How do I wrap text in a text box around another text box

I'm creating a newsletter with columns.  I have a horizontal text box with
the article title.  I want the vertical column at the same height as the top
of the horizontal column.  Right now the text in the vertical column is going
through some of the horizontal box.  I want it to wrap.  I've tried to
selecting "square" for each of the two boxes wrapping style.  Nothing
changes.  How do I get the text to wrap around the horizontal text box? I'm
using Publisher 2003
0
Wrenly (2)

I found a way around this by copying another textbox from the template that
was apprently already set up to wrap correctly.  The only difference I can
see in the layout is that object position is set to "exact." But that option
was greyed out on the text box that I had created in the first place.  So I'm
still at a loss for how to do it .

"Wrenly" wrote:

> I'm creating a newsletter with columns.  I have a horizontal text box with
> the article title.  I want the vertical column at the same height as the top
> of the horizontal column.  Right now the text in the vertical column is going
> through some of the horizontal box.  I want it to wrap.  I've tried to
> selecting "square" for each of the two boxes wrapping style.  Nothing
> changes.  How do I get the text to wrap around the horizontal text box? I'm
> using Publisher 2003
0
Wrenly (2)

Formula with text
We do fixed assets on excel spreadsheet. Each worksheet is an new month. Formula is =K47*$M$2. The M represents the current month (7) and this number is entered on Row 2 M. We acquired the new asset in February and we only want to depreciate it for six months. This formula no longer works if we enter the current month of (7) in M. Can you help me? DD, What does the K47*M2 represent with respect to the fixed assets or what is K47? When you say you only wish to depreciate the new asset for 6 months, is that its entire useful life or are you taking a 1/2 year convention where 1/2 of...

Text wrapping difficulity
I am attempting to wrap text around a graphic, an oval. On the "outside" of the oval is a picture that ends on the ovals left hand side. I want the text to follow the "inside" (or right hand side) of the oval. I have edited the text boxes' wrap points, that did nothing. I have grouped the three objects (picture, graphic & text box) and brought the graphic to the front. That didn't work. The text always runs through (on top of) the graphic and the picture, or goes away completely. Is there a solution? Thanks. Text will never wrap inside the oval....

Problem Selecting Items In Combo Boxes
I have an Access application that has a bug on SOME (not all) systems it is used on. Occasionally, certain combo boxes (that have a rowsource from a linked MySql Database) will not allow the user to select anything. If a user types or selects using the mouse, the combo box will spring back to the first item in the rowsource! Any ideas what the problem could be? TIA ...

Force TRUE in a check box as result from an option button??
I have a set of option buttons and a set of check boxes. One of the check boxes is for a certain value that is similar to one of the option buttons. Essentially, what I want is for that check box to automatically go to a "TRUE" (checked) state when the certain option button is selected. When the other option buttons are selected, the check box will remain in it's normal state which will allow the user to select it or not depending on other variables. But, if the option button is on that certain selection, I would like to make it so that check box MUST remain on TRUE, and ...

Fix the 1099 MISC process so it works with all boxes available
the 1099 Misc form/reporting is designed to report many things. Great Plains should fix its system so it allows for completion of the 1099 misc form as directed in the instructions. One vendor may have multiple payments that need to be reported in a 1099 misc form, ex Rent box 1, Royalty box 2, nonemployee compensation box 7. The instructions for form 1099 misc gives an example of machine rental with operator: machine in box 1 operator in box 7. I don't see this as an enhancement to your program. I see this as making your program work, otherwise you should quit saying you hav...

remove the text preview in a slide text box
My slide has a text box and the bullits are grayed out until I select them in my presentation. How can I remove the grayed out preview? That is just a placeholder until you put text into it. It does not show up until your in the slide presentation mode. If you want a blank slide without a place holder you need to select new slide and select the blank option. -- Michael Koerner MS MVP - PowerPoint "Ken V" <Ken V@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F33DE7C8-4082-44A4-8499-91094BBA7FCC@microsoft.com... My slide has a text box and the bullits ar...

Calculating text boxes
I'm running a report on how to split up the fee for a band. Because all members of the band aren't equal (eg road crew work on a fixed fee) I have a code allocated to each member. Members Crew Agent In my query I have calculated a subtotal after the fixed fees are taken out and I now want to divide the remainder up amongst the Members equally. In my report I now have a field [FeeSubtotal] and a calculating text box called Text 27 with the control source =-Sum([Code]="Member") As an example, when I run the report the field show FeeSubtotal $5170 and the Text box showing ...

