How do I stop my Publisher 2003 document from saving as a webpag.

When I save a particular publication ( a newsletter) in Publisher 2003 as a
Publisher 2000 document (so I can work on it elsewhere) it opens as a web
page instead of a print document.  When I convert it back to print, I lose a
few inches of print on the left page that just don't print even when I change
the margins.  The missing print shows on the screen normally, it is only in
print preview and on paper that it cuts off.  Can I stop this from happening?
 Can I retrieve the missing print?  Please help!
0
maridney (1)

You may have to reconstruct this publication.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"maridney" <maridney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I save a particular publication ( a newsletter) in Publisher 2003 as a
> Publisher 2000 document (so I can work on it elsewhere) it opens as a web
> page instead of a print document.  When I convert it back to print, I lose a
> few inches of print on the left page that just don't print even when I change
> the margins.  The missing print shows on the screen normally, it is only in
> print preview and on paper that it cuts off.  Can I stop this from happening?
> Can I retrieve the missing print?  Please help!

0
mary-sauer (6480)
4/20/2006 11:22:25 AM
Our office manager has a similar problem - there is a document (a weekly
church bulletin) that she works on regularly that seem to randomly change
themselves to a web publication.  She does not save it in any other Publisher
version, or take it to another machine, just saves each week's updated
version over the previous week. It is on a network and other staff contribute
their 'bits' but from the timing of the problem it doesn't seem that someone
else is inadvertently saving it the wrong way (it happens when no one else
has contributed anything since she last saved it herself).  She has tried
starting over but they eventually do this again and it's becoming very
frustrating.  How do we stop it from converting to a web publication??

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> You may have to reconstruct this publication.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "maridney" <maridney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I save a particular publication ( a newsletter) in Publisher 2003 as a
> > Publisher 2000 document (so I can work on it elsewhere) it opens as a web
> > page instead of a print document.  When I convert it back to print, I lose a
> > few inches of print on the left page that just don't print even when I change
> > the margins.  The missing print shows on the screen normally, it is only in
> > print preview and on paper that it cuts off.  Can I stop this from happening?
> > Can I retrieve the missing print?  Please help!

Are you saving to the local hard drive and then copying to the server?  This
maybe the problem. Copy your file to the network, never save there directly.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"ScrapinAnge" <ScrapinAnge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Our office manager has a similar problem - there is a document (a weekly
> church bulletin) that she works on regularly that seem to randomly change
> themselves to a web publication.  She does not save it in any other Publisher
> version, or take it to another machine, just saves each week's updated
> version over the previous week. It is on a network and other staff contribute
> their 'bits' but from the timing of the problem it doesn't seem that someone
> else is inadvertently saving it the wrong way (it happens when no one else
> has contributed anything since she last saved it herself).  She has tried
> starting over but they eventually do this again and it's becoming very
> frustrating.  How do we stop it from converting to a web publication??
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> You may have to reconstruct this publication.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "maridney" <maridney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > When I save a particular publication ( a newsletter) in Publisher 2003 as a
>> > Publisher 2000 document (so I can work on it elsewhere) it opens as a web
>> > page instead of a print document.  When I convert it back to print, I lose
>> > few inches of print on the left page that just don't print even when I
>> > change
>> > the margins.  The missing print shows on the screen normally, it is only in
>> > print preview and on paper that it cuts off.  Can I stop this from
>> > happening?
>> > Can I retrieve the missing print?  Please help!

0
mary-sauer (6480)

What is that add on in Pub. 2003
What do you call that program that is on the $209.00 version? More Money -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Guantanamo Bay. Hi Joseph A Zupko (unmonitored@sbcglobal.net) in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || What do you call that program that is on the $209.00 version? It's Microsoft Digital Image Pro 9 (less the clipart). -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties...

Published with errors for one of two administrators
I am using 1.2 and having a problem with the deployment manager. I have two administrators, Adm1 and Adm2. Adm1 deployed CRM and installed the SQL server. We are using a copy of SBS 2003 that was upgraded from standard to premium. Adm2 has always been the domain admin, but was added to CRM after it was deployed. Both are Sales Pro licensed in CRM and have the System Administrator role. Problem: Adm1 and Adm2 can both customize the system, but only Adm1 can publish without errors. When Adm2 tries to publish, it publishes with errors, and has several loggings in event viewer, all ...

