how do I split cells in Publisher 2003?

You can only split cells if the cells has been merged.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"CalendarGirl" <CalendarGirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
mary.sauer (2018)

Publisher 2003 vs 2000 on network
My coworkers are complaining that when our Public Relations person, who has Publisher 2003, opens one of their Publisher 2000 files that is saved on a shared drive, they can not open it afterwards. They claim she simply opened it but did not save it. Is it possible that simply VIEWING a Publisher 2000 document in Publisher 2003 will change its format? If so, what can be done? I don't think by viewing the file it would change the format. Do you have Norton installed? Might disable "script blocking" and Office plug-ins in Norton options. I would suggest when your PR perso...

Excel 2007: Sort by Cell Color
Hi, I have Excel 2007 with a fairly new computer and 2gb of RAM. When I try to sort a spreadsheet by cell color, the program locks up and I have to quit. There are 46000 records in the sheet - I understand this is a big ask for the computer but with 2gb of RAM it should be able to do it. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can make this work better? Thanks. I hadn't tried sorting by color (cell fill color) before (new XL2007 feature) so I created a 46000 row by 3 column 'database' with two fill colors in the first column. It sorted in less than 5 seconds on a les...

Split tasks a splitting headache
Inherited another Project IMS. I am noticing right off that the previous scheduler has been starting tasks without their FS preds completing. Yeah, it does show up as a spit bar in the gantt chart. But, does anyone know a way to filter out just task that started before predecessor completion? I'm dealing with several thousand lines. Thanks. -- trailerpup ------------------------------------------------------------------------ trailerpup's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/116596.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1290853.htm ...

How to randomly split a whole dataset into two sub-dataset?
Hi, At your possible convenience, might anyone please kindly answer my question? Thank you very much. How to "RANDOMLY" split the whole data set (n=2000) into two sub dataset (n=1000; n=1000) in SPSS or Excel? Thank you very much. Please take care Caroline zencaroline <zencaroline@gmail.com> writes: > How to "RANDOMLY" split the whole data set (n=2000) into two sub > dataset (n=1000; n=1000) in SPSS or Excel? Create a new variable whose value is randomly distributed. Sort the data on this variable. Take the first 1000 cases ...

Unwanted replicated split screen
I know I could re-install excell but before I do, is there anyone here who can help me disable a setting that I have no idea how it came about. I can only describe it as 2 identical execl grids on the same worksheet. Accompanying image will show you. Help. Thanks. +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: excel_display_duplication.GIF | |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3855 | +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ -- BoyLeroy -----------------------------------...

how to copy cells data in every 7th row?
Hi, I have a column of data from A2 to A65000 and I am only interested in every 7th data point (e.g. A2, A9, A16....). Is there a way to get those selected points and store them in the next column (B) consecutviely (b1, b2, b3, b4, ...)? Thanks, Jeff Jeff, Sub Get7() Dim outrng As Range Dim i As Long Set outrng = Range("b1") Lastrow=cells(rows.count,1).end(xlup).row For i = 2 To lastrow Step 7 outrng = Cells(i, 1) Set outrng = outrng.Offset(1, 0) Next i End Sub HTH "Jeff" wrote: > Hi, > I have a column of data from A2 to A65000 and I am only interes...

Publish CRM reports through ISA?
Hi Does anyone here have experience of publishing CRM reports through ISA Server 2006? We are publishing our CRM through ISA (successfully) using forms authentication on the ISA listener. The reports don't work. The problem is the way requests for CRM reports are redirected to the Reporting Services website. If we specify the internal or netbios name for the Reporting Services website in the deployment manager then the reports are accessible, but of course the internal names are not resolvable on the internet. If we specfiy the FQDN of the Reporting Services website, this does not work, p...

PDF icon in calculated cells
I have a calculated column and a PDF icon has appeared. If I delete the contents of the cells, the PDF icon remains. How can I delete the PDF icon? Right click on the icon and select cut from the popup menu. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Texas Bald Eagle" <Texas Bald Eagle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BEBE1E3D-762B-43DE-8A60-99A86F8A8A20@microsoft.com... > I have a calculated column and a PDF icon has appeared. If I delete the > contents of the cells, the PDF icon remains. How can I delete the PDF icon? ...

