how do I take off the double spacing in publisher

how do I take off the double spacing in publisher
0
GB (5)

High-light your text, format menu, paragraph

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"gb" <gb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how do I take off the double spacing in publisher

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Concatenate spaces before each alt-enter seperated value in a cell?
I hope I am making sense. Within one cell, I have several values seperated by alt-enter. So it looks this: abcdef <alt-enter> abcdef <alt-enter> abcedf <alt-enter> I want spaces before each "abcdef" so it will look like this: abcdef <alt-enter> abcdef <alt-enter> abcedf <alt-enter> This gets close: =REPT(" ",4)&SUBSTITUTE(A1,CHAR(10),CHAR(10)&REPT(" ",4)) But it actually adds extra characters at the right end of the string. Change the 4 (in both spots) to how many space characters you want. wa...

Take Ownership
What does it mean to Take Ownership of a file or folder? <PeoplesChoice@Chicago.net> wrote in message news:gjqqv5ddgj7uesie7vdej1tshbv49unr1u@4ax.com... > What does it mean to Take Ownership of a file or folder? It means to transfer ownership of an object from the original owner to you, (your account). Google ' Take Ownership ' for more information. To take ownership of a file or a folder How to take ownership of a file You must have ownership of a protected file in order to access it. If another user has restricted access and you are the computer administ...

In Publisher,mirror image text (not page)?
I want to print onto a transparency and then use the text image as a transfer. If I don't mirror the text before printing the transparency, it will be reversed and unreadable (backwards) after I do the transfer. Any suggestions? (Flip, rotate, do NOT work. I am not talking about page mirroring. )Thank you Copy the text box, paste special as an image, flip. Depending on the font and size this may not be the best way, the text will be dark. A better way would be paste it into Paint and flip and then paste it back into Publisher. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ h...

Can I set up Publisher to print Filofax pages?
I know that Filofax gives a CD to use to print off your address book, but I don't know how to mail merge that with stuff I've created in Publisher. I don't think it's possible. So I was wondering if there's a template within Publisher, or whether I need to make one up myself - surely there's an easier way?!! There is a FiloFax template here for Publisher, it is old but it should open okay http://desktoppublishing.com/templ_mspub.html Scroll down. Lots of Mail Merge help here http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH062524751033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP ...

running publisher 2003 with office 2007 installed
I have a client that only occasionally needs Publisher 2003 and doesn't want to pay for the upgrade on it to 2007. Will Publisher 03 still work once the balance of the Office suite is upgraded to 2007? Yes... -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "oneoff" <oneoff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B751438-12A8-4713-9A00-80BE8D56F1CE@microsoft.com... >I have a client that only occasionally needs Publisher 2003 and doesn't want > to pay for the upgrade on it to 2007. Will Publisher 03 still work once the > balance of the Office ...

Cannot complete stock split due to lack of disk space
I'm running Money 2001 on a laptop w/Windows Me, and I recently started getting the above message. I have 6GB unused on my hard drive, and I have run Scandisk, Disk Cleanup, and Defrag, all to no avail. This computer doesn't usually go online, unless I REALLY need to update something (it's just SOOO slow!), so I doubt it's a piece of malware causing the problem. Nothing remotely similar is coming up in Calendar (the only other program regularly run). I have also tried the MVPs suggested fix of Run > "C:\...money.exe" -s, which didn't work. I then downloa...

Disk Space in C Drive
I am using XP Professioanl with SP3. My total disk space in c drive is not equal to the Total size - Free spave which was shown in my computer. There is a difference of 8 GB in this. I had 80GB HDD. "Manikandan S" <Manikandan S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A49C6B3-2A66-449E-84AE-5B8143146D8D@microsoft.com... > I am using XP Professioanl with SP3. My total disk space in c drive is not > equal to the Total size - Free spave which was shown in my computer. There > is > a difference of 8 GB in this. I had 80GB HDD. Page file, Hiber...

