Yeah, it makes sense. It's what brought me into this newsgroup 4 years
ago, and it still isn't fully fixed. In Publisher 2003, the easiest
workaround is to save each page as a high-resolution PNG file and print
those. In 2007 Publisher (beta), the easiest workaround is to export a
PDF and print that.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

A Crystal Beginner

Printing Issue #3
I am trying to make an invitation using publisher 2003. I am required to use a couple of photo's I have got of the school's website but they don't print. Normal clip art images will print but my pictures of the internet won't. I have tried saving them to the computer then using them and also copying and pasting and neither works. I also thought it might be because they were from the net so I used the orignals of a cd and it still did not print. They are being used as an image behind text but even without text over the top they still fail to print. The advance print...

How can I make a multilevel outline document in Publisher?
I'd like to at least be able to import/copy & paste the multi-level outline from Word into Publisher but it will not "hold" the outline format. Does anyone know a way to either get Publisher to allow me to create a multi-level outline or at least paste one in from Word, including all the formatting? Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks. ...

Print resizing, duh
I feel like a dummy for asking, but, I've played with Page Setup, Page Break, Print Area, etc., etc. and can't figure out how to resize the printed image. I'm printing in Landscape and the length (left to right) is full-page(11"). What I want to do is increase the width (height - up and down) to fill in more of the page (8.5"). Is this possible? Thanks -- quiddity ------------------------------------------------------------------------ quiddity's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27202 View this thread: http://www.excelfor...

Get paid while you get online!!

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

print dialogue box
Is there a way you can configure only one print box to appear right before you print a email message. Currently there are two difference boxes that appear at random. Not exactly at random....Emails which are in HTML format are printed using the IE print dialogue, as opposed to Text messages (Plain or RIch Text) which are printed with the native Outlook print dialogue. I do not believe there is a way to change this behavior. "DS" wrote: > Is there a way you can configure only one print box to appear right before > you print a email message. Currently there are two dif...

Booklet printing #5
I am nearing finalization of a booklet comprising 8 sheets, 32 pages and have been printing draft copies at the local OfficeMax. Now I want to print the booklet with different weight paper for the cover sheet and internal pages. What is the better way to schedule the print? Use a separate publication for the cover. Are you printing the booklet yourself? Some printers have the option of printing the first page on different stock. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "PatJennings" <pfjennings@charter.net&...

How do I get??

Publisher2000,trying to ftp., says check your URL, can't publish,
Can't publish to tripod using ftp. I'm a real newby to this stuff but have checked all other questions. I did enable frontpage on the tripod site. Can you help? Make note that web publication issues should be discussed in our webdesign forum versus this general forum. You should work thru the article - http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=158 - as well as review the FAQ - http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=30 David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] http://www.publishermvps.com http://www.davidbartosik.com "javalady33" <javalady33@discussions.microsof...

Get notified when Out of Office is on

Poor quality printing report with photo
Access 2007 - I am using an attachment field to link to a photos. I have tried jpg, png and tif format. All are good quality in the Report View and Layout View, but in Print Preview they have jagged red streaks through the photo and print with those streaks on most printers. i have found one printe that for some reason seems to print the report ok, but it doesn't handle the paper we want to use. Anyone have any idea or have experience a similar occurance. If I embed the photo it works ok, but makes the database huge. "Jim S" <JimS@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Getting Control ID in Active X control

how do I insert a rss newsfeed into a publisher newsletter?
I had a newsfeed I'd like to display in my newsletter Here is the link. http://enr.construction.com/news/rss/enr.xml How do I insert this to have the contesnts display? ...

How to export Excell page to print in Word program
I do have one page of Excel with resume information that want to add as the second page of my resume. The first page of my resume is in the Word program (it prints well, no problem with that), then I want to add a second page to print on the back of this first page (which is what I did in Excel; it uses tables, so that is why the second page has to be done in Excel). I have a duplex printer, so my printer can print second pages on the back of the first page well. My problem is: When I try to copy my Excel page and then paste it onto the second page of my first page Word resume, the pa...

Publisher 2002 #23
In trying to access any templete or file in program, a error message with big red X; The instruction at "0x77f580db" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "written". Click OK to terminate the program. Can only take one action and program is terminated. Can anyone explain this error and the solution. Have you installed the service packs for Office? http://office.microsoft.com/ProductUpdates/default.aspx This could be a printer driver problem, select another default printer and try Publisher again. If all is well go to the manufacturer...

Get photos from a camera