Count Cells in a particular row w/ text
Hi, Is there a way I can total up all the cells in a range which have any text in them what so ever? Hi, =Counta(A1:A100), will count cells that are not blank if this helps please click yes, thanks "wotanthewanderer@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi, > > Is there a way I can total up all the cells in a range which have any > text in them what so ever? > Try this: =COUNTIF(A1:A10,"*") That counts TEXT only, ignores numbers. =COUNTA(A1:A10) That will count all non-empty cells regardless of data type. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP <wotanthewanderer@gmail.c...

Outlook 2003 Stand Alone
I have Office XP Professional. I want to upgrade my Outlook only. Does any one know if Outlook 2003 can be purchased as a stand alone and have it come with the "Business Contact Manager". I have been into all the local computer stores and the personal there just don't know. Please help with this info. Thanks much. SteveR7138@msn.com Checked out Microsoft's pages for Outlook 2003. As far as Business Contact Manager is concerned: How to Buy Business Contact Manager is included in Office Small Business Edition 2003 and Office Professional Edition 2003. Looks like you&#...

Can't find my Front End Folder after database split
I just split my database base to allow for ease of use for multiple users. Ererything, it seemed, went smoothly until i try to find the fron-end folder. It is nowhere to be found. Should it be label ****_fe.mbd like the back end? Please help. Thaanks. It will be called that, unless you typed something else in the save as dialog. I thought it ended up in the same folder as the backend after splitting. Easiest way is to go back to the original and split it again, this time take note of where you save it before you press the button. Jeanette Cunningham "Joe" <Joe@discussi...

Why is my text hidden behind other cells?
I changed my text to be 90 degrees. When I type, the text only shows in that box. I cannot make it appear OVER the other cells. I need to learn how to 'bring it to front'... if that makes sense. HELP! I don't think you can. The only ways to show all the text would be to either increase the height to the row or merge some cells together. -- Ian -- "dANA" <dANA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:694DF522-46B4-4D66-A1F9-08469E5A7C50@microsoft.com... >I changed my text to be 90 degrees. When I type, the text only shows in >that > box....

How do i stop the task pane appearing when i start publisher 2007
I am trying to start publisher 2007 in 100% view and without the task pane at the side appearing. Can anyone help me please ? I use Publisher 2000 and have the startup as you would like. This may be the same or similar in 2007. Tools Options Uncheck "Use catalog at startup." OK -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "1Dynamo" <1Dynamo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:843E1573-11D0-4293-8883-3BEEE0626E26@microsoft.com... >I am trying to start publisher 2007 in 100% view and without the task pane >at > the side appearing. Can anyo...

Unable to connect Office 2003 to SBS Exchange 2000
I have two new XPSP2 workstations with Office 2003 but when after configuring them for the Exchange server I get one of three errors: a) on a profile migrated from an existing workstation (whose Office 2000 still works) Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The set of folders could not be opened. b) on a new profile using Cached Exchange Mode Unable to open your default e-mail folders. You must connect to your Microsoft Exchange Server computer with the current profile before you can synchronize your folders with your offline folder file. c) on a new...

cells
Ok im trying to grab names from one cell to transfer to another cell on a different sheet but when I do the = and click on the cell that I want the information to come from it just places a 0 in that cell and no text. I changed the cell to make sure the properties are in text format but that didn't work, when I start a completly new worksheet it works! Ok anyone know what im talking about ;-0 Nick ...

Display Data On Split Form
Not sure how to ask this but here goes. In AC 2007 I have a split form that I want to display a value that will show regardless of the row I select in the datasheet. This is the number of vacation days one will have through-out the year and of course it changes as vacations days get used up. Any help will be appreciated, James "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message news:6A4DFFD9-3302-4A10-B51A-153373D266FD@microsoft.com... > Not sure how to ask this but here goes. > In AC 2007 I have a split form that I want to display a value > that will show regardl...