BLANKS AND SPACES
WHEN I USE THE FORMULA (COUNT A) IT COUNTS ALL NON BLANK CELLS , BUT IF YOU HIT THE SPACE BAR IT THEN COUNTS THE CELL AS A NON BLANK AND COUNTS IT --- REMEDY PROBLEM --- EXCELL -- LOOKS AT ALL ,BLANKS,ZERO'S,SPACES ,TEXT AS 0'S, ALL AS ZERO Bill, if the cell has a space in it, it is not blank, if you are trying to count numbers you can use =count(), does this help or do you need something else? -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Exc...

gap width zero
I want a bar chart with gap zero. When I set gap width to zero and the border of the bar to single line, then the border between two bars is shown as double. I don't like the visual appearance of this. I am rewriting a word-app to an excel app and the point is that the same barchart is shown in Word with a single line between to charts (that means that the borders of two adjacing bars overlap each other. I want the same behaviour in Excel but I don't get it. Why this inconsistency? Is there a workaround? Jan If the chart with the apparent double line is copied as a picture, t...

Bookmarks take me away from email
I use "Actions > Send Web Page by E-mail". Then setup the bookmark, and a link to the bookmark in Outlook. This link takes the recipient to the web page (www.webpage.com#bookmark), rather than jumping them to that part of the email. It seems like this should be possible since you can set the link to go to a bookmark. I don't even get how it thinks I would possibly want it to go to a web page. Help is much appreciated! ...

Publisher 2003 Send as email function
When I send as e-mail, I am loosing resolution and if the recipient forwards the e-mail, there are a host of formating issues like text boxes move, the logo is sliced in half. Any suggestions, please I am ready to chuck the computer! -- lyn There are many variable when directly sending a pub doc as an e-mail, what e-mail client you use, what one the recipient uses, whether or not the recipient can receive HTML, Rich Text, or text only messages, size limitation on messages, etc. Can you just send as an attachment or does the recipient not have Publisher? (and if not, can y...

Macro that double spaces rows for an entire worksheet?
Hello, I regularly import data into excel and then need to double space every row manually, or add a new empty row between each line of data manually. Does anyone know a macro where I can highlight all of the worksheet data, run the macro, and everything will be double spaced automatically? Thanks for any input! Gary Gary, Give this a try... '--------------------- Sub I_Need_Space() 'Inserts a row between every row in the selection. 'Jim Cone - San Francisco, USA - November 05, 2005 Dim rngSelect As Excel.Range Dim lngRow As Long Set rngSelect = Selection.Columns(1) ...

calculation taking too long
Currently I have a sheet where I enter my data and then another sheet within the same workbook that makes various calculations based on this data. But every time I enter data, it takes a long time for my formulas to calculate, upwards of a minute. I am pretty sure this is because my formulas contain entire columns as ranges (i.e. A:A rather than A1:A100). However I need to use A:A in my formulas as my data sheet is indefinitely long and I will continue to add to this over the years. I don't want to have to go back and change all my formulas to A1:A200 every time my data e...

Publisher 2000 cannot save, not enough memory.
After creating a 5 to 30 page project with 2 photos on each page with captions for each photo, when trying to save it will say not enough memory try another drive, but it will end up crashing without saving. This happens in Win 98 and Win XP opening across a network with a server drive with 20gigs free and 25 gigs free on the local drive. -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Are you saving to the local drive? Publisher does not do well saving to a network drive. You should save locally and copy over to the network. PUB2000: Cannot Save Publication After You Lose Network Connectio...

double file in excel
somehow i managed to have a splitted excel-file. when i'm opening it it alwasy opesn as "name:1 [VSync]" and "name:2 [VSync]". how can i stop this? The easiest way is to close one of the windows. Just click the "x" of one of them. And Save. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "steve" <usefulhints@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:5dff01c42dca$5e613890$a301280a@phx.gbl... | somehow i managed to have a splitted excel-file. when i'm | opening it it alwasy opesn as "name:1 [VSync]" and "name:2 | [VSync]". how can i stop this? ...

Publisher 2007 compatible with Lotus Notes
I am considering purchasing Publisher 2007 for its email capabilites (newsletters, etc). However, we use Lotus Notes as our email program. Can you only use Outlook our Outlook Express email to send out Publisher campaigns or is it also compatible with Lotus Notes? Jaymie wrote: > I am considering purchasing Publisher 2007 for its email capabilites > (newsletters, etc). However, we use Lotus Notes as our email program. > > Can you only use Outlook our Outlook Express email to send out Publisher > campaigns or is it also compatible with Lotus Notes? a) Publisher can ...