Further to 2003 home page
How do I remove the trasaction from showing as income without deleting it from the account it is transfered to Best to keep the discussion in one thread. You never did give enough information to understand the first issue--why's a transfer showing as income somewhere in Money--so it's premature to address this one. "Dv.towle" <Dvtowle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90B0A83B-B1D2-49BF-B1BB-73A8E8DFCA8C@microsoft.com... > How do I remove the trasaction from showing as income without deleting it > from the account it is transfered to &qu...

Report problem using Vista and Access 2003
I have Office Pro 2003 and I am running Vista. I am having problems creating and/or opening Reports in Access 2003 for an existing database or a newly created one. When I request a print of an existing report nothing happens. I cannot even see the report in design mode. When I attempt to create a new report with the Wizard it takes me to the very end and then indicates that the process cannot be completed. The design mode will not even display Is there a configuration issue that must be addressed? Just a wild guess: Do you have a default printer set up? -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft ...

Where is the .ost file ? Outlook 2003
I want to use the inbox repair tool. I did find the scanost and scanpst files in the "1033" folder on my HDD. I wanted to use the scanpst file to scan .ost as you can scan either file, but when I searched for the location --- ending in microsoft\outlook ---- there wa no .ost file. I also scanned my HDD for .ost could not find that extension. And I do run in cached mode. I did use the scanost, but also wanted to use the scanpst tool drill to the location of the .ost file, change the file extension and run. Thanks, Bob Did you check this directory? C:\Doc...

Replaying audio in word document
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I recorded an interview in word. Now that I replay it, it sounds as if being reproduced in slow motion and is incomprehensible. Does anyone know how to play it at normal speed? Thanks ...

Installed Exch2007 into existing 2003 site, cant send mail
I installed an Exchange 2007 server into our domain. This server is meant to be a test server. It created a different routing group for itself. It seemed to propogate all the correct settings for the connectors and our DMZ smart hosts, yet, on the test account I created, I cannot send email to either internal users on Exchange 2003 or to the Internet. -- "Technology also allows us to get very angry and abusive with people who can't punch us in the nose at that very minute." Scott Adams ...

stops responding

Categorizer in Exchange 2003
Hi, Sometimes (but not always) a message being sent to internal recipients are being delivered to the categorizer and then disappear. When sending a message from user1 on server1 to user2 on server2 the events from the message tracking tool in ESM are: 1. <Event Time> - SMTP: Store Driver: Message Submitted from Store 2. <Event Time> - SMTP: Message Submitted to Advanced Queuing 3. <Event Time> - SMTP: Started Message Submission to Advanced Queue 4. <Event Time> - SMTP: Message Submitted to Categorizer And that's it. No event log entries and no messages s...

publishing a video clip
I want to put a video file on my web site. Can I just insert it as an 'object' on the page? Will it then get uploaded from my computer when I upload my site? jjjj wrote: > I want to put a video file on my web site. Can I just > insert it as an 'object' on the page? Will it then get > uploaded from my computer when I upload my site? ======================================== Try asking your question in the following group: "publisher.webdesign" http://tinyurl.com/2rhz7 -- John Inzer Including external files in a Publisher web: http://msmvps.com/blo...

how to save sent items automatically in a particular folder
"sent items" <sent items@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:59D107D0-2F67-421D-814C-22176C6EE5A6@microsoft.com... >Nothing PLEASE write your question in the body of the post and NOT just the subject Have a look here: http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm look at Rules and Alerts sent items <sent items@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: <nothing> See Help>Rules and Alerts -- Brian Tillman ...

Pivot Table - wont refresh
I've not experienced this problem in Excel 2000, but after upgrading to Excel 2003, there's an odd problem. Has anyone experience something similar - User error or bug? The problem: 1. Create pivot table with pivot table 'pages'. 2. The page selection list includes a listing that is not in the raw data. Refreshing the pivot table wont reset. It is possible to ascertain from the list order, which data item is being incorrectly shown. 3. In the raw data, replace the name of the incorrectly displayed data item with something else (eg 'ABC') 4. refresh the pivot tab...