Publisher 95 convert
I have a document passed on to me saved to disc created in publisher 95 version 5. I need to view and amend this document if at all possible. I'm currently running Publisher 98 when I try and open the 95 version I get a conflict message telling me its a different version. Is there a converter ie 95 to a later version or way to open this? Thanks Hi ossian (ossian@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I have a document passed on to me saved to disc created in publisher || 95 version 5. I need to view and amend this document if at all || possible. I'm curren...

Split data into new sheets
I have a (very) long list, sorted by account code. I would like to write a macro that splits the list into separate sheets in the workbook, with a separate sheet for each account code. Ideally, I would also like to rename each sheet to show which account code the sheet contains. I have no idea, though, where to start. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Hi bernard How many different accounts are in the list (more or less than 250)??? below some code that I use to split files by account numbers where the user has to select a cell within the column that contains the account number... Hope thi...

How can I separate items from one cell into two?
-- bootsy here's two ideas 1) use data / text to columns 2) use a formula such as =LEFT(A1,3) or =RIGHT(A1,4) if you'ld like more assistance please post back with additional details and type out two or three examples of your data. Cheers JulieD "Bootsy" <Bootsy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14CF8AC7-AF0E-47E3-8B04-E3C95A9ADEF5@microsoft.com... > > -- > bootsy Peo Sjoblom wrote: <NOTHING>! http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordo...

OL 2003
I've recently created two new calendar type Public Folders on our Exchange Server 2003 from my PC running OL 2003. I have the Taskpad view enabled on the RHS of the screen as I like to see a year in advance. On existing Public Folders, the taskpad shows a 2 x 6 matrix of monthly calenders. Eg I see January 2005 through to January 2006. When I click on one of the new public folders, I only see two calendars in the top of the Taskpad view (Feb & Mar). If I then click a day in February, Outlook only then draws up the 2 x 6 matrix to fill the taskpad. Also, I'm sure this is ...

Safe way to check what is in a cell
Hello, I am writing an application that is supposed to parse a spreadsheet file into individual files dependent on what is in the first column. Each block of rows with the same numeric string or number is used to create a new file, i.e. a change iin number signals end of a file. Lines with anything else are to be ignored. For this reason, I need to check the first column for one of the following: 1. A string of numerals, f.ex. "014" 2. A number, f.ex. 610 3. #N/A 4. Blank 5. Anything else So, I need a safe way to tell if I have either 1 or 2, or one of the rest. I have code that ...

sharing Task/Contacts folder in Outlook 2003
The Outlook 2000 invitation to share a task or contacts folder, does not appear with the accept and decline options in Outlook 2003, as it does on other Outlook 2000 clients. Is there someway to make this work in Outlook 2003?? Thanks, -SG Net Folders, buggy application that it was, was discontinued in Outlook 2002 and later versions. See if any of the solutions offered here help: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent t...

Totalling seperate cells from a HLOOKUP function
is it possible to sum the product of 2 or more cells, 1 cell being the result of a HLOOKUP function, without creating a third cell for individual results? Here is my problem: Row A contains a list of different locations Row B contains wether the delivery has failed or completed Row C contains the quantity of items on Invoice Is there a formula I can use to have the total quantity from all of the failed deliveries for that day? As the failed delivery locations may vary from day to day, I cannot just total those cells from each location I have tried this formula, but it re...

copying content of cell into other cells casually
I preparing about 3000 tickets for an Italian tombola. A row of 15 randomly chosen different numbers from 1 to 90 (e.g. 8, 20, 22, 34, 40, 43, 51, 55, 62, 72, 74, 84, 85, 90) needs to go nicely into a table quite casually. The table (three rows high and ten columns long) which are the tickets that will be sold at the tombola will look like the following: | | | 20 | | 40 | | 62 | | 84 | | | | 22 |34 | 43 | 51 | 63 | 72 | 85 | | 8 | | | | | 55 | | 74 | 90 | Numbers needs to be in these columns as players can see easily if they have go...

split column
I have a column of data in the following format column A John B. Smith What I want to do is split this column into three separate column so that it will appear as below Column B Column C Column D John B. Smith. Is there a formula that can help me do this. TIA Tlee, If all the names follow the same format (you don't say), you can use Data - Text to columns, using a space as the separator. Make sure that the columns to the right are empty before you start. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ---------------------------...