Cells with same text but excel think it's different?
I have two cells with exacely the same text. but excel think it's different and not returning any value for my vlookup.. I used if statement and the result is showing the 2 cells are different. I checked format, space and even '. can someone please help? thanks. Do you have an 0 instead of a O? (Number zero, letter O) -- Regards Andy Wiggins www.BygSoftware.com Home of "Save and BackUp", "The Excel Auditor" and "Byg Tools for VBA" "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:84F83A62-88D7-4292-9B2E-B8F34B737B48@mic...

Wrapping Text to next cell?
Is it possible to get text that overfills a cell to wrap to the nex cell below it? thanks Bria -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi no, but you can make it wrap in the SAME cell (Format - Cells - alignment' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "bdunk >" <<bdunk.19rdkw@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:bdunk.19rdkw@excelforum-nospam.com... > Is it possible to get text that overfills a cell to wrap to the next > cell below it? > > thanks Brian > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Inserting a new row that has combo boxes
Hi I am creating a form that will collect telephone stats. I have it set up so that the user can select the information from a number of combo boxes. What I would like to do is create a button that will insert a new row into the bottom of this form that will have combo boxes in them. Presently, I can only copy/paste the row if the toolbox editor is open. I thank you for any help you can provide. Sean ...

restore exchange mail box
to MVP my office is using win2003 server & exchange 2003 sp2 , now i want to try to build a new server to replace it now i build a win2003 ( still haven't add any user ) & exchange 2003 ,i want to user a TAPE driver to restore my old exchange server mail store to new server ( use CA Arcserve backup 11.5 + exchange agent ) but when i choose restore source in tape ,i can't choose any mail box in or just choose the mail store , just can restore all mail store , but it is not work , any one can teach me the step about that thank your very much You cannot restore individu...

Funky text justification
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------040208070607020604080801 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Publisher 2007. Every so often, when I have a paragraph set to full justification, the first few lines will be fine, and the next one will be spread out like this for no reason and then the next line will be fine. Sometimes I can fool with it and fix it, especially if the fu...

Edit box without borders
Hi, I like to change an editbox's style (No border) so I used : m_edit.ModifyStyle(WS_BORDER, 0); but nothing changed! Any suggestions on this? Thanks Try the following m_edit.ModifyStyleEx(WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE,0,SWP_DRAWFRAME); -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "JSmith" <jsmithmitra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23Wf7gX%23pEHA.3848@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I like to change an editbox's style (No border) so I used : > > m_edit.ModifyStyle(WS_BORDER, 0); > > but nothing changed! > &...

Wrap to Window
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) In draft view, I'd like the text to wrap to the window size rather than the document's margins. Is this feature part of Word for Mac? It's easily done in the PC version. Thanks, Robin Hi Robin - Word> Preferences> View - check the box for Wrap text to window. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 4/12/08 10:20 AM, in article ee98414.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Robin@officeformac.com" <Robin@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > &g...

word wrap in publisher
I am wanting to know if there is a way to reset the default word wrap values in publisher. I have everything else set so that I don't have to open the 'format text box' box every time to set this. I am writing newsletters and need to do this quickly at least 20 times an hour. HELP!!! mewithad <mewithad@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am wanting to know if there is a way to reset the default word wrap > values in publisher. I have everything else set so that I don't have > to open the 'format text box' box every time to...

Add Text Field Columns
PFDB: IIf(Nz([PFDirect])+Nz([PFBulk])=0,"",Nz([PFBulk])+Nz([PFDirect])) I have two fields both of which are text. When I try to add them as above, I get a concatenated result, not the sum. How does one add them? -- On Fri, 18 May 2007 17:38:49 -0600, bw wrote: > PFDB: IIf(Nz([PFDirect])+Nz([PFBulk])=0,"",Nz([PFBulk])+Nz([PFDirect])) > > I have two fields both of which are text. When I try to add them as above, I get a > concatenated result, not the sum. How does one add them? How does one add "This is text." + "this is also text&qu...

