How do i solve allignment problems in emails?

When i email a publisher document, the allignment is completely off, even
when it is perfect before i send it.  Why is this happening?  And how do i
fix it?
0
HeatherH (2)

Where is the alignment off? Are you sending the email as an attachment or as
the body of the email?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"HeatherH" <HeatherH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When i email a publisher document, the allignment is completely off, even
> when it is perfect before i send it.  Why is this happening?  And how do i
> fix it?

0
jl_paules (2767)
11/5/2007 11:25:29 PM
I am sending it as the body of the email.  Parts of some graphics shift while
leaving the other part behind... white boxes appear in some places that cover
the original text.  There are even small bits of text that shift around.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

> Where is the alignment off? Are you sending the email as an attachment or as
> the body of the email?
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>
> ~~~~~
> How to ask a question
> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>

> "HeatherH" <HeatherH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When i email a publisher document, the allignment is completely off, even
> > when it is perfect before i send it.  Why is this happening?  And how do i
> > fix it?

0
HeatherH (2)
11/5/2007 11:33:14 PM
Did you start with an email template?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

>I am sending it as the body of the email.  Parts of some graphics shift
>while
> leaving the other part behind... white boxes appear in some places that
> cover
> the original text.  There are even small bits of text that shift around.
>
> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>
>> Where is the alignment off? Are you sending the email as an attachment or
>> as
>> the body of the email?
>>
>> --
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>
>> ~~~~~
>> How to ask a question
>> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>>

>> "HeatherH" <HeatherH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > When i email a publisher document, the allignment is completely off,
>> > even
>> > when it is perfect before i send it.  Why is this happening?  And how
>> > do i
>> > fix it?

0
jl_paules (2767)
11/6/2007 12:49:32 AM
I am having the same problem as Heather.
I am using website template and wanted to send as email. Please help!

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

> Did you start with an email template?
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>
> ~~~~~
> How to ask a question
> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>

> "HeatherH" <HeatherH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am sending it as the body of the email.  Parts of some graphics shift
> >while
> > leaving the other part behind... white boxes appear in some places that
> > cover
> > the original text.  There are even small bits of text that shift around.
> >
> > "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
> >
> >> Where is the alignment off? Are you sending the email as an attachment or
> >> as
> >> the body of the email?
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> JoAnn Paules
> >> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> >>
> >> ~~~~~
> >> How to ask a question
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
> >>

> >> "HeatherH" <HeatherH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Eileen (24)
11/6/2007 6:39:00 AM
Oh yeah! To add on, I noticed that this only happens to Outlook 2007.
I sent to a few colleagues, those with Outlook 2003 viewed it exactly like
what I have designed. Those with Outlook 2007 see 'crazy' email.

"Eileen" wrote:

> I am having the same problem as Heather.
> I am using website template and wanted to send as email. Please help!
>
> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>
> > Did you start with an email template?
> >
> > --
> >
> > JoAnn Paules
> > MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> >
> > ~~~~~
> > How to ask a question
> > http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
> >

> > "HeatherH" <HeatherH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I am sending it as the body of the email.  Parts of some graphics shift
> > >while
> > > leaving the other part behind... white boxes appear in some places that
> > > cover
> > > the original text.  There are even small bits of text that shift around.

0
Eileen (24)
11/6/2007 6:54:00 AM
There is no good way to send a Publisher web page through email and it arrive
the way it was created. Some recipients will have different email programs, some
will have disabled HTML emails altogether.

You are better off composing the email inside Outlook, maybe copy/paste objects
from Publisher.

If you are wanting the email to look exactly the way you create it, then use
PDF. Office has a PDF utility. Most folks have the reader.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en
--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Eileen" <Eileen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Oh yeah! To add on, I noticed that this only happens to Outlook 2007.
> I sent to a few colleagues, those with Outlook 2003 viewed it exactly like
> what I have designed. Those with Outlook 2007 see 'crazy' email.
>
> "Eileen" wrote:
>
>> I am having the same problem as Heather.
>> I am using website template and wanted to send as email. Please help!
>>
>> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>>
>> > Did you start with an email template?
>> >
>> > --
>> >
>> > JoAnn Paules
>> > MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>> >
>> > ~~~~~
>> > How to ask a question
>> > http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>> >

>> > "HeatherH" <HeatherH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
mary-sauer (6480)

DBMail Problems
I am receiving the following DB Mail Errors in the sysmail_event_log system view: DatabaseMail process is started DatabaseMail process is shutting down DatabaseMail process is started The mail could not be sent to the recipients because of the mail server failure. (Sending Mail using Account 1 (2010-03-14T17:44:43). Exception Message: Cannot send mails to mail server. (The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.5.1 Authentication Required. Learn more at ). ) The mail could not be...

email forwarding #8
Hi all, I am running Exchange 03 on SBS03. Is it possible to setup a dummy mailbox that auto forwards all messages to 1 or more other mailboxes? If yes, how do I go about setting it up? TIA! ...