Logging in taking too long
Why do SOME users' computers on my network take an unusual amount of time to log onto the network? I'm talking 15-20 min long! Not all of them too! This all started when we brought our server to our Austin office, due to Hurricane Rita, and brought it back to the gulf coast. When we brought it to Austin, we had to change settings (don't know what settings); then once we came back... there are some users who take forever to get on the server. Please help. Thank you, -- lfheb Have you checked event logs on both the client and the server? There has to be something in t...

double emails #6
I set up Outlook Express yesterday. Five minutes later, I realized that what I really wanted was Outlook so I changed over to that. Now I'm getting duplicates of all emails. I also have McAfee so I'm wondering if that is affecting it as well. Yesterday I got single emails. This morning I woke up to doubles. dudish <dudish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I set up Outlook Express yesterday. Five minutes later, I realized > that what I really wanted was Outlook so I changed over to that. Now > I'm getting duplicates of all emails. Duplicates in one program, o...

How long will it take for migration?
Hi, I plan to do migration SBS 2003 to SBS 2008. I have about 500 GB data on the source server. and I have gigabyte network. How long it will take for the migration? Will the migration, will users feel the slow open files on server? Will the migration use a lot of CPU or memory? Thanks in advance! Lisa Hi Lisa (again <g>) The acutal moving over of the data files is trivial. It will take a few minutes to an hour. The real time consumer here is the moving of the exchange mail and public folders, which can take days. If you want/need a more accurate estimate of ...

Allen Browne's Has the Rcd been Printed
Hi, I'm using Allen Browne's code from Has the Rcd been Printed and all of that is working great. I'm now trying to implement the Taking it Further - Track each time a record is printed. (This has been cross posted to queries. I only did this because there is only one day left on this forum.) I am trying to write an SQL statement that will Copy the keys from member table to member print audit table and set a value in the member print audit table. Here is SQL like statement that I want to do: INSERT INTO tblBatchMember (AcctNo, SET BatchID = 999) SELECT q...

Error on opening Publisher 97
I have just installed Publisher 97 on a friend's computer operating under Windows 98 When I start Publisher 97 I am met with a dialogue box saying: "Publisher cannot open this file. This is not a publisher file." but if I click on the OK button everything is fine and the program works fine. It is just annoying that this error message comes up each time. Could it be a corrupted template ? I am wondering if there an equivalent of word's normal.dot in publisher that I can delete and create new one? Thanks, Noel This would be a good file to download. Do you have a virus...

working with publisher 2003 and outlook 2007
How can I e-mail as a message (not attachment) publication from publisher 2003 using outlook 2007 Thank you -- Hugo Rojas The Outlook program and the Publisher program have to be the same suite. Compose the email in Outlook using the HTML or Rich Text option. How to save your publication as a Web Archive in Publisher and share it in e-mail http://support.microsoft.com/kb/312157/en-us -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "HugoRojas" <monchis_306@hotmail.com(donotspam)> wrote in message news:E4CBC550-8EC4-4272-885F-3BC69AA51A9F@microsoft.com... &...

How do I Remove and replace entire Publisher website?
-- Ole Crep Delete all of the files. Upload new ones. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "OleCrepitation" <olecrep@hotmail.com(donotspam)> wrote in message news:5B675A63-E2B2-4461-9DA4-CF52FCADB16F@microsoft.com... > > -- > Ole Crep I use a File Transfer Program to gain access to my website files on the server. From the ftp, gather all the files of the website and click on delete. Then, gather all the new files on your computer and move them to the website and unclick. -- Do...

Why did the upgrade take so long?
Hello: It took a server 22 hours to upgrade 6 small databases (DYNAMICS and 5 companies) from 8.0 SP5 to 10.0 SP4!!! Anybody have any ideas as to why this took so long? All in total, the databases were only a little over 1 GB (again, in total)! Microsoft reviewed the steps that I took as well as the server that I used. The IT department did, as well. Everything was done correctly and within guidelines. No one knows why this took so long. I disabled antivirus this AM, beforehand, and ran file maintenance and DBCC CHECKDB and so forth. The only processes according to...

Publisher 2007 #12
When I open Publisher 2007, I'd like to just open to a blank page without all of the other stuff, such as templates and the "format publication" section. How can I accomplish this? -- VP You can pull the Format Publication off and resize it to small. Drag it to a less intrusive part of your screen. Publisher will remember this size next time you open the program. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "VP" <VP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C1D221C-D330-4C2F-B920-DEB09A1...