Bold some text within a text box
I have a text box hosting a memo field. I have had a user request for the ability to bold some words within the text box. I suspect it is not possible within a text box but is there a way to do it? Or will it require a custom control? If it requires a custom control, what would be involved in changing over? Presumably existing text will automatically come in unformatted but are there any other things to consider? -- Len ______________________________________________________ remove nothing for valid email address. It is possible only in Access 2007. In table ...

A macro for deleting lines of text
Hi I need to delete all lines except those containing the Text NMI, FromDate>, To Date> Can someone tell me where I'm going wrong with this Macro when I run it, it deletes all lines? Public Sub DeleteNonSpecific Rows() Dim rCell As Range Dim rDelete As Range For Each rCell In Range("A1:A" & _ Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row) With rCell If Not (Text) = " FromDate>" Or _ (Text) = " ToDate>" Or _ ...

Wrap not wrapping
I go FORMAT, click CELLS, click NUMBER, click TEXT, click WRAP TEXT as I usually do but for some reason it does not wrap. Anyone have a clue? Maybe I need to turn the machine off and let it recharge... Ralphael, the OLD one Ralpael Format>Cells>Alignment tab. Wrap text is on this Tab. Checkmark it a couple of times to set and reset it. Then make sure the row is formatted to "Autofit". If you are dealing with "merged" cells, this presents a whole 'nother problem as autofit does not work with merged cells unless you use code. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On 28 ...

4-Sided Text Border
I want to print continuous text all around the outside border of my document . The only way I can figure out how to do it is use 4 text boxes & line 'em up as a border. Which I'll do if that's the only way . . . Is there a way to make one continuous text border around a document? Thanks so much! No way in Publisher to make one continuous text box. Your way (4 text boxes) will work. You could copy/paste special as a .png, this will allow cropping. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jan" <...

Disabled Users / Deleted Mail Boxes
Hi. Exchange 2003 I have accounts that are disabled in AD an their MB's are deleted. My App log is full of 9548 warnings. All I have read so far is to change permissions on the MB, it no longer exists. Get the NoMAS Tool and I am not sure if it will help. Any Ideas Guys? I can't believe that you can delete a MB without deleting the AD Account. Don't ask why... I work for a Law Firm, I need to keep the Account but I can delete the MB's... Thanks g On Mon, 15 May 2006 10:32:02 -0700, George <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi. > >Exchange 200...

Displaying simple URL in CDialog as underlined text
Hi all, First of all I'd like to say that I'm quite new to MFC and Win32 APIs and my question might seem trivial to HC MFC programmers. I have a dialog based MFC application. When the user selects Help->About.. the application shows yet another dialog with some information on it. There's an URL too on the dialog. I've managed to make the URL, which is a CStatic text, clickable and once clicked it opens up a web browser using ShellExecute. However I'd like the text to be blue and underlined to show the user that it is a hyperlink indeed. Now it is just like ...

Access 2007-Report (Text Wrapping)
Is it possible to have text wrapping of a field on a report like the text wrapping function in a cell in a worksheet in Excel? Set the Can Grow property to Yes. -- Build a little, test a little. "SueW" wrote: > Is it possible to have text wrapping of a field on a report like the text > wrapping function in a cell in a worksheet in Excel? Thank you. "KARL DEWEY" wrote: > Set the Can Grow property to Yes. > > -- > Build a little, test a little. > > > "SueW" wrote: > > > Is it possible to hav...

Convert columns from yyyymmdd (text) to dd/mm/yyyy (date)
Hi At the moment I'm trying to move some data from our company mainframe to a SQL 2000 database. I've been given a delimited file which I put into Excel before using DTS to import into sequel. However, all dates in the CSV are stored as yyyymmdd and as a text format in excel. I've searched these forums for answers on how to convert these fields to a dd/mm/yyyy format, but I couldn't get any suggestions to work properly. (It doesn't really matter if excel changes it to a string of 'dd/mm/yyyy' as opposed to a date field long as it's in that format. I'd be r...

How to convert text in a graphic file into normal text that MSWord
I have text in a jpec or gif file. How do I convert that to normal text that MSWord can process? You'd have to use OCR software (Optical Character Recognition). Office comes with something called Microsoft Document Imaging, which does a pretty decent job, but it only reads a limited number of graphics formats (I had to convert jpg's to tif's). It may not have been installed on your computer by default -- you may have to get out your Office distribution disk. My HP all-in-one also came with OCR, but I haven't found a way to get it to read a file that it didn't j...