I keep getting errors when I send recieve email in outlook prof
I backed up my outlook when the shceduler asked if ai wanted to do so. now I can no longer send or recieve emails. I keep getting a timed out message and the error reads it can find the smtp server but it does not respond. What scheduler asked you to backup Outlook? Just to double check, have you checked with your ISP to see if they're having any issues? Did anything else change in your PC/network setup? "Ed P" <Ed P@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45FB87FA-FFBF-4260-90B3-CA1D9276013C@microsoft.com... >I backed up my outlook when the shceduler ask...

Re: Exchange Server 2000 Problem
> Ok, > > I have setup exchange server 2000 on a Win2K server for a customer. At first > everything appeared to go ok, when I send internal e-mail it works just > fine, when I was sending external e-mail it also works just fine (or so I > thought). > > The setup is that I have a "static" IP address configurd on a linksys router > which routs traffic inside to my exchange server on port 25, my exchange > server can make outbound connections on port 25 also just fine. > > When I send e-mail from the exchange server to my home mail server (which >...

Standard ID_EDIT_CUT/COPY/PASTE problem with mdi app
Hi all, I'm programming an MDI application including form views as child windows. My menu and my toolbar have edit items cut/copy/paste/undo. But clicking the items doesn't work, only pressing the key shortcuts ctrl-x/c etc. works fine. The menu item is deactivated, so I added a Command function OnEditCut etc. with the wizard. But there seems to be no standard routine for cut/copy/paste (the message functions are empty). Using a simple SDI application, the menu items work, why not my MDI app? What can I do? Do standard routines for the items exist? Thanx for help, Guido Guido, I...

Thanks all to my conditional problem
This group is the best.... Bobby ...

problems deleting pages
Hi, when I delete a page from a document that has many text boxes the content from the deleted page seems to be pushed on to the following pages.. Causing the text boxes to move around and the layout to change.. I want to delete the page and the content on it.. Similar things occur when deleting the text boxes then deleting the page.. This is on Publisher 2007 on this Windows 7 computer with the Office SP2 installed and on another running 2003 on XP (possibly with Office SP2 too) Any ideas? Craig It would appear your text boxes are linked. -- Mary Sauer http://m...

Blank outbound emails in Outlook 2003
Since I installed the Office 2003 Eval version, every email I have sent with Outlook has lost the text in the body of the message. Neither I nor the recipient can see any text in the body. I use a POP / SMTP mail server. Attachments come through fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If this has already been asked and answered, I apologize. A quick scan of this group did not turn up a similar problem. Turns out the problem was an incompatibility with an Inbox manager add-in from Ornic called ExLife. I've contacted their support to see if they can fix it. DH wrote: &...

Exchange Server problem:
Dear all, Can someone help to solve the following problem? Thank you very much!! Last time my exchange server have power failure, after that, the server boot up as normal but login very slowly, and i found that all the service can't stop manually, can tell me why? (Can't logoff too). Please help me to fix this problem, many thanks!! Are you seeing any errors in the System or Application event log related to Exchange or the Exchange services? -- Jim McBee Blog - http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com Directory Update - http://www.directory-update.com "Dick Lee" <di...

Problem with a drop down window for a ccomboboxex
Hello Everyone, I'm facing a problem with a CComboBoxEx.... I've implemented a deskband & i want to include a feature like the auto-suggest feature as in the google toolbar. My problem is that when some strings are populated in the drop down & I do a show drop down, my edit control in loses focus. I'm adding strings in my function (which is called in response to a CBN_EDITCHANGE message). After populating the strings, I call CMyCombobox->ShowDropDown (TRUE); But then, my edit box loses focus. If I do an immediate SetFocus (), my drop down window disappears. Any Idea ...

OWA SSL problem
I have OWA SSL and ISA 2004. My OWA is a non-default site thus all that gets installed by exchage is Exchweb which I am cool with. Anyhow... I can login to my mail server (OWA SSL) and do my thing, when I click on the LOGOUT button it logs me out, however if I close the window the server reports it can't find the file in /exchange/whatever. Is there anyway to modify OWA so that in this case everything works 100%? If I add the /exchange to my non-default site it does display the correct window but it takes a long time to do it. I am sure if the /exchange was removed from the initial...

Login problems
I'm having some login problems on my laptop (WinXP Pro SP2). The exact phenomenon varies. E.g. when I try to Switch User, it declares some parsing error in line 903, and after 10 clicks on "Ok" it returns to the original user (i.e. doesn't switch). Logging out altogether (from the first account) gets rid of this particular phenomenon. Alternatively, from the login screen, some of the users are inaccessible. Clicking on them and typing the password results in a return to the login screen. Herzl Regev wrote: > I'm having some login problems on my laptop (W...