Saving/sharing emails
I need to store multiple emails from multiple users into one place regulary. I am struggling with the best way to do this! any suggestions would be much appreciated. I have thought about creating a personal folder and sharing it but cant seem to get the sharing option un blocked out. -- Regards Nickie PST files can't be opened by multiple computers at the same time. There are 3rd party solutions like http://www.olfolders.de/Lang/English/OLfolders/olw1.htm that let this happen. The only other thing I can think of is to export the messages in ..TXT/.HTML/.MSG for...

blue stop screen 0x0000007E

distribution list size in exchange 2003
Hi there I have a SBS2003 machine, with some folders underneath the public folders. these folders contain contacts in distribution lists. I am getting intermittent errors when I attempt to update some of the information for some of these contacts in the distribution lists... the errors relate to Distribution list is too large to save onto your network email server" Just wondering what the size limit is for a distribution list residing in public folders in exchange 2003? Client using outlook xp Check out: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;238569&P...

publisher 2000 is corrupt
I have office 2000 2 disk set. all of a sudden publisher doesn't work. when launched I get a message "the windows installer failed to install the program associated with this file. please contact your system administrator. I tried to uninstall disk 2 but get a message "this action is only valid for products that are currently installed" how can I uninstall publisher so that I can re-install it??? What version of Windows are you using, as it is necessary to know to assist you with your issue. Always quote the version of Windows and Publisher you are using to ensure you...

recipient policy stopped working

Inter-Document Cross-Referencing
I'm writing a book, and each chapter is typeset in a different MS Word 2007 file. It's easy to cross-reference within each document, but, is it possible to cross-reference between chapters? Hi Mohammad, You can reference bookmarks in another file by using the INCLUDETEXT field, which is similar to the REF field, but refers to text in another file. The syntax is {INCLUDETEXT "filename" [bookmark]}. -- Hope this helps, Pesach Shelnitz My Web site: http://makeofficework.com "Mohammad Sadeq Dousti" wrote: > I'm writing a book, and ea...

Exchange 2003 and NDR
Hello A little trouble with NDR configuration. I want to avoid NRD messages to Internet or also to my AD users. I'd like to concentrate all the NDR messages on a postmaster's address. The Exchange 2003 server manages the local domain (AD) and my society's internet domain (@masociete.com) I have cleared the parameter "Allow non-delivery reports " in the Global Settings and add the postmaster address under Under Administrative Groups/First Administrative Group/Servers/Protocols/SMTP. And after, I have restarted Exchange. But it seems to not work. If i send a mail to a...

"save as" pop up does not appear when selecting "save as"
Microsoft office 2003 student & teacher windows xp This problem occurred recently after having been using this program for a couple of years. FYI I have already done the following: 1) Control Panel->add/remove prgrms ->microsoft office ->detect & repair, and did a reinstall as well. 2)chkdsk /f /r 3)multiple antivirus scans; antimalware scans 4)Update Windows (xp) ...

Outlook 2003, can not open email messages after upgrade.
I have an XP Pro workstation with Office XP that I upgraded to Office 2003. When the upgrade was complete and Outlook is opened, none of the email messages will open when double clicked. Also nothing shows in the reading pane when you select a message. The error I receive suggests that Windows is out of memory and that I should close programs and then try again. The PC has 512MB of RAM and no other programs are open. This behavior occurs even if I uninstall Office XP first and then cleanly install 2003. Updating the installation with the latest patches does nothing to fix thi...

MS Excel 2003 automating new worksheet & transfer balances
Hi, Im a fairly basic Excel user and need help from the experts! I have just converted a manual daily cash sheet form to an excel spreadsheet. I want/need to automatically generate each new days cash sheet and have it transfer the balances (bank balance & cash on hand) from the previous day. At this time we are copying the original cash sheet template to be used for the current days receipts and manually entering those running balances from the previous day. Is there a way to automate this process so the balances are transferred when each new worksheet is created? Much appreciated! ...