Email problem
I am using Publisher 2003 with Outlook 2003 small business edition and when I try to send a publication from Publisher as an e-mail, Publisher freezes. It worked before and now it doesn't. It seems that the problem started after the Trial Version of Office 2007 did not uninstall properly. I am afraid that the demo may be the culprit. Can you send the file as an attachment from Outlook? How to uninstall the 2007 Office system if you cannot uninstall it by using the Add or Remove Programs feature http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218/en-us -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ ...

cell formatting problem
I have a spread sheet that I have used successfully for almost 2 years. Now all of a sudden it it "possessed"!! I have one column that contains zip codes. Now when I enter one, I type 76642 and when it displays it is 766.42. I have several others doing the same thing. I have used the Format Cells option to no avail. Can someone help?!?!? thanks Celeste, In Tools/Options Tab Edit If "Fixed Decimal" is checked then ... you've found your ghost.. end if :) keepITcool < email : keepitcool chello nl (with @ and .) > < homepage: http://members.chello...

Date formatting problem.....
Hi All, I use the following code to create a string containing the current date. Dim sDate As String sDate = Format(Date$, "mmm d, yyyy") This code works fine here in the US, but a user in the UK is reporting that it's giving incorrect results. For example, on Nov. 5th, 2009, this code creates the string 'May 11, 2009' on the UK machine. Obviously, the code is confusing the month (11) and the day (5) and transposing them. I've played with this a bit, but haven't found a solution. Suggestions? Thanks, John Nobody wrote: > "John...

Problem with Rules
I've set up a series of very simple rules. They follow this pattern : if e-mail is received with (e.g.) "AAAA" in the message body, move it to folder "AAAAFolder". The rules work perfectly when Run Now is used, but they don't work automatically. Any ideas, folks? Thanks Stephen Mulholland ...

Solving an equation in a cell
I have an excel spreadsheet that has a list of numbers that are 55% of a total that is unknown. Is there a way I can create a formula to figure out the total in a cell? Example: 26 - 55% of total My equation is: ..55 * x = 26 I need to solve for x. Is there a way to solve this in a cell? Answered in Worksheet forum. Please don't multipost. -- Andy. "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b62501c43773$454dcd70$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have an excel spreadsheet that has a list of numbers > that are 55% of a total that is unkn...

2004 Problem
Just installed 2004. Now it won't read my 2003 data file. It insists on going through a setup routine for "My MoneyX." If I try to File/Open my old file, it kicks me right back into the setup routine and creates another "My MoneyX+1." Any ideas? That worked. Thanks. "Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message news:8gflhvgpgtghmc4rv086aj4ecja992aire@4ax.com... > In microsoft.public.money, "Spence" <Not released> wrote: > > >Just installed 2004. Now it won't read my 2003 data file. It insists o...

Using User entity's email2 to send email
There are 2 fields for email addresses in the user entity and I was wondering if there is a way to send just to the email2 or to both at the same time. ...

Style problem
I am having extraordinary difficulty in setting a style that gives me the format that I want. Can someone give me step-by-step instructions in creating a style in 2007 that will do this: I. Begin typing A. Begin typing 1. Begin typing etc I would like the Roman numeral, cap letter, number - whatever I choose as my top level to be flush with the left hand margin. I want the numeral, etc. to be followed by a period and then a double space. Same for all the rest of the levels. Spacing will be single space -...

Email and opening a case
Is there anyway to have an email that hits a given queue automatically open a case if it comes from a known CRM contact? ...

TOOLBAR PROBLEM
The STANDARD tolbar on the email send scren sems to have a mind of its own. If I go to default, it comes back as it was with the nezt NEW EMAIL screen.. Any customized changes are lost as well. Right in the middle is this hube "open with adobe pdf" buton which makes me think that they have s ...

problem with decimal in calculation
when using the below formula, the answer will not follow the decimal format I have assigned under format. If I leave off the &"A" and the &"B" then it works fine by using the decimal format I selected, however with the &"A" it gives me a decimal answer 0.0000000000 =IF(((E8-G8)/ABS(G8)*100)>=0,((E8-G8)/ABS(G8)*100)&"A",ABS((E8-G8)/ABS(G8)*100)&"B") What I need is if it is a positive result, then the cell will hold the result with an A behind it and if it is negative, then the result with a B....but I only want 1 n...

cashdraw problem
cash draw connected to star tsp600 does not open before printing receipt but after closing RMS. help please watto24, Assuming you are using the OPOS drivers. Go to the folder you extracted your Star OPOS drivers to, usually \Star\Drivers\opos_win32yyyymmdd\ double click on the cashdrawer folder and run setup.exe Make sure the names match here and in RMS -- * "watto24" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:249301c47016$c52479f0$a501280a@phx.gbl... cash draw connected to star tsp600 does not open before printing receipt but after closing RMS. help pl...

Excel 2003 Slowness problem in Windows XP
Dear expert, I wish to get your help to solve the problem happened in our organization. A group of users who are heavy user of Excel, complaint that after computer upgraded to Windows XP SP1 (Pentium 4, 256MB Ram) and Office 2003 STD SP1, excel file tend to be slower when the computer running Winnt, office 97. After study and find out not all the excel file opening are slow in their PC. These most frequently access excel files that causing slowness are either too many formula, macro enable or too many sheet. File side about 2MB-4MB. I have advised them to reduce number of sheet, form...